• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Akira Howard

Chance - 40% - About as much as I can feel about a first party. A new, currently unrepresented IP that has had some success and is overall doing well. The main problem is that we haven't gotten a first party in the DLC yet. If a first party character gets in, their almost certainly one of the most likely, but I think Sakurai would be talking advantage of this being the last chance to get as many third party characters in. If they strike his fancy for a moveset (and given how much they do, who wouldn't?) I can see Sakuri overlooking that, but otherwise I don't see it.

Want - 50% - Eh, Platinum games are not my forte. I don't have what it takes to perform quick combos, and struggled with W101 before having to drop it due to difficulty. There okay and interesting, but if they end up like Bayonetta again that's another character that I can't play.

Prediction

Kunio - 4.54% - Some people seem to recognize their influence, some don't seem to know who they are...

Nominations

De Blob X5

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Akira Howard, and her brother nobody cares about:

Chance: 60%

Might be a bit too optimistic perhaps, but I didn't wanna just give a solid 50/50, cause that feels like a bit of a copout. Anyway, I know the fact that Astral Chain is a very recent release could easily be seen as a point against it, plus the fact that Nintendo seems to be focusing on third-party reps for DLC so far, but we gotta consider the fact that the post-pass DLC, from the way Sakurai talked about it, sounds like a very recent development, something the higher ups ordered after seeing how well base Ultimate and the Fighter's Pass itself sold.

With that in mind, the post-pass DLC was discussed very recently, and for all we know, discussions on it could still be going and we speak. So being "too recent" ain't really a point against Akira anymore, because by this point, their game has come and gone, Nintendo knows how well it performed, the demand could be reachin' their doors. Plus, Platinum and Nintendo are already very chummy with each other, and I doubt it'd be hard to get them to sign off on lettin' Akira loose for some police brutality, Smash style.

Want: 90%

Easily in my top 3 most wanted right now. Played Astral Chain start to finish in like a week and loved every second of it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not the highest for the Nintendo fighters (Adeleine, Edelgard, Sylux, Porky, Pokémon from Sword and Shield and a Legend of Zelda Rep that is not a spirit or assist are higher)
Alright how the **** are any of those characters likelier. Adeleine, Sylux and Porky only have missing Spirits on their side, Edelgard isn't the main character in Three Houses, Pokemon SwSh is super controversial and... Is there any candidate for Zelda that isn't a Spirit or AT?

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Akira Howard
Chance: 66%. Many seem to think if we get another Platinum Games character it would be 2B from the Drakengard series, but I'm sketchy on tha. With how CERO constantly pestered Sakurai over female undergarments in Sm4sh all the way up to Mai in Ultimate, you know they would have a field day over 2B's default uniform. Akira from the Astral Chain series however has no such issues, And as an added bonus Astral Chain is published by Nintendo to boot, which is a huge advantage over N:A which has yet to see a port(still crossing fingers...)

Want: 75%-with an insane potential from his/her movepool they seem a nice fit in my mind. Furthermore unlike stuff like Link's Awakening or the 8th Gen of Pokemon Astral Chain(along with Three Houses, Dragalia Lost and....Startropics?) Is one of the few Nintendo affiliated brands with no Spirits in the game as of writing, which is a HUGE advantage to bear.

Noms: Jin Kazama x5

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Alright how the **** are any of those characters likelier. Adeleine, Sylux and Porky only have missing Spirits on their side, Edelgard isn't the main character in Three Houses, Pokemon SwSh is super controversial and... Is there any candidate for Zelda that isn't a Spirit or AT?
I might change it (at least with the Zelda Rep), but this is just my opinion, not a fact

Either way, A Three Houses Rep is the most likely, and I happen to enjoy playing Pokémon Shield (I did not get sword)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Akira Howard

Chance: 30%
Astral Chain released to amazing reviews and top placements on sale charts. The fact that there wasn't an Astral Chain spirit event when the game released while Daemon x Machina and Sword/Shield had them makes me think they could be holding off on them to coincide with Akira being in Smash. The main downsides are the large amount of first party competition especially with recent Nintendo titles like Xenoblade 2 and Three Houses (the latter of which is also lacking a spirit event). And that's if we'd be getting any new first parties at all since they could just keep adding third parties like before.

Want: Abstain
Haven't had the chance to play Astral Chain yet. I plan to get it once I'm finished with my current Switch backlog so for now I won't comment on Akira.

Kunio chance prediction: 9.86%

Nominations:
2B x5

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Officer Goose Howard

Chance: 70%
Want: 90%

We did not get Astral Chain spirits, like with Three Houses. I'd actually be down with them. Especially if they can get them just right. Astral Chain's OST alone justifies their inclusion.

Nominations: Jin Kazama x5

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Akira

Chance: 0%
"What, 0% ?!" Well yeah, the Fighters Pass is all about 3rd party characters, so there's no way the #5 DLC character is Akira. For the 2nd wave DLC though, the % would be higher (can't be lower anyway!) and I'd be saying around 30 to 40%... at least. With how it got pushed forward, I can easily see Nintendo include Akira in Smash - not to mention the moveset would be pretty unique, with different Jojo stands to call upon.

Want: 50%
There are characters I want more than Akira, but the moveset potentiel alone makes me pretty intrigued at the prospect. Definitely would be a nice addition to Smash regardless.

Predictions: Kunio - 0.9%
I've no idea who this is, never heard of the games either, and it seems I'm not the only one.

Nominations: Kiryu x5 (one day Segata Sanshiro... one day)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Akira

"What, 0% ?!" Well yeah, the Fighters Pass is all about 3rd party characters, so there's no way the #5 DLC character is Akira. For the 2nd wave DLC though, the % would be higher (can't be lower anyway!) and I'd be saying around 30 to 40%... at least. With how it got pushed forward, I can easily see Nintendo include Akira in Smash - not to mention the moveset would be pretty unique, with different Jojo stands to call upon.

Want: 50%
There are characters I want more than Akira, but the moveset potentiel alone makes me pretty intrigued at the prospect. Definitely would be a nice addition to Smash regardless.

Predictions: Kunio - 0.9%
I've no idea who this is, never heard of the games either, and it seems I'm not the only one.

Nominations: Kiryu x5 (one day Segata Sanshiro... one day)
This game is about DLC in general, not just who fighter 5 is.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Kunio from the Kunio-kun series, or what is better known in the West as River City.

Note: Knowing which games are part of the Kunio-kun/River City series can be a bit confusing since they often go by completely different names (Renegade, Super Dodge Ball, Crash 'N the Boys, etc.). Kunio himself even has a ton of different Western names such as Sam and Alex. Because of this I encourage everyone to look here to know what games are a part of the Kunio-kun series.

Predict Concept: Atari rep.

Day will end Monday at around 10 pm EST.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Some songs to get into the Kunio mood:

Never would have I imagined a dodge ball game to have such a godly track.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Kunio

Abstain. I don't know who this is.

Predictions: Concept Atari rep - 10%

Noms: Crypto x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Hate to be someone who piles on to the abstain train but I already know that I'm not going to have enough time to rate this character

Predict Atari rep - 14 percent

Noms
Vault Boy x5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Abstain. I don't think I can give this character a fair rating.

Predict Atari rep 10%

Noms: Echo Fighters post pass x5

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Kunio(or Alex, depends on who you ask)
Chance: 15%- the Tecnos mascot who now serves as a brand under ArcSys, now seeing mainstream presence again for the first time in a while due to Wayforward working on a spiritual spinoff with River City Girls. He's actually a pretty big deal for those in the know, due to being in one of the first ever Side Scolling Beaters in gaming history. River City Ransom has gone on to be one of the most famous cult classics on the NES due to it's artstyle, open world gameplay and quirky humor. He'd be an interesting character in Smash due to filling a niche as a brawler type who can use stuff like pipes, chains, sone wheels and the occasional trash can in combat(think Cody from SF or to a lesser extent ZSS in Brawl and you get the gist) , along with over the top martial arts moves. They could even splice in his sporting attacks from things like Super Dodgeball or Nintendo World Cup too. And his Frenemy Riki/Ryan can even be added to the mix as a potential Echo.

Kuni is definitely a dark horse pick, but he could be an underrated candidate for the ArcSys rep- though the Double Dragon protags might steal his thunder due to being more well known worldwide.

Want: 33%- I did a run of some of the games in the series recently and generally enjoyed what I played. I certainly would not mind him here at all, but part of me feels he might work better as a surprise addition to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle rather then Smash.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
How come we Westerners got cool names like River City Ransom and Renegade while Japan named him Kunio-kun?

Chance: 7%
The Kunio games are classics in Japan - or at least, so I've heard. Some of the games (basically the Renegade-Super Dodge Ball-River City Ransom trifecta) are classics here as well. However over here, due to lack of localizations for most titles and idiotic branding for the ones that did (was it that hard to call them all River City?), the games aren't really known as a series, and therefore it really died after the NES era. It's still relevant, with the release of River City Girls, but it definitely missed its chance at translating legendary NES games into legendary franchise status. However the art-style of the games is incredibly recognizable (well, I hope it still is - I don't know, and refuse to learn, anything about River City Girls), so I don't doubt that Kunio himself will be a recognizable character around the globe.

However, ArcSys bought all of Technos, and therefore he competes with their characters Sol and Ragna. Neither are really frontrunners, and I could definitely see Kunio getting in before either due to seniority like Banjo over Master Chief. However, if we're looking at beat 'em up characters, I think the Lee brothers from Double Dragon have the advantage due to actually having strong brand recognition in the West as well. Then we have Sega's Streets of Rage, Capcom's Final Fight, and Microsoft's Battletoads, neither of which are the likelier options for their company's next rep, but shouldn't be discounted either.

Want: 75%
Yeah, Kunio'd be cool. It would be sweet to see people actually learn the franchise's history. Plus maybe that and the new Battletoads and Streets of Rage 4 can start a beat 'em up renaissance, that's way overdue.

Noms: Noctis x5
Atari rep prediction: 2.34%

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
A Japanese high school student who gets into fights and whose first name starts with the letter K. Reminds me of a certain one of my most wanted...
And yes I am well aware Kunio debuted way before you know who

Chance: 10%
Kunio is the mascot of former video game company Technos, whose properties are now owned by Arc System Works following the company's bankruptcy many years back. In the late 80's/early 90's, Technos had an incredibly strong history with Nintendo, releasing big hits on the NES like Double Dragon and River City Ransom. Because of Kunio's legacy I can see him being a Sakurai pick in a similar manner to Terry. On the downside though, the Kunio-kun series is owned by ArcSys nowadays so Kunio would probably have to compete with a Guilty Gear or BlazBlue character which are much more popular series nowadays. Even when looking at retro Technos characters, he'd likely be overshadowed by Billy/Jimmy from Double Dragon who are more well-known.

Want: 65%
I played River City Rampage before and I still think it's a pretty solid NES title. To those who haven't it's available to Switch online subscribers via the NES classics. I don't really have much connection to the entire Kunio-kun series outside of that one title, but after seeing all of its colorful characters and great music tracks while making the music post, I'd be pretty down for Kunio happening.

Atari chance prediction: 5.36%

Nominations:
2B x5 (would anyone like to spare her at least 1 extra nom to help break the current three way tie?)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
2B x5 (would anyone like to spare her at least 1 extra nom to help break the current three way tie?)
I was about to offer to do that, then I saw who the tie is with.

Going to take a lot to break that tie though, I got extra noms to spare. :smirk:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Kunio

Chance: 15%
River City Ransom is an old NES classic that still lives up well to this day. Kunio-Kun is a series owned currently by Arc Systems and is still alive, we just had River City Girls released last year so the IP does see some profit value. Now with Kunio being the mascot of the series and the series itself being a classic from the NES days, it's clear this character does have an argument to be made for his inclusion. But the downside is that he is owned by Arc Systems, the same company that makes Guilty Gear and Blazblue, so there is some strong competition from that front.

Want: 60%
Sure why not, I love River City Ransom and Kunio could be a fun character to add to Smash. There are certainly other characters I'd like more from Arc Systems but I'm okay with Kunio.

Prediction: Atari rep 6.4%
Nomination: Waluigi x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
[Rerate] Claude von Riegan x105
Echo: 27e (Meta Knight) x105
Noctis Lucis Caelum x100
[Rerate] 2B x100
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x95
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x85
Ryo Hazuki x80
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x80
X (Mega Man) x80
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x80
Vault Boy x80

100 - 51

Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Sackboy x70
Toxtricity x70
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Crypto x60
Kazuma Kiryu x60
Decidueye x56
Reporter & Wrestler x55
Freddy Fazbear x52

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x50
[Rerate] Dante x50
Gex x50
The Blob (De Blob) x50
Carmen Sandiego x49
[Rerate] Waluigi x48
Meowth x46
Earthworm Jim x45
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x41
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
Chun-Li x33
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x30
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x30

Under 25

Urbosa x23
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
Boss: Ender Dragon x18
Giygas x17
Rival Pokémon Trainer x16
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x15
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x15
[Rerate] Skull Kid x12
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
Concept: Echo Fighters post-Fighter Pass x10
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x5
[Rerate] Isaac x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Concept: Darksiders rep x5
Concept: Octopath Traveler rep x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Noctis Lucis Caelum and 2B cut through Lloyd Irving, though they continue to be tied for third place. Phoenix Wright and Vault Boy join the top seven, tying with Ryo Hazuki, Mii Costume: Hollow Knight, and X for seventh place (Jesus Christ!)

Kazuma Kiryu and Freddy Fazbear fight their way past 50 noms.

Today's new nominee is a rerate of Jin Kazama, with 10 noms.

3DSNinja 3DSNinja Sorry mate, but I ain't giving my noms to Five Nights at Freddy's.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
This game is about DLC in general, not just who fighter 5 is.
Well yeah... that's why I gave it a score for both. 0% for fighter #5, 30 or 40% otherwise. It just made little sense for me to focus as DLC in general, since we've almost no info so far on even the 2nd DLC wave - which may solely focus on 3rd party characters as well, thereby disqualifying Akira entirely.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I don't have anything funny to say here.

I'll spare Kunio yet another Chance abstention and actually give him a score. It's 10%. Like, the fact that this character is this under the radar tells me that he's not very popular and his series really suffers from brand identity issues in the west. However, that ArcSys thing is interesting, maybe Sakurai will want him over Sol Badguy, or Ragna the Bloodedge, or... uh, somehow, I'm not so sure about that. Even Double Dragon feels like more people wanted it in Smash... though Billy and Jimmy aren't that big of a deal against him.

Want? Too bad, that's yet another abstention. I've really got nothing to say on this character that would show anybody anything interesting. He's another character from games I've yet to try, so... he doesn't seem too terribly interesting, though. At the very least, Sol and Ragna strike me as much more interesting.

Lloyd x 5. Atari has a "who the hell do we go with?" problem, so 3.92%.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. I've never played Kunio-kun... or whatever his series is called.

Nominations: Decidueye x4, Carmen Sandiego x1

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Kunio
Chance: 5%
Admittedly, I don't know much about this series but I don't think it's all that popular or iconic outside Japan atleast. And if he's really owned by Arc he has to compete with Sol Badguy, yikes. Maybe the series is more iconic or closer to Sakurai than I think but I don't see another Terry Bogard situation happening here.

Want: Abstaining

Atari rep: 3.80%
Meta Knight echo x5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm gonna have to abstain. I have no idea who this

Nominate Carmen Sandiego x5

Prediction 7.4%

Flyboy

Smash Hero
And you call yourself Nintendo fans...

Chance: 15%
The one thing stopping this from being higher is ArcSys owning the rights to Kunio/River City. I'm not sure ArcSys would be approached by Nintendo for a fighter, and if they did it's tough to say if they'd go for Kunio or Sol Badguy. Kunio is a series they got the rights to, whereas Guilty Gear is a home series. It's tough. That said, we don't really have a dedicated sports rep or a beat-em-up rep and Kunio would be both. I know characters rep series' rather than genre but I think that alone is enough to pique interest if ArcSys is picked.

Want: 55%
Uh, yeah, that'd be cool. I was really into River City Ransom growing up. I blame a combination of I-Mockery and GameNOW Magazine telling me all about it. I remember what a big deal it was when the GBA port got released, River City Ransom EX, and I even donated to the River City Ransom Underground Kickstarter. The River City games (especially Ransom and Super Dodge Ball) are classics and from there, RCRU and RCREX and most recently River City Girls have all been a lot of fun. That's not even getting into the non-River City games like Crash n The Boys or Renegade. Really wish they had all made them one series in the West.

Anyway, wanna know something cool? You can play River City Ransom right now on Nintendo Switch Online! It's super easy to pick up your controllers, grab a friend, and play a fun classic beat-em-up. What's not fun about playing as a Japanese punk kid who likes fighting and dodgeball?

He's not one of my most-wanted but I love beat-em-up games and between Kunio/Riki, the Double Dragon boys, the Battletoads, the Streets of Rage gang, and Mike Haggar we have a lot of great choices for icons of that genre but with how many games Kunio has had I'd say he has arguably more legacy than a lot of those others, even if fragmenting his series' localization in the West hurt that a little.

Nominations: Kazuma Kiryu x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Kunio

Chance: 5%. Not as popular as many other characters, but then again, we seen stranger choices of characters show up in Smash. But the biggest issue is the fact that this character would most likely not get in this game, or possibly the next game, but it's not impossible however.

Want: 50%. I don't really know about that character, hence the reason I putting said character at 50%. However the character could be fun to play as, which for smash characters, it's in the right path, because the best role of newcomers is that they are fun to play as, not for being recognisable.

Prediction: Atari Rep: 10%

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Oh yeah, that boyfriend from River City Girls

Chance: 10%
As said above, Kunio-kun isn’t as popular as either contenders. I’ve only really found out about it via River City Girls.

Want: Abstain
Call me unpopular, but I think I’d prefer Misako and/or Kyoko. They seem more interesting to me as characters (I’m not good at expressing my feelings without defaulting to “OMG THEY’RE SO CUUUTE”, am I?).

Atari Rep: 0%

Noms: Claude von Rerate x5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Relevant? Just recently got a new game, released worldwide. Popular? As a Smash request, hell no, but the games are NES classics.
Hell, if we look at the things it inspired, one of the best licensed games ever made is Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and it's blatantly River City Ransom-inspired. Maybe it's just my age talking and I know I can't expect everyone to play every cult classic NES title under the sun but a little bit of research should be enough to show how popular just that title was, to say nothing of Crash-n-The-Boys (also referenced in Scott Pilgrim, both movie and comic funnily enough), Super Dodge Ball, and more.

One of my favorite rappers, Mega Ran, has an entire EP called River City Random with album art that's inspired by the game's logo. We've gotten two modern games in the series with River City Ransom Underground released in 2017 and River City Girls released in 2019. The game's even available on NES Online. Again, fair play if you haven't played any of Kunio's games or don't know of him by that name but to claim his series has no foothold in the West at all just smacks of willfully not bothering to do your research.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gonna abstain on Kunio, since aside from a random River City Ransom-themed level in A Super Mario Bros. X Thing I have no experience with his games. While having some of his games on Nintendo systems is a huge plus, being part of ArcSys slams him with a lot of inter-company competition. Though with the existence of games like River City Girls it does have recency on its' side.

Nominations:
Gex x5

Predictions:
Atari Rep - 0.46%

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Kunio

Chance - 15% - River City is one of the NES's cult classics which recently got a huge shot in the arm due to Girls. Due to inconsistent and irregular translation, however, the franchise is not as strong as it could be in the west. Being bought out by a company well known for their fighting games also means that there is some inner company competition. Still, an older NES icon that represents the currently unrepresented beat-em-up genre that still gets releases today seems like the sort of pick Sakuri would make, and has a somewhat decent shot.

Want - 75% - No real connection, but Girls has put my eye on him. Another NES icon that I can respect, and the beat-em-up nature makes for interesting potential without being overly complex, which has been a bit of a sticking point for me. I'd certainly be glad for his inclusion, which admittedly is more than what I can say for most third parties.

Predictions
Atari rep - 0.34% - Where are they now?

Nominations
De blob X5

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm gonna abstain on Kunio. I don't know enough about the character or the series to give a proper rating.

Nomating [Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5.

Predicting an Atari rep to get around 3.21%.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Saw Kunio's name and thought I'd drop by. I've only played River City Ransom, but it was enough for me. I've been a fan of the game since my NES days.

First, he ought to be known as Kunio in all regions with matching uniform, no localization for me. Second, I like a realistic proportioned character, but his cartoony look is more iconic.

I would really like to see to see him, 80%, but would rate his chance at 10% at best. If Technos was still around as its own company and the series not with Arc Systems, his chances would be higher. Even if that was the case, his chances would still be pretty low. There is just too much competition.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Concept: Atari rep.

Predict Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Day will end Wednesday at 10 am EST (gonna try and end the upcoming days around this time since a Direct announcement could happen soon)

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

As most of you probably know, Atari was never really known for its music. Outside of the occasional jingle, just about all of the Atari 2600 tunes are composed of bleeps and bloops to the point where the only tracks I could find online were fan remixes. Of course for the music post I could just cheat and post some Atari Jaguar songs, but I don't think that'd do the company's golden age any justice (and the less said about the Jaguar the better).

So today I decided to do something a bit different than the usual music post: a commercial post. To get into the Atari mood, enjoy 4 Atari commercials from the early 80s which include classics such as Centipede, Pitfall Harry, and some weird game involving two sewage guys.

Fun fact: the first kid in that Pitfall Harry commercial is Jack Black in his first ever acting role. The crazy things you learn from this thread I tell you...

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Landfill Simulator 1982

As far as I know, Atari literally only has Break Out left. I’m not up to date with them, but that’s probably becuase nobody wants to talk about them.

Want: 0%
I’ve seen Atari make some consistently mediocre to flat-out bad games. Not sure why I’d support a company with ideas as bland as Atari’s.

Sora: 50%

Noms: Claude von Rerate x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Well, at least it can't be E-T... or the unspeakable man... but Pac-Man's already in.

Chance: 0.01% (treat as 0). Well in theory they'd be actually a reasonable pick for gaming history in general, because it allowed Nintendo's take over of the gaming market and bringing gaming back, when it'd been previously dead. But the problem is... what characters do they even have? Like, Atari these days from what a Wikipedia glance tells me is that basically all of the actual character picks they have are no-names who hardly impacted gaming history except for Pong, which is completely unfeasible for a myriad of reasons without needing to come up with an Original Character.

Want: Abstain. Somehow I've never even touched any Atari game ever. But none of their possible candidates even feel like standouts anyway, so I have no concern over seeing them get in.

Lloyd x 5. Sora is gonna be contentious, but I think he's got a 10.08% coming his way.

Top Bottom