• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ninten

Chance: 25%
Giving him the same score as I gave Black Shadow, because I think they’re in the same place. Both are Echo contenders for dormant-or-finished franchises who’ve had characters since day one. Just doing this because I’m afraid biased me would rate 40%.

The appeal of having all three Mother protagonists is strong, and him being an easy choice for an Echo makes him the likeliest candidate for the series. Sorry Porky.

Mother is not getting a unique newcomer. As much as I’d like one, Masked Man doesn’t have the demand, Kumatora’s disconfirmed and Porky will probably be a boss.

Now why Ninten? He is very similar to Ness looks-wise, but there is the well-known scarf look to make him different enough. Plus, as Lucina and Dark Pit have shown, it’s not a huge problem if Echoes look like another character.

The look (non-)issue being out of the way, the other alleged problem is how to -or why- make him, when he’d play just like Ness. First off, Ninten would probably play more like Lucas, as he doesn’t wield yo-yos. Beyond that, it’s easy to mix up Lucas’ and Ness’ moves, along with their discarded alternate moves, to craft a unique moveset (4th-D Slip as an Up-B is a must). A unique Final Smash would also be in order. All this would make Ninten a very different Echo (beyond Chrom-level), maybe even a semiclone labeled an Echo.

He might not have been the most wanted in the ballot, but he probably wasn’t too shabby for an Echo, and I can see the demand for the multiple Mother candidates stacking up and making Sakurai go for the easiest one.

Want: 100%
He was my ballot vote. I nominated him all the way here. I love the Mother series. Anything I get and could get from it would make me extremely happy, but to be honest, seeing all three psychic kids together... I wouldn’t ask for anything more than that.

Terry Bogard prediction: 3%

Nominations: RayX5

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ninten:

Chance: 25% - I don't see it happening; while he could be an echo of Ness, there's a lot of Mother 1 moves that Ninten has and Ness doesn't, and I'm not sure if another Mother rep is going to come, anyway.

Want: 90% - I would very much like a new Mother character, and Ninten would give us all three protagonists. However, if we were only to get one more character, I'd rather have Porky.

Nominations: Minecraft Steve? x5

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So bummed that I missed my chance to rate Jin, (and even more bummed that he wasn't received as well as I thought), but such is life :)

Ninten

Chance 1%
I could say "Low chance, because he looks exactly like Ness," but considering that I use Lucina as my main, and I also like using Dark Pit, I would be a hypocrite. So I'll say this. The fact that Mother/Earthbound is completed, Smash Ultimate already having multiple stages, Assist Trophies, items, regular Trophies, and a semi clone, I don't think that it's likely that Sakurai would focus much on an Earthbound echo.

Want 0%
I don't play much with Ness, so an echo of Ness doesn't appeal to me, if I had to get an Earthbound/Mother echo I'd rather get Kumatora.

Nomination - Amaterasu x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ninten

Chance: 30%
Want: 80%

He's a goood contender for an echo and would complete the Mother Trio finally. But I'm leaning towards a little bit to no.

Nominate: Reimu Hakurei x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ninten

Chance - 7.5% - Ninten can make a semi-reasonable claim to be in. The last protagonist of Mother to not be in Smash, he is so close to Ness that he could easily be an echo. While he has some demand, and there is a nice satisfaction to completing the Mother Trio, with Mother being a completely dead franchise and not that much demand compared to others, it looks less likely that he will be in.

Want - 50% - As with most echos, I don't really care. It'd be nice to his fans, but I don't care much.

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei X5

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Ninten

Chance: 80% Ninten could potentially be a ballot pick, considering his game came out for the VC during the ballot period. Mother fans also could have voted him in, wanting to have every protagonist playable.

Want: 80% Completing the trilogy would be nice.

Nominate: Kat & Ana x5

Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Ninten

Chance 85% Ninten has a very good chance as an echo fighter. For an original fighter his chances are 40%

Want 50% I don’t know enough about him to feel qualified to give him a want score. Also I want to nominate Baldi x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
If I can only go up to 10 then 9-volt x10 please @tct-phantom please
Ninten

Chance 85% Ninten has a very good chance as an echo fighter. For an original fighter his chances are 40%

Want 50% I don’t know enough about him to feel qualified to give him a want score. Also I want to nominate Baldi x5
Only 5 noms a day dude. Please do read the OP.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ninten

Chance: 25%. He might look a little too simmilar to Ness to make it worth it. I could also wast to see Sakurai complete the Earthbound cast in the "ultimate" game.

Want: 60%. I want him and I don't know why, I haven't even played Earthbound Beginnings. Probably to complete the Earthbound representation. And I feel he would actually be more likely to Echo Lucas, who I secondary.

Nominations: Cross Series Echoes x5 (If anyone would like to help in nominating this it'd be appriciated).

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Ninten

Chance: 5%
Want: 0%

Ninten just doesn't seem interesting to include even as an Echo of Ness. Part of the reason for his inclusion seems to be to "complete the Mother protagonist set." It feels too similar to that main desire for adding Decidueye being to fulfill the "Pokemon starter trio." There's the fact that Ninten is a 1:1 copy of Ness in appearance although he could get a redesign for Smash kind of like what Roy received when he made his return in 4. Bring him in as is, and most people wouldn't realize he's not Ness. The series as a whole could probably benefit from a remake, but that comes down to whether Mother's creator is even interested.

Black Knight as a boss character x5

I only did 2 noms
You can vote for 9Volt no problem, but only 5 of your nominations will be added to the list. 10 nominations occur from you being the closest to predicting a character's overall rating (I believe chance is used), or a bonus period sometimes caused by outside forces slowing down the schedule like E3 or the August thing.

D

Deleted member

Ninten
Chance: 50%
Want: abstain

With how he looks like :ultness: he screams like perfect echo material to me, with some moves borrowed from :ultlucas: as he doesn't use a yo-yo afaik. And it would make the perfect final tribute to a concluded trilogy.
Like for Porky and Masked Man I'm abstaining on Want score as I've yet to properly play to a EarthBound game.

Noms:
Metroidvania-like adventure mode x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Ninten want: 0%

He should be a costume for Ness (although ... would anyone notice the difference?)

In fact, Ness, Lucas, Anna, Paula, and Ninten should all be costumes for the same characters with a few custom moves like frying pan and snake to differentiate them if desired.

Nominations:

FE Spear User x5

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Ninten

Chance: 30% - I'm honestly not too sure about his chances overall. On the plus side, he'd be an extremely easy echo to make since he looks so similar to Ness, and I can visualize him with a few of Lucas's moves to differentiate him a bit. I'm just not sure what the demand for him is though.

Want: 50% - I'm kinda indifferent on Ninten. Despite being a huge MOTHER fan, I've never really felt like I needed a playable Ninten. I would be happy if he got in, but I wouldn't be upset if he didn't either. Also, if we were to get a new MOTHER rep, I wholeheartedly think it should be Porky. But as it is, Ninten would be way easier to implement, so I won't hold my breath.

Raiden (Metal Gear) x5

Last edited:

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Ninten

Chance: 15%
I'm not really sure what to think about Ninten. For one, he could potentially be an Echo for Ness, but on the other, he and Ness are very similar that he might as well be just an alternate costume (with some differences, obviously). Besides, I'm not even sure if someone demanded him or if he has support from the Ballot at all.

Want: Abstain
I don't really know much about Ninten.

Nominations:
Melemele Island Stage x5

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
NINTEN

Well, we have the prototype of Ness here to rate, and I'm going to make this the briefest that I can. Ninten is wayyy to similar to Ness to be considered his own character (sorry GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 ). He isn't that unique from his Earthbound counterpart, and would probably only have a shot if he were to be considered for an echo. And in my opinion and on my research of the original Mother game, he isn't that unique from Ness to be included in that suggestion either. For the three games in the Mother series (including EarthBound), three characters are not necessary to represent the series as a whole. Paula, Jeff, or Poo would have made better echos, but Jeff is an assist trophy and the others are part of Ness's final smash. I would much rather have Nintendo focus their assets elsewhere than on a long overlooked series with 2 current characters in the roster. It isn't all that likely. Ninten gets no more than a...

Chance: 10%

I personally never connected all that much with him, for I hadn't ever played anything in the Mother series. (I also think it's kind of cheeky to name him after the company itself, but ah well.) He doesn't seem too unique or fun to play as, as his only main distinction is that he has a much more cartoony face and he sometimes is shown with a beret. I would rather that Ninten was not included in the game to be honest, but everyone has different thoughts about him. He would be easy to add, sure, but I don't believe that his inclusion is at all deserved for such a neglected series. Unless Mother 4 comes out (which it probably won't. Then my whole entire mind changes about Ninten. But until then...

Noms: You know what? Let's do it.
Amaterasu x1
Balloon Fighter x1

[Concept]: Octopath Traveler Character x1
Quote x1
Stanley the Bugman x1

And Thwomp literally needs to go away.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining from Ninten.

------

Nominations

Leo (Fire Emblem): x5

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Ninten
Chance - 20%
20% might even be a bit high, but I'll be honest, I can see it. His major plus is that he'd be incredibly easy to echo Ness. Not to mention, having all three Mother protagonists could be a big boon for some fans. Does Mother need more representation? I'm not sure, it's hard to say, but an echo doesn't hurt much.
Want - 60%
I like the Mother series, and having Ninten as a Ness echo would be really easy to do. I might prefer they alter Ninten's design just a little bit however to distance him from Ness.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Ninten

Chance: 10%
Even with echo fighters being a thing, I can't really see Nintendo going for the main character of a game that got overshadowed by its sequels. Also Lucas is already somewhat of a clone already, so Nintendo might not see the need for another pk kid (even though we already have a ton of Marth/Roy clones)

Want: 60%
I love the Mother series and I want to see it get represented more. I also love playing as Ness and Lucas, so a third option with slight gameplay differences would be alright by me.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Ninten
Chance: 1%
He is not just similar looking to Ness, he practically identical. Even Dark Pit atleast has a different color from Pit. Ninten is just Ness but with a different facing hat. Could you imagine how confusing it would be to have a match between Ness and Ninten?
Surely there are more unique Mother character than this?

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ninten

25% chance

An easy echo. Timeline wise the rerelease of mother 1 is good for him. However, he still has issues of being from the least popular mother game, more popular echos potentially taking his spot, and fan demand for him came a little late for him.

100% want

Mother having all its main characters sounds wonderful. Each mother boy having their own stage also is cool. I wish this was more likely.

Nominating Sora rerate x 5

Day over

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Terry Bogard

Chance: 2%
Yeah I’m not gonna lie, his chances are incredibly low and seeing him make it in Smash would be something of a miracle. A few things he does have going for him for whatever they’re worth:
  • He is one of SNK’s most popular characters and can be considered the face of SNK as a whole; he is the star of Fatal Fury, the secondary protagonist in Garou (after Rock Howard) and has appeared in every single King of Fighters title. The Fatal Fury games are arcade classics while Garou, KoF 98, and KoF 2002 are often regarded as some of the greatest fighting games of all time.
  • Neo Geo machines/games are insanely popular in China and Latin American countries, while KoF 97 in particular is one of the most widely played fighting games in China to this day. If you want an idea of how big SNK games are in other countries, the 2014 Douyu KoF 97 grand finals earned over a whopping 500,000 views. To compare, Evo’s biggest viewership in history was Dragon Ball Fighter Z which earned roughly 260,000 views.
  • Sakurai himself played a ton of King of Fighters 95 back in the day, and was so good he’d often win about 50 matches in a row against other people (source).
  • SNK is no stranger to crossover appearances as two other Fatal Fury characters (Geese Howard and Mai Shiranui) appeared in Tekken 7 and Dead or Alive 5 respectively. SNK has also crossed over with Capcom a few times vs Capcom vs SNK, where Terry and other SNK characters fought against many Capcom fighters including Ryu. Terry himself will also be appearing as a guest character in EX Fighting Layer.
  • SNK has been making a comeback and going back to their roots as opposed to mainly focusing on their pachinko machines, as shown with KoF XIV and the new Samurai Shodown game. Their comeback is admittedly fairly slow at the moment, so adding one of their main fighters to a big game like Smash would definitely help to promote their brand more.
  • Fatal Fury 1 and 2 were on the SNES and many of SNK's games have been ported on various Nintendo systems. The SNK 40th anniversary collection will also be Switch exclusive.
  • Sakurai said that he had trouble trying to translate Heihachi's more unconventional moves into Smash. Since Terry's moves use standard FG inputs like Street Fighter (quarter-circles and such), he would be fairly easy to implement into Smash (for the record I still think Heihachi's chances are much higher than Terry's).
  • After Tekken, Fatal Fury/KoF would probably be one of the next runner-ups in terms of 3rd party FG representation (one advantage it has over MK is it is nowhere near as violent).
Considering the limited slots and tons of other characters considered however, I don’t think Terry would realistically make it. I think he is destined to appear in Smash one day but I don't think that time is now.

Along with Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami from KoF, Terry is one of my pipe-dream requests for Smash. He is always one of the three characters I use in each KoF game. Everything from his playstyle to his design is amazing and I would love to see him in Smash.

Nominations: Kyo Kusanagi x5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't see it happening at all. There are bigger fighting games and space is limited. Maybe a Mix Costume as DLC or a trophy but that's being generous.

Double 0

Nominate No more stages x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Concept: Hanafuda Character x292
Rowlet x290
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x270
Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC x256
Ray (Custom Robo) x237
Amaterasu x230
Linkle x227

Over 200

Thwomp x226
No More Stages x221

200 - 151

Balloon Fighter x192
DeMille x188
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x185
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x185
Louie x185
Rick/Coo/Kine x184
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x182
Papyrus x180
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x151

150 - 101

Item: Beast Ball x150
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x145
Dovahkiin x140
Reimu Hakurei x140
Barbara the Bat x132
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
2B x126
Guzma (Pokémon) x120
Klonoa x117
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x115
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Zeraora (Pokemon) x113
Gooey x110
Edelgard x110
Raiden (Metal Gear) x110
Susie Haltmann x104
Daroach x102
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Silvally x79
Chorus Kids x77
Yu Narakumi x76
Frank West x75
Black Knight as a boss character x75
Veronica x73
9-Volt x67
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Slime x58
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x56
Leo (Fire Emblem) x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x51

50 - 25

Rhythm Girl x50
Xurkitree (Pokémon) x48
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Kyo Kusanagi x45
Sans as a boss character x45
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x40
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x40
Earthworm Jim x39
Adeleine x39
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x39
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Concept: Cross series Echoes x30
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Master Chief x25
The Prince (Katamari) x25

Under 25

Box Theory x24
Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Concept: DLC character pass x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Kat & Ana x15
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x15
Big Boss x15
Stage: Melemele Island x15
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
[Rerate] Steve? x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Concept: Stage Builder x8
Joker (Persona) x7
[Rerate] Excitebiker x6
Zeke (Xenoblade 2) x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Concept: SR388 Stage x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octoling x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Pam (Stardew Valley) x5
Captain Syrup x5
Concept: Return of Palutena’s Guidance/Codec Calls x5
Concept: Free DLC characters x5
Jin (Xenoblade) x5
Concept: Assist Trophy DLC x5
[Rerate] Black Shadow x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Stage: Mute City Melee x5
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x5
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x5
[Rerate] Sora x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Black Mage x4
Blog Theory x3
Quote x3
Concept: WarioWare newcomer x2
Concept: F-Zero newcomer x2
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Birdo x1
Stanley the Bugman x1

Hanafuda character takes the crown back from Rowlet. Amaterasu enters the top seven, takes sixth place from Linkle and sends Thwomp crashing down.

Octopath Traveler character finally crosses 150 noms.

Leo trots past 50 nominations.

The Prince from Katamari reaches 25 nominations.

Today’s newcomers are a rerate of Sora (5 nominations) and Stanley the Bugman (1 nomination). Give ‘em a warm welcome folks!

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

Now that I've got that out of the way, let's get to the character himself.
Chance: 5%-First, let's list the arguments:
Pros:
* He's probably the most well-known of all SNK characters.
* Definitely no stranger to crossovers.
* Garou and KOF games have both been in Nintendo consoles. Heck, MOTW was released on the Switch not too long ago.

And now the cons:
* SNK's revival happened way too late for it to have anything on the base roster. Maybe they can get a DLC if they could squeeze their characters into games like Tekken 7 and Fighting EX Layer. And yeah, I'm all for believing that they're going to get that, after all, guys at NISA mentioned that Nintendo wanted to make a deal with SNK, so why not use that opportunity to get one of their characters in?
* If patterns are to be believed, chances are that another character from the company will join. Not that there's too much competition, I feel like the second choice would be Kyo or Athena
* In spite of the company's popularity around LATAM and China, I've barely seen support for the character around (at least, around my homeland).
* And the one I think matters the most: his gameplay. Why? Well, because one: the Fatal Fury/Garou series isn't too different from Street Fighter, considering that both are 2D fighters with special moves and things like that, the main gimmick in FF was to change to a different plane in a stage, how do you pull that off in Smash? I mean it could work if it were used like in Real Bout 2, where it only worked as mean to escape or evade an attack, while you could still get thrown back with an special attack, but then the issue would be in programming moves in all the roster to do that; the only other gimmick in the series is the Just-Defend parry, which is basically just a perfect shield with healing properties. The other flaw in gameplay goes to the fact that Terry is a shoto-clone. For anyone unfamiliar with the subject, a shoto-clone is basically a character with the same special moves scheme as Ryu (AKA, a character with a fireball, an uppercut and kick/spinning move (depending on the character)). I know that Sakurai never said that fighting-game characters can't join in, but the quote still implied that he wants newcomers to feel unique, and I feel like being a shoto-clone may be an issue there.

The veredict?
Yeah, he's definitely gonna have a hard time joining Smash.

Want-90%
Yeah, despite all the negative arguments, I want to see him in the game. I love Terry's character a lot (that design, voice, phrases, moves, just too cool) and the same goes to some of the games he's been in (MOTW, Real Bout, KOF 98 and CvS2) and I'd love to see him clash against Ryu and Ken once again, not to mention all the weird crossover fights I can come up with. "Dream Match Never Ends".

Nominations: DLC character pass x5

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Terry Bogard

Chance: 8% (base game)
Terry Bogard is one of the most well known of SNK's representatives, along with Geese and Mai, Kyo and Iori, Haohmaru and Nakoruru, Marco and Fio, Athena, etc. He's possibly the most well known, as well as being popular and a stand-out, which is why he might get chosen over the rest. And SNK's games in general are very well known in parts of the world including east Asia. So from an appeal standpoint he certainly has a chance. However, I'm not sure what kind of Ballot push any he had and SNK's revival came at a weird time and we already got a new third-party fighter, yadda yadda. I think an SNK fighter will show up someday, and Terry certainly has a moveset that could work in Smash, what with stuff like Burn Knuckle and Crack Shoot being good movement attacks, and Power Wave being a ground-hugging projectile like what Ice Climbers have.

Want: 97%
Are you okay? Buster Wolf!
Most of SNK's all stars would make me excited, but Terry is always brings a goofy joy to me.

post-script: in related fighting game news, a new Rival Schools game has been announced. What a coincidental day to have this rating on.

Last edited:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Terry Bogard

When it comes to getting a character from SNK in Smash, Terry is probably the most well-known character due to the fact that Fatal Fury was the very first fighting game created by SNK. He's definitely no stranger to crossovers as he has made appearances in games like the Capcom vs. SNK series and even Fighting Layer EX, where he was a guest character in that game. His games were released in the Nintendo consoles, with Fatal Fury 1 and 2 being released in the SNES. However, with the limited roster space, I don't think we might get Terry or any SNK characters in the base roster.

I would really love to have another fighting game character, aside from either Jin/Heihachi from Tekken, to appear in Smash. He may not be my most wanted character, but it would definitely make my dream come true to see three fighting game franchises being represented in Smash.

Nominations:
Kyo Kusanagi x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Terry Bogard

Not worth negotiating with SNK for him, not famous enough, Sakurai didn't really want to include fighting game characters in the first place but at least Ryu (and by extension, Ken) made sense as the most iconic fighting game character. A lot of the point of Smash is to have non-fighting game characters crossover and fight each in a way they don't otherwise. Adding more than a couple fighting game characters doesn't work with that. Don't see much fan demand and don't see much point. There are plenty of better options.

Double 0%

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining from Terry Bogard.

------

Nominations

Susie (Kirby): x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Terrence

Chance: 3%
Sari Sari probably summed his history up pretty well, so I’ll be brief. Despite everything he has going for him, Terry is strangely not an iconic character. Weird, huh? I feel he’s almost there, and the hat would probably get recognized by someone, but as a whole, despite SNK’s importance to the fighting game genre, you’d struggle to find a non-fighting game fan that knows him.

Fighting game characters seem to be an issue for Sakurai to make up movesets. The reason eludes me, you’d think a character with a pre-Made moveset would translate great. Then again, Smash is very different from other fighting games.

I just don’t see the demand for Terry, nor for SNK representation in general. I feel like it’s one of those Japanese companies that left its footprint in the industry and should be included (like Level-5, and Tecmo Koei), but I can see it being low priority.

Want: 40%
My familiarity with Terry extends to King of Fighters. I think I probably played a Fatal Fury title too (maybe? I always get the titles mixed up with Final Fight, even though they’re completely different genres). I prefer Kyo, but Terry’s cool too, and I’m always for getting iconic third parties. So, while the low score is because I don’t consider him iconic, he’s the best iconic, and therefore my favored, SNK rep.

Nominations: Saki Amamiya X5

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Terry Bogard

Terry Bogard is not really as big as Street Fighter's Ryu and SNK has been in and out of the "big leagues" of gaming. In spite of SNK's contribution to fighting games, no one seems to be asking for a character from this company. Plus, he's not the only character that can be considered from the company. Also, when people think of SNK, they don't think of Fatal Fury/Garou, but King of Fighters to the point where characters get labeled as KoF fighters despite some of their origins not being from KoF.

Terry Bogard is one of the big shots of SNK. His fighting style differs from Street Fighter's Ryu and the potential inclusion of a Mishima family member of Tekken, since Terry has ground skating chi/ki energy moves and enfused said energy in his attacks along side of gravity defying tackles. He seems to have an outgoing personality who doesn't wish ill will on people and said personality is a nice contrast to Ryu's stoic nature. He's one of the big characters that SNK uses in crossovers (King of Fighters, Capcom vs SNK, guest character in the latest EX Fighting Layer game) and also one of the most popular characters of the company. Out of all characters SNK could give to Super Smash Bros. for use, I'd choose Terry Bogard.

Nominations: Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy V) x5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Abstaining on Terry.

Nominations
Black Knight as a boss character x5

Top Bottom