• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think that if Midna does enter it will be with Wolf Link. Most of her fighting techniques in imp form are only demonstrated on a wolf. And besides, Midna and Wolf Link are more unique, more diverse, and more exciting them Midna alone. Otherwise, she seems like a condensed version of Mewtwo.

88%

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I highly doubt Midna will be a PC in any way shape or form 1%

I nominate Pico X5
I disagree Numa Dude, Midna and Wolf Link are one of the main peices of Nintendo's biggest Wii title. I think this is highly possible, so I'll give it a 85% chance. About time we get to vote on this, considering it is highly probable, and most of tLOZ characters that appear in SSBB will be from Twilight Princess.

Though It would be nice... I see Midna alone in Brawl... 5%

Nominates Gengar x5 (WTF?)
Lol, Midna alone appeared in tLOZ TP for like 2 minutes, lol=unimportant. I don't get why Midna alone is so popular, she doesn't even attack or do anything in her Twili form.

I vote Dark Samus 5x.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Just because Link is in twilight princess form doesn't mean all the characters will be. Link Zelda and Ganondorf will probably be in that form but Y.Link will most likely be cell shaded and they will probably add either Vaati (cell shaded Link's rival) in cell shaded style or Skull Kid (Important reccuring character) in his Majoras mask style. Also Midna has very low chance to appear in another Zelda game so I really don't see why she has such a high chance.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Midna alone doesn't necessarily mean her twilight form. It normally means imp Midna sans the wolf.

Regardless, I really don't see this happening. Everytime I try to imagine them fighting it looks awkward and often ridiculous. Midna has enough to go on to be unique enough without trying to add the canine in too. I can't see, in any way, a quadruped character working in smash, and I think most people would rather play as Midna, not Wolf Link with a few Midna moves thrown in.

1%

Nominate: Vaati (x5)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just because Link is in twilight princess form doesn't mean all the characters will be. Link Zelda and Ganondorf will probably be in that form but Y.Link will most likely be cell shaded and they will probably add either Vaati (cell shaded Link's rival) in cell shaded style or Skull Kid (Important reccuring character) in his Majoras mask style. Also Midna has very low chance to appear in another Zelda game so I really don't see why she has such a high chance.
I don't see Vatti in Brawl, and Skull Kid has little chance watsoever. I do however see cel-shaded Link in the game, but all the other characters from tLOZ will be from Twilight Princess. Even if Midna w/t Wolf Link has little chance and probably won't return, I don't think Vatti or Skull Kid return either, even if Vatti is the 2nd most important LOZ villian.

Lol, I hope the people giving Midna w.t Wolf Link 1% chance weren't stupid and gave Dr Wright, Gex, and the HMS over 50%, lol.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
No Wolf Link is just incarnation of Link that is in the same Game. That's like putting every single Link from Majoar's Mask in Brawl. It's reduant and really lame. Besides after you the Master Sword from TP you are just usually Link most of the time riding a horse. Wolf Link is needed but you don't really really use him all the time. Imp Minda is cool, fresh and awesome.

Also Vatti appeared in three games, so he is important since he is Gannon's puppet. That was said in Four Swords towards..the end of the game?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I don't see Vatti in Brawl, and Skull Kid has little chance watsoever. I do however see cel-shaded Link in the game, but all the other characters from tLOZ will be from Twilight Princess. Even if Midna w/t Wolf Link has little chance and probably won't return, I don't think Vatti or Skull Kid return either, even if Vatti is the 2nd most important LOZ villian.

Lol, I hope the people giving Midna w.t Wolf Link 1% chance weren't stupid and gave Dr Wright, Gex, and the HMS over 50%, lol.
Smash is a game about franchises so they are going to choose characters based on how important they are to the franchise as a whole. Vaati is the villain of three games and is practically cell shaded Link's rival while Skull Kid is one of Link's best friends has been a minor character in two games and was a major character in one. Midna is important in one game and most likely won't come back so I don't see why people say she has such a good chance.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont want a character in 2 forms of himself (WW link doesnt count, hes a diferent link) I only want midna, no wolf link

25%

Dark samus x5

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No Wolf Link is just incarnation of Link that is in the same Game. That's like putting every single Link from Majoar's Mask in Brawl. It's reduant and really lame. Besides after you the Master Sword from TP you are just usually Link most of the time riding a horse. Wolf Link is needed but you don't really really use him all the time. Imp Minda is cool, fresh and awesome.

Also Vatti appeared in three games, so he is important since he is Gannon's puppet. That was said in Four Swords towards..the end of the game?
Ya I know Vatti was the main villian in FS, MC, and FSA (even if Ganon was the last boss). Despite this, I'm not sure if he'll return or not to tLOZ series. If Wolf Link w.t Midna doesn't make the cut, I can see just Midna (not the Twili form, the imp form) making a SSBB appearance.

Smash is a game about franchises so they are going to choose characters based on how important they are to the franchise as a whole. Vaati is the villain of three games and is practically cell shaded Link's rival while Skull Kid is one of Link's best friends has been a minor character in two games and was a major character in one. Midna is important in one game and most likely won't come back so I don't see why people say she has such a good chance.
I still don't see Skull kid have very much of a chance. He played a villian in one LOZ game, and Aghamin and Zant have a chance just a bit below his. Vatti has some chance I suppose, but I don't expect to see him in SSBB. Vatti probably is the 3rd most wanted LOZ character, but I don't see him in SSBB unless he is going to make more LOZ appearances.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Vaati is still alive I believe so he has a very high chance of appearing in another Zelda and smash. Skull Kid is important to the franchise because he is one of Link's best friends and because he is reccuring. I seriously think all the people who say Midna has a high chance are just fanboys. I mean seriously why does Midna get to be rated twice (soon to be three times)?

EDIT: 1000 POSTS HELL YES!

parrothead

Smash Lord
Hey let's even have Mario on Yoshi, Link on Epona, etc., etc..

10%

They are pretty interesting, but not for SSBB.

Nominate DeMille x5

Tera253

Smash Ace
generously estimating... please wait...

... ... ... ...

... ... ... ...

... ... ... ...

results acquired.

... ... ... ...

... ... ... ...

... ... ... ...

total: 3.1415926%

~Tera253~

EDIT: nominating...
(ah, screw that)
Lyn x5.

SkiMaskSkeet

Smash Cadet
Unless Midna pulls out some Ness like psi powers I can't see this one working too well together... I don't doubt it's popularity and so I shall giveth it a...

40%

nominate: Phoenix Wright X 5

Devastlian

Smash Lord
...I'm too hungry to think of an explanation. :/ Twenty-five percent, for uniqueness and popularity, low because of seniority, sentimental reasons, and other trifling things.

Three for Lucas and two for DeMille.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
HEY! Capt. Syrup did better then Blaziken! That's good enough for me!

Wolf Link and Midna? ...I really don't see that happening... It's not that it's not possible, I'd just prefer Midna coming alone. And I can think of other better team ideas...

Anyway, I give thim 30%.

Nominations:
Black Mage x3
Mr. Stevenson x2

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Vaati is still alive I believe so he has a very high chance of appearing in another Zelda and smash. Skull Kid is important to the franchise because he is one of Link's best friends and because he is reccuring. I seriously think all the people who say Midna has a high chance are just fanboys. I mean seriously why does Midna get to be rated twice (soon to be three times)?

EDIT: 1000 POSTS HELL YES!
Intesting I thought the results would have Wolf Link w/t Midna would be higher. I'm not so sure about Vatti being alive after his defeat in FSA. But i guess Vatti has some chance at least. Skull Kid I doubt, I still think he has little chance at all. I looked at Wolf Link w/t Midna as the Shiek of TP, but it is most likely I was wrong. I never would have guessed the results so far, lol! :laugh: :)

Also congratz on the 1,000th post!

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm not sure Midna has a good shot, so the wolf with her might,too. 55%

Pac-man 5X(if only becuae I'd rather see him judged before Gengar)

Also, apprently I was wrong. Captain Syrup managed to beat Blaziken, along with the other three I mentioned.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Meh... I don't feel like getting too in depth with this one, so I'll just cut to the chase... Midna w/ Wolf Link would be a good combo character with a completely different implementation from the ICs - However, I still don't see it being very likely... Still, I'll give them the benefit of a doubt... 20%.

I nominate Ray 5x. (C'mon... Let's get some worthy candidates to vote on already....)

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Why the hell Twili Minda or real form Minda? She only shows up for like 2 min and you want to put her in? Seriously you might as well add Pig Gannon too because he also shows in 2 min. Seriously it's either Imp Minda or no Minda at all. Not real form Minda because she's sooo **** cool.

As for Shiek, Shiek showed more than enough times to earn her a spot. As you remember you only saw Shiek in OoT after the time warp. Not knowing it was Zelda. That's different, because...Twili Minda was like 2 min spoof and suddenly ZOMG pwnage.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why the hell Twili Minda or real form Minda? She only shows up for like 2 min and you want to put her in? Seriously you might as well add Pig Gannon too because he also shows in 2 min. Seriously it's either Imp Minda or no Minda at all. Not real form Minda because she's sooo **** cool.

As for Shiek, Shiek showed more than enough times to earn her a spot. As you remember you only saw Shiek in OoT after the time warp. Not knowing it was Zelda. That's different, because...Twili Minda was like 2 min spoof and suddenly ZOMG pwnage.
I say either Wolf Link w/t Midna (I still don't get how that would work), Midna (imp form), or no Midna at all. Midna is simply the Shiek/Navi (minus saying "hey" so annoying= :laugh: :mad: ) of Twilight Princess.

Croco

Smash Lord
As a trophy? yes.. 90% chance of that happening..
As a character? NO. They get a .2% chance. Midna alone would work better.. and the character is overrated.

Alice x5

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Not sure if this late or not, but I'll give 80% to Midna and the Wolf.

Nominate Pac-Man x5.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I thought this was a likelyhood thread, not a "10 if you hate him, 90 if you like him, 50 if you don't care or don't know enough to make a decision" thread.

Midna + Wolflink, I would give 85% - I think it's pretty likely that the combo will make Brawl. Not that it's at all relevant, but Midna solo probably has somewhere around a 50-60% chance. I'm giving it less than the combination since I think they'd like wolf link in the game and the combo would be more unique and strange.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, this would prettz much be the ultimate in uniqueness. Quadruped, wolf attacks AND psycho stuff provided by Midna. Sooooooo many possibilities.
But it still strikes me as unlikely. For one, it's almost too awesome. Hard to implement and stuff. On the other hand, Midna is a good character in her own right with good chances and Wolf Link would be another Link in some form... two suffice.
38%, 5x Gardevoir

Top Bottom