• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The original FE Lord...has (what I believe to be) his own stage in SSBB...Immensely strong and thus popular. Yeah, he's there. Ninety-five percent.

Five nominations for Donkey Kong.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'm not going to win any awards for this, but Marth has a 15% chance of returning in my view.

Given Fire Emblem's new global fanbase, the few FE characters who make it into Brawl should be from games that have actaully been released globally, not just in Japan. The way I see it, Ike will most likely replace Marth as the new Fire Emblem representaive. Too me, these two characters are simply too similar for them both to be included in the same game.

I recently posted my argument in greater detail on page 8 of the Fire Emblem lineup discussion forum. Feel free to post a responce:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=97281&page=8

I nominate Donkey Kong X 5

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Marth: 90%

He could be replaced, but he's the lord of two games, and the lord of the original game. Since he's the closest thing the series has to a staple character, I'm pretty sure he'll stay. Roy, on the other hand, will probably get the axe... From hector, hopefully.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I could see him getting replaced, by Ike, but I doubt that will happen, so 85%.

Nominate IC's x5.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Marthy-marth.... hmm. I'll give him 75%. On the one hand, he is the series first and foremost character, and it was his inclusion in Melee that led to Fire Emblem being successful globally. On the other hand, the sheer volume of other important FE characters all fighting for the same spot does put a damper on his chances of returning.

Nominate Ness (x5)

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
70 %

Ike has a chance of stealing his spot but Nintendo should hopefully still honour the original character of the series.

Jigglypuff x 5

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I'd say around 80%. If it weren't for Ike it'd be 100%, but with so many contenders for FE spots, Marth's spot isn't as likely as it used to be, but I'd still imagine we'd see him again, as he was both the first FE character in Smash and also the first FE Lord.

Mr. Game & Watch x 5

Kirye

Smash Ace
This is as stupid a question as "Is Yoshi returning?" Yes, yes he is.

Not only is Marth the key character of Fire Emblem, he's the mascot of the series in a sense, even with different lords appearing. Anything else? His castle has already been shown in the Brawl trailer. (Those of you saying it's from Path of Radiance, need I remind you that the Daein castle in PoR was surrounded by SNOW, this one isn't.)

Also, without Marth, Fire Emblem would have still been a shadow game in the US, known only in Japan. Yes, Roy was in there too, but he was just advertising for another japanese game, Marth however was in as the main lord of Fire Emblem. Also, if Sigurd was gonna get in, he would've gotten in melee, as his FE game was before Melee's release, and as the melee poll shows, Marth was much more wanted and popular.

Repeated again, he's not going anywhere.

99%

Nominate Peach x 5

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
If Sora has a brain between them (which I'm pretty sure they do,) Marth will return. You don't make it to the top of the Melee Japanese poll in order to be included in one game. Now that he's popular in other regions as well (the Americas, Europe, AU, etc.) his chances are high.

Still. Ike and Sigurd don't make it definate.

80%

Nominates the Captain (C. Falcon.) 5X

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
People have been saying a lot of bullcrap about DK not returing because of the whole "Rare with Microsoft" thing, but I think that's a load of bull.

97%

Nominations:
Ice Climber x3
Mr. Game & Watch x2

Tera253

Smash Ace
99.31415926%
like Yoshi is practially given, DK completees the original 8. no way he's out.
~Tera253~
nominate: Roy (x5)

D

Deleted member

Donkey Kong... 99.9%. One of the origionals. 'Probably the next confirmed character.
There's no way he won't be in.

Jigglypuff( x5)

Fawriel

Smash Master
99%. DK and Mario go way back. The new design might belong to Rare now, but who cares?

And thanks for answering the question, Lupe. Although I still find it stupid. A redesign is not a completely new character.. if old Link's moves get changed a little, he might as well be called a different character as well, given that he's from a different game and all.......... anyway!

5x Luigi.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
99%

Realy, Ferro, is saying the chances to return of characters like DK, Yoshi, and Ness even neccesary?

Either way, Mr. G&W x 5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Seriously, guys, there are people out there who think that DK won't get int because he's partically owned by Rare! And we all know what happened to Rare!

What do you think of this?

GenG

Smash Lord
DK is one of the Nintendo's main icons, with Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Samus and Fox. 99% chances.

Framerate

Smash Lord
DK is not owned by rare. DK is owned by Nintendo. Nintendo gave Rare permission to make DK games, cause at the time they had the best grphics stuff going on. He's still owned by Nintendo.

99%

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
99.99999%

Donkey Kong WILL make it to Brawl. No doubt. He's NOT owned by Rare, and neither are all other Donkey Kong related characters except from a few like TipTup, Conker and Banjo which most of you even don't know. DK will be in Brawl, and hopefully have a bigger shield, a LITTLE bit more speed and less lag.

I nominate Sheik x5 cause I'm looking forward rating her... :demon: *DUM DUM DUUUUUUUUUUUUM*

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
No way Sakurai is going to repeat his mistake for a third time. DK's out, simple as that... 0.001%[/BS]

Honestly... DK is one of the characters that are absolutely not going anywhere. I mean in DK's case, to not include him would be basically spitting upon an entire era of Nintendo's history as well as Miyamoto's career. It simply can't happen and it won't happen... A 99.999% for the big ape returning.

I nominate C. Falcon 5x.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Two words. Donkey. Kong. Nothing else really needs to be said, you know? 99% chance of returning.

Nominate Ness (x5)

Top Bottom