• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Got Ganon?

I give Ganny-san a 90%. Why?

~The "Villain Reasoning": He's the Bowser to Link's Mario. The Giygas to Link's Ness. The Black Shadow/Deathborn/Samurai Goroh/Zoda/Don Genie/Blood Falcon/Michael Chain to Link's Captain Falcon (dear God, he has too many enemies.). You get the idea. Villains are frequently ideal characters when people consider who they want to add to Brawl as newcomers.
Just look at me, I'm the biggest Samurai Goroh fangirl in the world!:laugh:

~Popularity: Everyone who knows LoZ knows Ganondorf.

~Performance in Melee: While he wasn't Top or even High tier, Ganon was still one of the better characters in the game. Slow, but packing massive power and deathly-strong aerials.

~Importance: One of the Triforce holders. The villain of almost every LoZ game to date. Heck, sometimes-depending on the game- he has more screentime than Princess Zelda herself!

~Moveset: True, he was a clone in Melee. But that was only because of a time constraint; he was intended to have a unique moveset including a sword. With multiple sword techniques given to him throughout the course of Zelda (go watch a Windwaker video and see what you think of his swordsmanship) and an awe-inspiring bestial transformation, I fail to see why he couldn't be Luigified or 100% revamped.

The downside?

~There are other SSB/Melee characters that deserve to return more, and depending on how many newcomers or total characters they want in Brawl, Ganon's chances could start getting thinner and thinner.

~I honestly can't think of anything else, to be honest, except for the fact that he was a clone and Sakurai said he wished to eliminate that. Pssh, who am I kidding? He'll be Luigified/revamped. I just docked him a bit because we can't give 100% in this vote.

I state again, I give Ganondorf a premium 90%

Nominations:

Marth [x3]
Captain Falcon [x2]

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
Ganondork 95% with complete new moveset and maybe incorporate that sword that was with him at the end of the match.

nominate marth x5

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I give the Dark Lord a 98% chance of reappearing(hopefully with a new moveset.) I nominate Yoshi .

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
85 %

He is one of the two most recognizable villians in Nintendo (the other in my opinion being Bowser). Plently can be done with him besides a tankish Captain Falcon. He'll be back or else nintendo loss some sanity at one point.

Jigglypuff x 3, Ness x 2

Kirye

Smash Ace
I'm gonna go on a limb here and guess that pretty much every character in the melee roster excluding Game and Watch, Pichu and Roy will get above 80% or so. XD (There's also the kill-joys that think Marth is gonna get the boot, but they're ********, we'll just ignore them.)

So having said that. I give Ganondorf a 95% chance of returning. Why? It's Ganondorf! Without him, there really isn't a Zelda series. It's all about him, Link and Zelda ala Mario, Peach and Bowser! Sure he came off as a clone in Melee, but I think that'll change. Maybe even Ganondorf with his TP sword. =O

And, I nominate Marth x 5.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I'd say Ganondorf has a 93% chance of returning.

Hmm, Mewtwo, IC's, Jiggly or Ness... nominate Ice Climber's x5.

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
*looks at title*

Wtf? Ganondorf removed? No way! I believe he has a %100 chance of returning./

D

Deleted member

99%. Ganon's definitely going to be in. He's in Twilight Princess, and every other Zelda game, so there's no reason not to.

angelsandairwaveslee

Smash Cadet
for gannon 10 / 10 every person that was in like the origional super smash bros for n64 was in ssbm so i think everyone from ssbm SHOULD BE IN ssbb

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I say a good 95% chance he is coming with an orginal moveset this time I'm sure of it.

I nominate: Luigi (x5)

Tera253

Smash Ace
Marth...
as a representative of the original FE series, it's almost a given, assuming any return at all.
However, beign Japan-only cuts him down to a 90%.
~Tera253~

EDIT: nominate Roy (x5)

Wrath`

Smash Master
marth i would say has a good chance,83%.
altho there are plenty of othert FE characters,he is still one of the best known

roy(5)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wow, this is the first time I've seen TwoK give a GOOD rating. o.o; Actually, in my opinion he gave the fairest rating from all of you guys. The worlds gone Mentos. O_O; But enough bout that. Now on topic:

Marth, a retro character and the first lord from the Fire Emblem series. The 3rd FE game is still one of the most populair by the Japanese players and it had Marth as the main character, and he was a very populair character in Melee.

HOWEVER! A recent international Fire Emblem game; FE: Path of Ridiance also did very well in Japan, and in the outside world and it will soon have a sequel; FE10: Godess of Dawn. Also, Ike the main hero from both games is also very populair. A little problem here; he also has blue hair like Marth and also uses a sword as a main weapon. True, Ike has his own fighting style but they also could go away with a Luigified Marth clone character.

Therefore I give Marth a rather slim 85% change of returning. His returnal still is very likely, and one of Brawl's stages resambles Marth's homeland Atteka a lot. But even though, they MIGHT leave him out, it's only not just as likely.

EDIT: Dayum forgot the nominations! >_< Nice post btw Chief Mendez, this will take Marth's avarage rating down a little.

Nominations: Donkey Kong x5

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Bwahahahahahah! Down with Marth, says I. As has already been stated, he's a Japan-only, and no one else who doesn't know Japanese will be playing his games outside of those really, really bad fansubbed ROMs you can find on certain torrent sites.

As Diddy Kong said, PoR (and the recently released Goddess of Dawn) are not only popular on both sides of the pond, but have sold very well for Fire Emblem titles.

Also of note is that the Marth fans outside of Japan (for the most part; there are those FE-philes that go out of their way to learn about every character in the series) are fans of him because of his appearance in Melee, not because he's a cool Fire Emblem lord.

All that said, there are some convincing arguments on all the "should Marth return" threads for his retainment, so I won't give him the score of 0.1 that I want him to have.

Marth: 48.5%

Nominate Luigi x5.

GenG

Smash Lord
I think Marth is an already established character everywhere. Every Smash player knows him, played as him, and most of them loved him. Sakurai said that the old Fire Emblem characters may stay due to the good receivement by the Smash players. Akaneia is a confirmed stage in Brawl. So, by all of these reasons, I give him a 99%.

I nominate Sheik x3 and Roy x2.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Come on.

Important question.
When voting for Young Link, do we vote specifically for the one Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask Young Link in SSBM, or just the general concept of Young Link, which will probably take form in the Wind Waker Link... or what?
=/

Anyway, this one's.. more interesting. Considering that someone will burn down the Nintendo headquarters if their beloved Marth is absent, chances are high. On the other hand, who needs Marth as long as there's another guy with a sword his own size. I expect to see the Path of Radiance guy, although there will most likely still be another FE lord... who may very well be good ol' Marth. In fact, I predict that he'll get an all flashy presentation at the end of the next trailer to cater to the competitive scene ( like Fox ).
Another 85%.
And 5 nominations for Luigi.
And PLEASE answer my question?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes I think it'll be the Young Link from Melee; aka the OoT and Mayora's Mask one since we've already gave a rating about the Cel Shaded version of the character. Atleast, that's what I think. For better details you better ask Lupe...

Fawriel

Smash Master
That would be nonsensical though, since it's pretty much impossible for THAT Young Link to return, yet it's highly likely that he will in the form of the Cell-Shaded Link, who, being both young and Link, is pretty much the same.. or should be anyway.

I think there should be two different candidates representing Young Link... the current one and the remade one.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Bad stuff out of the way first. FE is a huge series, and now has games outside of Japan, while Marth's has stayed in Japan. There is a chance he could be replaced by Ike, who at this poit seems assured a spot.

However, Marth is the first FE lord, and was the most requested FE character for melee, and chances are he was one of the most requested returners too. He also made a huge impression on the rest of the world in melee and I'm sure that there are many people who'd love to see him return. Pl;us, there is plenty of room for both him and Ike, and would make the most sense to have an FE charcter from both ends of the series.

91%

Nominate: Mewtwo (x5)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Wow, this is the first time I've seen TwoK give a GOOD rating. o.o; Actually, in my opinion he gave the fairest rating from all of you guys. The worlds gone Mentos. O_O; But enough bout that. Now on topic:

Marth, a retro character and the first lord from the Fire Emblem series. The 3rd FE game is still one of the most populair by the Japanese players and it had Marth as the main character, and he was a very populair character in Melee.

HOWEVER! A recent international Fire Emblem game; FE: Path of Ridiance also did very well in Japan, and in the outside world and it will soon have a sequel; FE10: Godess of Dawn. Also, Ike the main hero from both games is also very populair. A little problem here; he also has blue hair like Marth and also uses a sword as a main weapon. True, Ike has his own fighting style but they also could go away with a Luigified Marth clone character.

Therefore I give Marth a rather slim 85% change of returning. His returnal still is very likely, and one of Brawl's stages resambles Marth's homeland Atteka a lot. But even though, they MIGHT leave him out, it's only not just as likely.

EDIT: Dayum forgot the nominations! >_< Nice post btw Chief Mendez, this will take Marth's avarage rating down a little.

Nominations: Donkey Kong x5

When was i biased? i gave the most truth trouoght

Top Bottom