• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
hes not really all that big http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mfyY...yCity/pluspower/anime/synopsis/episode023.jpg

that picture was probably from an episode of when he made hiself look bigger, because the ghosts can do that and you know it, hes only a little bigger then haunter
although haunter would have a much much much MUCH higher chance then gengar, and personally i like him better too,

and i also nominate: Haunter

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hmm wat to give Gengar....RVD fan, you should post your reasons, because you have some good ones. Well, he is currently in the top 5 of Pokemon thread. He's up there with Blazekein and Deoxys from wat I'm remember, but I'm not 100% sure so don't use this as evidence, lol! :laugh: Hmm this is hard to think of....

I'll give him a 16% chance to appearing as a playable character in SSBB, and his chances for being a NPC Pokemon Pokeball character are definitely 1 1/2 to 3 times as high as that. I think the 1st gen has enough rep in Jiggs, Pickachu, and Mewtwo. But regardless if Gengar makes it or not, he's still awsome! :) ;) :psycho:

Dark Samus 5x! :) :) :)

He obviously got it from the GameFAQs Super Smash Bros. Message Board... but GameFAQs is admittedly a real mess to navigate through, so here's the link: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=928518

And here's the thread you seek (for today, at least - I think that there is a brand new thread up for each voting day): http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=35116127
Very helpful, and very intresting. I think it is very unaccurate though, and it doesn't look anywhere near right IMO after the top 10. King Boo right above Paper Mario=wtf? Seriously, Tingle is 46th on that list at 30.2%, lmao! No offense to people who like Tingle, but I don't think he has much chance at all, other than as a NPC. Anyways, again I very much appreciate you posting this list Lord Deathborne=:)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Only one?

That's hard...

I guess... I'd go with... Luigi! He isn't confirmed, yet, isn't he? But he's pretty much guarneteed. Other then that, I'd go with either Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch.

I'm glad it's finally updated! Let's see...

Pac-Man: 55%

Yeah, Pac-Man would rock! Plus, he's been in a Mario game (a Mario Kart arcade game), so I'd sa he's got a good shot.

Dark Samus: 25%

I guess she's popular, but Ridlet would DEFINITELY get in before her.

Nominations:
Black Mage x3
Mr. Stevenson x2

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
One character from Melee to return: Donkey Kong (kind of a long shot I know, but I have this hunch...)

Pacman: I'm going to say 50%. As an gaming icon he is up there with Mario, but is he worth the big bucks Nintendo would have to pay Namco? I'm not so sure.

Dark Samus: 75%. DS could easily be incorporated into Brawl as a floatier, slower and more powerful Samus clone.

Nominations:

Commander Kahn (from Elite Beat Agents) X 5

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
To return,I don't know. Luigi,Peach,BowserDK,Yoshi,CF,and the rest are pretty much locks. I'll give it to Mr.Game and Watch,because have been questioning whether he'll reapper,and I'd really like him to.

Anyway,Pac-man has a decent shot(for a third party char,anyway.):50%. Nintendo and Namco have pretty good good relations,but I can only see Snake,Simon Belmont,and possibly Sonic for fill those slots.

Dark Samus:55% She's popular, but I think Ridley might take the Metroid position. And yes,she could have a different moveset, but I'd like to see a metroid PC that doesn't the name "Samus" in it.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Gannondorf! Likely to come back very likely.

Pacman I give him like .5% he is a great old school character but he really hasn't done much very much. I mean he is cool..but the days of Pacman fever are over.

Dark Samus 35% Ridley has first dibs, limited space...yea.

Zero(x5)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
To return, I'm going for Gannondorf (with a new moveset of course).

Pac-Man first. I honestly don't like this guy as a potential character, but Namco is a likely 3rd party choice, and Pac-Man is there most recognizable character, which is unfortunate because Namco has so many characters that would be much better additions (the only character I see contesting Pac-Man for the spot is Klonoa). However, with 3rd party slots limited, he may get beaten to the punch by others (such as Sonic and Megamn). I give him 40%, as while he has a decent shot, he has quite a few factors working against him.

Dark Samus is harder to judge. Ridley gets in before DS, but after that there aren't many reps from the Metroid franchise that stand out besides him. However, DS is very aesthetically similar to Samus, and while they could make him an original moveset, I'm not sure that they'd bother. However, while they could just add Ridley and be set with the Metroid franchise, they may add another character, and really DS is the only other character I can see getting in. But he doesn't strike me as a very likely, so I'll give DS 30%

Nominate: Vaati (x2) Ray 01 (x3)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That character would obviously be Donkey Kong in my case. No Smash without him. From all the originals non-unlockable characters he has the viewest ties with the rest of the cast, he's a very old character, from a franchise which I love (DKC) and there are 2 DK games in development. Also, he was my main in both games and even though Brawl most likely will have Diddy, that won't prefent me from still using DK.

Pacman- 50% Why? Old school character, Miyamoto likes him, has appeared in Mario games even before Sonic and Pacman is clearly one of the most rememorable games ever.

Dark Samus- 10% I don't see the need of her. Besides with the addition of Ridley, Metroid wouldn't need another character. And 3 characters based from Samus or atleast have Samus in their names doesn't really appeal to me.

D

Deleted member

Hahaha. Gengar got like 20%.

I give Pac-Man 15% and Dark Samus... Well, I guess I'll give him/it 65%. I wouldn't be too surprised, it would be higher if Japan didn't hate 'Prime.

'Puff (Jiggly) to return. My favourite character in the entire franchise. I applaud whoever designed her.

Tombi (x5)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
To return I'll go with these in this order from greatest to lower chances:

Luigi: I'll take a bet of any amount he will return, because I know he'll return!

Donkey Kong: Nintendo's original villain, and latter king of the swing

Peach: The most famous damsel in distress is video gaming, she is easily the most reconizable female character in all of video gaming.

Ganondorf: He is the main Zelda villian, and he will most likely be totally changed revolving around his sword. (finally! :mad:)

I want to see a better Mewtwo this time.-
Who doesn't=? He is one of the few Pokemon I like, but he blew in SSSBM. If (most likely he will) comes back, he'll be better, I can almost guarentee you.

Now for Pac-Man and Dark Samus

Pac-Man: The real original gaming figure, and c'mon who hasn't played Pac-Man=? He is a classic, plus the greatest video game creator ever Shigeru Miyamoto loves PAc-Man, and he is well liked by Nintendo. (side note: Pac-Man is actually getting a real voice in a upcoming Pac-Man game). Despite all these good reasonings, there are far more wanted 3rd party characters, and Pac-Man probably isn't even in the top 5 or such.

So I give him a fair 30% chance as being a playable character in SSBB. Plus i don't see a moveset so....that adds to it. All I have to say is: Sonic, Megaman, Geno, and on and on and on. Way more wnated 3rd Party characters, and way better characters IMO.

Dark Samus (o ya, finally got Dark Samus up here=:) :) :) ): Dark Samus is the main villian of the Metroid Prime part of the Metroid series. Ridley will come before DS, but that doesn't put DS out of the hunt. DS is going to remain the main villian in MP3 Corruption most likely, and plus when I think of Ds, I wonder if there will be 3 or 4 Metroid character slots.

If there are only 3 Metroid character slots, DS will most likely not make it. Despite this, Metroid is actually Nintendo's #5 money making series (only behind Mario, Pokemon, tLOZ, and Donkey Kong), so that adds in, and could get the Metroid series a 4th character slot (as well as Donkey Kong 3 or 4).

Fortunately, I could see a original moveset for DS, which also adds to the chances. Plus unlike Pac-Man DS isn't a 3rd party character, and is heavily requested and wanted for SSBB. so I'll give DS a 68% chance at being a playable character in SSBB.

I liked the surprise thing, lol. I would have never seen it coming, and it was a great idea=exellent work! Now for my nomination/vote. Let's see here, I got WW Link up, DS up, now who next... O I got it I vote Vatti 5x! Ya I'll try to get Vatti up next, lol! :laugh: :) :cool: :chuckle: ;)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok b4 u start bashing Dark samus, I iwll defend its honor:

1) Dark samus AINT samus, unless samus can fight a phazon form of herself, dark samus is metroid prime using the phazon suit as a new body
2) DS can have a unique moveset, theirs a chance [if they have little time b4 the deadline] she may end up as a clone, but if not, dont rapidly think "a samus clone", dark samus uses way diferent moves from samus, and some she doesnt even have, not to mention, she can use like phazon waves to attack instead of the usual punc-kick melee moves...
3) Ridley comes 1st, thats simple fact, yet dark samus can easily be a runner up, seeing how sakurai wants to better represent the metroid series:

Samus/zamus
ridley
dark samus

will do IMO, maybe an extra hunter, but who knows, note that dark samus [again] is not samus, just because she has samus in her name doesnt mean shes her...
4) Saying she should just be a color swap is like saying kirby should be an alt. costume for jiggly, and peach should be an alt. costume for zelda, when their CLEARLY diferent characters...

my conclusion dark samus has a high chance, not as ridleys, but he can easily be the 2nd (or 3rd if u count zamus) newcomer... 95%

and pac man, tough hes popular, Megaman has a better shot IMO 30%

nominates sylux x5

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
I would vote Sheik to come back. It's what you like, right, not what you expect? Else I'd say cpt falcon.

Pacman: 40%
He is a thirdparty character, but a real classic one. Although I can't picture him in Brawl, that's not what we should look at.

Not giving percentage for Dark Samus

I nominate Crash Bandicoot x5

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'll give Pac-Man thirty-five percent. As much as I'd rather have Klonoa, Pac-Man is more of Namco's mascot and has had a larger impact on game history. Klonoa could represent Pac-Man through his hat, though. :/

For Dark Samus...I'll give ten percent...though the Metroid series is still slightly lacking in terms of usable characters. :/

I'll nominate Lucas three times and DeMille two times.

And, for my returner, um...I'll pick Donkey Kong.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Just so everyone is clear:

The answer to the question is who you want, NOT who you think will return.

Just thought I'd make that clear so no one tries to attack anyone elses opinions about the characters.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Okay, with that in mind, I'd say Marth!

I give Dark Samus a 30% and Pac-Man a 25%. Namco isn't that big of a third party to Nintendo, and we already have two identities of Samus in one character.

Poo [x3], Laughing Dog [x2]

Croco

Smash Lord
Pac-Man - I really don't want Pac-Man in Smash.. and the reason for it is because I feel there are better 3rd party characters that deserve the slot. BUT.. on the other hand if he makes it, I wouldn't care..

10%

Dark Samus- A good choice for a Samus clone which doesn't transform into Zamus..

80%

Nominations-
Laughing Dog x5

Kirye

Smash Ace
Who I want to return? Marth of course. He's the biggest Fire Emblem lord, and he's just awesome. Also he's one of my favorites.

Pacman: 40%, because obviously he's a retro character who also has new releases for him. He's not necessarily an oldie in the least, showing his inclusion in a Mario Kart and the such. Pacman is an endless classic with many age transformations, just like Mario, Link, DK, and every video game character who's lived on since the 1980s.

Dark Samus: 15%, Ridley is the better choice for a villain than Dark Samus. Just because DS is newer doesn't make her better. Ridley's been around since always, he's THE villain of Metroid. You can say he's too big for the Brawl, but that's bull****. Also, you'd prefer someone similar to Samus AND ZSS compared to a dragon who 'might' be big?

Vaati x 5

Fawriel

Smash Master
Pacman. Unless the team does a miracle job with him, his appearance in Brawl would make me nauseous and seriously doubt whether the game is worth it. I mean it.
But even without my opinion, Pacman is just not compatible. He was cool as a roughly 7 pixel tall yellow pill thing. Everybody loved Pacman, no questions asked. But you might as well take a Tetris block or the Pong ball. Pacman IS a yellow pill-like sprite with a big mouth. It might have eyes, but that's pushing it. And I know he's gotten arms and legs and, hell, a wife. But if being mutilated to star in miserable games nobody likes is what gets a character into Brawl, I'll have to think about my love for the series again.
0.1%

Dark Samus gets... hmm... 35% from me. Ridley's practically in, and I'd love him. Dark Samus would probably not add much, seem just like another Samus, and can't really replace Ridley... considering that Metroid is unlikely to get more than 3 representatives. But yeah, after Ridley, it is next on the list.

As for returning characters, Young Link in his Wind Waker form, but with his style from SSBM retained. If that counts as a "new" character... Luigi.

EDIT: Oh yeah. I nominate Gardevoir 5x. Not like anyone else is going to do it.

Top Bottom