• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB2 Edition! Day 17: Catscratch Trio

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
How to Play

Each day there will be a focus on a specific character or concept for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. On occasion when the schedule ends up permitting, there will be double days. We shall rate these characters both on how likely we view them and how much we desire them from 0-100%. When posting, you also can nominate characters or concepts to rate at a later period.

RTC is a debate thread and a game. Naturally, it might be frustrating to see one of your most wanted characters have people argue against them or not want them. But at the end of the day, this is all for fun. It’s an attempt to try and figure out how likely something f will be. It’s also a great way to show off your favorite character or something you think is cool.

As a baseline, each poster is given five nominations per day per character/concept that is rated. Abstaining will net the minimum number of nominations that are available that day. If you are providing scores, for your scores and nominations to count you need at least two sentences per score. If you write over a paragraph for each score, you will earn double noms. To make things as simple as possible, three-to-five sentences is considered a paragraph for this game. For example, if it was a double day and you wrote two paragraphs per each character for their scores, you would get 20 noms. If you wrote two paragraphs for a character on a single day, you would get 10 noms.

In terms of getting extra noms, the main method of getting them is through predicting what chance a character would get the next day. For this, the closest overall guess gets the extra noms equal to the noms they got that day. Generally the amount of noms you get for your guess depends on how close you are and how difficult the guess is. Getting within, say, 1% for a character with higher and more varied score will net you more extra noms than getting within 1% for a character that's getting mostly 1/2/3% guesses.

Rules

1. Characters you nominate must be owned by Viacom or be from a show that has aired on Nick.

2. Debates are allowed. Flame wars and personal attacks aren't. Let's keep things civil here.

3. After a day has ended, you have a grace period of 2 hours to get your rating in. After that, ratings won't be counted and discussing the character/concept further will be considered off-topic.

4. You are encouraged to be creative with your posts, please make sure the chance and want scores and nominations are distinctly visible, such as above your explanation. Other options could include bolding your scores to make them easier to see. Also, if you have extra noms and want to use them, make sure you mention that either in your nom counts (For example, if you have 10 extra noms, saying "Sokka x20" if you wanna use your base noms + all 10 extra noms towards your chosen character. You can also divide up your extra noms between multiple characters like your regular ones, or simply save them for later!) or by simply saying it (i.e. "All Extra noms towards Pearl").

5. Days will last approximately 48 hours, though they can be extended if need be.

6. You're allowed to nominate a character/concept that has already been rated, but you must wait until 2 weeks after their day has passed.

7. Have fun. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE LEADERBOARD + HALL OF FAME

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:

DaUsername: 682
Baysha: 10
Darkonedagger: 140
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 50
Darkvortex: 320
DrifloonEmpire: 25

--------------------------
Ronnie Anne Santiago x35
Doug Funnie x35
Johnny Knoxville x35
The Amazing Kreskin x30
My Squishy Little Dumplings x20
Chuckie Finster x20
Concept: Second Rugrats character x20
Scissors (from Rock, Paper, Scissors) x20
Ed Bighead x14
Fanboy and ChumChum x13
Kappa Mikey x12
Kaput and Zosky x10
Concept: Reallyjoel's Dad equivalent difficulty x10
Sam Manson x10
Vexus x10
Ed (GoodBurger) x7
Pony Bramley x5
Concept: Game Show rep x5
Dora x5
Concept: Monster High rep x5
Vladimir (MLAATR) x5
Eric Cartman x5
Daria x5
Mighty Mouse x3
Gnorm Gnat x2
Mermaid Man x2
Parker J. Cloud x2
Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty (RBUK) x2

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I’ll get started in a little bit

edit: that was littler than i thought. anyway i'd like to do the first two characters together

Scrooge McKrabbs and Lex Plakton

Chances: 50% for krabbs and 40% for plankton. nickelodean is obsessed with spongebob so i see any of their characters as highly likely but i'm unwilling to let myself predict any character higher than fifty fifty. now krabbs strikes me as more like cause as far as i'm aware he is more popular. not that plakton couldn't happen i just think he's second fiddle in this case.

Want: 0% no offence to all the died hard nick fans out there but i am sick of spongebob. like i said they're obsessed with him and milk him to a degree to rival star wars. it's exhausting to be exposed to him this much. you'd think nick never made anything else. the pile of characters we have is enough thank you very much.

Jon "Carpface" Arbuckle

Chances 10% i don't really see them adding him. he may be a major character in the franchise but as an acquired series i don't see it getting to many. that's it really.

Want: 100% i think i've made it clear i'm a life long garfield fan. as such i would love many many characters. his move set would be so wacky and it'd be loads of fun.

Man's best friend

Chances: 50% i can see it happening but nothing's certain. we've seen in other games that odie is the go to second choice but i suppose that no reason to think it'll be the same here. but odie is garfield's sidekick so he makes the most sense. not to mention he's probably the most marketable character after garfield. so yeah he's go a few thing going for him

Want: 100% most wanted in fact. he would have one of the wackiest moves sets you've ever seen. and him beating up the likes of shredder and vlad is just funny. sort of mtach up i love this kind of crossover for. it would make my day and be a sure way to get me to buy the game.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Krabs and Plankton

Chance 80% (Krabs), 60% (Plankton) -
Nickelodeon loves Spongebob, so I doubt it'll have a representation cap or anything. Plus, we have Squidward now, and while he could've taken the newcomer slot for Spongebob, its also Spongebob's most popular pick out of the way. Krabs, I'd say, edges out, given his greater popularity and lack of logistical issues, but I can see either one making the cut, whether it be base game or DLC. The clip of Squidward also shows him slamming into the Krusty Krab crow's nest pole, alongside Krusty Krab tables in the background. Alongside this, the Story Mode clip had Conch Street as a 3D location. Whether or not these are stages is up for debate, but Conch Street could easily be Squidward's stage, while the Fry Cook Games arena (which has ties to both Krabs and Plankton) could easily fit another Spongebob rep. We'll have to wait and see how things go, but given all of the new Spongebob content I can easily see one of them making the cut.

Want: 100% (Krabs), 90% (Plankton) - Can't get enough Spongebob, and these two are way too iconic to leave out! Plus, we've never had playable Krabs in a Nick crossover game, so that would add to the novelty of his inclusion!

Jon Arbuckle and Odie

Chance: 70% (Odie), 20% (Jon) -
Nick's pushing Garfield hard, and they love showing off their new acquisition. Hell, Garfield's shown as big and important with SPONGEBOB on the box art! Kart Racers 3 brought in Odie as the second Garfield racer, so he seems to be Nick's pick for a second Garfield rep. Both Jon and Odie are fountains of memes, and receive similar levels of demand, but precedent is what tips it in Odie's favor. Garfield also pulls several moves from Garfield & Friends, so both of them (especially Jon) could pull a lot of moveset material from it. Plus, Rep loves Garfield, so I can see him at least pushing for another rep!

Want: 100% (Both) - Who can say no to more Garfield?! They'd both make hilarious additions to the cast, and Garfield's such a worldwide icon that he's more than earned it! There's also tons of interesting locations around town to use as stages, so you aren't limited to Jon's wallpaper!

Nominations:
Concept: No Character Cuts x30

Predictions:
Timmy Turner - 91.38% - I still have high hopes, though I feel like people's confidence in him has waned over time.
Luna Loud - 85.39% - We're getting a new Loud House stage, and she's the most popular main character not already in!
Luan Loud - 82.18% - Similar to Luna, but not quite as likely.
Clyde McBride - 17.96% - I believe he's more likely than people think, but with that said, I don't expect a lot of confident scores for him.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Quick question: Are we taking DLC into consideration for these early ratings?

Last edited:
Allow me to introduce myself to the party...

The Cooler Plankton
Chance:
Mr. Krabs: 75%
Plankton: 50%

Due to the demand for more Spongebob fighters, I'd assume a second one would be considered, at least for DLC. And let's face facts. Krabs is getting in before Plankton. Not that it isn't warranted to prefer one restaurant or the other, because that's why the Chum Bucket has been empty for decades.

Want: 100% (Both)

The more Spongebob characters in this game, the better. Just as long as the invitations to prior series extend further than Bikini Bottom, New York, or Retroville.

Garfield's Friends
Chance:
Jon Arbuckle: 10%
Odie: 25%

I know that Nick is shaping up Odie to be the next-in-line to represent Garfield. However, at the same time, I'm pretty sure he and Jon would have to wait until NASB 3 for an invitation. Something tells me the local newspaper might not be where Rep scouts for talent this time.

Want: 80% (Both)
Since Squidward and Jimmy have been revealed, and with unique Smash-esque taglines to boot, Timmy Turner seems to be the biggest obstacle left.

As Nicktoons, no one's getting in before Timmy unless they come from an existing show. As characters in their own right, I want both Jon and Odie in the game. Maybe even Orson.

Nominations:
Miko Kubota x10
Ronnie Anne Santiago x10
Lynn Loud Jr. x5
Pony Bramley x5

Predictions:
Timmy Turner: 95.75% - If he's not in the base game, Timmy's a DLC fighter. Any more waiting, and his chances may plummet below 75%.
Luna Loud: 50% - As far as another Loud House character is concerned, Luna seems to be the most likely option. Does she have much to do in the movie?
Luan Loud: 40% - Perhaps Luan could be in NASB at some point, but not before Luna.
Clyde McBride: 25% - If there's one thing early fans of TLH recall, it's how present Clyde was in the show. Granted, that's probably to get the show greenlit in the first place, but I still think he's one of the most likely side characters to get in.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Diners, Drive-Ins and Deep Sea Dives
Mr. Krabs

Chance: 50%
Want: 45%
Plankton
Chance: 30%
Want: 40%

Now that we got Squidward present and accounted for, anything goes as far as Spongebob representation goes.
Mr. Krabs and Plankton are the last two remaining major secondary characters before we start getting into tertiary picks or deeper cuts.

Krabs seems like a safe choice but not a guaranteed one. There isn't much to say in regard to his chances, it's Spongebob, he's a major character, people want him, but they may opt for boosting other shows or going with a more outlandish SB pick since we're already clocking at four main characters on the roster (assuming Sandy is back, which I have no reason to believe is not the case)

Plankton is a little harder to judge, because now bosses are a thing. Due to his nature as the show's villain, his small stature and the possibility he'll need a mech to fight, it's entirely possible Plankton will be reserved for a boss fight instead of a playable slot.

I think I'd rather have more characters from shows yet unrepresented, but if I had to pick, I'd go with Krabs. The possibility to cheat with Plankton and just put him in a robot makes me a little less enthused about the character, unless they put him in a duo with Karen where he rides on her head and attacks from there. That'd be hilarious and unique.

Now where could my pipe be?
Odie

Chance: 35%
Want: 20%
Jon Arbuckle
Chance: 5%
Want: 1%

They're pushing Garfield pretty hard in this one, giving him a prominent spot equal to the Sponge himself on the boxart, over a Ninja Turtle of all characters. That being said, I feel like we're still just gonna get Garfield.

Odie is definitely next in line if they want a new Garfield character. His moves would probably mostly consist of generic dog stuff and the dingleball.

Jon doesn't feel likely at all. Beyond how wildly out of scale he'd look next to Garf, he as a character is just not that interesting, even with memes on his side.

To be honest, I like Odie and I like Garfield as a whole, but I think Garf himself is enough for now. He already reps his series perfectly well on his own.

Predictions
Timmy: 20%
Luna: 60%
Luan: 30%
Cylde: 15%

Nominations
Stick Stickly: 20
Dog Suit GIR: 10

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Krabs Chance: 70%
Plankton Chance: 20%

This takes me back to the SpongeBob triple day. Anyway, with Squidward officially in the game now, we're down to two "obvious" picks in terms of potential SpongeBob reps: the money-loving fast food magnate Eugene Krabs, and his diminutive business rival Sheldon J. Plankton. Right out the gate, I'm willing to bet we're probably done with SpongeBob characters as far as the base roster. That's not to say SpongeBob doesn't deserve more characters - on the contrary, it pretty much always does - but I think the devs might want to spread the love a bit. (I could certainly be wrong, what with that potential Conch Street stage we saw in the trailer, though it does seem pretty plain to the point that I'm assuming it's meant to be a background setpiece and nothing more.) That said, with four whole DLC characters planned out before release, I'd be a little shocked if SpongeBob didn't take one of them. Krabs I think is a particularly safe pick for DLC since the demand for him has been vocal since before NASB1 was out, and he has an easy idea for a stage in the Krusty Krab. (Plus, I mean, the jokes about monetization just write themselves.) Plankton certainly could be the pick if the devs like the idea enough - and he does have the Chum Bucket, which could be a neat stage in its own right - but we also have to consider there's a boss rush mode now, and Plankton's certainly the obvious pick for a SpongeBoss™ other than the Flying Dutchman and maybe Man-Ray or the Dirty Bubble. (Personally, my hope is Dennis.) I won't write him off, but my money's on Krabs.
Of course, there is the hidden third option where they add someone weird like Bubble Bass instead, but let's not worry about that right now.

Krabs Want: 100%
Plankton Want: 60%

Krabs has been one of my most wanted since NASB1 was revealed, and that's not gonna change until he's in. He was always one of my favorite characters on the show (next to Patchy, of course), and I can easily imagine him as a speedy pseudo-grappler, maybe with a money gimmick a la Business Casual Man in Slap City. Besides, after all the memes of Mr. Krabs getting zero-to-deathed by characters like Luigi and Jigglypuff, it'd be so fitting for him to actually be in a platform fighter for real. (And like... that walking sound. I NEED it.)

As for Plankton... eh? He could have a cool robot design, and I still kinda love the idea of him riding Karen into battle, but other than that, his inclusion would do very little for me. I almost want him more as a boss, to be honest. I wouldn't complain, but I really do want Krabs more.

I KNOW HOW THE UNIVERSE ENDS, BUT NOT THE ****ING LOVE BOAT
Odie Chance: 30%
Jon Chance: 10%

I'm not super expecting another Garfield character, honestly. Garfield feels like the closest this game has to a guest character, and while he did tag along with Odie for Kart Racers 3, I feel the fat orange cat more than stands on his own. That said, if we do get a second Garfield rep, it'll almost certainly be Odie (even though it should totally be this guy). He's the next most marketable character after Garfield despite Jon being more recurring and integral to the franchise and could easily have a moveset with his cartoony proportions and, well, being a dog. (I can already see his jab just being a giant lick.) Base roster's probably not the time for a new Garfield rep, but for DLC, Odie might be a name to watch out for.

As for Jon... nah, I'm not feeling this one. I've said it before, but Jon's just sorta boring and doomed to be the butt monkey of practically everything he's in. He has very few unique attributes to even make a moveset out of - unless you veer into "referencing overly specific gags" territory, which people already gave a lot of NASB1's movesets flack for overrelying on. I dunno, maybe someone on the devteam loves Jon and would give up their firstborn to be able to play as him, but bar that possibility, I'm not really expecting him this time. I mean, who'd pay for Jon Arbuckle?

Odie Want: 40%
Jon Want: 5%

Odie could be alright. I'm fairly neutral on him. I'd kind of prefer for Garfield to stay the sole rep for his franchise as I dig the whole "honorary guest" vibe he's got going on at the moment, but that'll inevitably fade as we see more Nick-syndicated Garfield content anyway. Jon would have to sell me with some neat moves or a gut-bustingly hilarious joke of some kind. I honestly kinda want him more as a boss, not in the sense that he's a bad guy, but more in his typical "pathetically average guy gets dunked on by life for doing nothing out of the ordinary" schtick. IMAGINE the Jon boss fight. You know I'm right.

Timmy Prediction: 40%
People have been dooming on this kid HARD, so I'm expecting a lot of lowballing tomorrow. Then again, we could also see a lot of really high scores tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

No prediction for the Loud House characters since I know very little about them and probably couldn't differentiate the sisters if I tried.

Gee, we're uhh... really going through a lot of heavy hitters these first few days, huh? Not too sure who to use these noms on, but I'll do my best:
I'm dumping 50 noms onto Carl Wheezer. Whatever's left goes to Professor Membrane.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Well, uh, hello everybody. Looks like we're back.
I'm sorry for abandoning you all last time. I don't really really have much of an excuse, aside from my computer being broken, but even then I got a new one a while ago. Oh well, that's all in the past now. Hosting was too much work for me anyways.

Anyway, time to rate some chances!
Krabs!
Chance: 70%
With Squidward now in, Mr. Krabs has now taken his place as the most demanded SpongeBob character. The big question is if we'll get another SpongeBob character. There's definitely a good chance it could happen, if not in the base game then maybe as DLC. Especially since Krabs is the money guy.
[Side note: I usually don't factor DLC into my ratings before the game is actually out, but GameMill already announced a full season pass so we might as well start talking about DLC chances now.]

Want: 65%
While he's not a character I'm actively demanding, I think it'd be cool to see him included. He'd definitely be fun to play as and he's also never been playable in a Nick Crossover game before so that would be neat.

Plankton!
Chance: 25%
My reasoning might seem kinda dumb here, but I feel like if Plankton was in, he'd have the "main villain" role instead of Vlad? But then again, Nick Brawl does have a habit for being different, so who knows. I feel like Krabs is the more likely character but Plankton definitely still has a chance. Heck, we could even get both of them.

Want: 55%
Just like Krabs, not demanding him, but still think he'd be cool. Honestly I'm okay with pretty much any SB character, as long as they're not from one of the spinoffs. (Looking at you, Nick Kart Racers 3.)

A Man and His Roommate's Dog
Jon Chance: 35%
Odie Chance: 45%
This is a bit of a weird one. Garfield is definitely a big and popular series, but you don't really see anyone from it get requested that often. I guess a lot of people still don't really see it as a Nick franchise yet, which kinda makes sense considering we still haven't seen anything from that upcoming Garfield Nicktoon yet. All that aside, I could see at least one of them getting in, since, once again, Garfield is a pretty big and popular series. As for who is more likely, I guess Odie, since he was in the Kart Racing game, though that doesn't really mean too much since that's a different dev team, though there has been a weird amount of overlap between the two series so idk.

Wants: 50% for both
Once again, I think either of them would be fun and cool, but I'm not really actively demanding them. As for my real most wanted Garfield character, check my nominations.

Predictions:
Timmy: 80% - It's gotta be this time for real guys come on he has to be in its gotta happen this time finally he'll probably be the last DLC character please
Luan: 50%
Clyde: 10%

Noms: Dirk Dinkum x30 (or however many I earned today)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm sorry for abandoning you all last time. I don't really really have much of an excuse, aside from my computer being broken, but even then I got a new one a while ago. Oh well, that's all in the past now. Hosting was too much work for me anyways.

Krabs!
With Squidward now in, Mr. Krabs has now taken his place as the most demanded SpongeBob character. The big question is if we'll get another SpongeBob character. There's definitely a good chance it could happen, if not in the base game then maybe as DLC. Especially since Krabs is the money guy.
[Side note: I usually don't factor DLC into my ratings before the game is actually out, but GameMill already announced a full season pass so we might as well start talking about DLC chances now.]

While he's not a character I'm actively demanding, I think it'd be cool to see him included. He'd definitely be fun to play as and he's also never been playable in a Nick Crossover game before so that would be neat.

Plankton!
My reasoning might seem kinda dumb here, but I feel like if Plankton was in, he'd have the "main villain" role instead of Vlad? But then again, Nick Brawl does have a habit for being different, so who knows. I feel like Krabs is the more likely character but Plankton definitely still has a chance. Heck, we could even get both of them.

Just like Krabs, not demanding him, but still think he'd be cool. Honestly I'm okay with pretty much any SB character, as long as they're not from one of the spinoffs. (Looking at you, Nick Kart Racers 3.)

This is a bit of a weird one. Garfield is definitely a big and popular series, but you don't really see anyone from it get requested that often. I guess a lot of people still don't really see it as a Nick franchise yet, which kinda makes sense considering we still haven't seen anything from that upcoming Garfield Nicktoon yet. All that aside, I could see at least one of them getting in, since, once again, Garfield is a pretty big and popular series. As for who is more likely, I guess Odie, since he was in the Kart Racing game, though that doesn't really mean too much since that's a different dev team, though there has been a weird amount of overlap between the two series so idk.

Once again, I think either of them would be fun and cool, but I'm not really actively demanding them. As for my real most wanted Garfield character, check my nominations.

Predictions:
Timmy: 80% - It's gotta be this time for real guys come on he has to be in its gotta happen this time finally he'll probably be the last DLC character please

No worries, friend! We're glad to have you back!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
tiny
Chance: 25%.
I think Plankton's definitely gonna be a boss for sure, and the rest depends on whether or not bosses are gonna be unlockable fighters or fighters in general. (Ludosity said they didn't want unlockable characters, but they didn't want to do all four Ninja Turtles either) Given that a bigger budget=/=unlimited budget, they might just animate a few attacks for the bosses rather than a full moveset. But on the other hand, he might just be playable on the merits that he's an iconic character from Nick's biggest show, boss role (or possible lack thereof) be damned.

Want: 70%.
I always thought Plankton would've been a better choice for the next SB rep than Squidward. But, oh well, the Squidward fans were loud enough that he got to be the first newcomer announced.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Krabs!

Plankton!

Predictions:

Good to see youre okay, man.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Welcome back everyone. Let's make this another good one!

Who works in a wooden shack that should be water-damaged and a rundown bucket under the sea?

Chance:
Mr. Krabs - 60%
Plankton - 45%

With Squidward being in the base roster, I predict that we will probably get one Spongebob rep in the DLC cycle. In terms of who that is we have several options. Mr. Krabs is now currently the most requested character for the series so he's a safe bet. As for Plankton he's still highly requested, though he's below Krabs and plus we have Vlad as a boss now. That implies that there might be other bosses, too. Since Plankton would have to fight in some kind of robot for him to work in a fighting game, the devs may decide to just go all out and have him be a boss in a giant mech suit.

But honestly, if you ask me I think we are now at a point where they could get away with adding a side character instead. I will go more into detail on that on a later day....something about pickles....but anyway I just think that there are some side characters that are notable, have memes and have made somewhat of a comeback since disappearing after the golden age of Spongebob. That's the main reason why I give even Mr. Krabs a lower score compared to other people here, plus the main cast does cannibalize each other's chances just a bit.

Want for both: 100%

I would be happy with either of them. Mr. Krabs in particular has so much meme potential and he's not playable in a lot of games, let alone fighting games so it would be neat to see a moveset for him! Plankton on the other hand would be in a robot which is cool. That would provide a flexible base for a moveset and could take references from his different robots across the show and even other games. Overall, I don't think having one more Spongebob rep for this game would hurt!

Doggo

Chance: 65%

There isn't anything new I can add here. Garfield is prominent on the boxart and the future of the series looks bright. Odie is just...a safe bet all around. He's requested, a recognizable character, and is easily the second choice for the IP in my mind. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in this game.

Want: 50%

I've never been much of a Garfield fan. I watched the live action movie and the Cartoon Network show a while ago, so I don't have much of an attachment to the brand. Odie is cute, and him being a quadrupedal is a nice bonus so while I would accept him, I'm also fine if Garfield just ends up being the sole rep.

This guy must be an expert at making lasagnas by now

Chance: 15%

I guess Jon could happen? Apparently he's got some memes and I do see a little bit of support for him here and there. But realistically Odie is going to be the second rep for the IP and in regards to Garfield getting 2 reps in this game? I just don't see it. I think for now Jon will be unprioritized.

Want: 1%

I'm sorry Jon fans, but I can't get excited about this idea at all. I don't have anything against the man, I just find him to be kind of boring. If we do get a second Garfield rep I'd much prefer it to be Odie.

Noms: Bubble Bass xMax

Predictions:
Timmy - 52%

Abstaining on the Loud House characters because I don't even have a guess where their range would be.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Mr. Krabs
Chance?: 75%.

The Spongebob Squarepants series is interesting when discussing NASB, primarily because of how ostensibly important it is to Nickelodeon as a brand - though, it also runs into the issue of needing not to be overrepresented compared to other Nickelodeon brands overall. Given its ensemble cast also allows for a lot of pretty prominent picks to be added, it leaves discussions of chance a little unusual - especially given Ludosity's penchant for occasionally picking slightly unexpected characters like April O'Neil, Powdered Toast Man or Hugh Neutron.

Mr. Krabs is ostensibly one of the central characters in the show with a plentiful supply of potential inspirations for a moveset, and whilst I would say that he's not quite on the same memetic level as Squidward, he still has a lot of internet popularity through memes and the like. Not only that, but he's a character that a lot of people have been requesting. See, he's an obvious pick - but then, at the same time, Squidward kind of fills the role as "the obvious Spongebob character" that'd then leave space for an unusual pick (like maybe Mrs. Puff or Pearl for instance) and then allow for a future game, or DLC, to add him in as another prominent pick.

Want?: 65%.

Whilst I feel Krabs is an obvious and pretty solid choice who'd be pretty fun to see, he's in this state where he's... kind of obvious as an inclusion, in a similar boat to Squidward - he'd not really be a surprise, and whilst it'd be really nice to see him in action, it'd also be just as nice for his space on the roster to be given to a perhaps less obvious character from the Spongebob Squarepants series. I don't want this to come across as me dunking on him, though - Krabs would still be a pretty fun inclusion who I think would be a natural pick to add to the game, and it'd be really fun to see how he'd be included.

Plankton
Chance?: 70%.

Whilst Plankton is in a similar situation to Mr. Krabs in terms of notability - being a prominent member of the Spongebob Squarepants cast, having tons of popularity and memetic recognition, having a lot of moveset potential - but at the same time, I have to wonder whether Plankton would be able to fulfil Ludosity's general design for a moveset. See, Ludosity tend to design movesets to deliberately feature a ton of references and the like, but given Plankton's size, a lot of his own movements aren't going to really work unless they scale him up somewhat... but then that'd take away from one of his defining characteristics, being small.

Obviously, scaling him up somewhat and pairing him up with Karen would work just fine - but at the same time, Plankton would be in this weird limbo in a similar state to Mr. Krabs where his nature as a more prominent Spongebob Squarepants character kind of comparatively kneecaps him considering Squidward is already here and the inclusion of an "unexpected" character from the series is a decently logical idea to drum up speculation and such.

Want?: 50%.

Plankton is a decently obvious character who'd make for a great (and unique!) villainous presence, and I can imagine him potentially having a pretty unique moveset. Then again, looking over to Zim, it becomes apparent that the archetype of "small, technology-using, somewhat evil" character already exists to a certain extent. Whilst Plankton could absolutely provide a unique take on that moveset concept, and could potentially have access to a ton of unique tools, I feel like he's kind of in a similar boat to Krabs in that he's kind of obvious - but doesn't really have the same level of uniqueness going for him. I'd be fine with him being included, and truthfully, I wouldn't even be against it - but I think I'd be pretty apathetic if he wasn't included, to be honest.

Jon Arbuckle
Chance?: 45%.

The problem with the greater Garfield cast when considering their inclusion is that neither Jon or Odie really match up to Garfield's own recognisability, plus the fact that his inclusion was generally seen as that of a "guest fighter" similar to characters like Pac-Man and such over in the Super Smash Bros. series, so including another Garfield character kind of runs the risk of removing what's so special about Garfield himself. Now, I don't think this is a dealbreaker for either, but it is something to consider.

In terms of actual moveset potential and popularity... I'd actually argue Jon would be a better pick than Odie in this case. He's got plenty of memes and such surrounding him, is a decently well-known character due to his continuing prominence, and is someone that a lot of people have latched onto - whilst also having a lot of potential for individual moves considering the amount of media he's been in. (Hell, if you include the comic strips, there's plenty of stuff you could pull from.)

That said, Garfield - whilst obviously a popular series - might not necessarily be a prominent focus when considering what wasn't in the original game and the idea of "representing Nickelodeon" in general. It'd totally make sense to include another Garfield character, but when considering the other competition in terms of development, it's just as possible that he might not quite make the cut. I'm sorry, Jon.

Want?: 90%.
I'm going to be real, it'd be hilarious to see Jon in a fighting game - and I do genuinely think he'd be a fantastic and unique inclusion. Sure, there's a few obvious moves he could have (like his infamous dance), but the potential to pull from comic strip gags on top of that would lend to a character I think would be a lot of fun. Admittedly, if Hugh Neutron is here, there may be the issue of a bit of overlap between "older male characters who act as comic relief and are mostly here because of the memes", but at the same time, the idea of Jon Arbuckle and Hugh Neutron taking down villains like Vlad Plasmius or Shredder is a really fun one to picture as a reality.

Odie
Chance?: 35%.

Odie is in a bit of an odd spot. The thing is, Odie is a prominent Garfield character with decent history behind him, but at the same time, I'd argue Odie isn't really as prominent as Jon is - both in terms of popularity and in terms of in-series use. (Remember, Jon was effectively a fundamental part of what made the original comic strips work, whereas Odie was more of a side character who'd appear from time to time.) That's not to say this would be the be-all and end-all, though - him being included wouldn't be completely unprecedented considering we've had characters like April over Raphael and Donatello.

Then again, Odie doesn't really have the memetic potential that Jon does - which seems like an odd nitpick, but we have to remember this is being developed by the same team that included Hugh Neutron before his son... so we can pretty easily say that memes and internet popularity are a pretty prominant benchmark to consider. This isn't to say he lacks potential or anything of the sort - but, at the same time, I feel like Jon kind of outplays him even there. I'll admit, his characterisation as being kind of stupid and typically being assaulted by Garfield could lend to something fun... but the nature of Odie's characterisation basically means his entire moveset would literally just be "dog".

Want?: 20%.

Odie would be... fine. I have nothing against him, I'll admit - but I feel like Jon would be way more fun than him. He's got potential, but it'd be just as easy to fall into the trap of "what would a typical cartoon dog do for this move" for at least half of it. He's decently well-known, but I feel he's well-known in the same way that Jimmy Kimmel is well-known - he keeps turning up when you're looking for something or someone else, either on his own talk show or as the host of the Oscars or whatever, usually without you really paying much attention to him until he says something and you get the social compulsion to laugh, not because it's actually funny, but because you know that you're technically supposed to, so you let out a little chuckle and then get on with your day and remember nothing about the event. Okay, maybe that's a bit harsh, but... yeah.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Don't Odie on your meds, kids: 58%
Odie has a high quantity of things in his favor, but the small quantity of things against him are equally as significant. I'll do this in bullet points. Some of these points also apply to Jon, but most of them are in direct opposition to his chances

PROS:
  1. Garfield is getting major publicity on the box, bigger than even Raphael, it would feel weird to give him so much priority if his comic still only has one fighter.
  2. Either Nigel or Garfield was probably the one reveal from the first game that got the most attention, moreso than even Hugh - there was even a hoax surrounding it! Catching lightning in a bottle worked quite well for Hugh too, so perhaps they'll try it all over again.
  3. Odie is the secondary face of the comic in merchandising - Jon may be the arguable protagonist and initial title character, but this game is by all means merchandising, and Odie's face is all over Garfield merchandise.
  4. Kids know who Odie is, Garfield comics are still on newspapers and compilation books, and easy to find online compared to the TV episodes all other fighters are sourced from - if they want to catch the core Nick kids and families audience between all the Vexuses and Otises, (not actual predictions, just examples of more niche Nicktoon characters) Odie would be a great pick.
  5. While I don't know how true it is that the entire NASB dev is Garfield nerds, we do at least know of one person with a relatively high role on this project who loves the Garf.
  6. Odie's moveset potential is actually quite stunning. He's a dog, so that brings along fetching; digging; so on, but he also has one thing most quadrupeds don't have - a giant, elongated tongue, essentially giving him a frontwards-facing limb to be used for attacks, making designing his moveset and how he'll interact with different game elements a lot easier.
  7. While Odie isn't a big hype pick - at least within the realm of Nick fandom - Raph and Donnie have clearly proven that it's very selective how each base game newcomer is getting revealed, so not everyone needs to be a Timmy or Jimmy, and more low key, obvious, casual-aimed, or modern picks can fly under the radar (which may come into play in my Loud Sibling analysis's) while the nostalgic fan demand and dank meme picks can have the bigger screen presence.

CONS:
  1. He's a normal dog - certainly hasn't stopped Garfield from kicking him off the table many a time, nor some rather poorly aged strips from the Lyman days of... uh... "pet training"..., and he is still a smart, anthropomorphic character, even if not as anthro as the Garf, but I can imagine some (even if not a lot) seeing Rugrat issues with having Danny Phantom JV4 him
  2. NASB 2 seems to be going a lot further into Nick fanservice, and a lot of die hard Nick fans haven't really accepted Garfield into the fold yet, with his new show having been a WIP for a while. As I've pointed out on #7 of the pros, this doesn't disconfirm him, but it certainly makes him a lower priority than he would've been for NASB 1 base. I really don't wanna get into the whole debate about "honourary brand characters" or whatever for now so I'll leave it there.

Any new noms also to the silver ball

Timmy prediction: 50%. I'm gonna rank him higher for reasons I'll go into, but I can understand the skepticism.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Mr. Krabs:

Chances: 60%

I think he has a solid shot, like others mentionned he's probably the next "obvious" SpongeBob rep, that being said we know that these devs don't always go with the obvious choices, so who knows. I think his moveset potential is huge so I could still see the team go with him.

Want: 90%

Yeah I love Krabs, he's one of the few SpongeBob characters that hasn't changed too much his personality over the run of the show and I think he's one of the funniest character on the show, and like I said his moveset potential is huge.

Plankton:

Chances: 40%

Honestly I don't really see him getting in before Krabs unless they really want to surprise the fanbase for some reason, but then again if they want to surprise us they could go with even more crazier pick like Larry or Ms. Puff.

Want: 20%

Not gonna lie, I'm not a fan of the idea of having Plankton in the game. Don't get me wrong, I love the character, but what makes the character unique is how small and weak he is in his own universe, and removing that would pretty much destroy the identity of the character imo. He does have great moveset potential with some of his invention, but I feel like Jimmy will already touch on this theme a lot.

Odie:

Well Garfield as an ip is huge, so I could see the franchise having a second rep and Odie is the obvious choice. But aside from that he doesn't have a lot going for him tbh. And with Garfield still having no Nick shows, I'm not sure if they will really want to give the franchise a second character.

I'm pretty neutral on him, I think he's a funny character but I don't see a lot of moveset potential in him to be honest. Having a dog playable would be pretty cool tho I'm going to admit.

Jon

Chance: 40%

I think his chances are lower than Odie but with how the team love meme characters, maybe he has some chances. But I think he have the same problem as Odie which is that Nick still haven't made a Garfield show which could hurt the chances of having more content from the franchise.

Want: 75%

Jon would be very funny and honestly I see way more moveset potential in him than Odie. And with the game having maybe more interaction between characters, I think it would be fun to see Jon interacting with others.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Mr. Krabs Chance - 40%

Plankton Chance - 25%

While Squidward is already in, Spongebob is one of the few franchises that can justify having more than one newcomer. I don't think it's garenteed, but I'd say it's around 75% likely. Mr. Krabs is probably the one most next in line in terms of popularity getting into the game. Plankton, while no slouch either, still has plenty of completion, and suffers due to how tiny he is making people view him as unviable. The two of them combined, however, I belive makes up the majority of likelihood for Spongebob characters.

Mr. Krabs Want - 70%

Plankton Want - 75%

Both are fine to me. Admittedly, they're so expected that it robs them of want from me, but at the same time SpongeBob was one of my childhood favorites. I'd prefer Plankton more, just to see how he could work, but both are fine to me.

John Chance - 5%
Odie Chance - 10%

Garfield is a bit of an odd duck. While no one can deny that the lasagna loving, Monday-hating cat isn't big, the fact that he's yet to actually get a Nicktoon is a bit of an odd debacle. As a result, few people tend to put them on wants or wish lists. Odie is closer to a mascot and seems to gel more with the general vibe of the series thus far, so I'm giving him the edge, but overall I don't have much faith in either.

John Want - 20%
Odie Want - 40%

Garfield is fine as he is right now. I'd rather give htem to other franchises. Odie is slightly more interesting to me, but otherwise I'd rather focus on other characters for now.

Nominations

All go to Sartana of the Dead

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Mr. Krabs
Chance: 63%
Want: 73%

Previously chance rating was 68.33%. Surprised it went down a bit despite Squidward's inclusion!

Plankton
Chance: 39.09%
Want: 60%

Previously chance rating was 66.67%. After the announcement of bosses and a story mode, Plankton's score going down doesn't shock me.

Jon Arbuckle
Chance: 19.5%
Want: 52%

Previously chance rating was 11.56%. Not a huge jump in the grand scheme of things, but speculation for a base roster definitely gave him a little boost. Huge boost in want, though! (from 27%)

Odie
Chance: 47%

Previously chance rating was 22.86%. With a new base game speculation cycle, along with his inclusion in Kart Racers 3, confidence in Odie has really grown!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY OVER

Rate Timmy Turner, Luna Loud, Luan Loud, and Clyde McBride

Predict Otis, Eliza, and Arnold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timmy Turner

Chance: 80% - There's been a lot of lost confidence in Timmy as time has gone on. He wasn't in base NASB1, and didn't make the DLC despite his demand. And many have lost even more confidence due to his lack of presence in the reveal trailer or box art (citing that he'd be a poster addition to the game). Nonetheless, his demand remains strong and the devs know this. With the much bigger budget, I can see the devs working out the rights issues for Timmy in time for the DLC, but its' still up in the air at this point.

Want: 100% - This kid's a staple of my childhood, and a through-and-through Nick superstar. He has loads of moveset potential, and great design, great music, and so much more to offer! No idea what's keeping him out, but he needs to be IN!

Luna Loud, Luan Loud, Clyde McBride

Chance: 50% (Luna), 30% (Luan), 20% (Clyde) - The Loud House is not a series that's popular in the fandom, but a few things have restored my confidence in it getting at least one more rep. Both Luna and Luan made the Top 25 in the most recent poll, a HUGE jump from the previous one, and while I have a few qualms with the scoring system it is evident that fans of those two have become much more vocal. Clyde doesn't have the same benefit, not even receiving any votes or having much demand, but given his track record in previous Nick crossovers he's got corporate backing on his side! We also have another Loud House stage coming in NASB2, that being Loud Castle. We don't know if that will just be Lincoln's stage instead of the tiltular house, but if that stage comes back, its' hard to pinpoint who's home stage it would be (granted, home stages are weird, especially in the case of the Spongebob characters). It relates to all of the Louds (and in a way, Clyde, since his advice was the catalyst that gave Lincoln the idea to bring the Louds to Scotland), but the movie focuses on Lincoln specifically. The other most prominent sibling in the movie (aside from Lily, who I don't see being playable at all) is... Lucy, who brought her own stage back. Outside of that, it doesn't lean towards any particular Loud. Luna's fans tend to be the loudest, and even those who don't favorite her still see her as the logical next choice, so she has the edge over the other two.

Want: 80% (Luna), 90% (Luan), 90% (Clyde) - I love the show, and I love all of them! They all (yes, even Clyde!) have tons of moveset potential that they could bring to the table, and with other shows like Spongebob, TMNT, etc getting new reps I wouldn't want to see The Loud House get left behind! It's longer than Rugrats and FOP, it certainly deserves it! Luna gets 10% docked because of all of the nasty experiences I've had with her fanbase, but outside of that, bring them on!

Nominations:
Concept: No Character Cuts x30

Predictions:
Otis - 85.29%
Eliza - 16.85%
Arnold - 68.74%

Last edited:
I Wish I Could Fight Back!

Chance: 85%
I'm high-balling Timmy's chances here. But I will come out and say it: Whether in the base game or in the DLC season, Timmy Turner would sell the game. That said, with how many times he and his fairies have missed the boat so far, I wouldn't consider him a "lock". I still think he's quite likely to get a slot.

Want: 100%
He's one of the biggest Nicktoon stars around, the original second banana to SpongeBob (not counting Tommy Pickles), and the last OG member of Nicktoons Unite to get in. Of course I would want Timmy Turner in this game! Just please give us a better 3D model for him than what The Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour gave him.

Two Louds and a (Mc)Bride

Luna & Luan Loud:
I'm actually giving them equal chances for a potential third character. They're both memorable enough to sell some copies. Luna has musical equipment, and Luan can tap into her April Fool's self to intentionally fight with rubber chickens and cream pies. However, it's possible Loud Castle is only there to represent the movie, not to add another Loud House fighter to the cast. With that in mind, I would deem them less likely than other already-repped franchise contenders.

Want: 65% (Luna) / 70% (Luan)
Yeah, I'd want either one of them. However, I would want Luan just a little bit more than Luna. I just like the funny ones more.

Clyde McBride:
Chance: 15%
I don't actually consider him a candidate. As far as main characters go, he's not a Loud relative. As far as sidekicks are concerned, Ronnie Anne had her own show to mine for potential. Maybe you can make Clyde a semi-clone for Lincoln, but that might be selling him short for the TLH fans in the audience who've been there for longer.

Maybe it's because I was once an original fan of The Loud House, but dropped off sometime during Season 2 or 3, I wouldn't mind having Clyde in the game, but I also wouldn't complain if he didn't get in.

Nominations:
Usagi Yojimbo x10
Concept: DreamWorks rep x20

Predictions:
Otis: 80% - I'm pretty sure the Perhaps meme is going to be his crouch animation. Change my mind.
Eliza: 19% - I wouldn't bet on her getting in, but she does have a unique moveset from her father.
Arnold: 60% - I think he's pretty likely, but not an expectation just yet.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Timmy Timmy Turner, Wishing for a Burner: 73.50%
In the past, I would've been very, very skeptic about Timmy. We don't know what legal issues are holding him back, but they're clearly pretty big. Just one thing though... paid DLC has been announced before launch. This is a really scummy practice, especially with the mystery grab bag approach, but I can't exactly imagine why they'd do it if there weren't at least one character they couldn't, for whatever reason, get in base, but could still get the rights to - for instance, a character who would require extra royalties.

Want: 30%
Eh. Feels like a completionist pick really. I don't really have an opinion beyond "Jorgen better". I'm more of a 90s Nick fan.

All noms for Scissors (Rock Paper Scissors)

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Timmy turner

If dlc wasn't already announced I think I would have rate him lower, because honestly I don't see himm too much making it in base game. But with the budget and development time being much longer than past modern Nicktoons games, I do have much bigger hope that he's going to make it as dlc. And he's such an obvious pick that I don't see the team not going for him.

Fairly oddparents is one of my favorite Nicktoons and Timmy moveset is just huge. And he's such an obvious pick, even if later seasons were pretty bad he has to be in just to complete the 2000s representation with Jimmy and Aang.

Luna Loud

I'm fairly confident that Loud house is getting a third rep, but I'm not really confident in who the team is going to choose. Luna is arguably the most popular of the Loud sisters after Lucy, but I feel like the team would go with Ember McLain if they really wanted to do a rock music based moveset.

I'm pretty neutral on most Loud house characters, I think she has potential to be fun, but I would need to see her in action for me to be sold on the moveset and her inclusion.

Luan Loud

Chance: 60%

Might be a hot take since most people seems to rally behind Luna being the obvious next Loud sisters, but I'm rating Luan a bit higher. First, I think the gag based moveset is far more unique and the team could push this concept to his limit, like Lucy Loud goth concept that the team use to make her do stuff that she don't really do in the show. And I think that's she's still more than popular enough to be seriously considered by the team.

Again, I don't care too much about Loud house, I put her slightly higher because I think she has more moveset potential but I'm mostly neutral on her inclusion.

Clyde McBride

Chance: 20%

I really don't see the team going with him before Luan and Luna or even before Lynn, Lori or Lana. He's just a very boring character. The only reason why I could see him in the game is if Nick forced them to add him for some reason.

Want: 10%

I really couldn't care less about him. Nothing that he does in the show from my experience scream "moveset potential" and he's just not that interesting unlike most of the Loud sisters.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Timothy Turnstile

Chance: 90%

There's always the chance that we get a different FOP character, or that we are unable to in the first place...but that's an extremely small likelyhood. He could very easily end up as DLC but I really want to believe otherwise, I've never been in a situation where I've needed to ask a company to buy the broadcasting rights to a character from an overseas company (at least I think that's what the situation is) so I can't say for certain if that's something that's feasible in a year or so.

Want: 70%

I certainly watched it as a kid, with the movie episodes being my favorites, but man I just don't like Timmy. I find him kind of annoying. Still, it's a fantastic show with a lot of great jokes and seeing how Wanda and Cosmo are integrated into Timmy's moveset is gonna be really interesting.

Noms: x5 to Johnny Knoxville

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The OTHER buck-toothed Nicktoon character

It's hard to really rate Timmy Turner right now.
For all we know, they're saving him for a big reveal, but at the same time, for all we know, they couldn't get the rights to him yet again.
FOP seems to be getting something of a boost in exposure lately as far as merchandise goes, and Timmy was in that Tennis game, but Kart Racers 3 had no FOP representation at all. Timmy is now THE highest requested character now that Jimbo Nutrimbo is present and accounted for, and that simply cannot be ignored.
There's a strong possibility that they have DLC happening so early because they couldn't get the twerp for base game.
Really, anything is possible, but I'm trending slightly that he might not make it again.
I will say, anyone knocking him points for not being on the boxart, remember there's still that empty spot above Spongebob.

Let's be honest. FOP, in hindsight, isn't that great. I loved it as a kid, but nowadays it barely holds up at best and it's sunk to levels of seasonal rot that I didn't even think were possible. Like holy ****, this show got bad, BAD.
But even someone like me who has fallen out of love with the show can acknowledge that FOP as a whole being entirely missing from what's practically a celebration of Nickelodeon and all of it's zaniness, it's a huge, gaping omission. Fairly OddParents is in the upper echelon of the most important Nicktoons, so it's continued absence is very much felt.
Also, as much as I love this game's insistence on not giving protagonists special treatment, I do think we could use a few heavy hitter iconic Nick characters in this. Timmy Turner fits that bill better than anyone left to add besides a Rugrats baby.

Cheaper by the Dozen minus two

Luna
Want: 80%
Luan
Want: 35%
Clyde
Want: 0%

I haven't watched much Loud House, so here's my quick and breezy thoughts on the matter.

We already got my favorite character, Lucy, and I'd say she's safe as a mainstay from here on out.
My SECOND favorite character, Luna, I think has possibly the best chance to be our next Family Loud representative.
Luna has the coolest vibe and most unique potential for a sick music based moveset. Luna has also made numerous crossover game appearances when it's not Lucy. I think if anyone, it's gonna be her, and I welcome it because I think she kicks ass.

Luan, I can definitely see why people would think she has the better shot. I don't know if I'd say she has more potential than Luna (hell, we already got two pie based attacks in this game). I also personally find her grating, so ehhh, I'm not itching for her to get in over Luna

Clyde is simultaneously the most boring and most annoying character in TLH. His weird crush on Lori, his nosebleed gag, and him basically being a second, less entertaining Lincoln just makes him so irritating, and for this game, he feels like such a dull pick. What could he do that Lincoln doesn't already? And I'm positive Linc is coming back so don't pull that nonsense on me.

Predictions
Otis: 70%
Eliza: 10%
Arnold: 80%

Nominations
Dog Suit GIR: 20
Stick Stickly: 10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Timmy Turnip

Chance: 60%

I think Timmy's best hope is with DLC. The fact that he is nowhere to be seen and that he hasn't had too many crossover appearances recently demonstrates a real concern when it comes to the legal barrier. With the game seemingly having a higher budget and with Timmy's continued high demand though, there is no doubt in my mind that the team will put valiant effort in getting him. I'm not super confident, but I'm still holding out hope for him.

At this point Timmy is now my most wanted character. Nothing here has changed. Fairly OddParents was my second favorite Nick show behind Spongebob so he would round out the roster pretty well for me. There are other characters like El Tigre and Otis that I'm hoping for, but if Timmy got in, I would have no major complaints about the roster at that point.

Loud House characters

Abstain. I've seen the arguments for these characters but I still don't know enough about them to make my own judgement. If you want my general thoughts on the series however, I have no doubt we'll get a third character during this game's cycle. It just makes a lot of sense with the immense success of the show and some of the characters getting a boost in demand.

Predictions:
Otis - 86%
Eliza - 40%
Arnold - 50%

Noms: Bubble Bass xMax

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Clyde is simultaneously the most boring and most annoying character in TLH. His weird crush on Lori, his nosebleed gag, and him basically being a second, less entertaining Lincoln just makes him so irritating, and for this game, he feels like such a dull pick. What could he do that Lincoln doesn't already? And I'm positive Linc is coming back so don't pull that nonsense on me.
Clyde stopped doing the nosebleed gag back in Season 3 (we're on Season 7 now), and his crush on Lori is basically gone. As for what Clyde can do, my original rating for him shows that there's plenty!

Thus, unlike what people think, there's actually a lot of material to center a moveset around, he wouldn't be a Lincoln clone at all. Clyde's main gimmick these days is his cooking skills, and there's plenty of wacky cooking antics to draw inspiration from. There's also ARGGH!, a ghost hunting show Lincoln and Clyde (Clyde ESPECIALLY) adore, so you could easily throw in some of the gadgets they use in ARGGH-themed episodes, along with some Luigi inspiration to round him out. There's even his DODGEBALL RAGE, which at one point in the episode he even fires like a machine gun. Imagine that as a chargeable move?! Even throw in an Up Special like Lincoln's, where he could transform into One-Eyed Jack, Ace Savvy's sidekick!
Yeah, he's not the most interesting choice, but there's way more you can do with him than just "Lincoln Clone" (and even Linc's moveset barely reflects him as a character anyway).

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you have to like him or anything like that, you have every right to hate him. I was just putting in my two cents about the current state of the character and what he can really do.

numerous crossover game appearances
Luna's only major crossover appearance is in Super Brawl Universe as a playable character. Definitely more impressive than a lot of the other siblings, but nowhere near as much special treatment as Lincoln himself, Lucy, or Clyde usually get, especially in GameMill's games.

She also appears as a Pit Crew member in the Kart Racing games, as a cameo on a hole in ULTIMATE Mini-Golf Universe, and as part of Lincoln's moveset in Super Brawl World. But in all of these she's alongside the rest of the sisters, so she isn't given any special treatment there.

Granted, I still think she's the most likely next rep by fan demand, but she isn't anywhere near as prominent in crossovers as people think.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Timbo Tombo the Lovable Rascal
Chance: 80%

Timmy's absolutely a "when, not if" in my book. His omission from the first game was already one of the most glaring, with many still parroting the doctrine of "no Timmy, no buy" to this day. As the star of one of Nick's longest-running and most iconic series, he's seemingly an obvious inclusion, but the fact that he hasn't been seen yet is putting some people off. Personally, I'm still expecting him as the headliner of the Season Pass. Timmy's absolutely a character that would sell gangbusters as DLC since many view the roster as "incomplete" without him, good-faith preorders and people who will buy the DLC anyway aside. People speculate that some sort of rights issues are holding Timmy back, but dare I ask: what rights issues? Do we actually know, or are people just assuming something's wrong based on the fact that he's not here yet? I'll admit his absence in Kart Racers 3 is somewhat concerning, hence why he's not quite a lock just yet, but I doubt the company that holds the distributing rights to a series only in certain territories would constitute some insurmountable barrier preventing a character from said series from showing up in a crossover. If this game passes and Timmy's still not in it, then I'll be convinced some divine magicks are preventing him from getting in for the time being. Even then, I feel the devs will add him as soon as they're able. He's a no-brainer.

I'm in the same boat as LimeTH LimeTH where even though I watched this show religiously as a kid, looking back, it wasn't that good even before it went bad. If we did get a character from it, I'd honestly prefer The Crimson Chin or Mr. Crocker. Still, at this point, I kinda want Timmy in the game just so people can stop arguing and complaining about how he isn't. He's one of the few "obligatory" picks I can get behind for that reason alone. (Besides, a puppet moveset with the fairies actually does sound awesome.)

Abstain on TLH characters since I have nothing to say about them other than that you're a fool if you aren't expecting at least one more.

Otis Prediction: 78%
Between his ever-present demand and him being implicated in a few potential roster leaks so far, confidence in the funny cow seems to be at an all-time high.

Eliza Prediction: 14%
The main-character hype never really came around for Eliza like it did for Jimmy and the Turtles, but she would be the obvious pick for a second Wild Thornberrys rep, which could help her some.

Arnold Prediction: 55%
The main-character hype DID come around for Arnold, and while he's not super highly demanded, what seems to be a second Hey Arnold stage in the trailer has bolstered confidence in him quite a bit.

Noms to Professor Membrane

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Personally, I'm still expecting him as the headliner of the Season Pass. Timmy's absolutely a character that would sell gangbusters as DLC since many view the roster as "incomplete" without him, good-faith preorders and people who will buy the DLC anyway aside. People speculate that some sort of rights issues are holding Timmy back, but dare I ask: what rights issues? Do we actually know, or are people just assuming something's wrong based on the fact that he's not here yet? I'll admit his absence in Kart Racers 3 is somewhat concerning, hence why he's not quite a lock just yet, but I doubt the company that holds the distributing rights to a series only in certain territories would constitute some insurmountable barrier preventing a character from said series from showing up in a crossover. If this game passes and Timmy's still not in it, then I'll be convinced some divine magicks are preventing him from getting in for the time being.
If anything, the DLC pass being announced alongside the game tells me they're trying to at least secure the FOP license for that, if not the base game.

Top Bottom