• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB2 Edition! Day 17: Catscratch Trio

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
gonna abstain as all i know about invader zim is a video of him i saw as kid with robin william's song from fern gully over it. and the song was the bit my friend wanted me to focus on

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
NO! SANTA HAS LET ME DOWN!!
Chance: 25%

Professor Membrane's a bit of a deep cut pick who admittedly has a pretty ancillary role in the actual show, but it's his showing in the movie that puts him on the map. It's by far his most major role to date that has him slinging kamehamehas around and throwing hands with an army of robots, which combined with his inventions could make for quite the robust moveset. He's below GIR, Dib, and Gaz in terms of general importance, but we've seen these devs eschew traditional character hierarchy in the name of cool movesets plenty of times, so I can see Professor Membrane sneaking past his children (and GIR, I guess) on pure "we do what we want" factor. It may not be time for a second Zim rep just yet, but if we do get one, knowing these devs, I genuinely think it's this guy.

Want: 100%

If it weren't for the movie, I wouldn't have even nommed this guy. After seeing it, though... god damn, I NEED to main him. Professor Membrane was hands-down the best part of Enter the Florpus for a lot of people, myself included, and the kickass action scenes are part of that. He's now my biggest pipe-dream pick (other than maybe a certain potted tree), and if we can get him in this game, I'll die a happy man. As soon as we have Otis and Krabs in the game, I will be Professor Membrane's strongest soldier. I mean, you CANNOT tell me you don't want this at least a little bit.
Like, come ON.
(Also, I forgot until it was mentioned here that this guy is voiced by Squidward. That honestly makes me want him more.)

Zuko Prediction: 39%
This one's gonna be awkward.

Noms to Otis

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Science Dad
Chance: 15%
He's a funny dad and a mad scientist, which are pretty good points in his favor. I just don't see IZ being very high on the newcomer priority list. Even then he has competition with the rest of his family and GIR (assuming he's not part of Zim's moveset again). Like any potential character, though, he could happen.

Want: 65%
He's not really someone I'd actively campaign to appear as DLC, but I wouldn't mind his inclusion at all. He's cool as heck and I'm sure he'd be super fun to play as.

Zuko prediction: 20%
- If this were 3 weeks ago, this prediction would've been 79% higher
Daily noms go to Miko Kubota

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Professor Membrane
Chance: 17.4%
Want: 51.25%
Previous chance score was a 9.58%. Not sure what made his score go up, though the continued introduction of bigger characters moves more obstacles out of the way for the smaller ones.

Winner of the prediction is M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye with 15%! You get 25 Extra Noms!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY OVER

Rate Zuko

Predict Miko Kubota

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zuko

Chance: 30% - I still have hope that he could come as DLC. Even if the devs are different, GameMill's recently made Zuko DLC in Kart Racers 3. They're aware he's an extremely popular character that people would pay for ala carte, so they could be saving him for DLC once again. There's also the matter of Toph, who has no evidence of inclusion in the game's roster, potentially freeing up some more space for Avatar. However, if the season pass passes by and we don't see Zuko, then he's in hot water. Most Nick crossover games typically are light on the Avatar cast, and if they have multiple reps outside of solo Aang/just Aang and Korra (the most notable example being Nicktoons MLB), they will use one character of each element. Azula took the Fire Nation slot, and while the devs do like to break trends, I don't know what their intentions will be here. Considering the amount of work they have to do and things they have to remake, they may see two separate firebender movesets as a waste of resources. And it even gets worse for Zuko. It looks like his fan demand is going down. While there are plenty of Zukobros upset or disappointed by the outcome, I've seena LOT of people turning around and saying that Azula's inclusion makes Zuko """redundant""". One of the game's most demanded characters had a lot of **** go south for him, so we'll have to keep an eye on that season pass.

Want: 100% - How can I say no to Zuko?! He's been one of my most wanted since the first game was announced and is one of Nickelodeon's most iconic and beloved characters! He's got a mix of swordplay, dancing dragon firebending, and all sorts of other interesting tools to easily differentiate him from his sister. He's one of my favorite Nick characters and he more than deserves to be here! It'd even be cool if he could redirect lightning by blocking while a thunder attacks is within a certain distance from him! There's really a lot you can do with him, and he doesn't deserve to get snubbed for his obnoxious little sister, even if they are prioritizing villains (an argument that will lose a lot of credibility if Shredder gets cut).

Nominations:
Arnold x10

Predictions:
Miko - 49.17% - Given the character selection of the base game and the devs seeming penchant for representation, I can see some confidence in her taking a DLC slot.

Last edited:
DRAGON UP!
Chance: 40%
If the leak's true, then another Fire Nation official took his spot. Even if it is, the first character showcase seemingly deconfirms Mr. Krabs, so Zuko could make it in as a fan favorite DLC fighter. And if multiple benders are on the table, the Northern Water Tribe would be the most pleased.

Want: 85%
Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation isn't a major fan favorite for no reason. I'm pretty sure fan reactions are what led to his heel-face turn to the light side, even back in 2005. This high want of mine is mainly for completion's sake, but who am I to refuse someone else's most wanted Nicktoon?

Predictions:
Miko: 30% - It may be an uphill climb "thanks" to her status as a more recent Nicktoon protagonist, but the Glitch Techs fanbase is so devoted that she may have a shot at the fight this time.

Nominations:
Catscratch Trio x5
Dora (Dora the Explorer) x5
Concept: Monster High rep x5
Vladimir (MLAATR) x5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yeah, this whole thing's going under a spoiler tag.
Chance: 20%

Yikes. Things went south for the Fire Prince FAST. Once considered a lock, he seems to have gotten the Arnold treatment now that his sister's in the game. That doesn't make him impossible by any means, but like... OUCH, man. I'm honestly expecting him to show up on the new Avatar stage since, as we saw today with Mr. Krabs, they aren't afraid of giving popular characters stage cameos if they aren't playable. Zuko is still one of the most beloved villains-turned-hero in all of fiction, so I do see him as an eventuality, but for this game in particular... I dunno.

Want: 55%

No special attachment to him or his series, but Zuko's an incredibly popular character for a reason and probably should be in the game. I really hope this dude doesn't go the way of Arnold going forward. I mean, he HAS a model they could reuse from Kart Racers 3 if they wanted to. Give the people what they want!

Miko Prediction: 38%
This is a pick that would strictly appeal to the game's hardcore fanbase, but with only four known DLC slots, there may be bigger fish to fry.

Noms to Otis

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Your scar's on the wrong side

like ze diglett (who's avatar makes me want to call him monsieur wiglett) this is going in spoilers

Chances: 25% it all comes down to dlc. i'm certainly onboard with thinking azula has snubbed him. so i think his best shot will be for dlc but even then i can't be certain cause before we all thought he was a dead cert and now look. it is likely that azula was added for the sake of having villains so perhaps zuko is still the most likely out of the remaining cast. but then i was wrong about plankton and mr krabbs so i'm probably wrong

Want: 80% he'd be a solid inclusion. i'm a sort of fan of avatar even since i first watched it largely through my wii u game pad so there's few characters from the series i'd object to. and while sokka would be my most wanted due to being a sucker for the comic relief character i wouldn't be upset about him getting left out in favour of zuko. again he'd be a solid choice to have. plus his super could be him summoning a dragon and who doesn't want to see spongebob roasted alive? no? just me squidworth?

any noms to count duckula

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
I'm sure everyone reading this thread has already seen the leaks, but whatever.
You know, if the Avatar newcomer was someone like Sokka or Katara, I'd still give him a pretty high chance score. But instead the devs went for Azula, a major Avatar character with fire powers that isn't Zuko, so now I'm not too sure. I haven't Avatar, so I'm sure he has a lot of abilities and whatnot that sets him apart Azula. At this point I feel like he'll just end up being a stage cameo character like Mr. Krabs, but maybe he could become DLC at some point.

Want: Abstain
Once again, i haven'twatched Avatar yet.
Miko prediction: 40% - This will be an interesting one
Daily noms go to Dirk Dinkum

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Prince Zuko
Chance: 28%
Want: 80%
Previous chance score was a 82.13%. MAN did he plummet! He was the top character in terms of chance score, but Azula's inclusion really messed things up... Granted, he's still Top 10, but a lot of people have lost confidence in his inclusion. Want remains about the same, though, despite all of the calls from fans now that he's "redundant", so I'm glad he at least gets to keep his place there!

Winner of the prediction is DaUsername DaUsername with 20%! You get 5 Extra Noms!

DAY OVER

Rate Miko Kubota

Predict Otis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miko

Chance: 15% - I think she has a solid shot. The devs seemingly love gender balance in their rosters, and she's one of the more prominent female characters in the fandom. Plus, her demand base is still going strong, even if it is niche, so I can see a timeline where she takes a DLC slot. Still, several big requests didn't make the base game, and with the possibility of DLC slots containing cut veterans she still has a lot of competition to worry about. Alongside this, Nick doesn't really care about the Glitch Techs brand, booting it to Netflix and in general not acknowledging it these days. Unlike shows like Teenage Robot, Jimmy Neutron, El Tigre, etc, Nick hasn't responded to any growing interest in Glitch Techs, so I don't know how enthusiastic they'd be about giving it a DLC slot. Especially when the show is basically cancelled and they'd possibly have to pay a check to Netflix. Overall, carried by fan demand but marred by competition and lack of interest from Nick.

Gonna quote my last rating of her for Want:
Want: 5% - Now, I do appreciate the research that went into Glitch Techs, and I'm sure she's a pretty good character in the actual show. But I just have little desire to see her join the roster. First, bigger priorities, I have no connection to the show and there's loads of 2000's characters on my wishlist (and if we get more 2010's I wanna see more Loud House or a Dreamworks rep). Furthermore, while she has a cute design, I'm gonna be blunt: so much of Miko's popularity comes from waifu appeal and R34. In some ways she feels almost....manufactured (though it likely wasn't intentional). Technicolor-haired great at games cute and energetic Japanese girl with a very go-getter personality. Totally not something Japan itself hasn't already worn out the welcome of. There's also the matter of fact that the show is just too NEW, we haven't seen the legacy or longevity it will have, and prioritizing it over bigger and more lynchpin shows (especially when shows like Fairly OddParents aren't even in yet) just feels wrong. I'd say the same thing about shows like Middlemost Post and Its' Pony as well. and even before that, I was saying this about characters like Zagreus back in the Smash days. If Glitch Techs reaches Zim levels then I can definitely see the reason to add Miko or Five in a future entry. But right now? I just have no reason to want Miko to join the roster, and I'm sick of waifu characters always getting priority.
Nominations:
Arnold x10

Predictions:
Otis
- 78.85% - He still has all of his old advantages, and while he failed to make the base roster he's still an extremely popular and memetic pick that I can easily see taking a DLC slot.

Last edited:
Nick's Own Mabel Pines (NOMP)
Chance: 10%
Despite the Glitch Techs fanbase, it still needs time to germinate like the Zim or MLAATR fandoms have. With that said, if we don't have any cut veterans, and if all the DLC is for new franchises, I could see her get in the quartet. But since those are two big hurdles, maybe now's not Miko's time.

Want: 50%
Potayto, potahto. I'd be happy for her fans, but I'm not as aware of the show as others. Unfortunately, that may prove Nick and Netflix right in the long run, which isn't something people like to do often. If she gets in, yes. If she doesn't, that's fine.

Nominations:
Snap x10

Predictions:
Otis: 75% - Ever since DLC for the first game came out, the demand for Otis has grown exponentially. As such, I actually see him getting in the game unironically.

Also, should we prepare for a Base Game Satisfaction rating when it comes out?

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Me_K.O.
In a recent fan poll, she managed to get third place so she definitely has fan demand going in her favor. Unfortunately, fan demand isn't everything, and I'm not too sure about her chances otherwise. I feel that even if the devs wanted anyone from Glitch Techs to be playable (which is already pretty unlikely), Nick would just reject the idea. "Why would we want to promote a show that we canceled before it even premiered and never actually aired on Nickelodeon? Who cares if the show was actually good, I'm a TV executive, I hate good things."
But who knows, maybe a miracle will happen.

My most wanted character. I think she'd have a great moveset and be super fun to play as. I mainly want her in because Glitch Techs is one of my favorite Nick shows of all-time and I feel it should have the recognition it deserves.
It would be kinda sad if the Nicktoon about video games never got represented in any of the actual Nicktoon video games.

Otis prediction: 80% - Do I think Otis is likely? Perhaps.
Daily noms go to Dirk Dinkum.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Miko
Chance: 16.66%
Want: 51.66%
Previous chance score was a 17.25%.

Winner of the prediction is M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye with 30%! You get 5 Extra Noms!

DAY OVER

Rate Otis

Predict Stick Stickly and Sartana of the Dead (El Tigre)

Otis

Chance: 80% -
It genuinely shocked me that Otis did not make the base roster, especially after seeing the picks that DID. Nevertheless I'm still confident in him being DLC. His demand has remained strong since the previous game's prerelease, and he's by far one of the most demanded new series rep newcomers. The devs know that he would absolutely sell as a DLC slot, and I feel they may have reserved some of their heavy hitters for it. The only real issue is Nick's general lack of acknowledgement of the Barnyard franchise, but I doubt they'd say no if the devs asked for him. We also got other new franchise reps in the base roster like El Tigre and the Angry Beavers, so I'm confident that he'll be a priority soon enough!

Want: 100% - Otis would make for a godly DLC pick! Barnyard in general is a big meme with my friends and I, and we'd have an absolute blast with Otis being on the roster! Not much else to say since last time, but his demand has endured several speculation cycles so he's more than earned his place on the roster.

Nominations:
Arnold x10

Predictions:
Stick Stickly - 6.28%
Sartana of the Dead - 2.96%

Otis
Chance: 75%
I am practically certain that Otis is one of our DLC characters. The idea that this pass is only Season 1 only strengthens the cow's chances. Plus, Back at the Barnyard was one of the few late-2000s Nicktoons to be successful, up there with The Mighty B! and Penguins of Madagascar. He's definitely in the sequel in SOME capacity.

Want: 90%
Now, do I personally want him in?
Perhaps - Meming Wiki

Low hanging fruit aside, yes. I do want Otis the Cow in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. Through a combination of childhood nostalgia and not having a least favorite in fighting game speculation, I want him to be playable. The guy could somehow be wackier than Hugh Neutron, if that's even possible.

Predictions:
Stick Stickly: 2% - Almost certainly a meme pick, but I'm not too keen on his odds.
Sartana of the Dead: 0% - We haven't gotten El Tigre revealed yet, so why would Sartana be likely?

Nominations:
Mighty Mouse x3
Gnorm Gnat x2
Mermaid Man x2
Kappa Mikey x2
Ed (Good Burger) x2
Parker J. Cloud x2
Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty (RBUK) x2

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Chance: 90%
Otis is one of the only characters I'd consider to be likely. He's been a consistently popular fan request since the first game was announced and there doesn't seem to be anything preventing his inclusion. I think he's a pretty obvious choice for a DLC character.

Hahaha funny meme cow. But seriously, Barnyard is a pretty good movie/show that has somehow been mostly ignored by the Nick games and I would like to see that get rectified. Also I'm sure he'd be fun to play as and whatnot.

Stick prediction: 4%
Sartana prediction: 0.1%
Noms: Rudy (ChalkZone) x10

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The Funny Cow Deluxe
Chance: 90%

Otis is the one character I'd give a near-certainty of showing up in this game at some point. The demand for him's been provably there since before NASB1 was out, and with the addition of heavy-hitters like Jimmy and Squidward, this cow has risen decidedly to the top of the rankings. He may not fall in that 90's sweetspot of dev nostalgia, but he's got appeal for pretty much all age groups. 2000's kids grew up with Barnyard, and even zoomers will recognize him as the funny Perhaps cow. (The devs could even cash in on the meme hype by making his crouch animation the "Perhaps" pose. C'mon, tell me that's NOT hilarious.) Of all remaining candidates, Otis is one of those with the widest appeal, fitting the vibe of lighthearted, at times irreverent whimsy that this game and Nickelodeon as a whole embody. I'd even put him above Timmy since he doesn't carry any potential logistical baggage with him. Simply put, they'd be fools not to add him.

Otis is probably my most wanted by this point. Back at the Barnyard was legitimately one of my favorite shows to catch when it was on, and the wealth of memes about it more than speaks for itself. My friends and I watched Barnyard a while back, and it's been a big in-joke with us for years since. I might not even dig how he plays since he'd probably be a weird heavyweight, but if Otis is in the game, that's enough for me.
Oh, and I really want his super to be this.
voatis.gif

Stick Stickly Prediction: 10%
This guy could sneak in as a "WTF" pick, but overall, his odds of getting in this game are pretty slim.

Sartana Prediction: 1%
I haven't seen El Tigre and have no idea who this is, but if we aren't even at Manny himself yet, I doubt the prospect of a side character from his series.

Noms to Concept: DreamWorks character

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
abstain. i had a write up planned based on my own perceived notion of how they feel about movie characters. however i'd forgotten jimmy was a movie character so that threw it out of wack

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Otis
Chance: 83.75%
Want: 97.5%
Previous chance score was a 73.16%. Otis defends his #1 spot in Chance! And it does not shock me that his score rose, now that so many other heavy hitters have made the roster, and his widespread appeal makes him a great DLC pick!

Winner of the prediction is DaUsername DaUsername with 80%! You get 20 Extra Noms!

DAY OVER

Rate Stick Stickly and Sartana of the Dead (El Tigre)

Predict Dirk Dinkum

Stick Stickly

Chance: 5% -
I've occasionally seen some demand for him, some jokingly and some serious. But even with his status as a 90's icon, there's way bigger fish to fry. For the 90's people want either more Rugrats or Doug, and we don't even know if we're getting CatDog back! Furthermore, the guys a popsicle stick. Unless he can summon objects or something there's basically no moveset potential on his end. And I don't think a fairly but rarely requested character's gonna snag a DLC spot, even with the team's love of WTF picks.

Want: 10% - He'd be great as an alternate announcer, given his importance in Nick's history, but as a full-on fighter and a DLC slot at that? No thanks...

Sartana of the Dead

Chance: 5% -
We just got El Tigre himself, so I don't see them double-dipping right away. Alongside that, I've never seen anyone request her until now. Even if Vexus doesn't have the same backing Jenny got, at least the core Teenage Robot fandom is still actively requesting her, something Sartana hasn't (yet) gotten from El Tigre's fans. She IS the main villain of the show, though, and this IS a game focused on adding villains. But with Shredder potentially gone, priorities towards villains from bigger Nicktoons, and her not showing up on the Amazon key art leak (which showed every newcomer), I just don't have much confidence from her. And even for a second El Tigre rep there's been much more demand for White Pantera (Manny's father) and Puma Loco (Manny's grandfather) anyway, so competition is tough. Really, unless El Tigre's inclusion jumpstarts more demand for other El Tigre characters I just don't see her happening anytime soon.

Want: 40% - There's other shows I'd rather see get second and third reps first, but from what I can tell Sartana is a very cool villain. I love the whole aesthetic she has going for her and I think it would translate to a very novel fighter!

Nominations:
Arnold x10
Lynn Loud Jr. x10

Predictions:
Dirk Dinkum - 1.85% - Sure, he's a meme character, but he's only from a couple of Garfield Show specials and not particularly notable even as a meme. He feels like Biggie Cheese in that regard.

Last edited:
New York City, New York State, 10108
Chance: 2%
I don't see Stick Stickly happening. Not a chance. First off, practically no one has requested him. Second, there are better candidates from his decade you could go with, like a Rugrat. Third, you'd probably pull something trying to imagine a fighting popsicle stick. At least Hornet made some sense in Fighters Megamix.

Want: 10%
I know I'm overshooting my want score, but I'd still put him down the list of my wanted characters. I will say that PapaGeno's would scream in delight if this happened.

Sartana of the Dead
Chance: 0%
There's a chance we could be Grinched for this roster, and even if that leak was true, the position of a second El Tigre rep would be better suited to one of his forefathers. Heck, even Frida would be more remembered than Sartana, so this character's best bet is if the show gets four characters in. Basically, even Stick Stickly has greater chances.

Want: Abstain
I'm pulling in my first abstain on this one. I don't know who this character even is.

Predictions:
Dink Dinkum: 0% - Another "literal who" pick, but this time I don't even know where the guy came from. Not a good sign.

Nominations:
Sam Manson x10

By the way, Ed from Good Burger is listed twice on the main post. I think he actually has seven votes.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Predictions:
Dink Dinkum: 0% - Another "literal who" pick, but this time I don't even know where the guy came from. Not a good sign.

Nominations:
Sam Manson x10

By the way, Ed from Good Burger is listed twice on the main post. I think he actually has seven votes.
dirk is a character from a couple of episodes of the Garfield show and is only really popular because of a meme from a few !months ago

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
An actual, literal popsicle stick... 2!
Chance: 5%

Nope. Still too early. I do think Stickly could make sense as an eventual "retro" pick given his status as Nick's OG mascot of sorts, but when we're still waiting on iconic Nick series and characters to be added to the game, I don't think now's the time. There are just too many obvious picks that'd come before him. Maybe if this game gets like, 3+ DLC seasons, I can see this guy happening, but for now... no.

Want: 10%

Seeing a popsicle stick hop around the stage smacking people with various props would be kinda funny. Beyond that, I have no familiarity with this guy and no real desire to see him in the game. (The memes about him menacing the roster would be pretty funny, though.)

Abstain on Sartana. Apparently he's not a side character, so my bad on that front.

Dirk Dinkum Prediction: 0.69%
NOBODY LIKES TO BE, HATED BY THE POPULATION

Noms to Concept: DreamWorks character

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Sartana
Chance: 0.1%
Honestly, El Tigre being in is already a Miracle in itself, but a second character? Yeah, I doubt it. Even then, I don't really think Sartana is the super obvious next choice, either. Someone like Frida or one of Manny's family members could easily end up getting in before her.
Abstain want. Also abstaining from Stick.

Dirk prediction: 1%
Noms: Snap x10, Rudy x10

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey, there’s no joke on this stick

chances: 0% in my attempts to research this character I could find no reason to think otherwise. I can certainly see why people would be found of him and how he’s probably a meme. But I feel that’s also true for a lot of nick characters and I struggled to find anything that made him stand out. now that’s probably due to my poor research but it’s all I got.

want: 15% the part of me that likes crazy things lights up at this idea. The thought of an ice lolly stick fighting people like shredder and korra is quite an amusing image. So part of me would be for it but I have no attachment to the character so can’t really go to high. some of the stuff I saw gave me ardman vibes.

noms to duckula

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Stick Stickly
Chance 3%
Want: 11.25%
Previous chance score was a 13%.

Winner of the prediction is both DaUsername DaUsername and M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye with 4% and 2% respectively! You both get 10 Extra Noms!

Sartana of the Dead
Chance: 1.7%
Want: 40% (only one vote for want)

Winner of the prediction is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett with 1%! You get 15 Extra Noms!

DAY OVER

Rate Dirk Dinkum

Predict Arnold and Count Duckula

Dirk Dinkum

Chance: 1% -
This guy's become somewhat notable lately due to him becoming a meme. And while the devs love both memes and Garfield, we know that he's not on the key art leak, and that Season 1 for the DLC was already chosen (which hurts him due to his meme's recency). Even then, there's no serious demand for him, he feels like Biggie Cheese in that regard where a meme is the main thing going for him. Granted, he's still a step above, but his only appearances are as the main villain of two Garfield Show specials. Thus he's hardly a Garfield mainstay, and he has to compete with the much-requested Jon and Odie. I really don't see this guy unless they decide to pull a villain from every series at some point.

Want: 20% - He's funny, and would make for an interesting choice if they wanted to add a villain rep for Garfield, but if we want more villains there's loads of other choices that make more sense, and I'd really rather see Odie and Jon first.

Nominations:
Lynn Loud Jr. x10

Predictions:
Arnold - 4.18% - Helga's more than likely coming back, and we got Gerald and ****ing Grandma Gertie of all people as newcomers, so it seems they're doubling down on the "Arnold is a Pacifist mentality". Thus I expect some super low scores.

Count Duckula - 0.73% - Not expecting good scores for him either. Most people don't remember him, nor does anything from that era of Nick have any fan demand.

Last edited:
Dink Dinkum
Chance: 0%
Don't expect this guy to show up anytime soon. Heck, the meme was the first time I've ever heard of him.

Want: 0%
Why would I want Dink Dinkum when there are literally a dozen other Garfield characters in front of him? Odie, Jon, Binky, Nermal, Arlene, Squeak, Lyman, Doc Boy, Irma, Liz, Herman Post, Vito, The Buddy Bears, Al Swindler, Orson, Roy, Wade, Lanolin, Booker, Bo, Sheldon.

I know those last seven are from US Acres, but Dink is honestly the last in line for a spot. Even below those guys.

Nominations:
Kaput and Zosky x10

Predictions:
Arnold: 3% - If his own grandmother is getting in before him, then Arnold won't be getting in for a long while. And that's a shame.

Count Duckula: 2% - I mainly voted for him because he's technically the first Nicktoon, but they're not ready to hear that yet.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Chance: 1%

This guy pretty much only gets in if they wanna take the meme crown from Hugh. He's a character who's only shown up in a few episodes of The Garfield Show, putting him below even Binky the Clown in terms of TV-exclusive Garfield characters. The only thing putting this guy on anyone's radar is his weird, random villain song that went around as a meme a few months back. While that was certainly a fun little moment in internet history, it's not enough to put Dirk in contention unless they really decide Grandma Gertie wasn't "WTF" enough.

Want: 70%

...it WOULD be pretty funny, though. As much as it sucks, I do kinda love this guy's song in a "so bad it's good" kinda way (like a lot of The Garfield Show and its adjacent products). You could theoretically make a moveset for him just based on stuff he does in the song, even if it'd be really basic and incohesive. Besides, there would something kinda brilliant about a character this remote getting in from one of the most heavily syndicated brands on Earth. Should it happen? Objectively, probably not. Would it get a laugh out of me? Hell. Yes.

Arnold Prediction: 5%
Hooooo BOY.

Count Duckula Prediction: 1%
Who...?

Putting 50 noms toward Patchy the Pirate

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Chance - 0%
The chances of Garfield getting a second character already feel fairly slim, but a character who has only shown up in a few episodes of one show and who is only known because of a meme that most people have already forgot about? Yeah. No chance. If Garfield did get a second rep we'd be much more likely to get Odie or Jon, Nermal even, heck we'd probably get Binky before him. We all know the devs love their memes, see Hugh or Grandma Gertie, but this feels like a step too far. Do Nick even own the Garfield show?

Want - 6% - I mean. It'd be funny. I'm not opposed to funny \ meme picks but this is just so flavour of the month that I can't really get behind it. I guess they could give him a fun moveset with all his poaching tools and just hi m being cruel, but there's so much other stuff i'd prefer

Arnold - 4% - with two characters from his show already in and the fate of Helga currently up in the air I'm not expecting confident scores, but not all zeroes.

Duckula - 1.8% - Technicaly the first Nicktoon, but being an older British show that is in the shadow of the more famous Danger Mouse, I can't see it.

Noms to Rocket Power (Otto \ Reggie)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Wasn't this a bad guy in the timon and pumba series?

Chances: 0% as it was said earlier it'd only happen if they're wanting to out hugh, hugh. considering how the fandom doesn't seem that enthusiastic about the inclusion of the major garfield characters i find it hard to believe there's much for a character from one of the tv series. and i don't think the meme argument holds any water in this case. sure there's characters who are here for the memes but they're much bigger and more well spread that even those of us who can't stand memes have heard of them. so there isn't really anything tangible for the inclusion.

Want: 0% i may be a massive garfield fan but that's for the comics. a character i have no attachment to and i find less funny that the nearly everyone else in the franchise. i mean if you put him in the game it'd be like, if you'll pardon the smash comparison, if piranha plant got in before luigi. and i feel the novelty of such a character would ware off very fast. so the positives are basically non-existent. especially if the one die hard garfield fan on here is saying it's a bad idea

i'll come back with nom ideas later

Top Bottom