• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
Lord Ghirahim
25.14% chance (was 18.13%)
51.89% want (was 56.58%)

Interesting! The Demon Lord's chances increased substantially in his first appearance in the post-Robin world, but his want has decreased by an almost equal amount. Ghirahim's popularity here has always fluctuated almost as much as the demon's mood; it started in the thirty percent range before climbing up to the upper fifties; it seems that it's now turned into a downward spiral. Interesting!

Brain Age Stage
36.42% chance
49.13% want

So, what's your Brain Age. I forget what mine used to be. Does that mean I need to start playing again? My brain hurts from trying to think of material.

Today we'll be discussing two characters pretty important to Nintendo's immediate future. First is Bayonetta; this witch has been one of the key players in the majority of Nintendo Directs for the last year. Second is one of the Inklngs, the characters that star in E3 sensation Splatoon. Please rate Bayonetta and Inkling in chance and want.

The Monado won't work for a bunch of losers like you, so Metal Face will be coming to destroy us all tomorrow. Additionally, we're talking about Rundas from the Ridley franchise. Please predict how a Metal Face Boss (Xenoblade) and Rundas (Metroid) will do.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Bayonetta

Chance: 65%

Her rating may seem a bit low, but I put it at this because I think we will be capped at 3 Third party characters.

Want: 75%

I don't mind her in the slightest. Her moveset would be nice, original, fun to execute, and quirky in all aspects.

Inkling

Chance: 45%

I don't think they have a good chance to be honest and that is mainly because of what time they might have been in development. If a character did not have an ample amount of time of being made before Sakurai looked for possible candidates, then that character has no chance.

Want: 100%

This may seem odd, but I really like them. They are a huge step forward for a Genre that Nintendo rarely tackles and the possibilities of moveset potential are endless. Plus their designs are really snazzy.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Bayonetta:
Chances: 1%
Want: 40%

-Inkling:
Chances: 1%
Want: 5%

-Metal Face Boss Prediction: 42,5%

-Rundas Prediction: 2,8%
-Nominations: Bandana Dee X5
Yeah, I just said that, the game will be released soon.
What do you think @ Groose Groose ? If you don't like this idea, I will change my nominations.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
^^Don't worry, nobody will be complaining your Bayonetta rating is too low

Bayonetta:

Chance: 2%
Very small. I think she deserves it and I'd love to see her, but we have a prominent trio established with our current 3rd parties, and she doesn't exactly fit. It'd be weird to see Snake leave and her join, even though I truly believe she deserves it.
Yea, I like this. I don't care if she's sexualized, she has a lot of potential and I'd love to see how she'd translate to Smash. She could be very unique, gotta problem with that? >:0

Inkling:
Chance: 0.5%
I just don't even see how this is possible. DLC, yes. Otherwise, I can't even picture how...
Want: 90%
Hell yea!

These are both characters I find very interesting, would love to see, but doubt completely.

x3 Cia
x2 Lana
x0 Brash Dee and Owain tag-team

Pre:
Metal Face Boss: 10%?
Rundas: 1.7% Adam #2 in chance, but I think he'll at least break 20% want.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Bayonetta
Chance for Smash Wii U/3DS - 0%
She's not owned by Nintendo, it's doubtful any more third-party characters are getting in, and there are other 3rd party characters getting in before her if more even come.

Chance for Smash 5 - 20%
If Bayonetta 2 is successful and the series remains on Nintendo consoles and/or Nintendo buys the company (was it Platinum Games?), I could see it happening.

Want - 60%
She could definitely be fun and interesting, and it would be nice to have a more mature game represented.

Inkling
Chance for Smash Wii U/3DS - 5%
It's one thing to get characters from games that were in development when the roster was being decided and were released before this game; another to get a character from a game that was only announced when this game was nearing completion.

Chance for Smash 5 - 50%
If the game is successful and gets more titles, I think we can definitely see some representation.

Want - 30%
I know Smash as a series is all fanservice and half commercial, but the inclusion of one of these would just scream "NEW GAME. BUY IT." They DO look interesting, though, so I wouldn't mind too much.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Bayoneta:
Chance: 0%, not going to happen.
Want: 0%, I don't care for her and don't like her. Sorry Bayoneta fans. The series does not appeal to me at all.

Inkling:
Chance: 0%, I'd say its safe that they're not going to be playable.
Want: 55%, they look cool. I wouldn't mind them for the next Smash, but they won't be playable this time.

Nominations:
Sami x5, just to get her up to about the top.

@ Groose Groose , I noticed that Four Fire Emblem Characters has x5. I think that can safely be removed from the list since it DID happen... Or are nominations just not removed?

Bayonetta
Chance for Smash Wii U/3DS - 0%
She's not owned by Nintendo, it's doubtful any more third-party characters are getting in, and there are other 3rd party characters getting in before her if more even come.

Chance for Smash 5 - 20%
If Bayonetta 2 is successful and the series remains on Nintendo consoles and/or Nintendo buys the company (was it Platinum Games?), I could see it happening.

Want - 60%
She could definitely be fun and interesting, and it would be nice to have a more mature game represented.

Inkling
Chance for Smash Wii U/3DS - 5%
It's one thing to get characters from games that were in development when the roster was being decided and were released before this game; another to get a character from a game that was only announced when this game was nearing completion.

Chance for Smash 5 - 50%
If the game is successful and gets more titles, I think we can definitely see some representation.

Want - 30%
I know Smash as a series is all fanservice and half commercial, but the inclusion of one of these would just scream "NEW GAME. BUY IT." They DO look interesting, though, so I wouldn't mind too much.
Sega owns the Bayoneta IP, though.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I want to give my take on Ghirahim's chances.

100% if we're getting six Zelda characters and of course the 5th character being the returning Ganondorf.

Morbi

Scavenger
Bayonetta Chance: 0.1%
This is the default score that I give to most third-party characters unless they have something exceptional going for them. Unfortunately, Bayonetta is a victim of circumstance.

Bayonetta Want: 80%
She would be something else, would she not? I would not be opposed to her inclusion and I was quite fond of her game.

Inkling Chance: 10%
Nintendo is marketing Splatoon to a significant extent and there is a lot of observable move-set potential to be had; however, I am not entirely sure if they resonate with Smash or if Sakurai was aware of their existence when the roster was finalized.

Inking Want: 33%
I am split between want, do not want, and indifferent. So I just went with the most politically correct score.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Bayonetta

Chance: 65%

Her rating may seem a bit low,
Um, 65% is not low, at all ... you're saying she's more likely than getting head/tails on a coin toss. That's super likely.

Ok, my ratings now I suppose.

Bayonetta
Chance - 0%
Third party; not historic or iconic like other third parties; most of the want is based on the recent event of Nintendo supporting the sequel and not on the merits of the character as a video game icon.
In short, I think it makes no sense and I do not understand why during this whole speculation period people even consider her an option. I seriously don't get it.

Want - 0%
no
No
NO

Come on guys, if we want to ask for characters that Nintendo happens to support in recent days for whatever reason, then let's at the least ask for something unique and interesting like, idk, Shovel Knight.
All the things that make Bayonetta Bayonetta are things that would have to be toned down in the game just for her to be playable. So no, I don't see her as adding much aside from final smash potential and ridiculous sexualization.
Heck, I don't even think she's important enough for just a trophy.
Again, I seriously DO NOT GET why she's been considered so much by people everywhere.

Inkling
Chance - 0%
We don't even know if the characters existed before the roster was settled. Just as a reminder, the main idea of what the roster would be like was figured out more than a year ago, before last year's E3. And even recent stuff was planned in certain ways, like the greninja slot was known as a sixth gen pokemon slot.
I don't even think the Splatoon development team had even gone to the aquarium before any of that happened. I don't think the idea of inklings even existed back then. We could even say the idea of Splatoon didn't exist back then.

Want - 0%
Now, let me be clear: I'm hyped about Splatoon. It looks fun, I like the character designs ... I like it. I think it's a great new IP.
HOWEVER, I see no purpose in including them in Smash. They haven't even had their game yet, we don't know how the game is going to do or how huge or small the series might be.
Seriously, let the series develop first, let it live by its own expectations, and let time show us how smash-worthy it might become. There's already so many characters from so many EXISTING series that have not been repped, why are we thinking already of inclusion of a series that hasn't even come out yet?

Predictions
Metal Face (boss) - 16%
wow, that'd be sweet
Forgot the other one - 100%

Nominations
x5 Tag Team Battles

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta chance: 3%
nah not at this point

Want: 55%
It was higher, but then I played the game. the game is great... but I no longer want her.

Inkling chance: 1%
Sorry guys, I really doubt it was that far in/in development at the time.

Want: 20%
I usually am purely character based with rating this segment. I do have two acceptations to this rule

1) Ridley, because I support this bizarre underdog in all its doing, but I never cared enough in game.

2) Inkling, because of its overhyped, completely unnecessary hype. I mean, they where JUST shown at E3 guys. Can't this wait till smash 5 and we can see if the series sinks or floats?

Nominations sami x5
Nominations:
Sam x5,.
... -i?

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Playable Inkling: 5%
People always bring up the argument that characters can't be added into the game because their games are to recent. This is a terrible argument, as we have no idea how the planning process goes for games in Nintendo, and how they relay those plans to Sakurai for Smash.
With Inklings however, I think it is safe to say that they are probably a bit to recent to make it in on the initial roster. Could be assist trophies, or they could be DLC, but there are too many new Nintendo IP's that would receive characters before them, Dillon's Rolling Western, Wonderful 101, Xenoblade, etc. We will almost certainly get Shulk, maybe Wonder Red, but I think that would be it.

Want: 10%
Could be cool, but if we get a paint based moveset I want Bowser Jr. or Adeline. If we get one of Nintendo's newer IP's represented I want Shulk or Wonder Red. There are simply better candidates for a character slot then the inklings, and characters I would want more.

Bayonetta: .2%

If we get any more 3rd party characters (Yes, Bayonetta is a third party character, Sega still owns the rights to her.) it will be either a Konami character (Snake/Bomberman/Belmont) or a Ubisoft character (Rayman). Sakurai has stated that not just any 3rd party characters could get into Smash Bros, which can be taken any way you wish. Me personally, I choose to believe that the character has to A) Come to a company with strong ties to Nintendo and B) Hold a significant amount of importance in said company. (Basically, one of the companies mascots). Bayonetta simply isn't' important enough to appear as a character. She might be an AT, will probably appear as a trophy, but I will be flabbergasted if she is anything more.

The nail in the coffin is Bayonetta herself. Snake was really pushing it when it comes to mature content, but compared to Bayonetta he's kids game. Bayonetta is one of the most, if not the most, sexualized protagonists I have seen. She strips naked to attack. (I probably could have just put that last sentence for my reasons and this rating would still be justified :p )

Want: 0%

I despise Bayonetta's character, and do NOT want her to show up before a more important and deserving character.

Predictions:
Not-Ridley: 2.7%
Metal Face Boss: 14.3%

x5 Third Party Assist Trophy [From a series without a playable character]

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I care not for bayonetta. She's both zeros.

Inkling 30% but only because of DLC. It seems like their concept was created long after the roster was decided, so if they were to get into this game without DLC it would be like Olimar in melee. A trophy, nothing more.

Want: 100% that said they look really cool.

Metal mug: 24%
Rundas: 3.4%

Beedrill pokeball returning x5

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
But um ... the chance score is not about how much you like them ...
Well, 50% is just any chance really. Leave it up to the odds to decide. I did make a mistake in regards to what people might think, but that also applies to how I rate things with Want.

I grade numbers like School Assignments are Graded.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Bayonetta: Double 0 (was going to make a cup size reference, but she's only a B)
I like the character, but she doesn't fit Smash, nor is she big enough a title to warrant getting in.

Inkling: 3%
I'm not discounting them, they are getting huge marketting, so who knows?

Want: 40%
I think they'd be cool, but since I don't know if the game actually holds up yet I've gotta err on the side of caution.

Metal Face Boss: 14.4%
With all the beautiful places on Bionis I think we're more likely getting a visually impressive stage than a boss stage.

Rundas: 2.34%
Because Ridley detractors are weird...

Dragon Quest Representation*5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Well, 50% is just any chance really. Leave it up to the odds to decide. I did make a mistake in regards to what people might think, but that also applies to how I rate things with Want.

I grade numbers like School Assignments are Graded.
Ok, now I just really want @Erimir to swoop down and explain probability and percentages to you, because I personally cannot grasp what you mean about 50% being "any chance really"

Also, as an actual teacher, I fail to understand how Bayonetta would get a 65% based on how school assignments would be graded. 65% means that with a bit of extra effort, maybe coming by after school one day, you can still get a passing grade. 65% is "there's still a chance honey, don't give up!" and I don't see how that goes along with your comment of low chance.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Bayonetta chance: 3%
nah not at this point

Want: 55%
It was higher, but then I played the game. the game is great... but I no longer want her.

Inkling chance: 1%
Sorry guys, I really doubt it was that far in/in development at the time.

Want: 20%
I usually am purely character based with rating this segment. I do have two acceptations to this rule

1) Ridley, because I support this bizarre underdog in all its doing, but I never cared enough in game.

2) Inkling, because of its overhyped, completely unnecessary hype. I mean, they where JUST shown at E3 guys. Can't this wait till smash 5 and we can see if the series sinks or floats?

Nominations sami x5
... -i?
Whoops, I typo'd and missed the i. That's for pointing that out. :p

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Ok, now I just really want @Erimir to swoop down and explain probability and percentages to you, because I personally cannot grasp what you mean about 50% being "any chance really"

Also, as an actual teacher, I fail to understand how Bayonetta would get a 65% based on how school assignments would be graded. 65% means that with a bit of extra effort, maybe coming by after school one day, you can still get a passing grade. 65% is "there's still a chance honey, don't give up!" and I don't see how that goes along with your comment of low chance.
Because I find 50% to be the 'could go either way' percentage, which is what it technically is. It is exactly like a coin flip and since it is even with the other 50% there is no way to know which odd will turn up.

65% Because Bayonetta is supporting Nintendo consoles, is an exclusive, and is a Third Party character, but that is not enough to get her in a passing grade.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Bayonetta

Chance: 100% 1.00% :joyful:(maybe in my dreams).
Want: 100%, If I don't get Ridley or King K. Rool, I would want to have her in the roster, she has an amazing moveset potential and she can be toned down to fit in Smash like Snake did in Brawl. But the sad thing is she dosen't have a chance, maybe in a few years she could be big enough to warrant a spot in Smash as playable character.

Inkling

Chance: 33.33% I don't know maybe? (Probably DLC will be fine for this character).
Want: 100% I love the designs and the gameplay that they can bring will be exciting and interesting for Smash.

.n_n.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Because I find 50% to be the 'could go either way' percentage, which is what it technically is. It is exactly like a coin flip and since it is even with the other 50% there is no way to know which odd will turn up.

65% Because Bayonetta is supporting Nintendo consoles, is an exclusive, and is a Third Party character, but that is not enough to get her in a passing grade.
The thing is, I wouldn't say Bayonetta is just a coin flip. She has a number of things going against her potential inclusion that make her, I believe, exceedingly unlikely. She is far more likely to be excluded rather than included. It's not a simple 50/50 scenario.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The thing is, I wouldn't say Bayonetta is just a coin flip. She has a number of things going against her potential inclusion that make her, I believe, exceedingly unlikely. She is far more likely to be excluded rather than included. It's not a simple 50/50 scenario.
Actually that was a response to Burigu as he/she stated:

Glaciacott said:
"Ok, now I just really want @Erimir to swoop down and explain probability and percentages to you, because I personally cannot grasp what you mean about 50% being "any chance really""

That was not in relation to Bayonetta being a coin flip as I said she was 65% and that was low in my terms.

The 50% had nothing to do with Bayonetta as I stated her Chances here:

"Chance: 65%

Her rating may seem a bit low, but I put it at this because I think we will be capped at 3 Third party characters."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bayonetta

Chance: 0%
Want: 0% - I'm more of a Dante guy (Even though he will never show up)

Inkling

Chance: 1% - Their best shot is probably DLC (If its even going to happen)
Want: 0% - No. (Good for Nintendo on makin a new IP but its not my cup of tea)

Nomination

Marshal x5

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Bayonetta

If Smash 4 were rated M or maybe T by the ESRB, then my rating would be much higher.

According to the official website:

Ask yourself this: Is Bayonetta even close to being an E10+-rated character? No. At most, she'll be a trophy.

She would be a fun and unique character.

Inklings

I'm sure that the idea of Splatoon wasn't even conceived when Smash 4 started production.

Want: 50%

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
@ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon : I think you're misunderstanding. You can't base a percentage chance of something occuring based on the same system school assignments are graded on.

Anyway...

Bayonetta
Chance:
-Main Roster: 2.5%
-As DLC: Abstain

We got a bombshell of an announcement a while back that Bayonetta 2 was a Wii U exclusive. Some seem to think it means Bayonetta would naturally be on the SSB4 roster, to promote the new game.

Thing is...I don't buy it. We already have three third party characters; a fourth would be pushing it...even if that fourth was Snake. The only other time a character was put in a Smash game to promote their recent release was Roy...and that was because he was an easy-to-make clone. And there's still the issue of Bayonetta's...sensuality and the level of violence behind several of her moves. In order for her to fit into SSB4's E10 rating, they'd really had to...*sigh*...strip away much of what make her the character she is.

Overall, it seems like her chances are barely more than a blip on the radar.

Want: Abstain

I haven't played Bayonetta 1, so...same as usual. >_>

Inkling
Chance:
-Main Roster: 1%
-As DLC: Abstain

Meanwhile, Splatoon was one of E3's surprises. A concept that left many going "I dunno..." during the Direct won them over during Nintendo's livestream. I mean, doesn't it say something that we're already talking about its characters here?

But...the odds are overwhelming that the Inklings will have to wait until SSB5. Being in a recent game doesn't inherently hurt their chances, but being in one that seems to have started development after SSB4's roster was decided on does. In order for an Inkling to get it, he or she would have to be a late game addition...and I dunno if they're willing to take that risk on a character whose whole franchise hasn't gone public yet.

Want: Abstain

For what it's worth, I'm really interested in Splatoon so far. I can't wait to see what other weapons and modes come about. Still too early to make a call on want, though. >_>

Predictions
Metal Face (as Boss): 30.15%

Rundas: 1.89%

Nominations
Tag Team Mode x5

Burigu

Smash Ace
Now going for my own rating
Bayonetta:
Chance: 0.1%
Extremely unlikely, retouching the character to make her "aceptable" would take any characteristics off the character, in other words censoring her to include her would be untrue to the character. Either as Sega or Platinum character 3rd parties are in a good number already and I am not discarting Snake yet.
Want: 2%
Too "explicit" for smash (not that I dissaprove but like Snake I find her not fitting with Smash)

Inkling
Chance:0.2%
Extremely too new to be in the game, no I don't think Sakurai was aware of the game like 2 years ago and unlike the likes of Greninja their game is still in development.
What I saw in the trailer appealed to me, maybe in Smash 6 (remember 3ds = 4 Wii U = 5)

Prediction
Metal Face 34.67%
Rundas 1.57%

Nominations
Unlockeable taunts x 5

Actually that was a response to Burigu as he/she stated:

Glaciacott said:
"Ok, now I just really want @Erimir to swoop down and explain probability and percentages to you, because I personally cannot grasp what you mean about 50% being "any chance really""

That was not in relation to Bayonetta being a coin flip as I said she was 65% and that was low in my terms.

The 50% had nothing to do with Bayonetta as I stated her Chances here:

"Chance: 65%

Her rating may seem a bit low, but I put it at this because I think we will be capped at 3 Third party characters."
I think you are mixing up Glaciacott and me, I can guaratee you we both are different people :laugh:

I too completely disagree with your logic Bayonetta chances at 65% make her extremely likely, which she isn't the problem here is that you think you have 2 halfs both with 50% as "could go either way" and at a 15% on the "can happen half" to make a distinction, but that is not the way it works if you want to say she is unlikely you might as well give her 15% chance and not 65%.

With 15% you already represent your small hope for the character but if you put the additional 50% representing you "can happen half" you are saying it is more likely for her to happen than not which is completely untrue, the truth is Bayonetta is way less likely than likely therefore 65% is pretty high and optimistic for her, odds aren't even equally in half

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Bayonetta

If Smash 4 were rated M or maybe T by the ESRB, then my rating would be much higher.

According to the official website:

Ask yourself this: Is Bayonetta even close to being an E10+-rated character? No. At most, she'll be a trophy.

She would be a fun and unique character.

Inklings

I'm sure that the idea of Splatoon wasn't even conceived when Smash 4 started production.

That's a good point.
I'd laugh if Bayonetta got announced and suddenly the rating dropped to T or M :laugh:
But nah, you're right.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
@ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon : I think you're misunderstanding. You can't base a percentage chance of something occuring based on the same system school assignments are graded on.
I was more or less "grading" the chances in an aspect, but the main point was how I related their chances to getting in the game. Something like a 65% would be possible, but not enough to get in, though 50% in this chance is omitted in the grading system, unless I think they have an even chance on either side.

I too completely disagree with your logic Bayonetta chances at 65% make her extremely likely, which she isn't the problem here is that you think you have 2 halfs both with 50% as "could go either way" and at a 15% on the "can happen half" to make a distinction, but that is not the way it works if you want to say she is unlikely you might as well give her 15% chance and not 65%.

With 15% you already represent your small hope for the character but if you put the additional 50% representing you "can happen half" you are saying it is more likely for her to happen than not which is completely untrue, the truth is Bayonetta is way less likely than likely therefore 65% is pretty high and optimistic for her, odds aren't even equally in half
Yes I did put the wrong name, my bad; however, 50% is not acknowledged when it comes to grading relating to school terms.

The 65% is based on what chances she has based on if SSB4 has room for more 3rd parties and how she is exclusive to Nintendo and is supporting them on their platform. Though of course we are all basing this on opinion.

I can understand why you would think that 65% is too high, but this is more to represent that I think 65% is a failing grade when relating it to School System grading.

Too me, anything past 70% are high when it comes to Want, but when it comes to Chance, I think anything past 80% is high.

All of this is more of a personal preference on how I grade things and try to explain them by relating them to what I think of School Grading.

It is not what things should or could not be based on, but how I relate them to those things in an attempt to explain myself.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bayonetta - 0%

A third-party character that has two games (one of which is a Wii U exclusive....that hasn't even come out yet) and one who doesn't come down to being even remotely close to the "legendary" category. I don't see anything going for her at all.

Want - 0%

Please, no. If this happened I would probably sit in the corner of a room for a good few hours thinking about the meaning of life. I don't actually hate Bayonetta or the games themselves, but nevertheless I don't ever, in all of my life, want to see her in a Super Smash Bros. game.

Inkling - 0%

They're from a single game that hasn't even come out yet.

Yeah, they're not happening.

Want - 60%

That said, Splatoon does look fun, and the Inklings themselves would probably fit in very well with Smash.

Metal Face Boss - 19.55%

Rundas - 0.25%

Outset Toon Link x5

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
I guess since I am probably the biggest Inklings supporter on these boards I should give a more In Depth reasoning then I usually do.

Inkling: Chance 10%
The Inklings have a lot of things going for an eventual Smash slot
1: Splatoon has gotten a over all very positive reaction from people who have played it at e3 and just from people watching at home.
2: Splatoon, unlike other new Ip's like Dillon's Rolling Western,the Wonderful 101, Xenoblade, Pushmo, ect, is made in house by Nintendo EAD, (I believe by the same team who does the Animal Crossing Games) so it has more Importance to Nintendo.
3: At e3 Reggie said that Nintendo wants Splatoon to be what Shooters that Mario Kart is to racing games, so it's likely that Nintendo will give this a bigger marketing push than the previously mentioned IP's.
4: The Inklings have plenty of unique moveset potential from just what we have seen of them and they probably have more weapons and abilities that we have yet to see.

So why is my Chance rating so low? Well it's because Splatoon isn't out to next year and I doubt that the Inklings even existed in any form when Sakurai decided on the roster. So the only chance is either they did exist before then, or Nintendo asked for them to be in after Sakurai had decided on the roster. I think if we get character DLC they have a good shot but for the vanilla game, I doubi it.

Want 100%
Splatoon has gotten me more excited for a new game from Nintendo then I have been for a while (Smash 4 aside) and I would hate for it to be a series that just fades away. I know some people take offence about Smash being used as an advertisement for other games, but it's so good at doing just that. Other then that, I really like the Inklings design and think they could be a lot of fun to play as in Smash.

Bayonetta Chance: 5%
I don't think we will get another 3rd party character, and If we do I don't think it will be Bayonetta. She just doesn't have the same level of star power that the others have.
Want: 70%
Saying that, I think she could be fun to play as and I wouldn't mind if she was in.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I was more or less "grading" the chances in an aspect, but the main point was how I related their chances to getting in the game. Something like a 65% would be possible, but not enough to get in, though 50% in this chance is omitted in the grading system, unless I think they have an even chance on either side.

Yes I did put the wrong name, my bad; however, 50% is not acknowledged when it comes to grading relating to school terms.

The 65% is based on what chances she has based on if SSB4 has room for more 3rd parties and how she is exclusive to Nintendo and is supporting them on their platform. Though of course we are all basing this on opinion.

I can understand why you would think that 65% is too high, but this is more to represent that I think 65% is a failing grade when relating it to School System grading.

Too me, anything past 70% are high up when it comes to Want, but when it comes to Chance, I think anything past 80% is high.

All of this is more of a personal preference on how I grade things and try to explain them by relating them to what I think of School Grading.

It is not what things should or could not be based on, but how I relate them to those things in an attempt to explain myself.
Grading her in school system doesn't make any sense, we are rating based on stadistic "odds" on stadistic 65% althrough unlikely has a great chance to happen (more than half), in School terms anything bellow 70% is considered really bad, the 2 things work on completelly different premises, so for this scenario you rating based on that is inacurate to put a term to it.

I might say you aren't even using REAL stadistic. Hope you don´t use this method in real life because your "odds" would be far from the reallity

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Bayonetta
chance 25%
want 100%

I think she has a realistic chance, although more as dlc if anything. Zero Suit Samus' new boots work like Bayonetta's. We all know about the exclusive and to those who have been paying attention Nintendo and platinum are interested in the series. Bayonetta has already come out in an E game, and smash is rated T so there shouldn't be a problem toning her down. However I think she's more likely to appear as a trophy and become a much stronger candidate for the next smash bros.

Inkling
chance 5%
want 20%

The paint is too fresh get it? No? Damn. Anyhow this character and series is too new. Maybe the next smash if the series keeps up.

x5 Starman (Pro-wrestling)

MF Boss 18%
Rundas 0.98%

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Grading her in school system doesn't make any sense, we are rating based on stadistic "odds" on stadistic 65% althrough unlikely has a great chance to happen (more than half), in School terms anything bellow 70% is considered really bad, the 2 things work on completelly different premises, so for this scenario you rating based on that is inacurate to put a term to it.

I might say you aren't even using REAL stadistic. Hope you don´t use this method in real life because your "odds" would be far from the reallity
This is mainly used to describe why I put them where they are and how I associate them.

The grading system is mainly for my personal preference.

I did not state I used this method in real life, but how I further explain things, you are looking too deep into this.

What I stated is what I meant. This may not be accurate to others, but it is what stands to be truthful in my own words.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
This is mainly used to describe why I put them where they are and how I associate them.

The grading system is mainly for my personal preference.

I did not state I used this method in real life, but how I further explain things, you are looking too deep into this.

What I stated is what I meant. This may not be accurate to others, but it is what stands to be truthful in my own words.
Chill out I am not looking too deep, I only meant to say if you like this way, maybe you use this in real life too, but if you don't then you are capable of using "normal" statistic, so why not using it?

Lots of people pointed you out and with good reason because despite how this helps you explain yourself , mathematically your score being unrealistically high will mess up with the more realistic number given by others. Even if you don't mean Bayonetta is really likely your score points out in the opposing direction (it is like temperature you are using celsius and everyone else is using fahrenheit), but I will drop this already you clearly became defensive by the controversy your method cause.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
@ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon
Keep in mind it's not so much we disagree with your rating as the fact we think you're not understanding the percentage system.

The school grading system is mean to evaluate performance. A 65% would mean, for example, that in a test of 100 questions you only got 65 correct.

What we're doing here is probability. There's no performance evaluation, no test that Bayonetta could be a part of wherein she accomplished 65 of 100 requirements.
Instead we're trying to determine the chances of an event taking place with 1 being yes and 0 being no. 65% in this scenario is not a failing grade because there is no concept of "if you get more than a 70% you're in!" like there is in a school grading system.
65% in this scenario means that there is a very real possiblity Bayonetta is in. 50/50 doesn't mean it's up to chance ... 50/50 means that both scenarios (yes/no) have equal probability of taking place, so a 65% means that you're saying that her being in the game is more likely that her not being in the game.
And like I said, it's not that we disagree with your rating as much as the fact you don't seem to understand the system and it would just lead to poor averages when compiled with everyone else's rating.

And no, it's not a case of "everyone has their own way of giving scores" ... that makes no sense, there needs to be a standard by which all scores follow a similar meaning and/or expectation, otherwise what's the point of it all.
I mean, if we're all making up our own scores then I'll just say "hmm, well, for this character I'll say she has a kitty's chance to survive a plane crash" or "I'll give this character a .32423461x10^123 based on the fact it's as likely I'll use them as I'll buy a lottery ticket."
Even if we have different criteria to determine probability, it still needs to make sense as probability.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Chill out I am not looking too deep
I am calm really, I just have trouble with words.
This is an attempt to create an analogy to help further explain myself. You are arguing against a personal opinion of someone who is trying to explain themselves and basing it on a system that they think works.

I only meant to say if you like this way, maybe you use this in real life too, but if you don't then you are capable of using "normal" statistic, so why not using it?
Because these are video game characters and I don't take them that seriously like things in real life.

Lots of people pointed you out and with good reason because despite how this helps you explain yourself , mathematically your score being unrealistically high will mess up with the more realistic number given by others.
But this is not about other people and their scores, but mine. I am grading things according to my personal accord.

Even if you don't mean Bayonetta is really likely your score points out in the opposing direction (it is like temperature you are using celsius and everyone else is using fahrenheit), but I will drop this already you clearly became defensive by the controversy you method cause.
As I stated earlier, I am not being defensive, but trying to explain myself. I am saying you are looking too deep into things not because I am upset, but you because you are arguing against a personal opinion at someone who is attempting to explain how their method of grading things work.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
@ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon
Keep in mind it's not so much we disagree with your rating as the fact we think you're not understanding the percentage system.

The school grading system is mean to evaluate performance. A 65% would mean, for example, that in a test of 100 questions you only got 65 correct.

What we're doing here is probability. There's no performance evaluation, no test that Bayonetta could be a part of wherein she accomplished 65 of 100 requirements.
This is nothing more than me trying to attempt to explain myself and using a School Grading system is how I think things would work.

I grade things according to performance evaluation which is what I consider with each character. Isn't what Bayonetta has done with and for Nintendo bring testament to increasing her chances?

For example, Megaman spending the majority of his life as a Nintendo character helps increase his chances, because he has supported Nintendo and is practically synonymous with them.

I am grading things to my own accord and how I think they would play out in my own list.

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Well technically the whole "Chance" system is flawed since we just make up conjecture about what characters we think are going to get in. When we get down to it, characters are either 100% in or they aren't. Now let's get back on topic or i'll go post more Splatoon Gifs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom