• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Chance: 75%

Lucina is HEAVILY prominent regarding Awakening and advertising. Look at Lucina's presence on the packaging, promotional images, soundtrack, model figure, and art book cover. It's blatantly obvious that Intelligent Systems favors Lucina. Which is the SAME EXACT REASON why they used Ike in Brawl! Not to mention Arena Ferox is the first time you encounter her for more than a few seconds, as she is the boss of that stage. In addition, the Tiki trophy is much more likely to hint at Lucina than Chrom, because when she wakes up, she sees Lucina, and become very interested in her. She is also one of the few characters to support Tiki, along with Nah, Say’ri, Anna, and Robin. In addition, she is in the amiibo trailer, which also showed Mr. Game & Watch, who later confirmed (more or less) to be coming back in Pac-Man’s trailer. As of yet, she is the only character there to not have a role in Smash Bros. 4. Also, Marth is slower possibly to make room for a faster Lucina. And finally, if I recall correctly, Sakurai said he was trying to increase the amount of female playable characters. If Lucy does make it, the number of female character would have double, not counting WFT and the Villager. Also, it would be nice to have a woman who doesn't fight using silly things like “magic” and doesn't get kidnapped every Tuesday!!! And the fact that the only thing supporting Chrom is the Gematsu leak, which faith has been shaken in after E3.

Want: Over 9000%

If my Fire Emblem waifu made it in, I freak the hell out. She’s my favorite character in Awakening, and it would make me so happy to see her in.

Robin: 10% I can't see him making it over Chrom or especially Lucina, as awesome as he would be.
Want: 50% Would be a cool character to have.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Robin 20% Chance
100% Want
Gematsu has shaken me, but I do think Robin has a shot for 4th FE Character...
Lucina 5% Chance
100% Want
Lucina may be cool, but I am not confident in her.
For reference, I see the most likely 4th FE character as Roy, due to easy implementation and huge fan service...

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Robin

Chance - 7.5% - Curse Chrom eating up so much of his chance...

Want - 50% - Better than Chrom or Lucina, but I just can't muster any sort of interest in him. Admittedly, I find Tomes in Fire Emblem boring, and I find Elemental Swords and Staves to be more interesting, so give me Roy and/or Anna.

Lucina

Chance - 0.5% - Basically hanging dead in the water.

Want - 20% - While she offers a bit more of an interesting personality, game play wise she's just about the same as Chrom.

Predictions

Bandanna Dee - 23.78% - Just natural variance differences.

Captain Toad - 2.35% - I think Captain Toad's game is too little too late.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Robin-
Chance: 10%. Based on the way Sakurai picks Fire Emblem representatives, Robin does have a chance. IS has stated that Robin is one of their favorite characters from the latest game. However with Robin having so many different potential appearances, I feel that he/she probably won't happen.

Want: 70%. Robin had great character development and was the focus of an interesting story.

Lucina-
Chance: 35%. I feel that Sakurai would be open to using her instead of Chrom just to add another female. And also, some workers at IS also stated that Lucina is one of their favorites, and Chrom was never mention by IS. So maybe that will tilt in Lucina's favor.

Want: 75%. Knowing that I probably have to have Chrom, I want Lucina instead. Chrom is boring. He's the typical lord who is fighting for his friends and home. And we already have a Fire Emblem character who fights for his friends. Lucina is fighting for a brighter future, man. She's been in the future, she's seen Grima face to face! She's badass! Chrom? Eh. #Lucina4ChromsRosterSpot2014

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Robin-
Chance: 10%. Based on the way Sakurai picks Fire Emblem representatives, Robin does have a chance. IS has stated that . However with Robin having so many different potential appearances, I feel that he/she probably won't happen.quote
We have had custom characters before, Not only does robin have a default apperance used in the artbook, they could just go the villager route and have his skins be alt appearances.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
We have had custom characters before, Not only does robin have a default apperance used in the artbook, they could just go the villager route and have his skins be alt appearances.
I know. But the female Robin would need a separate voice actor, whereas the Villager didn't. I do agree that already seeing Male/Female WFT and Male/Female Villager do help Robins chances, but they were also the only real viable options for their series (Although Male WFT didn't really need to happen). Fire Emblem has a long list of viable options, including 3 characters featured in the exact same game as Robin, those being Lucina, Chrom, and Anna.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Robin
Chance - 15%
want - 90% I prefer him/her over Chrom, but Gemetsu says otherwise

Lucina - 5%
want- 10% Robin is the only FE character I'm interested in for smash

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
I know. But the female Robin would need a separate voice actor, whereas the Villager didn't. I do agree that already seeing Male/Female WFT and Male/Female Villager do help Robins chances, but they were also the only real viable options for their series (Although Male WFT didn't really need to happen). Fire Emblem has a long list of viable options, including 3 characters featured in the exact same game as Robin, those being Lucina, Chrom, and Anna.
They can just reuse the voices from the game also what makes male robin the default?

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Both the Wii Fit Trainers talk, and I'm pretty sure they have separate voice actors.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Lucina

Chance: 4%
Chrom is really likely now, and I doubt Lucina can get in over him. She also is very similar to another Fire Emblem veteran (Trying to avoid Awakening spoilers)

Want: 50%
One of my friends wants Lucina, but out of all the Fire Emblem characters I least prefer her.

Robin

Chance: 10%
I could see Sakurai adding him/her. Not only is Robin a swordsman, but a magic wielder. Moveset potential Robin has alot of. However Robin still has to compete with the likely Chrom.

Want: 70%
Robin is a cool character in Awakening. Did not expect it to be so...plot heavy with Robin.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Robin:

Chance: 60%
Want: 100%

Lucina:

Chance: 50%
Want: 75%

If Lucina doesn't make it in, she may be an alt. for Marth. It's not too much of a stretch. I actually thought that she was going to replace Marth before his reveal.

I support Robin 100%. Why? Well, the opening post in the support thread explains it best lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uhh... can someone please explain to me why amiibo helps Lucina out? I fail to see why it does.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Uhh... can someone please explain to me why amiibo helps Lucina out? I fail to see why it does.
Because every character in the Amiibo icon except Lucina is somehow included in Smash, greatly hinting her presence as a trophy, character, assist trophy, etc.
& also, it proves that she is the icon of the Awakening franchise or the icon of the upcoming FE game, SMTxFE (which Chrom also costars in, but obviously IS favors Lucina).

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Because every character in the Amiibo icon except Lucina is somehow included in Smash, greatly hinting her presence as a trophy, character, assist trophy, etc.
& also, it proves that she is the icon of the Awakening franchise or the icon of the upcoming FE game, SMTxFE (which Chrom also costars in, but obviously IS favors Lucina).
You're making A lot of assumptions.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I don't think the Amiibo icon thing means much considering Tom Nook was an icon over the Villager.
But he's a confirmed trophy.

lack of evidence against is not evidence for...

Sorry.
But the fact is that every icon shown is included in Smash some way or another. Is Lucina really the only exception?

And if her icon was just to represent Awakening or SMTxFE, why not use Chrom or Robin?

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
But he's a confirmed trophy.

But the fact is that every icon shown is included in Smash some way or another. Is Lucina really the only exception?

And if her icon was just to represent Awakening or SMTxFE, why not use Chrom or Robin?

Sorry.

And even if it were to hint anything it would hint her as an assist trophy.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace

Sorry.

And even if it were to hint anything it would hint her as an assist trophy.
Lack of evidence for what? All I was trying to prove is that she will be in SSB4 somehow.
I didn't say she was 100% going to be a playable character. So I don't get the "lack of evidence".

It would hint her as an assist trophy. But also a character. Not all icons on that image are assist trophies or trophies like Tom Nook.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Lack of evidence for what? All I was trying to prove is that she will be in SSB4 somehow.
I didn't say she was 100% going to be a playable character. So I don't get the "lack of evidence".

It would hint her as an assist trophy. But also a character. Not all icons on that image are assist trophies or trophies like Tom Nook.
But you have no concrete evidence. Only assumptions and conclusions. You cannot prove anything.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
But you have no concrete evidence. Only assumptions and conclusions. You cannot prove anything.
All I said was that it greatly hinted her presence. And you cannot deny that it does, you already said it would hint her as an assist trophy.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
All I said was that it greatly hinted her presence. And you cannot deny that it does.
"Greatly hinted her presence?" Go to the Straw Graspin thread. You cannot prove anything beyond the fact that yes, one the ambio icons did have Lucina. I get that you really like the character (she's awesome in her own way), but you don't have proof. Heck, that icon could've been something randomly thrown in for E3.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
"Greatly hinted her presence?" Go to the Straw Graspin thread. You cannot prove anything beyond the fact that yes, one the ambio icons did have Lucina. I get that you really like the character (she's awesome in her own way), but you don't have proof. Heck, that icon could've been something randomly thrown in for E3.
OK, every icon except for Lucina is present in SSB4. I'm really grasping straws by trying to make sense of this exception.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
You do realise the amiibos aren't just for smash bros, right?
Yes. Please read my entire posts before responding. If you read the second part of my first post I mentioned that even if this doesn't prove her presence in SSB4, this only further goes to show how much more iconic Lucina is to represent Awakening or SMTxFE, if there are Amiibos for SMTxFE.

Once again, why not Chrom or Robin? Lucina is IS's fave.

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Please read my entire posts before responding. If you read the second part of my first post I mentioned that even if this doesn't prove her presence in SSB4, this only further goes to show how much more iconic Lucina is to represent Awakening or SMTxFE, if there are Amiibos for SMTxFE.

Once again, why not Chrom or Robin? Lucina is IS's fave
You're assuming a lot of things, you're assuming that smtxfe won't be represented by the smt in it's name, or that lucina is iconic than both chrom AND marth.

D

Deleted member

I suggest that you two go to the Fire Emblem discussion thread or take it to the PMs. This kind of fighting might discourage some people from participating.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman

Once again, why not Chrom or Robin? Lucina is IS's fave.
You heard the mod, to pms we go!!!!

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
They can just reuse the voices from the game also what makes male robin the default?
I'm not calling the male the default, and that really doesn't matter. You're just looking at small things that were worded incorrectly to argue about because I don't think Robin is likely and you're taking it personally.

Both the Wii Fit Trainers talk, and I'm pretty sure they have separate voice actors.
Point is they'll have to pay two separate voice actors to play each version of Robin, and I don't know how many characters they really feel like doing that for.

And you're both disregarding my statement, "they were also the only real viable options for their series" (in reference to WFT and Villager), Fire Emblem has an infinite number of possibilities that would also wind up saving money on development costs in the end. If I'm a businessman and I can pay two voice actors for one character, or I can pay one voice actor for one character, my wallet and my business are going with the single voice actor. WFT could be used to argue that point, but at this point all of us have stated our arguments, and you would just be wasting your time by trying to tell me otherwise.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
I'm not calling the male the default, and that really doesn't matter. You're just looking at small things that were worded incorrectly to argue about because I don't think Robin is likely and you're taking it personally.

Point is they'll have to pay two separate voice actors to play each version of Robin, and I don't know how many characters they really feel like doing that for.

And you're both disregarding my statement, "they were also the only real viable options for their series" (in reference to WFT and Villager), Fire Emblem has an infinite number of possibilities that would also wind up saving money on development costs in the end. If I'm a businessman and I can pay two voice actors for one character, or I can pay one voice actor for one character, my wallet and my business are going with the single voice actor. WFT could be used to argue that point, but at this point all of us have stated our arguments, and you would just be wasting your time by trying to tell me otherwise.
So you're entire argument is that they're too cheap to have two voice actors...I am at a loss of words.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
So you're entire argument is that they're too cheap to have two voice actors...I am at a loss of words.
I never called them cheap..? I just said it makes sense from a business perspective, especially since they have plenty of other perfectly good options. You should probably stop trying to argue with EVERY person who rates these characters. You're making me think Groose should have implemented the "please don't argue" thing on these characters rather than the Gematsu leak.

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
I never called them cheap..? I just said it makes sense from a business perspective. You should probably stop trying to argue with EVERY person who rates these characters. You're making me think Groose should have implemented the "please don't argue" thing on these characters rather than the Gematsu leak.
Look, i argued with two people, TWO, and i only wanted insight as to why they thaught the things they thaught, Besides i find it incredebly hard to believe that that's the main hurdle for robin, when there are probably hundreds of workarounds for this, Use one of the actors that voices anoter character, Reuse the voices, dont have him/her speak, and that's assuming nintendo desides wich characters they pick by how much money they'll have to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom