• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I just played the DLC for the first time this week, and while I agree that Lucina got a huge part in that one, I feel like she shared the spotlight with Tiki and Robin and the other child character until the end... where she shared it with every child character plus Chrom and Robin, who even had the last word. Arguably Robin even had an unique art scene with the Grima behind a castle battle background.

EVERY S Rank still that Robin has. It's about as many as there are playable characters in the game - 2 for Robin and Morgan.

And in the end it's still a moot point. IIRC Robin is even in or has one more prerendered cutscene appearance and I still would think it's not a hint towards his/her inclusion, mainly because it doesn't say a dang thing about the character's viability for smash.

Please remain civil and refrain from taunting people with stuff like "Oops". It doesn't do any good and only derails a fun and interesting thread.
My overall argument was that the DLC was meant for Lucina's story. There she was the ultimate hero, the one who ended Grima in her time. This is considered Lucina's DLC. Robin doesn't have his/her own DLC. IS favors Lucina [2] is my ultimate point and if they're going to send a character to Smash they will pick Lucina.

I don't have my doubts that Robin will be a great smash character. I support him over Chrom, as I stated already.

& I'll hold down the sass. :054:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@Brawler610
@ Groose Groose
I'll be sure to do my part tomorrow given what day it will be, eh? If things get heated, I'll be watching.

That and it's BWD, how could I not miss it?

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Robin

Chance: 35%
Want: 100%

I think that Robin is the second choice for a Fire Emblem character. Plus, unique characters have been chosen for larger franchises over more popular, more running, and more requested characters. :4greninja: and :rosalina:.

I would love Robin so much.

Lucina

Chance: 10%
Want: 5%

I don't think Lucina would happen. She would play similar to Marth or Chrom, and all of the newcomers have been unique.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Fortunately I don't have to do much thinking this time, since my last rating for Chrom pretty much defines how these two have to go.

I think the Gematsu leak is almost certainly real - over 99%. But there's some chance the info in it was outdated, so there was some opportunity for the Smash team to change their minds, or run into time constraints.

Even if the Gematsu leak were fake somehow, Chrom would still be the most likely FE candidate (although not as dominating). So I gave Chrom a 99%.

I consider the chances of 4 FE reps very low at this point. There's not a lot of room, and even if there was, I just don't think FE deserves that many reps, not with DK, Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Golden Sun, Xenoblade, Rhythm Heaven etc. all being more deserving of a first/another slot before FE would deserve a fourth, IMO.

So given that, that only leaves 1% for Robin and Lucina. Ouch. I wish Chrom had lower chances.

If they decided not to include Chrom, then, the question is why? One would be for move set reasons. They wanted someone more different in play style. In that case, Robin would almost certainly be the choice. The other would be for character diversity - they wanted a female character, most likely. Lucina would definitely fit, but so would Robin. Robin could also be a gender neutral character like Villager and WFT. But I'd give the edge to Lucina on that one. The third reason would be that they didn't include any FE newcomer.

I can't decide which is the more likely reason to pick someone other than Chrom, as Chrom seems boring for both reasons. No FE newcomer seems less likely. As such my scores are:

Robin chance: 0.6%
Lucina chance: 0.25%
Other FE characters have even more negligible chances at this point, IMO.

Robin want: 50%
Lucina want: 40%
I don't really care about Fire Emblem. But I'd prefer either of these two to Chrom, particularly Robin, who would be more interesting as far as her move set.

Predictions:
Bandana Dee - 19%
I dunno. On the one hand, Kirby getting a new game and Bandana Dee being in it in any form is gonna have the Bandana Dee fans whooping that he's practically confirmed. On the other hand, most people see the writing on the wall with the Gematsu leak and 3 recent newcomer confirmations significantly lowering the chances of other newcomers. All in all, I predict a modest decline.

Captain Toad - 2%
Captain Toad's new prominence came too late. If the game is a hit, Toad diehards should gear themselves up to campaign for Captain Toad for Smash 5. Another good thing for them is that Captain Toad will have likely expanded his moveset possibilities.
I'm not really that good at explaining, so I'll tag @ Erimir Erimir who is an expert in this stuff.
How you consider the chances of both of them depends on how independent you think the variables are.

If you think that Fire Emblem's roster is likely to be limited to 3 characters, then they cannot be independent. There's only one slot left, and if one gets in, the other will likely not get in.

If you think Fire Emblem's roster has no limitations on size, and that Sakurai considers the characters without reference to the number of characters already represented from that series, then you just multiply them together as you have done. I consider this a highly unlikely scenario, in my view, given the correlation between series sales and series representation. Sakurai gives the more popular series more characters, although there's obviously some variation - DK, Earthbound and Fire Emblem had two characters in Brawl, while DK's sales were over 50x as many as Earthbound's, and around 10x as many as Fire Emblem's. This is why when I modeled this mathematically I included previous Smash representation as a variable - to account for roster inertia.

At any rate, I think FE reps are not independent.

Realistically you should consider # of reps and identity of reps somewhat separately, since there's also a chance of no FE newcomer, etc.

Then it would be something like:

Chance of no FE newcomer: 5%
(obviously all reps get 0% in this scenario)
Chance of 1 FE newcomer: 85%
Chrom: 90%
Robin: 7%
Lucina: 3%
(Percents must add up to 100%)​
Chance of 2 FE newcomers: 10%
Chrom: 99%
Robin: 70.3%
Lucina: 30.7%
(The percents must add up to 200%)​
Chance of 3+ FE newcomers: negligible

Then you have to add the scenarios up for each character:
Chrom overall = .85*.9 + .1*.99 = 86.4%
Robin overall = .85*.07 + .1*.71 = 13.05%
Lucina overall = .85*.03 + .1*.3 = 5.55%

When added up, those come to 105... Notice the connection to the # of reps - 5%*0 + 85%*1 + 10%*2 = 105

As such, he thinks there's at least a 20% chance we'll get two FE newcomers - without even considering Chrom!

As can seen, if you think about it in this way, considering the chance of both does not lead to giving out 0% scores, @ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Robin:
Chance: 40% I could see it happening, but I don't know if we will get more than 3 FE reps, and I think Chrom would be the third.
Want: 20% Eh.

Lucina:

Chance: 10% I don't think she would make it past Chrom or Robin TBH.
Want: 20% Again, eh.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Robin:
Chance: 35%
Or as I prefer to call the character, the Tactician. I would say move diversity give the character and advantage of Robin. The dual gendered WFT and the Villager means that there is nothing holding back a Robin with both male and female playable options.
Robin is my most second wanted newcomer. I really like the idea of the Tactician if it becomes a recurring role in the FE series, so you would be able to keep Ike and Marth but just switch out for the latest version of the Tactician for each Smash iteration. Just wishful thinking however,

Lucina:
Chance: 25%
Favored by Intelligent Systems, so if they have any say she would have an advantage over the other two characters, should IS be consulted.
Lucina is my most wanted newcomer. My favorite character in the FE series, which is my favorite video game series.

I really want to see which FE characters we get as an AT in this game.

Predictions:
Bandanna Dee: 17.45%
Captain Toad: 6.56%

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Robin - 8% Another customization-focused character and the primary player protagonist of the biggest FE game ever? Quite possible, but Chrom is still the de facto hero.
Want - 10%
Lucina - 8% Being directly advertised with Amiibo (even if the figurine wasn't shown) helps.
Want - 25% Not solo if we're only getting five or less more characters. Partnered with Chrom though, and this goes to 10)%

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Chance
Robin - 7.5%
Lucina - 7.5%
Gematsu is the reason. I gave Chrom 85%, I think, so they split the rest. I'm 100% sure of an Awakening rep.

Want
Robin - 100%
Lucina - 75%

Robin is easily the best case scenario. Unique gameplay potential, and more importantly one that properly represents the Fire Emblem series. Three sword-based lords really does sell the series short. Also, to me this is the feature that made Awakening more enjoyable than it might have been otherwise.
Lucina I do like, but design wise she offers very little to the game, and in the end she's still just another swordfighter. I don't get ehy Chrom gets so much hate when frankly Lucina winds up being the same. The game even makes it clear they both have theg same fighting style. Plus, Lucina manages to also be dressed like Marth. That said, it'd be nice to see her, but she's not as interesting an option as Robin, or even Chrom. Or Anna.

Predictions
Bandanna Dee - 24%
Captain Toad - 11%

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Robin
Chance: 30%
Want: 100% I'm sick of all the blue haired lords

Lucina
Chance: 45% Eh, she's popular...
Want: 35% Unless she uses abilities that she inherits from all her possible mothers, I'm not all that interested.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Robin
Chance: 20%

Lucina
Chance: 10%
Want: 30%

Not interested in Lucina, but Robin is the biggest hope FE has for getting a non sword lord. Its getting redundant and we dont need any more.

Robin and Lucina are overshadowed by Chrom, plain and simple. They have their merits for inclusion, only Chrom ahares virtually all those merits. The only arguments for Robin I can effectively make is that he has the higher potential for uniqueness (which doesnt matter after we got "bland" characters like Little Mac or Rosalina, our characters who "just punch" and a definite Peach clone.) Another point is that his role in Awakening was more important than Chroms, which to be fair, were about the same.

I dont see Robin making it iver Chrom, but I definitely see Lucina below Robin and even Roy.

Bandanna Dee: 37.6%
Captain Toad: 8.8%

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Robin and Lucina are overshadowed by Chrom, plain and simple.
That explains why Lucina is the most popular FE:A character in Japan (not just the most popular female) and is highly favored by IS and is the face of the official soundtrack and art book along with having her own figure & DLC. And Robin isn't overshadowed by Chrom story-wise in my opinion because Robin is the one doing everything and is Grima him/herself.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
That explains why Lucina is the most popular FE:A character in Japan (not just the most popular female) and is highly favored by IS and is the face of the official soundtrack and art book along with having her own figure & DLC. And Robin isn't overshadowed by Chrom story-wise in my opinion because Robin is the one doing everything and is Grima him/herself.
You've already said this, and your argument is already known. There's no need to repeat yourself every single time someone says something you disagree with. They clearly ignored your argument already, just return the favor and do the same.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
You've already said this, and your argument is already known. There's no need to repeat yourself every single time someone says something you disagree with. They clearly ignored your argument already, just return the favor and do the same.
I need reasonable rebuttals. And this RTC day for Lucina only comes once.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Robin: 3% Chance / 0% Want
There's literally nothing in his/her favor considering that Sakurai has the capability of making a potato unique which is the main reason why people like him.

Lucina: 8% Chance / 100% Want
Could be an easy semi-clone of Chrom for roster fodder. its also possible that she could replace chrom if they wanted more females.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I need reasonable rebuttals. And this RTC day for Lucina only comes once.
Why? so you can feel better about your beliefs? If your arguments changed anyone's minds, then they would have done so the first time you said them.

The debate already happened last page, just read it again. Repetition just gets boring.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Why? so you can feel better about your beliefs? If your arguments changed anyone's minds, then they would have done so the first time you said them.

The debate already happened last page, just read it again. Repetition just gets boring.
Why? This is a discussion board.
And who am I to assume everyone read my argument? It's in the last page.

RTC for Lucina comes once. If you have a problem with me trying to discuss my points then that's your problem, not mine. I won't be back after today. :4pacman:

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
When I said overshadowed, I meant for chance for getting into Smash, which most would agree.

Also, I also consider Chrom to be more important than Lucina by far. A big point is when Lucina dies in FE:A, the level does not restart. The game continues on, which cannot be said for Robin and Chrom, who are the main drivers of the story, and therefore, IMO, more important overall.

Lucina is important too, and I would say she is a close 3rd place, but she just doesn't stack up. Sure, popularity plays a role, but that's not main driving force for roster inclusion, as I believe it is a combination of factors.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Robin Chances: 5%
Gematsu and stuff.

Robin Want: 0%
No.

Lucina Chances: 6%
Gematsu and stuff.

Lucina Want: 100%
Yes please!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I must say, I'm a little curious as to why there are a number of 0% want scores for Robin. Such a score would imply that the character in question has absolutely no merit, no redeeming qualities, or anything to offer to the roster as a potential fighter. As a Robin supporter, I'd like to know if people really do feel that way about Robin, and if so, why.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
When I said overshadowed, I meant for chance for getting into Smash, which most would agree.

Also, I also consider Chrom to be more important than Lucina by far. A big point is when Lucina dies in FE:A, the level does not restart. The game continues on, which cannot be said for Robin and Chrom, who are the main drivers of the story, and therefore, IMO, more important overall.

Lucina is important too, and I would say she is a close 3rd place, but she just doesn't stack up. Sure, popularity plays a role, but that's not main driving force for roster inclusion, as I believe it is a combination of factors.
I admit Chrom has one thing going for him, and that's the leak. But the 2nd round leak is far from 100% confirmed, and no one can know whether or not it'll be as sure-fire as the 1st round of leaks.

Lucina never dies though. She's just unable to fight, but I understand what you mean. Since she's not the one performing the Awakening in the main storyline, you don't really need her, but she's still included in the cutscenes and has a huge dialogue script all the way until the end. But that's not to say she isn't less important the Chrom. The whole story of Awakening starts with Lucina coming back from the future. No Lucina, no time travel, no story. Lucina is the reason the fight is worth it.

We all know Sakurai likes asking IS who they think should represent FE, and being IS's most favored across the Awakening franchise, I think Lucina's chances stack up against Robin and especially Chrom since he has things working against him.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I admit Chrom has one thing going for him, and that's the leak. But the 2nd round leak is far from 100% confirmed, and no one can know whether or not it'll be as sure-fire as the 1st round of leaks.

Lucina never dies though. She's just unable to fight, but I understand what you mean. Since she's not the one performing the Awakening in the main storyline, you don't really need her, but she's still included in the cutscenes and has a huge dialogue script all the way until the end. But that's not to say she isn't less important the Chrom. The whole story of Awakening starts with Lucina coming back from the future. No Lucina, no time travel, no story. Lucina is the reason the fight is worth it.

We all know Sakurai likes asking IS who they think should represent FE, and being IS's most favored across the Awakening franchise, I think Lucina's chances stack up against Robin and especially Chrom since he has things working against him.
Let me say this now so I hopefully don't have to say it tomorrow. This is directed to everyone in this thread. Not just you.

You have your opinion. They have theirs. Neither one is unreasonable, and both are valid both in reality and this game.

This place is not meant for extensive debate. Some discussion is permissible to a point, but there are other places to discuss this stuff.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Robin:
Chance: 3%
I've never really been inclined to think that he/she will get in over Chrom.
Want: 0%
I've tried liking Robin, but I never really been given a good reason to. Getting blacklisted on the Robin thread for what I said regarding Gematsu on the Chrom thread certainly didn't help either.
Lucina:
Chance: 4%
Same as Robin.
Want: 70%
I'm cool with her, but I would much rather have Chrom.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I must say, I'm a little curious as to why there are a number of 0% want scores for Robin. Such a score would imply that the character in question has absolutely no merit, no redeeming qualities, or anything to offer to the roster as a potential fighter. As a Robin supporter, I'd like to know if people really do feel that way about Robin, and if so, why.
I am one of the people that gave him a 0% want. While I can see why some people like him, I personally don't. In Awakening he is a cool character, albeit overpowered if used right. But, the transition into smash wouldn't be able to show his personality very well., so I just want to clarify that I love him, but not for smash.
First off is something very important to me in character choice: series representation. No matter how you spin it: Fire Emblem is not one of Nintendo's main franchises. Those go to: Mario, Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, and to a certain extent Kirby. Mario has 5 (50% chance for 6) characters. Pokemon most likely has the same number of slots as Mario (5 65% chance for 6). Zelda most likely has 5. and Kirby most likely has 3. Now the problem is: Kirby is a bigger franchise to Nintendo than Fire Emblem. I believe that Chrom is in, so that would put Fire Emblem at 3. If we get Robin it would be at 4. That is higher than Kirby and would be untrue to how deserving Fire Emblem is as a series.
Next problem is his moveset. Yes you heard me, I don't like his moveset potential. He will almost definitely be a tactician or grandmaster. This means he will be stuck to swords and non-dark magic. I absolutely love magic users. I love them in books, games, movies, and even pictures. Magic as a concept is just awesome. However, it can have the opposite effect if portrayed wrong. That is what would happen here. Magic is supposed to be a complicated matter of doing many different things that aren't possible to most humans by using your mind. You can teleport, move things without touching them, make people do what you command them to do, and many more things. The possibilities are endless. But how would he use it? He won't be able to teleport like Zelda, bend space to attack or deflect projectiles like Rosalina, or move characters with your mind like Mewtwo. What would he do? He would send blasts of fire, electricity, and wind at the opponent. That is the most common and boring thing that magic does. Plus, it has already been covered by Zelda, Mewtwo, Lucas, Ness, and Lucario. If you aren't counting only magic users, Greninja, Pikachu, Samus, Pichu, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mario, Luigi, R.O.B., and probably more that I don't remember can do that.
Thus ends my poorly spelled rant that I made on my tablet. Now I want to read more Eragon to see what magic is supposed to be like and to find out who the dwarfs appoint as their new leader. Oh, one more thing. Get the Eragon audiobooks. They are amazing.

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I just hate Robin's god awful character personality. Just... no thanks.
I permanently benched mine just because I hated them.

Starbound

I really don't like the character.

For a character that is supposed to embody yourself and represent you, the character is so one-dimensional that it really doesn't feel like it's you.

Like it could be a regular character named Robin and nothing would literally change in Awakening.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I am one of the people that gave him a 0% want. While I can see why some people like him, I personally don't. In Awakening he is a cool character, albeit overpowered if used right. But, the transition into smash wouldn't be able to show his personality very well., so I just want to clarify that I love him, but not for smash.
I don't really recall personality being something important to Smash characters. On that note, I don't really recall Robin having that much personality to begin with. Don't get me wrong, Robin has a personality, but it's not a particularly unique personality.

First off is something very important to me in character choice: series representation. No matter how you spin it: Fire Emblem is not one of Nintendo's main franchises. Those go to: Mario, Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, and to a certain extent Kirby. Mario has 5 (50% chance for 6) characters. Pokemon most likely has the same number of slots as Mario (5 65% chance for 6). Zelda most likely has 5. and Kirby most likely has 3. Now the problem is: Kirby is a bigger franchise to Nintendo than Fire Emblem. I believe that Chrom is in, so that would put Fire Emblem at 3. If we get Robin it would be at 4. That is higher than Kirby and would be untrue to how diserving Fire Emblem is as a series. Next problem is his moveset. Yes you heard me, I don't like his moveset potential. He will almost definitely be a tactician or grandmaster. This means he will be stuck to swords and non-dark magic. I absolutely love magic users. I love them in books, games, movies, and even pictures. Magic as a concept is just awesome. However, it can have the opposite effect if portrayed wrong. That is what would happen here. Magic is supposed to be a complicated matter of doing many different things that aren't possible to most humans by using your mind. You can teleport, move things without touching them, make people do what you command them to do, and many more things. The possibilities are endless. But how would he use it? He won't be able to teleport like Zelda, bend space to attack or deflect projectiles, or move characters with your mind like Mewtwo. What would he do? He would send blasts of fire, electricity, and wind at the opponent. That is the most common and boring thing that magic does. Plus, it has already been covered by Zelda, Mewtwo, Lucas, Ness, and Lucario. If you aren't counting only magic users, Greninja, Pikachu, Samus, Pichu, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mario, LuigiR.O.B., and probably more that I don't remeber can do that.
I suppose we just have different philosophies about how we rate characters, but I rated my want score for Robin based on the idea of simply having him/her on the roster alone, ignoring the possibility of Chrom also being there. After all, I really don't think they'd both be on the roster together. It's either one or the other, I think, so I don't see a problem with wanting Robin despite the fact that Chrom seems to be the most likely.

And I can see your point about how magic is used. I guess that's just personal preference. To me, I'm fine with Robin blasting elemental magic as a primary source of attacking, as we haven't seen that sort of thing in other characters before. Not to mention the fact that Robin can also wield a sword while doing that, and could very easily incorporate the huge list of potential skills he/she can learn in Awakening for nearly endless possibilities for a move set, including a variety of physical/magical techniques. It wouldn't even be too much of a stretch for Robin to be able to use light/dark magic for certain attacks, for a just a little more diversity.

Well, in the end, if you really do think that Robin absolutely should not be on the roster, and you don't see any justification for his/her inclusion, then it's fine to give Robin a 0% want score. I just wanted to make sure that Robin isn't being given 0% want scores by people who are just indifferent to his/her inclusion.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I really don't like the character.

For a character that is supposed to embody yourself and represent you, the character is so one-dimensional that it really doesn't feel like it's you.

Like it could be a regular character named Robin and nothing would literally change in Awakening.
Robin is supposed to be you and cannot show much personality because he/she would wind up behaving more like his/her own character than how you envision your own personality onto him/her.

Just like how in Pokemon, the boy/girl you choose don't even have a personality or speak at all.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Robin is supposed to be you and cannot show much personality because he/she would wind up behaving more like his/her own character than how you envision your own personality onto him/her.
As a Lucina supporter, I can safely say to you that this is the most wrong thing I have ever heard about Robin.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
As a Lucina supporter, I can safely say to you that this is the most wrong thing I have ever heard about Robin.
Sorry, that's just the argument I heard on Tumblr. I also believe that because Robin can't remember his past he doesn't know who is really is and therefore lacks a sort of personality.
But what does being a Lucina supporter have to do with your opinion on Robin?

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Sorry, that's just the argument I heard on Tumblr. I also believe that because Robin can't remember his past he doesn't know who is really is and therefore lacks a sort of personality.
But what does being a Lucina supporter have to do with your opinion on Robin?
I don't know, it gets you to listen better? :awesome:

But yeah, Robin is a character with alot of personality, the only thing you can really customize is his looks. He's got his own distinct personality, like every other character.

Also, I used to be a huge Robin supporter, and still am to an extent (because he's not Chrom :awesome:) so I know a good amount about him and have played all the way through Awakening before.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'd argue that Robin's personality is meant to be similar to the personality of the kind of person who'd play the game, while still being his/her own defined character. Those who want to project themselves onto Robin (or whatever they change the name to) still can to an extent, but those who would rather treat Robin as an individual character and experience his/her story JRPG-style can do that as well. Both sides win...although it means it's not as strong for either side as it'd be for a game focused on one of the two styles.

As for magic...just because Fire Emblem magic is static and locked to tomes or staves doesn't mean they can't do impressive things. In just the specials for the moveset I'm working on, Robin can create multiple clusters of fire and use them as mid-air mines and obstructions, fire off a long ranged ray of lightning, create a tornado around himself to recover, and focus for a couple seconds to activate a skill from his game that makes his next attack deal increased damage and knockback. While there may be other fire, lightning, and wind-users, and while there are plenty of sword-wielders already, all of it would come together for Robin in a way that it couldn't for anyone else.

And that's not even getting into the variants for those specials. Or all the movesets others have made that also fit Robin's character.

Starbound

Just like how in Pokemon, the boy/girl you choose don't even have a personality or speak at all.
Which is why I don't like the character.

If I can influence what happens with the game story, then it actually feels like I am Robin. But the game makes all of those decisions for me, which defeats the point of having a character be me. Even if it's something simple like giving me a choice of yes or no to a scenario. I've effectively taken control of the game as the actual tactician.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Which is why I don't like the character.

If I can influence what happens with the game story, then it actually feels like I am Robin. But the game makes all of those decisions for me, which defeats the point of having a character be me. Even if it's something simple like giving me a choice of yes or no to a scenario. I've effectively taken control of the game as the actual tactician.
There are like 4 yes/no scenarios though. The most important one because "let Chrom take the final blow?" :039:

Last edited:

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
There are like 4 yes/no scenarios though. The most important one because "let Chrom take the final blow?" :039:
The only Yes/No situation that actually matters is the last one, which determines your ending. All the other ones have the exact same result no matter what choice you pick.

I dislike Robin. Simple as. I gave Ike 0% want too, because I don't like him either.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Lucina
Chance - 30%
Want - 80%

IS seems to like her, Sakurai goes to IS for FE reps.

Robin
Chance - 30%
Want - 60%

One of the main characters of Awakening, is better for branding than Chrom (can't have people thinking every FE character is a blue haired swordsmen even if it's true most of the important people are).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom