• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Day Sixty: Ashley Robbins and Ragna the BloodEdge

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Captain Syrup - 11% Love her, and I really think she is one of the prominant Wario characters. . . but that's not saying much.

Want level: 4

Diddy and Dixie - 35% The pair is not needed, they both can manage on their own. I mean, it's almost slap in Dixie's little monkey face to say "Pair or it's not going to happen". Anyways, it's a definite possibilty, that's for sure. I'm not saying it's some sort of heavy and important decision, but I'm sure the idea will cross Sakurai's mind at some point, and he might go for it.

Want level: 3

K.K slider will get a 23%
Doexys will get a 19%

Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x3, Ashley Robbins x5

D

Deleted member

Captain Syrup is getting a 15% for me. I would say that she is the most likely Wario rep not playable yet, but a Wario rep is unlikely in the first first, so that doesn't say much. I'm Neutral on her.

Diddy and Dixie Kong gets 47%. The fact that Sakurai planned for both of them to be together in Brawl makes it possible. It is pretty much the only duo that is even mildly requested to happen right now and Dixie Kong herself has a decent shot of appearing as a playable character. As such, Sakurai will probably revisit the idea of having a duo and if he can overcome technical difficulties, it will likely go through.

This is of course depending if Sakurai does revisit this. Problem with a duo is that there are quite a few people against it and Dixie's irrelevancy hurts her chances of being playable in the first place. I for one would enjoy the concept of a duo if it doesn't make them broken, so I'm going with a Wanted.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Cap. Syrup - 15%

Has the best chances of being a new Wario rep, but a Wario rep is not really deserving or wanted, nor has she really been asked for, I give a 1.

Diddy & Dixie - 25%

While Dixie was supposed to be a cut character, how Diddy ended up I find to be better, people would outrage if this would happen and it would cost the IC's their uniqueness, I give them a 2.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Captain Syrup - 15%

What propels Captain Syrup's chances are her recent relevance in Shake It, her place as the arguably most popular new rep for Wario, and the sad lack of Wario Land representation in Brawl, which Sakurai may fix this time around. In addition, despite the fact she's never fought Wario directly in the Wario Land games, her knowledge of mechanics and robotics and her various items up her sleeve (the Genie's Lamp, her guardian bird Bobo, her love for treasure, etc.) actually gives her good moveset potential.

However, Syrup suffers from several factors. First, and most important, a second Wario rep isn't likely nor popular in the first place - the majority of Smash Bros. fans find a second rep unnecessary. Second, if we do get a second Wario rep, Nintendo will want to cash in on the more popular WarioWare series over the relevant, but faded Wario Land series; Kat and Ana were Assist Trophies in Brawl, yet the only Wario Land representation of any sort we got was a Tiny Wario sticker from Virtual Boy Wario Land.

I honestly don't think she's the most likely new Wario rep, my predictions going towards Kat and Ana or Ashley... in the event we even get a new Wario rep.

I think it's obvious by now I like Captain Syrup. She has great moveset potential, is a unique and prominent character in her series, and would give Wario Land much needed attention. Plus, my childhood revolved around Wario Land, so she's got the nostalgia factor for me. Wanted (4)

Diddy / Dixie Kong - 50%

Diddy Kong established his moveset in Brawl - I find it unlikely Sakurai will change it for the sake of Dixie Kong. Yes, the duo were Forbidden Seven material, but she missed her shot, and I don't think we'll see her separate nor paired with Diddy Kong. She just isn't as popular as K. Rool and it involves an unnecessary playstyle overhaul of Diddy Kong.

I think the duo would be interesting. Wanted (4)

Nominations:
Ashley Robbins x5

Predictions:
K.K. Slider - 25%
Deoxys - 20%

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I'd say Yoshi, Kid Icarus, and F-Zero are more likely to get a second rep than Wario Ware... Captain Syrup garners a 8% and Want Level 1. Being completely unknown and the only chance of being added is due to arbitrary rules about franchise slot representation.

Diddy/Dixie~ 34% This idea was scrapped from Brawl, probably due to a design choice rather than any technical problems. The only reason Sakurai would go back on it would be new inspiration or dissatisfaction with Diddy. The fact that Sakurai is very wary of changing a characters moveset makes this even more unlikely. Not a bad idea though.

Prediction:
K.K. Slider 26%
Deoxys 39%

Nominations:
Grunt/Infantry (Advance Wars) ~ 5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Captain Syrup 8%
Diddy and Dixie Kong 4%

predictions:
K.K. Slider: 2.5%
Deoxys: 11.75%

nominations:
Fawful x3, Travis Touchdown x3, Knuckles x2, Mach Rider x2

D

Deleted member

Captain Syrup returns to her ship sobbing with a pathetic 10.71% and a mediocre 2.5 in deserving.

And it looks as Diddy will have to go by himself has he gets 28.57% and 2.8 in deserving, which isn't exactly impressive.

I was the closest to predicting Diddy and Dixie Kong's score, so I win five newcomer nomination. Both JavaCroc and PaulKagebein were the closest to predicting Captain Syrup's score, so JavaCroc wins five nominations for being first and PaulKagebin wins three nominations for being second.

Up for polling are K. K. Slider and Deoxys. The poll ends at 9:00 PM CST. On-deck are Nightmare and Rawk Hawk.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Captain Syrup returns to her ship sobbing with a pathetic 10.71% and a mediocre 2.5 in deserving.
Captain Syrup would never sob! :p

K.K. Slider - 15%

Simply put, we probably won't get an Animal Crossing character since Sakurai turned down the possibility during Brawl's development. Besides, even if Sakurai does change his mind, he was considering a basic Animal Crosser character for Brawl - not K.K. Slider nor Tom Nook or Mr. Resetti.

He's an interesting character in his series, so I wouldn't mind him. Neutral

Deoxys - 25%

Deoxys pretty much lost it's chance in Brawl - it's unlikely we'll see a third-gen rep at this point. However, if Sakurai considers Deoxys and notices it's amazing moveset potential and the backlash over no third-gen rep in Brawl, he could add him in.

However, this would only happen if we get six slots for Pokemon, which isn't likely.

Deoxys would give the third generation of Pokemon it's own playable representative, and has fantastic moveset potential. I think he'd be very deserving for a new Pokemon character. Screw the fifth gen if necessary - Deoxys has more than they bring to the table. Deserving

Nominations:
Pokemon Rescue Team x10

Predictions:
Nightmare - 10%
Rawk Hawk - 5%

D

Deleted member

K. K. Slider gets 5%.

Deoxys gets an undeserved, but unfortunately, realistic 15%. This is a huge shame that such a deserving character will likely never get into Smash as a playable character. If we didn't have to deal with getting a new rep from the latest gen every time, his chances would be much better. *sob*

x10 Isa Jo.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
K.K. Slider slides his way in with 34% He's actually a very popular character in Japan, about the same as ol' Nook. His popularity took off ever since people started putting up Slider-fied songs on youtube. It's sort of like the new chipmunks style.

Animal Crossing still could receive a character, especially considering the fan reaction during Brawl around whether or not we were getting Nook. But it's not all that likely... Still, I'd argue it's a toss-up between Slider and Nook.

Deoxys~ 44% I'd argue Deoxys is actually a reasonable contender. Forgoing all "new gen rep" nonsense, he's a very popular pokemon. Combine his popularity with his massive pool of moveset potential, it's very possible we could see this DNA monstrosity hit the shelves of smash.

Nominations
Pokemon Rescue Team x5

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Slider - 8% Sakurai has no interest in adding an Animal Crossing character. Opinions change, but this one seems to cohear with what he's been saying since Melee. Again, until I'm given reason otherwise, I don't see it happening. Plus, Tom Nook FTW. Want is a 2.

Deoxys - 15% Until the day a third gen remake comes out, all he remains is a Pokemon who just can't compete with Mewtwo and Lucario. But, once that day comes, I'll most definitely change my tune. Want is a 5.

Nightmare - 6%
Rawk Hawk - 1.5%

I vote for Bomberman x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
K.K. Slider 0.4%
Deoxys 9%

predictions:
Nightmare: 4%
Rawk Hawk: 2%

nominations:
Fawful x2, Mach Rider x2, Shadow x2, Simon Belmont x2

May I suggest you combing Midna & Wolf Link into one character? (If those who nominated them wouldn't mind). One really isn't much without the other...

D

Deleted member

K. K. Sliders gets a somber 12.41% and 2.5 in deserving.

Deoxys likeliness score was not much better, with a disappointing 21.60%. However, fans absolutely rejoiced over it and wanted him to return, so they hailed it with a 5 in deserving, which gave a it a smile in its face. He hoped to finally get an invitation, even if things looked grim.

JavaCroc wins five nominations for being the closest to predicting Deoxys's score and Johnknight1 wins five nominations for being the closest to predicting K. K. Slider's score. Poll ends at 8:00 PM CST. Up for polling are Nightmare from Soul Calibur and Rawk Hawk. On-deck are Pokemon Rescue Team and Bomberman.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Lol, Deoxys gets a perfect five. Oh Java, sometimes one vote does make a difference. :p

Rawk Hawk 13% Want Level- 5 One of the only Paper Mario exclusive characters to be in more than one game. Rawk Hawk is also well... a pro-wrestler. So putting two-and-two together isn't a longshot. His only chance is if Sakurai wants a Paper Mario series character that isn't PM himself, which is possible. He also had a sizable fanbase during Brawl dev, and he was included via sticker and RAWK was a random name generated listing.

Nightmare~ 1%
Why would he be? I mean the most recent Soul Calibur games haven't even been released for Nintendo consoles. It'd be like inviting Benedict Arnold to your Fourth of July Party. Want level 1.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nightmare - 2% I'm being nice. Love the character and his franchise, but Namco has got major competition with SEGA, Konami, Capcom, and Square. Even then, SC has to fend off that loser Pac Man and Klanoa, the character nobody cares about. However, the fact that Link was in SC gives me hope that IF Namco ever got a hold a character slot, Nightmare would be possible. Want level 5

Rawk Hawk - 1% At least Nightmare is a good choice for his franchise/company. Want level 1

Pokemon Rescue Team - 3.44% (Cool idea though)

Bomberman - 17% (Even though he deserves the spot more than a lot of these other 3rd party suggestions)

Mask Link set x5

Barbasol

Smash Ace
So you think a third-party character picked seemingly arbitrary from amongst a fighting cast of dozens, and is from a series which has little connection to Nintendo is more likely than a noteworthy character in a first-party series?

I mean, I'm not saying Rawk Hawk is likely, but I suspect you're voting that way because I upset you somehow. The reason I say that is because you put, "At least Nightmare is a good choice for his franchise/company. Want level 1"

Is it just me, or does that not actually reference Rawk Hawk AT ALL? I mean, you aren't comparing two characters, you're supposed to be looking at a character, assessing what's good or bad about chances, and coming to a conclusion. Your justification as to giving RH a 1% was a retort to my assessment that a third-party character from a franchise not very involved with Nintendo should get a character in Nintendo's game of all-stars.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So you think a third-party character picked seemingly arbitrary from amongst a fighting cast of dozens, and is from a series which has little connection to Nintendo is more likely than a noteworthy character in a first-party series?
Yeah. Because Rawk Hawk isn't even noticable. Sorry but when you compare Rawk Hawk to Nightmare it's not even fair. At least Soul Caliber has already crossed over with Nintendo (Which is more than I can say for some third parties). Rawk Hawk isn't even a good pick from his own series. On top of that, his series probably won't get more than one slot, if it even gets a slot at all.

Nightmare is not likely. As you can see by my vote. But at least he isn't a not-so-great boss from a small franchise who doesn't even have a slot in the game yet. He's a popular/leading character in his franchise who has already crossed over with Nintendo once.

Again, he isn't likely at all. But Rawk Hawk isn't happening. He's like a less significant King Boo, who only appears once? Maybe twice.

It has nothing to do with you whatsoever, so don't flatter yourself. Rawk Hawk is a bigger joke than Nightmare and Jill Valentine combined. I assesed him, and came to the conclusion that he isn't happening. If you don't like that, tough. Plus, if you think my 2% is bias, please, look at your 13%.

Note: If you have to discuss this any further, pm me. SSBF doesn't want this place to get too off topic.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Nightmare
Is not requested and not that deserving to be in a smash bros game.
2% want level 1

Rawk Hawk
Prepare to be RAAAAAAAAWKED! or not, this guy is even in the paper mario series not that important so I don't even talked about smash bros but I hope than his theme will be in a paper mario stage.
1% want level 1

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Bummer I missed Deoxys. XP

Nightmare - 5% Want Lvl - 3

Rawk Hawk - 1% Want Lvl - 1

D

Deleted member

Day has ended, getting the next day up now.

Also Barbasol, I did not see Shortiecanbrawl's post as a counter to your vote. As such, her vote on Rawk Hawk counts.

D

Deleted member

Rawk Hawk got a miserable 4.25 and a poor 2 in deserving. Fans booed him out of the stadium.

Nightmare was just that, a nightmare that went away with a 7.80% and 2.8 in deserving.

Shortiecanbrawl was the closest to predicting Nightmare's score. He wins five nominations. Meanwhile, JavaCroc was the closest to predicting Rawk Hawk's score, so he also gets five nominations. Clap your hands towards both people for a round of applause. *applause*

Up for polling are Pokemon Rescue Team and Bomberman. Poll ends at 7:00 PM CST. On-deck are Magnus and Isa Jo.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pokemon Rescue Team - 3% This is a VERY cool idea. Three Pokemon, teamed up for battle. Too bad it's just that. I see this working as a really terrible 3-way Ice Climbers, or a Tag-Team/Pokemon Trainer. On top of this, who do we pick for the team!? There is sooo many options. Meowth, starters, Machop, Evee, Makuhita, Skitty! Where do you begin? Love the idea of hankerchief wearing and backpack suited Pokemon, but it just doesn't add up. It's a smallllllllllllllll part of the Pokemon franchise, who would be best represented by Gardevior or Grovyle. SO, not only would it play wonky, the task of representing this tiny series would be better left to other Pokemon.

Want - 4 (I think IF it could be pulled off, it would be very very cool)

Bomberman - 15% I'm going to be honest. In terms of Nintendo history, you got Megaman, Ryu, Final Fantasy characters, and Bomberman. His "Hay Day" was on the N64. Bomberman peaked on a Nintendo system. He is an icon of the gaming industry and was one of the first multiplayer games out. Somethimg Smash was founded on. Not only this but he has already crossed over with Wario. But enough about that. To be honest, his chances aren't too great. Hudson got bought up by Konami. Snake is Konami's main squeeze. He isn't doing nearly as well as he once was, and I don't know how many of his games have been released on the Wii/DS/3DS. If he wasn't owned by Konami, and wasn't doing poorly, I would put him up their with Megaman and the FF characters. But that's just not how it is right now.

Want - 5 (One of the most deserving 3rd parties out there)

My votes ummm, go to. . .

Suicune x10

I predict Magnus will get 33% and isa Jo will get 17% (These two are really up in the air IMO)

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Pokemon Rescue Team 0.3%
Bomberman 20%

predictions:
Magnus 22%
Isa Jo 18%

nominations:
Mach Rider x3, Shadow x2

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Lol, Deoxys gets a perfect five. Oh Java, sometimes one vote does make a difference. :p
Yes, it does. Especially when only two people put in their preferences. ;)

And wow... ten nominations. I've got to use them on someone good.

Pokemon Rescue Team - 20%

Credits to Barbasol for the concept, I would have never voted for this unique trio character in Barbasol had never suggested.

What goes against the chance of a Pokemon Rescue Team? There hasn't been a new announced Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game yet - although they're not too irrelevant yet, since their last game was in 2009. There have been literally zero requests until just recently for this character.

However, this team would definitely be a great choice. Think of this team working like Sakurai's crapped concept for Diddy and Dixie Kong (at least according to CrimsonFeint) - they move together like the Ice Climers, but each have their own unique moveset. Their Down-B consists of the selected Pokemon high-fiving the other and swapping places with them for the front. It's between the Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer - a unique concept, indeed.

Plus, we always bicker over new Pokemon reps - "this generation has too little representation", "I want Mewtwo back, but Lucario and a fifth-gen rep are in the way", etc. When people suggest a new Pokemon Trainer, they dismiss it for ruining the uniqueness Pokemon Trainer provided.

A Pokemon Rescue Team would fix this issue - we get a unique Pokemon character that includes not one, but three Pokemon together. We could finally get a fifth-gen rep, a third-gen rep, and one mroe possibility such as the return of Pichu or the appearance of Meowth - all in one. I see it as a perfect solution (unless you count character representation by reps instead of slots, in which case you'd say this overreps Pokemon severely; whatever).

But will Sakurai see it as a solution? I doubt it, but I do hope so. This team, whomever it consists of, is Deserving for the Smash Bros. treatment.

Bomberman - 30%

He's more affiliated with Nintendo's history than Snake, but Snake has already earned a spot as a Konami third-party rep for the Smash Bros. series... and if he returns, Bomberman may not stand much a chance considering two characters from the same 3rd-party company is unlikely.

I haven't seen what's so great about him. Neutral

Nominations:
Masked Man x15

No predictions.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Rescue Team - 5% Want Lvl - 2

Bomberman - 15% Want Lvl - 3

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Rescue Team: 2% Would be a very cool idea that makes many fans happy. However, the chances of this happening is practically zero. Wanted.

Bomberman 15%: I used to support this guy back in the day, but his popularity has fallen ever since the Brawl days. Probably not getting in. Wanted

D

Deleted member

Day has ended. Getting the next day up as soon as possible (or at least by 7:45 PM CST).

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Rescue Team were told to pack up and go home after getting an absolutely awful 6.06%

Bomberman blew himself up into the space in a not-so-good-way wit a 19%.

However, they were missed as a 3.75 deserving score showed.

Shortiecanbrawl was literally the only person who predicted yesterday's candidates. So he wins ten additional nominations today.

Up for polling are Isa Jo and Magnus. Poll ends at 7:00 PM CST. On-deck are Masked Man and Demille.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Isa Jo - 55%

He is a possible Sin rep, but he lacks popularity like his dad, similar to Issac and Matthew, but unlike Matthew, there has really one been 2 games in the series, so the ratio of appearances evens out I think,
Want Lvl - 3.

Magnus- 55%

It's hard to rate him, seeing has his only game appearance is in an unreleased game, so just like the villian from Skyword Sword, it's all up to how he is reseved as a character, but I don't in the end people won't want him as I don't think he'll add anything to Smash unlike the other KI reps, Want Lvl - 2

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Isa Jo - 40% I don't know much, but if this is the Saki of the newer game, he's got a chance. My vote is 3.

Magnus - 12% Yuck. It would be like picking PMario sidekick over Bowser Luigi, or Peach. It just would be silly. Want level - 1

Masked Man - 11%

Demille - 5%

Suicune x 5 and Sinnoh Champion Cynthia x 10

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Iso Jo
Don't know her so I skip this one.

Magnus
He wii be probably an important character for the new kid icarus game, but Palutena and Medusa are here since the first game and so i think have more chance and are more deserving.
25% Want level 1 (since i am a sword user hater =p ).

Nomination:
The yellow box who represent the RA games of the 3DS (if someone know his/her name) X5

Prediction:
Masked man: 16%
Demille: 12 %

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Magnus 8%
Isa Jo 9%

predictions:
Masked Man/Claus: 6.9%
DeMille: 11%

nominations:
Knuckles x2, Shadow x2, Mach Rider x1

Again, I think we should rate Midna & Wolf Link as one character, as neither really function as a standalone player realistically without each other, and all versions of Rate Their Chances for Brawl did the same. There's no point in rating three characters (both separately and together) when ANY chance they have IS together.

D

Deleted member

Day has ended, getting the next day up by 9:30 PM CST.

Also PaulKagebin, SSB4 version of Rate Their Chances on Midna did her by herself. Unless the others want them to be grouped together, Midna will remain separate.

D

Deleted member

Isa Jo frowned when he got a poor score of 37.50% and a 3 in deserving.

Everyone was laughing at Magnus's 23% and 1.25 in deserving.

Up for polling are Masked Man and Demille. Poll ends at 8:00 PM CST tomorrow. On-deck are Midna and Travis Touchdown.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Demille - 8% He's just very unknown as far as the rest of the world goes. Which isn't bad, but it definitely isn't a plus. He's cool enough though. Want level 3.

Masked Man - 10% Isn't a bad choice, but isn't a good one either. He's in a worse boat than Krystal, a much much worse boat. He's pretty freaking cool though. Want level 4.

Midna (Solo) 6%
Travis Touchdown 3% (That single interview didn't mean much)

Doshin the Giant x2

Banjo Kazooie x2

Ragna The BloodEdge (BlazBlue) x1

D

Deleted member

10% for Demille. Neutral
15% for Masked Man. Unwanted

Midna: 13.69%
Travis Touchdown: 21.64%

Top Bottom