• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Day Sixty: Ashley Robbins and Ragna the BloodEdge

D

Deleted member

Palutena was surprisingly not a commotion with a so-so 45.86% and 3.4.

Dark Samus fared horribly and suffered a terrible mishap when she figured out her score of 24.38% and 2.83.

Kanan and Black Mage are up. Poll ends at 8:00 PM CST. On-deck are Sukapon and Slime & Chocobo. You may rate what they get tomorrow.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Kanan - 15%

I want her, but she's got major competition.

Black Mage - 12%

Yeah, much more likely than Slime. It's kind of crazy that Slime will be voted higher than him.

I'm too tired to get "pretty" with my words.

Sukapon - 17%

Slime and Cocobo - 2%

New PT x3 Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x2

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kanan - 20%

I know she's from the Wii RPGs but I don't know that much other then she has competition,

Black Mage - 20%

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Kanan: 11%
Black Mage: 27%

predictions:
Slime and Chocobo: 3.5%
Sukapon: 10.5%

nominations:
Matthew x1, Daisy x4

D

Deleted member

@jaap: You do not vote how much you want a character with decimals on it. The options are one, two, three, four, and five without decimals.

Anyway, 13% for Kanan and 15% for Black Mage.

D

Deleted member

Delaying today to 9 PM CST due to homework.

Edit: Sorry, still working on homework. Need to make progress before I continue.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Kanan ~ 3%
Pros
  • Game is well received
Cons
  • Japan-Only as of now, with Europe planned. Still very region specific.
  • Not the lead character.
  • THIRD PARTY
  • Not as widely desired as Xenoblade's Shulk
Want- 2

Black Mage~ 14%
Pros
  • Iconic character from Final Fantasy Series
  • Harkens back to early FF days on NES
  • Used in Square-Nintendo Crossovers
Cons
  • Chocobo, according to things like, melee polls and perception, is more desired.
  • Third-Party
  • Not all that iconic.
Want Level- 4

Predictions:
Sukapon ~ 28%
"Chocoslime" ~ 15%

Nominations:
K.K. Slider x5

D

Deleted member

I am very sorry for the delay. I have been trying to get to this, but RL has been getting on to me, plus I have a difficult homework assignment to work on. The next day will be extended due to my absence. It is also why I am accepting Barbasol's vote despite being late due to my own errors.

D

Deleted member

Kanan gets 13% and Black Mage gets 16.5%. Both are 3 in deserving.

Not able to make flavor due to school.

Shortiecanbrawl wins five nomination as does PaulKagebein.

Up for polling are Slime & Chocobo and Sukapon. Poll ends at Wednesday at 5:00 PM CST. On-deck are 2nd/3rd/4th/5th gen Pokemon Trainer and Matthew. You may predict what both gets tomorrow.

Important Announcement: Due to school, new days will end on the afternoons, not evenings.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Slime and Chocobo - 1% Is literally the least likely thing I've pretty much ever heard of.

My want is at a 2 though, because I like them both, and I'm curious as to how they would play.

Sukapon - 9% He's got a lot of competition, but has been recognized by Sakurai at one point. (Even though not in a good way)

New Pokemon Trainer - 25%
Matthew - 26%

My votes go to. . . Mask Set Young Link x 5 and Soul Calibur's Nightmare x 5

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Slime & Chocobo - 5%

Both are not very likely and mixing them together lowers their chances even more, especially since I doubt Square would let the Big N use 2 of their franchises, nor would Big N ask for it, I give them a 2.

Sukapon - 30%

He is popular, was Nintendo's first fighting game character, great retro choice, unfortunetly Sakurai has directly stated his best chances were in Melee and that he more then likely wouldn't ever been in Smash. I give him a 4.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Slime & Chocobo
Slime and/or Chocobo have better chance alone 6 % chance want level 3.

Sukapon
Sakurai say "don't expexct him in the future".
1% chance want level 4.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Sukapon: 11%
Slime and Chocobo 0.1%

predictions:
Matthew: 20%
New Pokemon Trainer: 18%

nominations:
Magnus (Kid Icarus) x3, Travis Touchdown x3, Knuckles x2, N x2

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
God dangit, I missed Kanan! :mad:

I can only be quick today.

Slime & Chocobo - 15%
Sukapon - 20%

No nominations.

Predictions:
New Pokemon Trainer - 25%
Matthew - 30%

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Slime & Chocobo: 20%

It would work, but I think Sakurai might not pull it off like that. Maybe he could, but I think he might not even think about using both Slime and Chocobo- t's more likely they would be separate or the only the other one's in Smash Bros 4.

I'm neutral on their inclusion. (3)

Sukapon: 40%

Sakurai might've stated something negative on Sukapon, but I don't think the sheer amount of technology and easier programming of things would make him hard enough to be in Smash Bros. He wouldn't also be that hard to implement.
I'm quite believing that Sakurai would start to change his mind and reconsider him, looking at the present times he's having and how much things have improved on (somewhat) from Melee.

Sukapon, as the most first Nintendo's fighter, deserves to be in this game. (5). Really.

Predicting up:

New PKMN Trainer: 17%
Matthew: 48%

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Slimochoc & Chocoslime~ 2% Not the most logical pair from an in-universe setting. Just because something's a good idea sadly doesn't make it likely. This is a great example of that. Want Level-4

Sukapon ~ 30%- I'd say of all Japan-only characters, he has the best chances, but... why would he make it in over Ray from Custom Robo and the widely popular Megaman. Heck, even Chibi-Robo would be far more deserving than him. Just because you're the first at something does not equal deserving, imo. Want Level- 3

Prediction:
New Trainer- 26%
Mathew- 22%

Nominations:
Team Rocket x1
Giovanni x1
Rawk Hawkx3

D

Deleted member

I meant to end it today at 5:00 PM CST, not tomorrow. Very sorry for the error.

Anyway, I rate Slime & Chocobo at 2% (Want) and Sukapon at 15% (Deserving).

Edit: Day has ended.

D

Deleted member

Slime & Chocobo should come alone if they ever get invited, as the atrocious 5.79% and meh 2.86 deserving score showed.

Sukapon felt rejected due to his 18.11% score, but feelings were calmed a little due to finding out people wanting him due to a great deserving score of 4.

Up for polling are 2nd/3rd/4th/5th Gen Pokemon Trainer and Matthew. Poll ends at 5:00 PM CST tomorrow. On-deck are Doopliss and Ghirahim.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
new PT 40% they may put in 2nd gen if they plan on going up generations. 3

Matt 21%

Nomination: Wolf Link 5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
2nd/3rd/4th/5th Gen Trainer: 0.5%

I really don't see them picking and choosing one on the generations other than the first. If we get any trainer, it'll be an NPC and not a player character, like N, Cynthia, Giovanni, Lance, Blue/Rival Trainer...

Matthew: 10%

predictions:
Doopliss: 1% (I hope)
Ghirahim: 32%

nominations:
(who got the extras noms?)
Magnus x5 (if by some chance I got them, give them all to him)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
lol at the .05%. Just. . . lol.

New Pokemon Trainer 20%There is no reason to assume he is a permanent character. Mewtwo is proof enough that important things can slip through the cracks. On top of that, the ever fickle Pokemon series loves to change it up. I give a new PT a 5

Matthew 16% Well, he's overshadowed by Isaac, and has quite a bit of competition when it comes to smaller franchises so, I'm not sure how likely I can say he is. He's a 2 for me. I just don't feel the love for his series.

Doopliss 1% (Cool character, but not getting in)
Ghirahim 19% (No reason to think he's any different than Midna)

I nominate Nightmare (Soul Caliber) x5

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
New PT - 20%

Why they would replace Red for the sake of having a Pokemon from every Gen is beyond me, Red is the most known and popular trainer in the series, and is quite the icon, throw in the fact he has 3 of the most popular Pokemon in the world (cough...Charizard...cough).

I don't see Red going anywhere, especially when the fight for Pokemon slots are the most heated in all of Smash, I give whoever a 2.

Matthew - 40%

While I could live with him, he's still overshadowed by his father, throw in the fact he's only been in one game in comparison to his father and few requests, I give him a 3.

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: We've only seen one instance in which character from previous games has been cut. That' s not enough information to assume that Pokemon loves to change it up. I actually can see no cutting happening and just them putting in a 5th gen newcomer.

Anyway, I give New Pokemon Trainer a 15%, Matthew a 30%.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortiecanbrawl: We've only seen one instance in which character from previous games has been cut. That' s not enough information to assume that Pokemon loves to change it up. I actually can see no cutting happening and just them putting in a 5th gen newcomer.
Pichu and Mewtwo have been cut from Pokemon. Two of the four Pokemon from Melee did not return in Brawl. It's safe to say that the series isn't a stable one. We've seen Mewtwo not make it in, something that's pretty insane when you think about who Mewtwo is in the minds of many Pokemon fans. I definitely see this as evidence enough that the franchise is an ever changing one. I see cutting characters a major possibility.

Pokemon installments are nothing like Mario or LoZ ones. The main Pokemon change every single time, and about one hundred and fifty new characters are added every installment. It's nothing like any other series Nintendo has owned. To say the series will stale up and just add a fifth Generation Pokemon is going against everything the series has ever done. I just don't see this happening. Especially because they pump out a new game about every year or two and the "latest" Pokemon Generation has been changing even quicker as of late. 2009 4th Gen, 2010 2nd Gen, 2011 5th Gen. There is just too much for the series to look over to just stay the same.

Saying the Pokemon series is going to solididate is going against everything we've seen Sakurai do with the series.

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: We should also remember that Mewtwo was planned for Brawl and was the closest to being finished. If Sakurai had been given more time, Mewtwo may have returned for Brawl. Furthermore, the only planned cut was Pichu (if you consider Toon Link and Young Link to be the same thing), so I think Sakurai was hesitant to cut characters in the first place. With the outrage surrounding Mewtwo's removal, Sakurai is probably even less willing to cut characters this time around. The only way I can see Pokemon cuts be somewhat easily accepted is if Lucario was replaced by Mewtwo, which while would upset Lucario fans, would be understandable since Mewtwo is highly requested worldwide and if buffed, would make many more fans happy. Anything else and you're pretty much asking to be flamed at; especially if they just swapped Lucario for a 5th gen Pokemon.

Also, I don't think having the four we have in Brawl and adding a fifth gen would be incredibly "stale". If anything, replacing Lucario with a 5th gen Pokemon and have a cycle of replacements with only four slots would make it "stale".

Also, day has ended. Getting the next day by 6:00 PM CST.

D

Deleted member

Sorry I forgot to do this, but for Day Forty-Eight, Shortiecanbrawl wins five nominations for his prediction on Sukapon. PaulKagebin wins five nominations for being the closest to predicting Slime & Chocobo's score. Day Forty-Nine, Barbasol wins five nominations for his prediction on Matthew's score and PaulKagebin wins five nomination for being the closest to predicting new Pokemon Trainer's score. Give a round of applause to all of them.

PaulKagebin's extra five nominations for Day Forty-Eight will go into his Magnus nominations.

Matthew was disowned by his father due to his 23.14% score and 2.5 deserving score. And it looks as Red is likely staying as the new Pokemon Trainer got an abysmal score of 19.1% and 3.33 in deserving.

Up for polling are Doopliss and Ghirahim. Poll ends at 5:00 PM CST. On-deck are Captain Syrup and Diddy and Dixie Kong.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortiecanbrawl: We should also remember that Mewtwo was planned for Brawl and was the closest to being finished. If Sakurai had been given more time, Mewtwo may have returned for Brawl. Furthermore, the only planned cut was Pichu (if you consider Toon Link and Young Link to be the same thing), so I think Sakurai was hesitant to cut characters in the first place. With the outrage surrounding Mewtwo's removal, Sakurai is probably even less willing to cut characters this time around. The only way I can see Pokemon cuts be somewhat easily accepted is if Lucario was replaced by Mewtwo, which while would upset Lucario fans, would be understandable since Mewtwo is highly requested worldwide and if buffed, would make many more fans happy. Anything else and you're pretty much asking to be flamed at; especially if they just swapped Lucario for a 5th gen Pokemon.
I think you need to realize that this "outrage" isn't a massive worldwide thing. The general public just doesn't care. DOES. NOT. They will eat up anything you give them. I'm sure most people think Lucario "replaced" Mewtwo. Most people don't know Mewtwo was planned, and regaurdless of if he could have gotten in or not, at the end of the day, he didn't. Period. He did not make it in. He was cut.

Less willing? Now you're just making pretentious assumptions.

When it comes down to it, only a small portions of Smash fans, really care about characters being cut.

I've already given my reasons as to why the Pokemon series is too large.ever changing to just be kept the way it is, now if you actually listened is a different story.

Also, I don't think having the four we have in Brawl and adding a fifth gen would be incredibly "stale". If anything, replacing Lucario with a 5th gen Pokemon and have a cycle of replacements with only four slots would make it "stale".
You're looking at my wording wrongly, but fine. Uninteresting, flawed and boring are much better choices.

At the end of the day, I'm going on what Sakurai has done in the past, and how Pokemon actually works as a series. You're going on Sakurai trying to please Lucario/PT fans. Not Smash fans, not even competitive fans, but fans of a specific character.

In general, cuts are likely, and Pokemon is the series that is most likley to see cuts, if you don't realize this, you're crazy.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Doopliss - 1% I'm being nice. I give him a 3.

Ghirahim - 20% At the end of the day, he's a lesser Zelda character, and really, that's the end of it. He isn't likely. Possible, but as far as Midna, Zant, Majora, and Byrne are concerned he's one of them. He also gets a 3.

Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x2 Pokemon Champion Cynthia x3 (For funsies. I'm thinkin' Garchomp, Lucario, Milotic)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Doopliss - 5%

Simply put, we'll get Paper Mario before we Doopliss, and Paper Mario is definitely not a shoe-in despite his well-rounded chances. Besides, Doopliss has appeared in one game in the soon-to-be four-game series, and that game isn't very relevant now. Plus, I've seen no mentions of him for Smash Bros. other than the person who nominated him.

I don't care for him either way. Neutral

Ghirahim - 30%

Ghirahim's chances firstly depend on the success of Skyward Sword. Since Skyward is guaranteed to be a success, Ghirahim's chances then depend on if he becomes popular following the game. He has a minor fan base so far, but we'll have to see if that base expands after the game's release.

Plus, he's a likely on-shot character, and Skyward Sword will lose it's relevance over time.

He does look interesting, though, I have to admit. I need to see more from him before I can say I'm in full support of him, but he's definitely cooking to be something of a unique flavor. Neutral (3)

Nominations:
Midna x5

Predictions:
Diddy / Dixie Kong - 55%
Captain Syrup - 15%

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Doopliss~5% He's popular amongst Paper Mario fans, but only has a real shot if we were to see a character besides Paper Mario himself makes it in. Even then, he has Dimentio and Rawk Hawk as competition as the most desired. As a character he's funny, neruotic, and lovable... but as a Smasher? Sadly, no. Want Level- 5

Ghirahim~12% What do these have in common? Skull Kid/Majora, Zant, Ghirahim. All were one shot villains in the Zelda game right before a Smash Bros. None made it in. Each time there's talk about the latest greatest villain making it in, and everytime nothing happens. Unless Ghirahim has a long-term position in Zelda's mythos, it won't happen.

Nominations:
K.K. Slider x5

D

Deleted member

I'd continue to discuss with Shortiecanbrawl on what we were on, but to avoid derailing it, I'll end it here. Anyway...

Doopliss:

I am Against Doopliss's inclusion. Way too minor for my taste.

A boss from one Paper Mario game back over half a decade ago will almost certainly not get in. Hurting his chances even more is that he gets next to no requests to be playable, is completely irrelevant, not very important to the Paper Mario series, and we haven't even gotten Paper Mario as a playable character yet.

1%

Ghirahim

I want to see Ghirahim.

He's probably the second Legend of Zelda likely one-shot to have a real shot of being playable (the other being Sheik, who is playable). This all depends on how successful Skyward Swords is, if he remains a memorable villain, how highly requested Ghirahim is for a playable status, and if he is the main villain as touted. However, his likely one-shot status may cost him a spot.

30%

Nominate Isa Jo x5

Predict 23.22% for Diddy and Dixie Kong and 21.22% for Captain Syrup.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That's cool with me. I've already said everything I had to say. I added my votes to my earlier post by the way.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Doopliss - 1%

Ghirahim - 35%

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Doopliss: 0.1%
Ghirahim: 21%

predictions:
Captain Syrup: 15%
Diddy and Dixie Kong: 13.9%

nominations:
Knuckles x4, Magnus x3, Travis Touchdown x3

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Doopliss
Realy ? It's not even sure than we get Paper Mario so a boss who appear in one game of the series is not likely at all.
If we get by miracle a second paper mario rep it will be someone like paper Bowser or the new villain of paper mario 3DS (who is likely Bowser since goomba and koopa don't seem braiwashed as they not wearing sunglasses) . The thing he will get at best is music and sticker.
0% chance Want level 1

Ghirahim
One-timer like Zant and Midna + Wolf Link were in brawl.
If someone say than Sheik is a one-timer too I answer by "sheik is a transformation for Zelda and Zelda is deserving to be in smash bros".
15 % chance want level 2

Predictions:
Diddy and Dixie: 18 %
Captain Syrup: 25 %

Nomination:
Deoxys X 5

D

Deleted member

Doopliss went into hiding due to 1.86% putting him in last place. His 2.6 deserving score did not give him much comfort.

Ghirahim cursed at his detractors after seeing his 23.29% score. Lord "Fabulous" promised revenge, with his 3 deserving score doing nothing to change Ghirahim's behavior.

Both PaulKagebin and Shortiecanbrawl predicted that Doopliss would get 1%. Since both of them predicted it, they win nominations. Due to PaulKagebin getting to it first, he wins five nominations while Shortiecanbrawl wins three nominations.

On-deck are Captain Syrup and Diddy and Dixie Kong. Poll ends at 8:00 PM CST (I have to work late). On-deck are K.K. Slider and Deoxys.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Super Smash Bros. Fan
You said "On-Deck" for both Captain Syrup and Diddy and Dixie Kong, plus K.K. Slider and Deoxys! XD

Captain Syrup: I don't really think Captain Syrup is well-known, or is really original enough for a spot. Heck, I've beaten a few of the Wario Land games and I routinely forget who Captain Syrup is! :laugh: I give Captain Syrup a 3% chance. My want level is a 2 (unwanted).

Dixie and Diddy Kong: I've never really liked this idea, and although it may have almost happened in Brawl, I just don't see it happening. Dixie and Diddy are completely different unlike the Ice Climbers (literally one is just a female clone of the other for multiplayer purposes), and unlike the Ice Climbers, both are well-known and liked outside of smash, and actually appeared in more than one game (which btw, Ice Climber is one of the least exciting/fun NES launch title at best). This could also be really broken, and I think Sakurai knows that. So for these reasons and others, I give Dixie/Diddy duo a 5% chance, and a want level of 1.

Predictions:
K.K. Slider: 6%
Deoxys: 16%

Nominate:
Knuckles (all my votes; 5, right?)

Top Bottom