• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my horrible Ness. XD

Uffe

Smash Hero
That should have been your match, but the ending, I have no idea what happened there. For some reason I was expecting you to live when your PKT went all over the place. I wouldn't really say there was anything wrong with the match. At 00:34, you could have landed a PKT2 on Ike if you pulled it back towards you and hit yourself from behind.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Failing to recover on wi-fi doesn't make you horrible, it means you're human. Considering you were fighting Ike, which from my own experience is a tough matchup for Ness, the battle was pretty good.
I don't know if I'm just not rememnering correctly, but I didn't see much Yo-yo, and that disappointed me. You've got great PK thunder control, and you know what times to use PK Fire effectively.

I'd give you 8/10

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
**** I was watching with like less than 30 seconds, you still had two stocks and I thought to myself "wtf how is he gonna loose..?"
That's happened to me before though but overall a good ness considering it says you main rob :3

_clinton

Smash Master
Ah man...you should have won that match ^_^
Don't you hate it when that happens?

To be fair I think your problem is just that you were too aggressive vs. at least that one Ike for that one match...

Ike out ranges Ness in the air and ground game area because of how large his sword is...PK Thunder being the trickster move it is should have been able to help you a bit more...

Jarrod159

Smash Cadet
overall not bad

i would have definitely used more short hop ariels to pressure Ike. then if you think hes going for a his 3 h,it neutral a try to air dodge to get behind him and go for a quick shield grab. dont use double jump as much because that could get you into trouble.

jorge199494

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good ness. You did great against that Ike, I hate the match-up. But yeah you should of won. You already know most of the stuff to be a decent ness just practice more.
9/10

StarLight

Smash Apprentice
Lol, Falco.

Good Ness. Only thing I can say is that there were a lot of whiffed dairs that could have been damage if you fair/baired instead. Oh, and no yo-yo :(

_clinton

Smash Master
I'm not a big fan of his Yoyo as well ^_^

Um...I don't think you used PKT enough

Uffe

Smash Hero
Though someone mentioned more PKT, I think you over did it when your opponent was on the ground. I'm not saying that's really a bad thing. But if the other player has quick projectile, you might be better off hitting them with that while they're airborn. I really liked the rising dair you did and that last kill was pretty awesome. It's pretty risky using PKFl against someone like Pit since they can just reflect it. Pretty good Ness from what I see.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
But if you do a full-ranged PK Fire, it just dissipates immediately after reflection, I think. The pivot PK Fires are nice for keeping the spacing up so that you don't get hit. Also, if you do get hit, just absorb the pillar if you can!

Interesting anti-edgeguarding with that dair. Have you ever seen anyone survive an offstage dair at any %, other than in water (in which you can repeat the dair)?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I didn't see any tilts or jabs in that new match..... Mostly just aerials and specials and some grabs. Expand a little.....
You can't get your aerials stale. D: I don't mean to offend but there are other quick moves ya know. I suggest some utilt. :chuckle: Jab has good range too.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
nice ness. you didn't have to lose your first stock... you should have recovered from above.
that stuck out to me too

people i play regularly expect me to do it, in which case i just throw off the timing and possibly steal a free pkt2, whereas the ones who are new to me dont see it coming at all

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
IDK, you play too offensively. If you just used your Fair to jump and retreat, you could wait for the right time to combo while still adding damage and pressure to the game. You should sheild-dash a lot more, as it is a good way to approach. When you are high in the air, you shouldn't attack, but you should airdodge and DI away from the opponent. Still, you DID get better some. Your Ness needs a lot of work though, no offence. Just my wo cents.

Top Bottom