• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Girlfriends Roy. Check her out

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
this morning I was watching videos of my girlfriends Roy. And I thought it was quite impressive. She just picked him up not too long ago. She was watching Ninjalinks Roy and became hooked on Roy. She said she was watching his roy alot so wanted to try him out. So she learned some stuff from him. So be nice with your comments if you think she does something wrong or bad. But I think she did well. better than my roy O_o!! and she mains Peach by the way

So Yea rate and gave advice and such, also good comments are more than welcome

Battle #1

Battle #2

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
um...no offense, but i just dont believe in good female players. not in smash atleast. this is probably you, and not even your girlfriend, but if it some how isnt. ill admit, i think the roy is descent. has all the techniques down. seems to lack only in experience. mind games are good too. thats about it.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Let me see here. U got the movement just fine. Survival skills? Check! Very confident. I honestly had to look at 1:40 a couple times. U make the awesome recoveries as i do. 1 problem is u finish the DED a little much. Go fish sometimes (meaning just do the first hit in the DED). When u see it hit either continue it or do something else. If he blocks, if u feel confident enough. mindgame him into opening it or go for a shield poke. One exception is when u hit him with 3 different DEDs at once. Very nice. Also be careful about the neutral b. Its a dedicated move. Be choosy about usin it. Other than that ur good to me. Made me proud T_T.......im ok....im sure.....im still pretty...

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
um...no offense, but i just dont believe in good female players. not in smash atleast. this is probably you, and not even your girlfriend, but if it some how isnt. ill admit, i think the roy is descent. has all the techniques down. seems to lack only in experience. mind games are good too. thats about it.
That is his girlfriend. I played Dark.pchs roy. He moves nothin like that.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
whoa i couldve sworn this same exact topic was in the roy section a few mins ago
It was, but people in the roy thread like to act stupid for no reasons, so instead of showing it to roys, I'll she it to other peole as well, that way I wont have to put up with nonsense

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
lol but a lil bit of advice in the 2nd macth she was to agrressive maybe she can learn some defensive tricks and strategys to mix in with that agreesive style of play

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Probably one of the best female smashers in the world. It's too bad she retired from playing the game.
I know she fought REED alot. Shes from mexico i believe. Thank for the info. But back to the topic. I wonder what vids she looked at of mine.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Why would you think I pose as a Girl and record myself in another name ? O__o if you dont think Female smashers are good, then you really need to come to N.Y and take a look around. But its your opinion so......meh..........

Jash

Smash Lord
Whoa...nice Roy Elfin, making Ninjalink dookie in his pants now. You are aggressive with him and thats a terrible downfall at times, but on Luigis case its a pretty good thing. Your surprisingly good with Roy, who would of thought right? Cant wait to see your Peach.

Lunytunes4.4: well not all people in the bronx are noobs man. if your looking for a smash then Young Link lives in the bronx, look for him he will smash anyday.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Maybe Syk0 just didnt see any good ones where he lives. Not his fault. There are good ones in N.Y. though.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Whoa...nice Roy Elfin, making Ninjalink dookie in his pants now. You are aggressive with him and thats a terrible downfall at times, but on Luigis case its a pretty good thing. Your surprisingly good with Roy, who would of thought right? Cant wait to see your Peach.

Lunytunes4.4: well not all people in the bronx are noobs man. if your looking for a smash then Young Link lives in the bronx, look for him he will smash anyday.
I'm mad u said 'dookie'. Dookiester. One phrase. S.U.N.C. That is all. Also I'm Pretty. That also is all.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
She has a pretty good Roy. A must say I was impressed with or general movement (e.g. washdashing, dashdancing, etc.), however in my opinion she relies on the B move a bit to much and you get caught with often enough to encourage her to rely on it.

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
ROFL ROFL ROFL, you posted this trash in 2 seperate threadz? sweet heaven almighty...okay herez sum mouf ptz, read these carefully my son

1) secret goal of this thread is to tell every1 he has a gf. she sux at smash btw
2) i read ur wiki page and OMFG it was tha worst thing ive ever read in my life seriously. as likely as it is that one of ur adoring fanz would write that much stupid **** about u i have an odd feeling that u wrote that urself. *poopz pantz profusely*
3) ninjalink'z combo video sucked long and hard

actually i only have 3 mouf ptz right now but just read those over a few timez and tell me wut u think ;)

i was jk about #2 btw, u have no fanz (and ur peach sux)

Nite

Smash Champion
She definitely has the basics mastered and it looks like everything else is not bad at all either. I'd have to say that I was kind of impressed. There aren't a lot of good girl smashers out there, so this is a surprise. From what I see she has a lot of potential. She could very well be just as good as the boys in no time.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Number of ******* in this thread so far = 4... I'll let you guys figure who they are.

I really liked the video. In my opinion, your GF has good spacing, she's creative (never seen any girl jump off the edge and counter a SideB, which is funny), she got her basics down pretty good (WD, Lcancel, etc.), but she lacks the comboes.

Try to hit more Fair and follow with a grab or a Nair. Like someone else said in this thread, go fish with your SideB, but don't always pull off 4 hits. Maybe a bit more dash dance also, just to make sure you don't get grabbed easily.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
ROFL ROFL ROFL, you posted this trash in 2 seperate threadz? sweet heaven almighty...okay herez sum mouf ptz, read these carefully my son

1) secret goal of this thread is to tell every1 he has a gf. she sux at smash btw
2) i read ur wiki page and OMFG it was tha worst thing ive ever read in my life seriously. as likely as it is that one of ur adoring fanz would write that much stupid **** about u i have an odd feeling that u wrote that urself. *poopz pantz profusely*

actually i only have 3 mouf ptz right now but just read those over a few timez and tell me wut u think ;)

I held my temper for too long, but this time you went too far. If I get banned for this I dont care, but cant just sit back and take this.........

First off you piece of crap, My girl spent a hard time writing that for me, second, I did write it first, she just fixed up for me.

Who the hell you think you are to act like an azz. Oh wait, BE an azz. You like to be all rude and crap. why, is it that your jealous? That you dont have a girl? That a girl can kick your azz and put you to shame? That must be it, or you would not be comming in here and harassing me. You are a waste of smash. and a poor excuse of life even. Dont you dare come out your fvcking mouth and desrespect her like that. You can talk about me all you want. dont care. but her you best to shove those comments down your throat. Your a joke, a lil brick, anything else in the book that defines losers like you. If your jealous just say so, and be on your way. then again, I may see why you would be, who the hell would want someone like you. and if you have someone (which is a shock) I so feel sorry for her. I'll pray for her happiness if I must to be with a brick like you. Ha ha ha, I suck, nice dude.For one one like you, you sure have a lot of mouth. You must suck. people how say others suck and bother them are the ones who are bad. stop being jealous, if you cant beat me its fine, shoot I wont even have to kick your azz, my girl can do it for me, and I can just laugh at you. And please tell me that sig is a joke. The best DK in texas? You must be the joke of the state then. If you leave the state, it will look much better for smash rep. A wanna be bum? Ha ha ha, Now seeing that sig mad me laugh so hard.........oh man........best DK in TX.........*snickers*.....but of course you go on and keep on with your bull. this site has alot of aholes. and I think I found the king of them all. Its ok though, you still are somebody.........

That felt so good to get off my chest. Mods, sorry if you see this. but I could not hold it in anymore, this toll went to far and cant seem to leave me along. He dares insult players of N.Y........oh man..he wont even beat 1/4 of the state.......ok ok, I'll stop here and let you finish this for me.....

Ok, also sorry for all that had to read this, Just had to let some heat out. Now going back to the topic of this thread, thanks for all that gave her good comments its very much welcome. Its good to know that she started playing with roy and she is doing just fine. yea she may make mistakes, by she just started with him a while ago so who wouldnt? Well thanks again, I'll let her lknow about the advice and comments here. she should get better with Roy in no time thanks to you guys:):)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer

I'd like to use my Ambiguous Bans please?

Seriously get over yourself Mouf. Nobody wants to hear what you have to say.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
here's a decent roy (my partner, Rebel581).

no comments on the fox, i had just started playing him. that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp7sYozSFEc

rebel had a stickied roy guide in the forums, dunno if it's still there.

edit: if you want, we can record some roy dittos for her to look at. if she does that.
Sure, there are not enough good roy videos out there, well not any that I know of. so this could help alot. thanks

SSBZalamander

Smash Cadet
so that is wave dashing, i don't see the point it looks pretty much pointless to me, but she was pretty good especially if she just started recently

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
That is his girlfriend. I played Dark.pchs roy. He moves nothin like that.
oh, well that kool, cus shes pretty good. i dont think ive ever known of any girl who played at, such a competitive level, in such a competitive fighting game. now, if we are talking about counter strike, thats a totaly different story, cuz ive seen some ****. :)

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
The Roy should practice timing and waiting to release the b and f-smash. Also, for here to improve more, she needs more experienced players, which means you need to get better too.
Use a fast faller so she can practice chain grabs and comboing.

Over all, good.

Roy: 7/10.
Luigi: looks annoying as hell/10.

your girlfriend must have a lot of patients.

SSBZalamander

Smash Cadet
luigi's are annoying as hell period, nuff said, they are always messing me up when i'm on a monster roll, plus they ripped of mewtwo's slow fall

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Unless Drk.Peach's gf is a doctor/nurse, I doubt she has many patients. Patience, though...XD

I liked it. I don't know Roy that well, so I can't comment much, but she looked like she knew what do to, and it worked. That always counts for something. Has she tried Marth? I know he isn't as cool to play as (everyone seems to have a decent Marth in their pocket now :?--sucks for me as Dr.Mario) but IMO he's better to be aggressive with, especially as she seems to have the whole idea of keeping proper "spacing" down.

Also, kudos for defending your girlfriend from...*thinks of polite word*...jerks (that word it fine, right?) who seem to think girls can't play smash/you're just doting on her cause she's your girlfriend.

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
It's only natural to dote on one's significant other, especially when you're in as unflattering a position towards women as aspiring to being a professional video gamer... I commend you for finding someone who will not only put up with your pursuits, but to share in the endeavor.

That said, the video didn't really amaze me or anything. Nothing jumped out at me as being really awesome, and she seemed to do some really unsafe/stupid things from time to time, but she's definitely got the movement and the techs down. It's a pretty solid start.

Also, off-topic: I'm really surprised nobody here has made any jokes about "checking your girlfriend out" I not only expected it, but anticipated, and I must say, I am disappointed.

SSBZalamander

Smash Cadet
Unless Drk.Peach's gf is a doctor/nurse, I doubt she has many patients. Patience, though...XD

I liked it. I don't know Roy that well, so I can't comment much, but she looked like she knew what do to, and it worked. That always counts for something. Has she tried Marth? I know he isn't as cool to play as (everyone seems to have a decent Marth in their pocket now :?--sucks for me as Dr.Mario) but IMO he's better to be aggressive with, especially as she seems to have the whole idea of keeping proper "spacing" down.

Also, kudos for defending your girlfriend from...*thinks of polite word*...jerks (that word it fine, right?) who seem to think girls can't play smash/you're just doting on her cause she's your girlfriend.

bad pun

i think she was good, but she needs to work on
1. timing with attacks
2. not wasting her time just jumping around because it screwed her up several times
3. learn the roy/marth recovery technique

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
for those of you who haven't seen a technical smasher girl, check out some DynaDash vids. SHe's pretty **** good.

Top Bottom