• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Falcon Thread

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Yeah, lordhelmet you're pretty much correct there. I sucked.

Lol calvo, I thought I was the only one who used Falcon Punch as the Captain's 3rd taunt. But I don't comment dittos either.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Yeah, lordhelmet you're pretty much correct there. I sucked.

Lol calvo, I thought I was the only one who used Falcon Punch as the Captain's 3rd taunt. But I don't comment dittos either.
i thought i was the only one :D

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Ramzeh just rolls that way, I guess.

And that vid isn't meant for a real critique, lol. Even I know I sucked hardcore on that match.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D4Sb19E62A

If you wanted to see King Funk in action against a Falcon and completely DESTROYING me... here it is. The other replay that was saved from that bi-weekly.

Sad thing is, I've already beaten him once or twice. There's an aerial Falcon Kick KO, though, lol priceless
It's simple, you just need to get better at the game. Which means :
-less running more walking
-less friggin rolling behind your opponent
-not using dash attack as an approach
-not playing agressive
-Uairing more
-etc.

I know the Falco matchup is stressing but really walking and shielding is the best thing you can do here.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Lol, it's ok, BL. I think the matches I have recorded where I actually have WON the match are going to speak louder than words :p

I just need to upload them.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Wait what no get this drama out of here

If you aren't rating falcons or posting vids for critique then get out

Winnar

Smash Lord
Seriously, the next post that isn't a fair critique or someone with a video requesting critique gets reported.

This isn't a social thread. Take your shitposts elsewhere. If you have problems with one another then PM each other or go to the social thread.

This is a serious thread for people who want to improve.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Lordhelmet that goes for you, too. I know you're trying to help but the best way you can help is to stop ALL posting that isn't topic related.

That would include responding to this post (unless you also have a critique and/or a video to be critiqued)

Winnar

Smash Lord
Seriously, the next post that isn't a fair critique or someone with a video requesting critique gets reported.

This isn't a social thread. Take your ****posts elsewhere. If you have problems with one another then PM each other or go to the social thread.

This is a serious thread for people who want to improve.
Quoted in case anyone else missed it.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Reported both of you.

I guess I'll repeat it: The only posts that are to be made in this thread are videos of people seeking to be critiqued or of people critiquing said videos. There is literally no other reason for you to be posting here and you will be reported for spamming my thread.

I'm very serious about this, I will report every person who tries to derail this topic until the ****posts stop. There are plenty other threads for you to socialize in. This thread has a very specific purpose and I won't tolerate anyone trying to abuse me or my thread.

If you have a problem with me then PM me, I'm sure we can work something out.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
You guys really like being infracted huh?

Stay on topic, or continue to get infracted.

It's your call.
I get infracted, even if I stay on-topic. Thanks alot.

Also, I need to get vids of me online. I got a few replays, can anyone record them for me?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
What Yosh "said". And if any of you guys need some stuff recorded, either talk to Yosh or me. You can find me in the chat (xat.com/theunitedknees)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
^I actually didn't know that. I've been bothering a friend of mine for days now, just to record my matches, heh.

I'll get back to you (with a PM or something) when I get my hands on those files. All of you other new guys should do the same.

EDIT: well what do you know... one of my replays is already online.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvpoNv9bBYc

The problem is, I sucked at the beginning. And in the middle... Not at the end.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
^I actually didn't know that. I've been bothering a friend of mine for days now, just to record my matches, heh.

I'll get back to you (with a PM or something) when I get my hands on those files. All of you other new guys should do the same.

I was wondering if you were trying to make Fsmash combo into itself :ohwell:
needs more Uair and Utilt
Awesome finish tho :bigthumbu

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Biglord, you need to stop rolling behind your opponent.
Especially when it's someone with a fast both-sides-hitting move.
And yeah, don't try to land smashes when there's nothing to punish.

Winnar

Smash Lord

lol I'ma watch your video and comment on it as I watch.

Don't use raptor boost to recover. It's not that it isn't good for recovery, it's that you don't know WHEN it's good for recovering.

A good Bowser can be surprisingly difficult to fight, he has all the tools to completely shut falcon down. It's really annoying D:

On bowser use u-throw then jump so you fall with him and spam uairs. One will eventually hit

Don't try to up b out of random lol Even if it works it's just kind of embarrassing

Don't spam fsmash. Don't force the kill, it'll come on its own. Having a narrow-minded goal can be very dangerous

Needs SO much more nair. SH Nair is a great approach against characters who are about as tall as pit because they can be hit by the first hit of nair. Keep that in mind whenever you fight taller characters or any player who likes to jump around a lot.

Another up b attempt, but it worked lol

Don't falcon kick into people's shields. It ends in tears 98% of the time

Stop trying to knee people's shields. Even if you sweetspot you still won't hit them and you look silly for it as you eat a billion damage

Stop going for falcon punches forever!

Stop randomly throwing out knees even though there is literally ZERO chance that they will connect. For example at 2:29 you throw out a really random knee that would never ever ever EVER work. You're relying TOO heavily on prediction or intuition and almost completely ignoring reaction.

Last combo was loooooool all kinds of silly

But it DOES bring me to the main thing I wanted to address. You need to be much faster! Watch the first minute, then watch the last minute. First minute there's a lot of waiting, planning. Last minute: No hesitation, you know what you want to do and you go for it. That's what it takes to do well as falcon. You can't ease off the pressure once you start. Falcon has a pretty legit pressure game if you know how to use him, just keep in mind that getting someone on the ropes only matters if you pursue it to the end.

You have potential, you just need to be faster and stop going for things that are infeasible. Don't go for what would be cool if it worked. Go for what you think will work.

Edit - Maaaaajor edit (lol)

Top Bottom