• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Falcon Thread

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I went for a Willz combo at 2:40 but failed lolololol

btw this is a friendly vs best fox in UK lol and the match where I faced Teran and got the 34combo was where my falcon was in **** mode.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I'm not saying to play defensively, I'm telling you that reckless aggression will get you wrecked. I love to play aggressively. It can work, but you also have to keep in mind you don't have to be rushing in constantly to be in their face and keep pressure up. Don't worry about getting the hit, just worry about keeping them in a disadvantageous position. The hit(s) will come if you keep the pressure up.

Willz - Pretty solid play :D

There isn't even a lot that I want to say, maybe that your jab to whatever game has some holes in it that the fox took advantage of, but other than that you have a pretty solid falcon. Good edgeguarding game, good pressure game, overall just smart, solid falcon. Oh and also you're one of the few people who knows how to use falcon punch correctly.

lol I kind of actually want to critique the fox more than I want to critique you

You should find a recent video of you not doing so well, because those are the best for critique since a fresh viewer might see things you're doing wrong that you might not catch.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
my falcon is better than everyone here so stfu i am the best yehzyehzyehz

yeyeyeye im still about

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Wow Gardex, you let Afro beat you and you got two stocked by a Martha.

I didn't watch all of them all the way, but I saw a tad too much rolling and you played aggressive against that Marth D:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
How the hell do you beat a Marth that knows the MU anyways. :p

You can see me do better towards the end against the Marth, but then it was too late :/

And I suck at holding leads. I did infact beat Afro on smashville on our previous MM, and it was just as close, but we didn't save it :/

Winnar

Smash Lord
What the hell

I leave for one hour and you guys spam up my thread again. You seriously can't go circlejerk anywhere else?

forget it do what you want

winnar out

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Gardex : JAB GODDAMMIT. When you rolled behind your opponent (which you shouldn't do that often), be it Marth or Link just JAB.

NO DSMASH.
NO USMASH.
No UTILT.

JAB.

Jab is faster than anything Marth has (save for DS ofc) and faster than anything Link has (save for... nothing).

Willz : really nothing much to say, maybe there was one time where you could have edgehogged Fox but you let go the ledge too early. But that's it.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
My jab usage is really unstable. lawl.
Sometimes I use it a lot, sometimes I dont for some reason.

I LIKE UTILT. I ABUSE IT. ITS JUST TOO SEXY.
Funniest move in the game.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Gardex : JAB GODDAMMIT. When you rolled behind your opponent (which you shouldn't do that often), be it Marth or Link just JAB.

NO DSMASH.
NO USMASH.
No UTILT.

JAB.

Jab is faster than anything Marth has (save for DS ofc) and faster than anything Link has (save for... nothing).

Willz : really nothing much to say, maybe there was one time where you could have edgehogged Fox but you let go the ledge too early. But that's it.
Wait wait wait. I checked the vids again. Against Link I tried something else than jabbing TWO(out of like 30-40) times when I was close to him.
Against Marth, sure, I played more a bit more reckless. That was because I was hoping for a bit of luck. A dsmash puts Marth in a bad position, same with the usmash and sometimes utilt(and btw. I tried usmash and utilt once, no more).
And when I'm down by one stock, then I'm trying to get a quick setup for a low % gimp or so.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Nono Gardex, I'm talking about roll > Dsmash or stuff like that.

You did good at CQC against Link, even the rolls had good timing since you didn't get punished, but why try to Dmash ?

Falcon's smashes are too slow.

Top Bottom