• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Falcon Thread

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I've got two matches of my Falcon up. I don't know if you'll read the descriptions, but I was high as balls during these two matches, and they were tourney.

Match 1

Match 2

Let me just say, I am mostly a Melee player, I play, my Falcon like mostly Agro. I also don't take Brawl too seriously. But I do welcome your critique.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Hey guys, I've got two matches of my Falcon up. I don't know if you'll read the descriptions, but I was high as balls during these two matches, and they were tourney.

Match 1

Match 2

Let me just say, I am mostly a Melee player, I play, my Falcon like mostly Agro. I also don't take Brawl too seriously. But I do welcome your critique.
First game looks good. You got your DI solid and gameplay fluent. You're playing Brawl CF as Melee CF which doesn't work xD

I saw you try to gentlemen>Knee which doesn't work lol, and you go for a lot of Knees which also doesn't work in Brawl. I see that you got plenty of uair spam, just work on remembering that you're playing Brawl and use more jab>grab.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yeah I really do try to play it like Melee Falcon lol. I do forget about the Jab>Grab alot, but I think it's mostly because I'm trying to play Melee Falcon who doesn't Jab>Grab as much as Brawl Falcon.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Mhmm, wayyy too much fair, and not even autocancelled, either. Try to autocancel them so that even if they flub you can follow it up with something.
Also both times you tried to Falcon Punch that I saw, you got horribly punished...I hope you learn from that in the future =D

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
That's EXACTLY what you saw lol.

I actually need to work on autocanceling dair too along with fair. Like I said I mostly play Melee so there are a few things I do/don't do when I play Brawl Falcon.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Well you have good spacing, that's a thing you brought from melee I guess.
All in all you're not that bad, you just have to learn a few things about buffering, momentum cancel and the likes but else you got a pretty decent game.

The thing that hit me most in your vids was the GW, he was incredibad. Like, no Bair, no Nair and no Dtilt. What was he thinking ?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yeah, as far as I know that G&W has only been to a small handful of tourneys, so he was fairly scubby.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
got one more for you guys it's another pools match, this time against one of AZ's Power Ranked players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q03LkHiaRaM

i get two stocked, and I probably went for more knees than the other two matches, but I was
HIGH
, so hopefully you understand.

There's a pretty cute double knee in there for you guys.

also, sorry for double post lol, didn't notice

TheBlackLink

Smash Cadet
Got a few offline vids at the tourney last weekend.

SSBB lordhelmet (CF) vs Judge (Ike)

SSBB lordhelmet (Falcon) vs Demp (DK)

SSBB lordhelmet (Falcon) vs Demp (Lucario)

My game against Judge was probably my best (and most important) I made a few mistakes and blargh blag blah but check them out.

Edit: Anyone? lol
Awesomesauce.
I haven't finished watching all three, but I will say that I like the way you switched things up on that Ike. Midway through the first stock you started forcing him to approach, and punished all the way through. Good stuff.

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Helmet why are you postiing videos here? They should be asking for help from you, not the other way around.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace

Match 1

Match 2

THE ****tiest GnW I've ever seen.

your falcon looks good enough though, rough around the edges but you got your movement spot-on.

A user name

Smash Journeyman
...how about we don't discuss this? I don't want anyone mad...
EDIT: Were can I see videos of ramzeh?

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kT9DD2mT4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z272TebU6CA

My most recent matches after a break from brawl...wifi btw -_-;
Vs DDD: Falcon killed a puppy after you got hit by DDD's rocket hammer >.>
But then he brought the puppy back to life when you did the Sacred Combo :)

You did fall for DDD's grabs a lot (especially in the boxed in area of the Earth Stage)
Also, why you SD in the end? :ohwell:

Vs ZSS: Use jabs to cancel out the armor pieces
Looks like your opponent just got hammered by bad luck

Koorikou

Smash Apprentice
Vs DDD: Falcon killed a puppy after you got hit by DDD's rocket hammer >.>
But then he brought the puppy back to life when you did the Sacred Combo :)

You did fall for DDD's grabs a lot (especially in the boxed in area of the Earth Stage)
Also, why you SD in the end? :ohwell:

Vs ZSS: Use jabs to cancel out the armor pieces
Looks like your opponent just got hammered by bad luck
yeah i was lucky vs zss.
And i sd cus of replay constraints >_>

A user name

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if these videos are good or bad. If they're good, then apparently my Falcons good. If they're bad, no hope for me. In other words we're around the same skill level.(you're better though.). Could someone good tell me if these videos are good or bad?

Top Bottom