• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Falcon Thread

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Sup ramzeh, If you read the description in the video you will see that this wasn't serious, not to mention i haven't played falcon in 3 months. :p

The samus sucks ,hes 53th in our PR(out of 54). I expected more Zair from him.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
lol bucks, don't take Ramz's insults personnally, it's his way to say hi.

Otherwise : play safer, don't rush, shield more and don't use Fair/Dair as approaches. Sometimes you did sweet stuff but most of the match was you rushing then getting hit by Samus.
Also abuse shield against her since her grab sucks so much.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
no one takes me seriously offline tho D:

well, they dont take me seriously on wifi either so i dunno

ill play some matches against an offline snake today and see how i do

you need to come to the falcon boards more often man :D

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah he actually does know how to fight Ganon. Admittedly wifi lag is gay, but he frame trap juggled me pretty consistently.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Stop talking about WiFi. 3:

Sup ramzeh, If you read the description in the video you will see that this wasn't serious, not to mention i haven't played falcon in 3 months. :p
I'm not talking about your skill level, I was talking about the baffling amount of wasted time between attacks. When offline matches look like WiFi, you're doing it wrong.

lol bucks, don't take Ramz's insults personnally, it's his way to say hi.
Iloveyou.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Random Money Matches lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svTXMC8DpEc
Game 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMfOxMISmEM&feature=related
Game 2

Yes it was somewhat random but **** pretty much anyways......I mean it's ganon come on lol

This was during a turkey tournament....I entered for the lulz....my boy Nike's got a mean Marth though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNo4tGvWnAo&feature=related
Nike (Marth) vs Batou (Captain Falcon)

During the same tournament, that last Ganondorf asked for a Monemy Match Rematch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIumKM2bJUM&feature=related
Maaaan (Ganondorf) vs. Batou (Captain Falcon)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Pretty cool games lol. Sucks it was just Ganon.

Btw, whenever you see him start a Flame Joke, just hold down jab. Don't screw around with nairs, spotdodges, and shields.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I like your use of pivot grab batou seems like me and you are the only ones that utilize that. Overall some better decisions could have been made in the matchups but that comes with practice and learning. You had some pretty scary raptor boosts that could have and sometimes were punished so I would watch out with those. Against Marth keep him on those platforms and up air the **** out of him. I would also suggest using sliding shield approaches more as well, it can keep you safe and help you get in and get a grab easier.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Pretty cool games lol. Sucks it was just Ganon.

Btw, whenever you see him start a Flame Joke, just hold down jab. Don't screw around with nairs, spotdodges, and shields.

I would start a flame joke, however I don't think that ganondorf's gonna be able to read it, since he's in the hospital for me kneeing the **** out of his private parts...

Uair more and learn to momentum cancel.
That'll get you a lot better.
Of all the things I need to learn in brawl, Momentum Cancelling and Glide tossing are two of the major techs I wanna learn. You are right those, more use of Uairs would of made these matches hella easier...but most of them were anyways :D

I like your use of pivot grab batou seems like me and you are the only ones that utilize that. Overall some better decisions could have been made in the matchups but that comes with practice and learning. You had some pretty scary raptor boosts that could have and sometimes were punished so I would watch out with those. Against Marth keep him on those platforms and up air the **** out of him. I would also suggest using sliding shield approaches more as well, it can keep you safe and help you get in and get a grab easier.

If you think about it Psychoace, WE ARE THE ONLY TWO CAPTAIN FALCON MAINS IN TEXAS.....so we're the only ones who have use of his pivot grab. (I call it the gladiator slide...it just looks like he's skating on ice like luigi's wavedash lol )

I like to mix it up...use the pivot grab for those people who are bomb *****s or Mk players...even though it's pretty dangerous to do it against the MK players....but ask Infinity..it just works against him all the time lol

Anyways here's another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RJ7AyOtl3s&feature=related
RX (Snake) vs Batou (Captain Falcon)

I did this set when I was buzzed. True story :D

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Don't learn glide toss, learn to buffer instead.
It'll level up your gameplay by 100.
Well I never learned how to "buffer" in Brawl, only in Street Fighter.
I certainly do not know what it means to buffer in brawl....
It's probably something I have been doing but never really got the explanation on...

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Oh I've seen the guide...I just don't think that buffering helps Captain Falcon that much....but it's still important data to take into consideration....

Ramzeh I"m stealing that picture :D

lordhelmet

Smash Master
idk, i think i did pretty good against wifi m******

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4KvfbPNDJw
Less smash attacks. Stop trying to beat out his attacks. Work on your ledge recovering. Less spotdodging. Less "craziness" (IK it was a friendly). Stop blindly attacking because MK consistently ***** your nair lag.

0:14 - You rolled right under him and got dsmashed. Should have jumped or got up.
0:14 - Don't utilt up close. Stick with jabs.
0:23 - GUA wasn't a bad choice here, especially since his shield was low. Still, he PS'd and ***** you. Roll in would have been safer.
1:01-1:04 - You basically tried (or just a lapse in judgement) to beat out his attacks and got pooped on.
1:49 - You can't grab his sword.
2:02-2:07 - You just did 4 smash attacks in a row, none of which would score a KO even if they landed.
2:31 - Glide attack > fsmash
2:50 - Shuttle loop > fair. Don't try to fight MK in his (very) good zones. Just get out of there.
3:04 - Again, MK was just waiting for you to GUA. Either roll in, drop down and uair, or drop down and up-b (while holding down) to surpass the ledge and grab him.
3:22 - You rolled right behind him. Jumping probably would've been your best bet.

MK is really gay and the MU is even harder on wifi. No matter what you do he can beat it, just choose the best options.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Lol Calvo, you're not bad but that Falco is, and you push your luck a little too much so you get ***** when he stops playing stupid.

-Derezzed-

Smash Rookie
Not bad. You definitely know what to do as falcon. In a doubles match, things move fast and control switches. you did a good job controlling whatever situation you were in by focusing on one person at a time, especially in the beginning. And nice use of stage to cancel raptor boost into that slide (i forgot what that was called. Ayaz posted it such a long time ago.)

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Don't dash attack too much. I know you want to get your opponent into the air, but the hitbox comes out too late in the move. Its fine to use it A LITTLE. but it seems to be your only option on the ground.
On top of that, use AC D-air a bit more. I saw far too many full hop D-airs that were missed by a mile. In doubles chances are higher that you're gonna hit someone with the move and you still missed it :p

sorry if it sounds like im bashing you. its just these are the things i think you can work on.

Top Bottom