• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A "Rate my bowser" Thread - Post YOUR bowser vids here

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Already showed this to Gimpy for lolz but this video is really funny

What happens when KevinM misses his wavelands
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KOQ2Er2Wyuw

The Solution
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bXI833fIje0

First day i used character in second video lol

Keep in mind, for Budai's sake and mine this was at like 11ish after a tournament so everyone was tired.. but hey no johns

Don't worry about rating it, this isn't me looking for a critique otherwise i'd get some of the tournament videos

Just doin it for the lulz

I almost beat him without dashing too but i stopped near the end :lick:

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, Haruno asked if I had any vids so i thought of a way to make my own. Here's my bowser in what some may say is the "best" quality ever! Ok, enjoy if ya want and tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td7Oz5MVG9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hGDLkrb8jY

I really think you have a excellent Bowser. On the cool, you actually play like I do. Like seriously. Everything you do I pretty much do. Except I use turn around neutral-b a lot. Your awesome. Although that Marth may have not been on the $ that day. I believe all Marths shouldn't have a hard time with Koopa. Unless the player is smarter, clearly better, or just very odd way of play your opponent is not use to which is rare. Because he looked like he knew what he was doing, but it just wasnt happening.:laugh:

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Mr.B, your Bowser is decent. you move around the stage well, space your attacks okay, and follow up well. However, your opponent was apperantly at the playing level where they had to concentrate fully on tech skill and almost none on your movements, what actions he should take to counter them, etc. You took good advantage of his terrible spacing and predictability. You were sorta repetitive yourself, but thats what worked on your roommate, so eh. I would like to see some non-FD matches against a better opponent personally.

and EazyP... more hilarity and awesomeness as usual. XD It was cool to see you play against a good player.

I have yet more friendly matches against Pynk everybody. This time they're against his Falcon, and while I know all of them aren't great matches, I'm uploading all of them because we went even out of 6 matches.
Overall, my tech skill was a bit off that day, so I was playing a little slow. I also played too much by prediction and not enough by observation, which shows in the klaw attempts that I shouldn't have done. Still fun matches I think.

vs Pynk (CF) 1 [FD]
vs Pynk (CF) 2 [DL]
vs Pynk (CF) 3 [FoD]
vs Pynk (CF) 4 [PS]
vs Pynk (CF) 5 [FoD] <- yayay best match for Bowser XD
vs Pynk (CF) 6 [DL]

But yeah, basically just some fun matches. I should be getting some matches against other people next weekend, so yay.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
This is just a friendlies between myself and my buddy Sunshine, and yes, that is his actual nickname. XD Forgot how he got it, but anyways, hehe. This isn't our greatest of matches, would just like some feedback though of how I can improve my Bowser, if ya'll wouldn't mind. ^-^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m65hxEQJCm0

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I would recommend not using the dair. It's laggy (which, I guess most of Bowser's moves are) but more than that, it doesn't clear your opponent out and it doesn't combo into anything, really. Which means your opponent is going to be right next to you while you're lagging, which is bad. Try using the nair instead.

You're doublejumping a lot... which probably isn't a good thing. For one, you're opening yourself up to a lot of juggles, since Bowser doesn't have any good ways to get down and you're a pretty big target for juggling. Secondly, if you get knocked off the stage, you want to have your options open, and to be able to get that bit of vertical distance, little as it may be. In any case, Bowser's doublejump probably won't fake anyone out. If you need to break out of tumble, wiggle out. If you think your opponent will shield, Koopa Klaw. Doublejumping is rarely your best option.

Once you land a hit on a character like Young Link (this applies to all characters, but especially for a projectile heavy character like Young Link) you need to follow him closely. You don't want to have to wade through all the projectiles again to get him, right? Don't be afraid of close quarter combat, you have the Whirling Fortress!

Also, play four stock and don't miss L-cancels.

I would almost recommend not spotdodging. Bowser's spotdodge is really really punishable, especially when you're not moving. Try rolling or jumping instead... or the ever popular Fortress out of shield!

Grab more. Grabs are fairly safe, reasonably fast, unshieldable and most importantly, give you total control of the match, at least for that moment. You can dthrow for the techchase and corner him in a bad position, uthrow to try for a combo or use the fthrow or bthrow to set up an edgeguard. Whatever you like.

When your opponent is standing right up next to the ledge, try ledgehop Klaw. A lot of people will see the ledgehop and try to shieldgrab, and you can grab and throw them off for the edgeguard. Or you could just grab and throw them off even if they don't shield. It's good stuff. And just in general, make sure you ledgestall before you ledgehop and just ledgestall in general. Nothing sucks more than getting hit off the ledge.

Shffl'd uairs on the approach really aren't a good idea. If you want to pop them up, grab and uthrow instead, or Klaw and fthrow.

Fsmashes are cool and funny to hit with, but don't forget about the ftilt.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
I would recommend not using the dair. It's laggy (which, I guess most of Bowser's moves are) but more than that, it doesn't clear your opponent out and it doesn't combo into anything, really. Which means your opponent is going to be right next to you while you're lagging, which is bad. Try using the nair instead.

You're doublejumping a lot... which probably isn't a good thing. For one, you're opening yourself up to a lot of juggles, since Bowser doesn't have any good ways to get down and you're a pretty big target for juggling. Secondly, if you get knocked off the stage, you want to have your options open, and to be able to get that bit of vertical distance, little as it may be. In any case, Bowser's doublejump probably won't fake anyone out. If you need to break out of tumble, wiggle out. If you think your opponent will shield, Koopa Klaw. Doublejumping is rarely your best option.

Once you land a hit on a character like Young Link (this applies to all characters, but especially for a projectile heavy character like Young Link) you need to follow him closely. You don't want to have to wade through all the projectiles again to get him, right? Don't be afraid of close quarter combat, you have the Whirling Fortress!

Also, play four stock and don't miss L-cancels.

I would almost recommend not spotdodging. Bowser's spotdodge is really really punishable, especially when you're not moving. Try rolling or jumping instead... or the ever popular Fortress out of shield!

Grab more. Grabs are fairly safe, reasonably fast, unshieldable and most importantly, give you total control of the match, at least for that moment. You can dthrow for the techchase and corner him in a bad position, uthrow to try for a combo or use the fthrow or bthrow to set up an edgeguard. Whatever you like.

When your opponent is standing right up next to the ledge, try ledgehop Klaw. A lot of people will see the ledgehop and try to shieldgrab, and you can grab and throw them off for the edgeguard. Or you could just grab and throw them off even if they don't shield. It's good stuff. And just in general, make sure you ledgestall before you ledgehop and just ledgestall in general. Nothing sucks more than getting hit off the ledge.

Shffl'd uairs on the approach really aren't a good idea. If you want to pop them up, grab and uthrow instead, or Klaw and fthrow.

Fsmashes are cool and funny to hit with, but don't forget about the ftilt.
Appreciate the advice. I dunno why but I have a bad habit of doublejumping, with almost any character that I play, safe for a view. The main reason I like the dair though is that, against a few characters, I can rush in for a grab. Or try to anyways. x.x Hehe. I've tried the Koopa Klaw on him a few times, but my aim with it is horrible, and as you mentioned, I need to start using Fortress in tight situations. >.< Only real thing I can do is get better and try to read him more. Thanks again dude. ^-^

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
*save for a few <_<

I think you have to be fairly close to grab with the Klaw, but the grab frames and the frames it would normally hit are the same.

I'm actually surprised you posted here, it looks like a lot of these vids haven't been replied to. Oh well, too late now.

EDIT:

I think it's probably the closest circle. Not sure.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Eh, figured I'd try anyways, only real way to rather than make a thread when I could just post here. -Shrugs-

Besides, if I plan to improve my game and my Bowser, I need all the advice/help I can get. Bowser is one of my fun characters to play, for a bit of spice. Although lately I've been debatin' on makin' him my primary. Time will just have to tell.

Edit: The image display of the claw range and the grab range actually helps out a bit. I have a better idea of exactly how close I have to be to grab them and not just slash at 'em.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I wouldn't make him your main. Unless you have a rock solid grasp of mindgames and can very quickly pick up on any and all punishable patterns by your opponent (like within one or two stocks) it's going to always be an retardedly uphill battle.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
True, but hey, I usually take the hard and unlikely to beat path. I'm just more with liking the lower tiers than anything and like to get good with 'em. Bowser is just one that I thought would be interesting and fun to play, and he has been so far. But eh, still not sure what I'mma do just yet. Will only aim to get better with him, in the least.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
The thing is, the path of Bowser doesn't necessarily lead to the same place as the path of Fox =P

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
True, it just leads to some messed up fun times. XD I actually feel proud though, I did use the majority of the advice you gave me, except for the occasional doublejump just cuz. >.< And I was actually able to beat my cousin's Falco and C. Falcon last night several times. And, 9/10 times, he beats me no matter who I use when he plays Falco, but meh. XD I at least won with Bowser! XD!

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well there's rarely anything that's like... "You should never do this", it's just general advice. And congrats =)

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Well I hear ya on it, just the double jumping as caused me a lot of grief, and from the setups that it gives like ya said. But still. Hehe, and thanks.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
don't afraid to edgeguard more aggressively--d-smashing rather than simply interrupting his up Bs seemed kinda meh.

Also, act faster after the klaw f-throw, I guess.

Besides that, pretty nice. I totally wanna play that fox XD

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
I usually flame cancel when I can and downward facing ftilt or fsmash if I think he's not gonna sweetspot. Dsmash sometimes gets the hit that sends them down too + I almost always get a tech chase if they land on the stage.

And I think my last kill was a pretty aggressive edgeguard, no? :p

thanks for the tips though.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
No problem--my tips were just personal nitpicks (coming from a doc/sheik user) so I might be a bit biased anyways ;)

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Nuff said lol. 3 Game Tournament set VS Scar's Captain Falcon in back in September with Commentary. The set is super intense..
Game 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWPm1fE4Klw

Game 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGa-geUPvzY

Game 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aNllt-IJLI

Sorry for the horrid quality it was a rip from livestream and I tried to improve the quality as much as possible so that it is at least watchable.

This is how you have to play against Falcon (Try to be grounded, crouch cancel as many knees as possible. When falcon is off the stage, make sure he never gets on again. REally easy to gimp. All the game changing edgeguard mistakes in near the end of game 3 were technical mistakes and clearly prooved that I choked.

If you guys ever have any questions about DI'ing with bowser, dont hestitate to ask. (DI's for getting out of combos and survival DI in general).

I will post these bad boys up on the questions&advice thread, and matchup threads.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
bump. if this thread is still alive, someone please rate my bowser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6mx4LOb3SY
You're getting there.
I saw some minor problems with your L-canceling. Try and get it perfect, if you can. Bowser can't afford to be slowed down by his own lag.
Second, you should use more up-b. It's way too good.
Also, try and move around more. Holding your shield and waiting for your enemy to approach usually isn't the best option.
Lastly, don't ever do more than one forward smash in a row from the same spot.
Like I said, you're getting there.
Keep it up. :)

By-Tor

Smash Cadet
thanks a lot! I honestly think my bowser is a lot better than my top tier secondaries, I'll keep at it!

Hatacatan

Smash Cadet
I liked it. The edgeguard in the end was nice. You hit him off the stage at 30 % and made sure that he won't return, this is how Bowser works.
I also think you should be a bit more carefull about your forward smash. It is a great move, but it will only hit if you predict a laggy move and dodge it with it, or when you are edgeguarding your opponent.
Fortressing out of shield is less punishable than the grab if your opponent spot dodges, because one of it's hits will always connect. The fortress is awsome in general if the opponent stands close.

I also do better with Bowser than with Top/High Tiers... I tried Fox and Falcon, but yeah, my Bowser still works better.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
I wish more people would post videos.
Heck, I wish I had a capture card so I could post some stuff.

Edit: 200th post, in the Bowser boards. Oh yeeeah.

By-Tor

Smash Cadet
I'll upload one next time I can get a match with Weruop. I spam the Up-B more. It's certainly an amazing move

The Phenom

Smash Lord
The Bump of Life lol!

My sexy set with Lambchops using my Bowser of Love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSJE17bQAwA
Once I'm done with my future Melee videos and one other video. I'm sooo going to make Bowser one of my mains and I'm going to make a Combo Video for my Bowser. Just like I did for my Game and Watch and just like I'm doing for my Mewtwo right now.

I reallly enjoy watching the levels of depth you play on using Bowser.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Once I'm done with my future Melee videos and one other video. I'm sooo going to make Bowser one of my mains and I'm going to make a Combo Video for my Bowser. Just like I did for my Game and Watch and just like I'm doing for my Mewtwo right now.

I reallly enjoy watching the levels of depth you play on using Bowser.
Thats whats up. I'm planning on hopefully releasing my long-awaited combo video featuring all my mains this year. Thanks for the compliment :)

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Thats whats up. I'm planning on hopefully releasing my long-awaited combo video featuring all my mains this year. Thanks for the compliment :)
Pretty dam sure its going to prove to be very entertaining. I'm probably going to watch that video then when I host a smashfest with all my friends cuz thats what we do.

I haven't seen your Samus ever lol. I guess I'll watch it when the combo video is out lol. Anyways I'd rather see your Bowser all the time. But I guess we only take out our low tier beasts when we feel like it no? haha!

-Can't wait, definitely going to be thinking about your combo video.
---------
CLASS 0F 2009!!!

Top Bottom