• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Cort's Marth

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I'm an RA at my school and have to work the entire weekend, otherwise I'd go :(

Stupid furthering of my education >:^(

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
one thing i noticed cort is that i'd say on match 1 you naired WAY to much coming back from the edge against pc, and he saw it coming like every time.

just thought i'd throw that out there.

TelQuel

Smash Cadet
Man I gotta learn to record vids so you guys can critique me. Some of those fights are amazing. Like Cort vs Chris 4 as marth and fox. Good lord there's some tech in there.

metroid1117

Smash Master
If you gimped less we would actually have some match material to critique >.>.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you use counter for anything besides edgeguarding? I saw you use it a couple of times when your opponent was on the edge in an attempt to set up for another gimp edgeguard, but why not during open combat? A player as skilled as you should certainly be able to predict when your opponent will attack or not.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
If you gimped less we would actually have some match material to critique >.>.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you use counter for anything besides edgeguarding? I saw you use it a couple of times when your opponent was on the edge in an attempt to set up for another gimp edgeguard, but why not during open combat? A player as skilled as you should certainly be able to predict when your opponent will attack or not.
Because there are a lot of other moves he could use to interupt an attack besides counter. Those other moves (fair, nair, utilt, ect.) are a lot easier to follow up then counter.

aMtt

Smash Apprentice
You're a beast. You really should use him in tournaments.

And Legend of Legaia was a fun game; I wondered if that was where you got the name Cort, and the youtube name "raserucort" confirmed it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Down tilt is very easy to move off of, down smash is hardly ever useful because of its lag, plus Marth can be punished for it if he uses the Dsmash at lower percents.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Dsmash ***** Sheik when you're trying to edgeguard her and you tipper the dsmash. Very good kill move and easier to tipper than fsmash... I think.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
/fails

+1 post count though. Hooray.

Zoso tippered a dsmash on me and I died really quickly so I though that it was easier, when in fact he just did it because it looks cooler.

Top Bottom