• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Cort's Marth

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Probably would end up who had the better mind games. Though, I don't know how you would be able to pull sick mind games on yourself :p

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
*takes advantage to discourage the watching of Bleach and Naruto because they're horrible*

Their voices in english are pretty bad, but I like the storyline (now if only the could just speed it up a little and not have any fillers ever again.)

As for critiquing (I spelled that wrong didn't I) I noticed that you like to use your second jump as soon as you get to about stage level. Try mixing it up and recovering low every once in a while.

Then again, you're a lot better than me anyway, so taking my advice might not be the best idea.

Cort

Apple Head
I donno what you mean. I know how to recover.

PC makes it hard to tell whether or not he's going to stay on the ledge or attempt to wait for me to up b early, or whatnot, so I mix it up as often as possible.

TelQuel

Smash Cadet
Where are all these top smash guys from? It sucks to be a smash guy in Nova Scotia let me tell ya. There are some godly 64 players here but melee isn't that big. I'd love to play a tournament but it's always so far away.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I donno what you mean. I know how to recover.

PC makes it hard to tell whether or not he's going to stay on the ledge or attempt to wait for me to up b early, or whatnot, so I mix it up as often as possible.
Hey, it's just something I noticed. Looking through the vids again, you did mix it up a bit. It just seems like a tendency thoughout the vids for you to jump when your about a character length above or below stage level.

Cort

Apple Head
zomgthisweekend

Gonna get that papier mache stitchface?

Or just win with marf because he's infinitely more able vs foxes than peach D:
how to play marf as a peach main?
I'm getting that stitchface. The only person I'm using Marth against is PC.
Hey, it's just something I noticed. Looking through the vids again, you did mix it up a bit. It just seems like a tendency thoughout the vids for you to jump when your about a character length above or below stage level.
word

sweet spotting the ledge with your dj = key

TelQuel

Smash Cadet
Heh, man I really wish I could play people that competitive. I think I'm hitting my roof without buying new controllers and finding new opponents. How often do you guys replace your controllers? I'm really hard on them. I practice slowing fox's descent by shining on and off and on and off all the time.

TelQuel

Smash Cadet
I go through a controller once every like 6 months - 1 year.
Yeah I have a lot of smash parties and I guess these controllers are several years old. A lot of the control/c-sticks don't work right anymore. The buttons are all worn out so short-hopping is hard and some of them stick. It's hurting my tech. heh.

I wish I had gotten into melee sooner. I've been a die hard 64 Smasher. I am worried that Brawl is going to be lame.

EDIT: What's a fox player to do? Fox looks like he has fetal alcohol syndrome in Brawl wtf?!@

TelQuel

Smash Cadet
LOL. Best description. ever.
I can't win without a handsome fighter!@# I'll have to use Pit in the new game. He looks pretty slick. Who are you going to use, Cort? Btw I may start playing Marth more as I love shieldspiking with fox so counter-spiking with Marth looks satisfying too. I'm not a good player but I am insanely aggressive with my shield.

Cort

Apple Head
Considering I usually play Peach and Peach plays a lot like she does in Brawl and Melee, probably.... someone fun.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Here's a critique on your marth:

Your marth makes too many fast movements. All a person needs to do is fsmash ftw. Try standing in one place for five to ten seconds and see your opponent make tons of punishable mistakes.

That off the stage bull**** needs to stop. It's just unnecessary and incredibly dangerous. A true smash player builds up damage and fsmashes ftw.

Oh, I didn't see enough fsmash. It's marth's best move!

You never full jump. I feel there are many uses for it. Full jump + counter is amazing.

You grab too much. A good opponent will make it impossible to grab them so much by rolling.

In general, just play better people in order to get better. You apparently need to travel more to tournaments and play truly skilled players. Other than that, I'd say you have an OK marth. Keep practicing, and remember to fsmash ftw.

:joyful:

I know you made this thread to get rated only because your other one was closed, but just in case there was some honest desire to get rated, I'll give your marth a 9.6 out of 10, where Mew2king is a 10, and I am a 5.0. I hope to play you sometime in tournament; perhaps at Pound 3?

DarkLink--Ita

Smash Cadet
Wow, sick Marth O_o

50 seconds, lol

And the DN tags are awesome, even if Kira will be better to Marth, for his grace, and the tag "L" to Sheik (just kidding) :p

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Do you typically wait on the ledge's when Fox respawns on the stage? I know the dividends pay well if the Fox is careless and you get him off, but they also have a high reward for Fox if he manages to get a shine in.

I guess it's just a matter of comfort in who your opponent is.

Cort

Apple Head
You can generally be somewhat safe as long as you attempt to sweet spot or do the ledge jumps fast enough and are not too careless when the Fox actually approaches (you stop doing them as he approaches and see what he does)

Protoguy

Smash Cadet
Sweet vids! You seriously should switch to maining Marth...

And the Death Note tags are flippin awesome! Ryuk >>>>> All

Cort

Apple Head
Marth is so much better than Peach. I play.. everyone. But I'm not very confident with Marth in tournaments, it would be hard to switch.

Cort

Apple Head
Well, M2K manages to make every Sheik he ever plays look like ******** puppets he's playing around with. u_u

Cort

Apple Head
Come to VLS this weekend and play me. :)

I'll probably be traveling around a lot next year, if Brawl proves to be awesome.

Top Bottom