• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglover

Smash Lord
You guys aren't being very nice to Yoshi! Yoshi most definitely deserves a new rep, and Shy guy is more likely than koopa (or even paratroopa) in terms of being a generic enemy because the mario series has loads of deserving characters, and koopa's not one of them. Whereas the where the Yoshi series is right now, it has 3 (maybe 4) Kamek, baby bros, Shy guy and possibly baby bowser.
Want: 4.2 baby bros is a five for me, and shy guy's my second-most-wanted yoshi rep.
likelihood: 1.9 Above.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yes, Yoshi may receive another rep (albeit unlikely). However, I'd put that newcomer on Kamek or Baby Mario and Luigi over Shy Guy. Additionally, many people view Yoshi as an extension of Super Mario Bros. more so than Donkey Kong or Wario. Being that, Shy Guy and a Yoshi newcomer has to compete with popular Mario characters that have yet to be included. We aren't bieng unfair or mean but realistic.

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jigglover, once again, you fail to realize that Shy Guy is a Mario character, though. Evidence? Sakurai grouped him with the Mario series trophies in Brawl.

Want: 0

Toad or Junior pls.

Likelihood: 0.01

Only because he IS a Nintendo character from a good series. He gets the lowest possible non-zero score.

Predicting a 4.7 for Jigglypuff because of stupid people.

Nominations: Meta Knight x5

jigglover

Smash Lord
Shy guy could very well be a Mario or Yoshi rep, but currently his best chances lie with Yoshi and that is why I am speaking of him so in a thread where talk about best chances.
Nominations: Baby bros. x5
Prediction: 4.67

D

Deleted member

In a Mario standpoint, he's got low chances due to stiff competition and being a minor enemy.

In a Yoshi standpoint, he's got low chances to to being a minor enemy and the sheer unlikelyness of Yoshi getting a new character.

No matter how you slice it, Shy Guy has a really low chance.

jigglover

Smash Lord
In a Mario standpoint, he's got low chances due to stiff competition and being a minor enemy.

In a Yoshi standpoint, he's got low chances to to being a minor enemy and the sheer unlikelyness of Yoshi getting a new character.

No matter how you slice it, Shy Guy has a really low chance.
That's why I gave him only a 1.9. He is of the main three characters with fairly good chances for Yoshi, though I admit he is behind Kamek and Baby bros.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Jigglover, once again, you fail to realize that Shy Guy is a Mario character, though. Evidence? Sakurai grouped him with the Mario series trophies in Brawl.
Shy Guy didn't even originate from Mario, and he's seen in pretty much every Yoshi game.

Anyway.

Want: 0

Likelihood: 0.5

He would be a waste of space honestly, i simply just don't want him. And there are way too many other popular demands which makes his chance of being playable obsolete.

Prediction for Jiggz: 4.75

She has been around since the beginning, she doesn't deserve to get dropped.

Nom: :pichu: x2 Toon Zelda x2 Bayonetta x1

jigglover

Smash Lord
Where were you when it was me versus the world in a raging debate (as debates go) with EVERYBODY saying that he was he a Mario character and I alone was arguing that he was Yoshi!?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He's a Donkey Kong character.

Shy Guy first appeared in a Mario game. Mario first appeared in Donkey Kong.

That makes everyone Donkey Kong characters

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, I change my mind. Donkey Kong was originally made to be a popeye game, so I suggest that Shy Guy is a popeye character

Edit: Because he's a popeye character, that makes him unable to be in Sm4sh...

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
But Nintendo didn't own the rights to use Popeye, so that idea was scratched. Back to Donkey Kong, that's just the title of the arcade game. The protagonist is Mario (Jumpman at that time), the first real Donkey Kong game has to be DK Jr. Where Mario was the antagonist, for some reason. And not to mention DK Jr. is the Donkey Kong we see today. His own franchise didn't start untill Donkey Kong Country.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But Nintendo didn't own the rights to use Popeye, so that idea was scratched. Back to Donkey Kong, that's just the title of the arcade game. The protagonist is Mario (Jumpman at that time), the first real Donkey Kong game has to be DK Jr. Where Mario was the antagonist, for some reason. And not to mention DK Jr. is the Donkey Kong we see today. His own franchise didn't start untill Donkey Kong Country.
Donkey Kong jr and Donkey Kong 3 disagree with you about it being a Mario series

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think it matters that Donkey Kong wasn't playable in the first game, it's still a Donkey Kong series

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Donkey Kong isn't playable in 2 of the Donkey Kong Country games. That makes them not in the Donkey Kong franchise

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Well technically they do, because the series originated with him. Even though i found it ironic how he was only playable in the first one. (Except for Returns)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's called Donkey Kong, Cranky Kong's real name is Donkey Kong.

Cranky Kong is in ALL the DKC and Donkey Kong NES games.

The series are all Donkey Kong Games

The titles link them as a series, a franchise of the character Donkey Kong.

There is just multiple generations of Donkey Kong

Legend of Zelda focuses on Link and Zelda, and None of the Links and Zeldas are the same person

D

Deleted member

I believe Nintendo counts the original Donkey Kong for the arcade as the start of BOTH the Mario series and the Donkey Kong series.

It also helps that the Donkey Kong GB game essentially introduces Mario to Super Mushrooms and the Mushroom Kingdom canonwise.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want: 2
Likelihood: 0.15

Shy Guy is far, far behind Kamek and the Baby Mario Bros. in terms of a "Yoshi rep" (even though he's really a Mario character), which is far, far behind a whole truckload of series in terms of being included in the first place. I've never seen Shy Guy suggested at all outside a small pocket of hopefuls on SWF. He's one of the least likely characters suggested thus far.

Predicting 4.88 for Jigglypuff, once again, because of stupid people who think she was going to be cut when, you know, she never was.
Nominate King Hippo x3, Groose x2

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
It's called Donkey Kong, Cranky Kong's real name is Donkey Kong.

Cranky Kong is in ALL the DKC and Donkey Kong NES games.

The series are all Donkey Kong Games

The titles link them as a series, a franchise of the character Donkey Kong.

There is just multiple generations of Donkey Kong

Legend of Zelda focuses on Link and Zelda, and None of the Links and Zeldas are the same person
I know Cranky has had roles in all of the games, but i was focusing on the fact that he was never really the protagonist. About Link and Zelda, there is always an incarnation of Zelda, same with Link. You forgot that Majoras Mask, Adventures of Link and Phantom Hourglass have the same Link's and Zelda's by the way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really don't see why you don't think the Donkey Kong series is connected because none of the games have the same protagonist.

It's like saying Godzilla isn't in the Godzilla franchise because he was a villain instead of a hero in it.

Donkey Kong was basically a King Kong rip off. The hero doesn't matter, the series is about the Monster.

Like Frankenstein, like Godzilla, King Kong, Dracula, etc. The antagonist is the what the series is about.

Edit: I would like to mention that not ALL Godzillas in the franchise are the same character. Some of the Godzillas die in the franchise and their son/ daughter grows up to fill the role. Some are heroes, some are villains, more or less to each. But it's still the same series. The human protagonists are interchangeable without much care. Donkey Kong is just the newest in the line of the Donkey Kongs to make the Donkey Kong franchise. Him a hero, his father a villain.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Shy Guy didn't even originate from Mario, and he's seen in pretty much every Yoshi game.

Anyway.
Doesn't matter. Sakurai thinks he's a Mario character, and that is really all that matters. The trophy thing kinda proves it...

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff WILL be in the next Smash Bros.

Shy Guy seems like a decent addition, but kind of unlikely.

Likelihood: 1.5/5
Want: 3/5

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Want: 0.1
Other than Pokemon, I personally do not want to see any more generic characters. I would take Shy Guy over a Goomba or Koopa Troopa though.

Likelihood: 0.1
No matter what series he would count towards (though it would be Mario), Shy Guy really doesn't merit inclusion. Sure, he's got a bit more popularity than some other generic enemies, but he is barely requested and has very little popularity compared to not only the likely Mario characters (Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi), but even compared to the longshot characters (Rosalina, Daisy, Kamek). He's not going to be playable for Smash 4 and will very likely never become playable in Smash.

Nomz:
x5 Balloon Fighter

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Shy Guy?

Want = 0
Likelihood = 0

I like Shy Guy but I'd rather have Toad instead. Shy Guy isn't the kind of character who would grab Sakurai's attention since it's a generic enemy. Maybe in a Mario/Smash spin-off game...

Nomination = Duck Hunt Dog, King Hippo, Tingle, Meowth, Impa

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

Tingle x3
Sonic x2

Voting & Discussing

Shy Guy

Personal Bias: 0.5
Likelihood: 0

I wouldn't mind a Shy Guy because I think they are cute. :p However, more important & popular Mario or Yoshi characters have priority.

Prediction

Jigglypuff: 4.1

:phone:

Genericmartini

Smash Cadet
I feel like i'm beating a dead horse here. but....
Likelihood: 0.19

Want:0

I just do not have a desire to play as Shy Guy, regardless of who he represents: Mario(who has more deserving reps, but doesn't really need a new one) or Yoshi(Yoshi needs a new rep? Since when?). His moveset seems unappealing, his design is unappealing, his status as enemy doesn't assist him, and he, in the realm of giving me a reason to play as him or buy the game, does not give me any reason

Adam Malkovich x2
Travis Touchdown x3

D

Deleted member

It's rather interesting. Yesterday ended with wide uprising of cheering with Ike leaving and everyone booing Shy Guy being up. The result, as predictable as it was, very shy-worthy.

Shy Guy's want rating was rather absymal, sitting at a .7 in want. His likelihood got him second last place in that category. SmashShadow laughed at him as he enjoyed his five extra nominations.

As everyone was cursing Shy Guy's name in anger, a puffball was rushing towards the platform. Noticing someone in the way, the puffball immediately kicked the generic enemy off-stage.

Jigglypuff has always been one of the more controversial additions and still is to this day. But would she nevertheless return or would she finally receive the axe?

Day Fifty-Three has began! Day ends tomorrow night. Until then, you will be voting for Jigglypuff and predicting what Balloon Fighter gets tomorrow.

I give Jigglypuff a 5 in want and likelihood. I am strongly against cuts and this extends towards Jigglypuff. The only people who would think she has a realistic chance of being cut are the same people who don't want her in.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Want: 2
I'd rather not see her in, but that doesn't really mean anything.
Likelihood: 4.95
If any original 12 get cut, it'd probably be Jiggs over Ness (at least from a Western perspective?). I doubt that'll happen though.

Balloon Fighter: 1.6

Nominations: Sonic is already next by far, so Snake x5

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Jigglypuff

Want: 5
Likelihood: 5

No chance in hell she goes away. Hopefully, she gets buffed bakc to Melee levels of awesomeness.

Prediction for Balloon Fighter: 3.85

Nominations: Bandana Dee x5

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Likeliness: 5

Beat Mewtwo twice for getting into a Smash game. Nuff said.

x5 Snake

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Since Smash 64 I've enjoyed beating people with Jigglypuff after they said she's the worst character, and without her, I might actually have to play as the worst character (whoever it may be) lol. Plus, no cuts.

For Melee and Brawl I honestly probably wouldn't have given her a 5, but now it seems inevitable she (as well as the entire original 12) will never be cut. Not that I'd want any of them to be, but still.

Nomz:
x3 Lip
x2 Dillon

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Jiggly! Love her! Original 12 man!

A vá! É mesmo?
Man! Someone that think that one of the original 12 have chances to get cut needs to make a exorcism session

Ballon fighter prediction: 2.57
Nominations: Sheik Sheik Sheik Sheik Sheik

Want cake?
<<<<<<<

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Want: 5 No cuts
Likelihood: 5 Original 5 so no contest.

Balloon fighter: 2.69

5x Vaati

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Want: 5.0
Original moveset. It's pointless to remove original characters. That and I actually like Jigglypuff and must stand up for her/him (we haven't ever gotten an official gender...) against all of the people who hate...it.
Likeliness: 5.0
Contrary to what the haters may think, there would be a pretty big outcry against Jigglypuff being cut, which I think Sakurai would rather avoid. That and Original 12 and all of that jargon.

Prediction: 1.68

Nominations:
Dr. Mario (alt) x2
Tingle x2
Snake x1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom