• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Want: 2
Liklihood: 2.5

It's a new generation for Fire Emblem. The new hero might replace Ike.

Besides, Roy and Marth are more popular

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want: 5
Likelihood: 3.66

Ike is much less likely to leave because of "flavor of the month," because he's really not, and because he hails from a series with far less competition. However "popular" Roy is, I am sure that Ike can at least match, if not surpass, the number of fans he has...seriously, back when people still used online mode, there were often nothing -but- Ikes in play. There's also that thing where, you know, Ike is a thoroughly original character and would stay a thoroughly original character. Though I do believe Ike and Roy are competing for one slot, it would also be far less egregious for Fire Emblem to receive four characters than for Pokemon to receive twice that...

Predicting 0.45 for Shy Guy
Nominate Groose x3, King Boo x2

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, you heard him folks, SSBF has returned to oversea the thread. It's been a pleasure, guys.

Anyway, Ike time.

No cuts

Likelihood: 4.98

He's essentially the face of Western Fire Emblem, but there is a minuscule chance of him being cut due to time.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Ike:
Want- 4
Likelihood- 4.85

While Ike certantly isn't as sure to return as Marth is, he's probably not going to get cut for the next game, due to his immense fan-base.

Prediction for Shy Guy- 0.46

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Want: 4.25
Likeliness: 4.25

I really don't see Ike getting cut anytime soon, even if Krom is the latest guy. When Ike was added, he wasn't the most brand new character, Micaiah was, so I don't think that Krom is necessarily going to be in. But Fire Emblem should get 3 spots, and it'll probably be that Ike and Marth both stay

Nominate Balloon Fighter x5

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I put Ike's likelihood at 3.5. It's hard to say what will happen to Ike, but there's those odds where he might get dumped. Still, I'd say he has higher odds of returning than disappearing; he is the very first playable Fire Emblem character to have a title that was released outside of Japan.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe I'd feel more for Ike if I hadn't played the Japanese fire emblems before the series was released internationally

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Ike is my main in Brawl, so of course I want him back.

Likelihood: 4.5
Some people like to think that Ike will get dropped and Krom will take his place. I don't see why, because Ike is a popular character, and other than Marth and Roy, is probably the most well-known FE character in the US, due in no small part because of Brawl. Roy was cut because they didn't have enough time to put him in, so there was originally plans for all three to represent Brawl. I don't see why that can't hold true in SM4SH, with the possible addition of Krom or another popular character to put it at four FE reps. (EDIT: But with Smash you never know, which why I didn't put a 5, even though that's how I feel.)

Shy Guy Prediction: 0.37

Nominations: Lucina x3, Jigglypuff x2

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Likelihood: 5

He's way to popular to be dropped. I think they know they shouldn't drop characters.

Nom Mewtwo(revote) X5

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Want and Likelyhood: 5 each.

Ike isn't going anywhere. The only vet cut from anything preditable was Pichu. Krom (who isn't a sure thing) doesn't even use aether the same way Ike does.

Nominate Lucina x5

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
But I really prefer Roy over him...

Likelihood: 4.90
He is one of that characters that have a very small chance of getting cut

Edit: forgot 2 things:

Shy Guy prediction: 0.68

Nominations: Jiggly Jiggly Jiggly Jiggly Jigglypuff

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Please.
They'll at least keep 3 FE characters, I think, maybe 4, with priority of putting them in being Marth > Krom > Ike > Roy. I think they'll end up with 4, but if 3, my bet is Roy's out, not Ike.

Prediction for Shy Guy: 0.64

Nominations: Sonic x10 (5 extra from guessing Claus exactly)

Also, splat, do you have the one specifically used as your avatar separately, and with the outline you gave it?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Um...no. That would have been Fire Emblem 7, which starred Lyn, Hector, and Eliwood. Then there was Sacred Stones, and then came Path of Radiance.
Let me rephrase that then...

Ike is the very first playable Fire Emblem character in the Super Smash Bros. series to originate from a Fire Emblem title that isn't Japan exclusive. Does that sound better?

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

Sonic x5

Voting & Discussing

Ike

Personal Bias: 4.75
Likelihood: 5

Ike is way too popular to get cut. He will not get replaced by a "flavor of the month." Fire Emblem is a large successful franchise & it isn't out of the realm of possibility for it to have three or even four characters. Ike is also a unique fighter & no one wants to cut those. I would like Ike to have his older appearance in SSB4.

Prediction

Shy Guy: 0.4

Genericmartini

Smash Cadet
Likelihood: 4.78

I feel since Roy was taken out,(he may return I know) Ike may suffer the same fate. Despite being an original fighter if time calls he'll be one whose struck out first. For that other sword guy whose in the newer game in the series.

Who wants characters to leave, really. Don't be so silly :)

Travis Touchdown x5

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Want: 4.5

While not my favourite main character from the FE series, Ike was a great addition with his own unique moveset, so I don't want to see him cut from the next game.

I understand why he's one of the more expected characters to be cut should cuts happen, I really feel the chances of this happening are overstated. He's a popular character with his own moveset and one of the only few FE characters to be a main character in more than one game. The only reason why I think he may even be considered to be cut is if time constraints become an issue again, and Sakurai once again chooses to prioritize a hypothetical New Fire Emblem character over one of the veterans, who'll more likely replace Ike than Marth (I don't however see Roy's return being prioritized over Ike's in such a situation though). But I don't see Ike's removal being something that Sakurai would do if he can help it and I feel is more likely to give 3 Fire Emblem representatives should time allow for it.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?

What can i say? He's awesome, and he alongside with Marth (And Roy) are the best reps for the Fire Emblem franchise.

Likelihood: 4.55

He's pretty popular, it would be silly to take him out. But then again, people liked Roy, too. T_T (Still love him)

Prediction for Shy Guy: 0.5

What's Shy Guy gonna do? Take off his mask and traumatize the opponent?

NOMinations: :pichu: x2 :jigglypuffmelee: x2 Toon Zelda x1

D

Deleted member

Astro had returned after taking an unintentionally extended vacation. His excitement blew up in his face as he went to greet the warm and accepting crowd. Opossum, who had taken over during his absence, thanked him for the opportunity to run the game. With hands tighten into a fist, Astro was in his prime to provide justice.

Ike did exceptionally for a "cuttable" Melee vet. His score of a 4.49 was somewhat unexpected, but pleased Ike, who had high expectations of returning. His attacks also wowed the crowd as they did pre-Brawl, which gave him a 4.56 in want. He gracefully walked outside of the stadium to meet with his friends in hopes to fight for his friends again. shinpichu had won five nominations since he became Ike's friend and Astro delivered the five extra nominations to Sqid that Opossum had forgotten to mention.

The new contestant, however, seems underwhelming to many eyes, a simple generic Shy Guy. Many questioned if it was a joke on the mods's part, although that was not the case, and people were bored, hoping that the next day would bring something interesting.

Day Fifty-Two has began! Today, you are voting on Shy Guy while predicting what Jigglypuff gets tomorrow. Ness is eligible for re-votes. Day ends on September 19th, 2012.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Shy Guy:
Want: 0
Nah. Make way for better characters, please!
Likelihood: 0.4
If they really want to stuff more Mario/Yoshi characters in, there's a ton with more priority than Shy Guy.

Prediction for Jigglypuff: 4.9, unfortunately...

Nominations: Sonic x10
(I have these extra 5, right?)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Likeliness: 0

No explanation is needed.

x5 Sonic

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9

There are way better characters that deserve a spot over this one.

Nominate Balloon Fighter x5.

D

Deleted member

Likelihood: 0

Like Sqid said, make room for better choices. We're faced with a situation in which Yoshi is almost definitely not getting a rep and that Mario might miss out as well. With competitions from both series, there is nothing that gives Shy Guy a reason to be in.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So....I won? Also, shouldn't you take Jigglypuff off the nominations list?

Shy Guy.
Lieklihood :0.1

Sigh.... I don't want him, and he has no chance. There are so many better potential choices from the Mario series and its spinoffs.

Prediction for Jiggz: 4.1 because people are stupid.

Nominations:
Doctor Mario x2
Balloon Fighter x3
Bandana Dee x4
Mike Jones x1

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Shy Guy...

Want: 2.5 - I'm directly in the middle. I really have no opinion on him. I can see a moveset potential, but nothing that makes me actually want him in.

Likelihood: 0.1 - Shy Guy faces competition that is far too lofty for anyone to consider him as a candidate for Smash 4. Between the Mario series and the Yoshi series, there are far more characters more deserving and who have established themselves as high priority candidates than Shy Guy. His being playable in Mario Kart DS and 7 will do almost nothing to help this, and they already use enough Shy Guys as is for stage hazards and elements. Kamek and Baby Mario have higher chances as Smash 4 Yoshi reps, while Waluigi and even Rosalina have higher chances as Mario reps. There's too many variables going against him. I'll end my point here before I end up beating a dead horse with the leg of a dead horse's dead horse.

Prediction for Jigglypuff: 4.61

I nominate KOS-MOS x5

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Want: 1.0
I do like Shy Guy, don't get me wrong, but if we're gonna get a Yoshi rep, then I'd want Kamek. And if we were to get a basic enemy from the Mario franchise (Yoshi included) then it should be Koopa Troopa (think about it. One of the most iconic characters ever. Too bad it won't happen).
Likeliness: 0.05
We have yet to get a basic enemy rep from any franchise. If we were to get any, I think I would be Koopa Troopa, and even that's assuming it were a possibility, which it really isn't from the how things have gone so far (I realize it's only been three games, but still, if it was going to happen I think it would've already).

Prediction: 4.45 Come on people, just get over it. I realize you hate the character, but that's not an excuse to think that a veteran for the past three games is going anywhere. Unfortunately I have to factor everyone into this.

Nominations:
Sonic x2
Snake x2
Tingle x1

D

Deleted member

Shy Guy:
No simple mooks, please.

Whether he's a Mario character or a Yoshi character, his chances are pretty damn low.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Shy Guy has never appeared on my list for wanted newcomers. Ever. While I like the character, I just can't get on board with him. As for a generic enemy appearing, I'd much rather want Thwomp or Dry Bones over Shy Guy. However, I enjoyed it's cameo in the Mario Circuit stage.

As well, Shy Guy has various potential candidates such as Junior, Waluigi, Toad, Rosalina, etc. In short, I don't expect to see Shy Guy playable. As an AT or stage element for sure though. I'd love to see the tribal Shy Guy foremost.

For Shy Guy;

Likeliness: .20

Jiggs's prediction: 4.65

NomsNoms:

Sheriff x3
Prince Sable x2

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Want: 3
He's one of those character I think would be so fun to play as and just be ridiculous, but he's got no shot.

Nom: Balloon Fighter X5

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
No one want me LOL

Want: 1
I see Shy Guy representing Yoshi series, but still, there are so more better characters

Sorry, but not this time...maybe in a future smash bros.

Jiggly prediction: 4.96

Nominations: Sheik x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Want:0
likelihood: 0

I thought it was Nintendo All Stars, not Nintendo's Generic Enemies. When that game gets made then maybe he'll have a chance for that title. NEXT!!

Jiggs: 4.98

5x Vaati

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
Want: .5

Pediction: Jigglypuff- 4.5

Nomination: Balloon Fighter X5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I just don't like the idea of a playable, personality-less enemy. Kamek would be a much better idea of a Yoshi rep.

Nominations
x5 Medusa

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
It's been a while, but here's my thoughts:

Shy Guy:-

Want: 0.5

A Shy Guy really doesn't stand much of a chance for SSB4 based off the current Mario newcomer competition. So far, there are already many other Mario characters who are far more deserving and boast more likeliness to being added in the roster as opposed to Shy Guy - a character who has only appeared as a generic enemy in one Mario platformer, a few RPGs, and a playable character in a few spin-offs.

Likeliness: 0.1

He's a Nintendo character, so he has a chance. Regardless, his chances are very low considering his status. As others have said, other generic minions (such as a Koopa Troopa) have a better chance of making it than Shy Guy, and with the current competition it just seems so unlikely. Even the Yoshi series doesn't seem likely to give the poor character a chance as a rep (with other options being available).

Nominate: Balloon Fighter x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom