• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For Lyndis, a likelihood of "1.5". Sure she would be unique as a female swordsman, but by now, I'm pretty sure that she'll be overlooked by someone else at this point.

Nominations
1: Leon Powalski (x3)
2: Rosalina (x2)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Want: 3.3
I like her, and would be happy with her inclusion, but there are other FE characters I like more and would rather see, like Roy or Micaiah.

Likelihood: 0.8
Not counting Marth, who is a lock, the FE characters will be a mix of Ike, Roy, and Krom. Any other character from a past FE game, Lyn included, will not be included as playable in Smash (unless their game gets remade or something). Sure she's got some popularity (though not as much in Japan, where Sakurai looks as FE popularity more), but Ike, Roy, and Krom all out-prioritize and out-popularize her. She probably will return as an AT though.

Nomz:
x5 Lucario

Mii Prediction: 3.05

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

Marth x5

Voting & Discussing

Lyn

Personal Bias: 1
Likelihood: 0.01

Lyn's popularity is only being carried by her gender & her appearance as an assist trophy. Many other Fire Emblem characters are more popular & overall more important in their respected games. She will be considerably overlooked by Krom, Roy, & the other characters already mentioned. If she is included in SSB4, it would be only because she is female & nothing more. Even then, there are still better female Fire Emblem characters to consider. I also believe she will not be an assist trophy again.

Prediction

Mii: 2.83

:phone:

D

Deleted member

0 in likelihood as well.

If she was ever going to be in, it would have been pre-Brawl. Now her chances are gone, especially with two much stronger competitions that have much more reasons to be in (Roy and Krom). It doesn't help that her support was very shallow (moar boobs!).

D

Deleted member

Will add flavor later.

Lyndis gets a 1.1 in likelihood and a 1.93 in want. MelMoe gets five extra nominations.

Day Thirty-Nine has began! Today, Mii's are up with Rosalina score being predicted. Mewtwo is also added to the list of eligible re-votes.

@shinpichu: Are you referring to re-votes that are eligible so far? Look up in the OP, but as of now, King K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Mewtwo, Takamaru, Muddy Mole, and Dark Samus are eligible for re-votes.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
@shinpichu: Are you referring to re-votes that are eligible so far? Look up in the OP, but as of now, King K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Mewtwo, Takamaru, Muddy Mole, and Dark Samus are eligible for re-votes.
I don't remember what I asked. Could someone find what I said that he's responding to?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
want 4: i get to play as whatever character I want

likely hood 2: according 2 ssb4 down below, sakurai doesn't like the mii's, but they are important to nintendo so

prediction 2.10

nominations: Mr. Stevenson x 5

@shinpichu, you asked him about the 2 choice he thought were better then lyn

edit: added likely hood
edit 2: changing my prediction from 1.75 to 2.10

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
@shinpichu, you asked him about the 2 choice he thought were better then lyn
Ah, okay so we have a misunderstanding. I think he answered my question anyway. He said we had 2 FE choices for newcomers that made more sense than Lyn, but didn't specify who exactly, and I wanted to know who he meant.

Anyways, Miis

Want: 2
Likelihood: 2

Don' really care about them at all. The only reason I could think to include them is as some sort of customizeable character, but other than that I don't really think too hihgly of them.

Prediction for Rosalina: 2.55

Nominatios: Waluigi x5

D

Deleted member

Oh boy this should be fun.

Mii

Probably the hardest character to guess in whenever or not they'll show up because it could go either way.

On the one hand, there is no denying Mii's incredible importance to Nintendo. They have been one of Nintendo's flagship franchise since their creation and have been a major force in the Wii's success. Their success looks to be transferring to the 3DS and the Wii-U so they're going to stick around. Plus adding Mii's to the game would be a great way to attract casuals to the game.

However, they face one massive obstacle getting in the way; Sakurai. He has rejected Mii's before and while things have changed for the Mii's, that doesn't guarantee that Sakurai minds will change on them.

So we'll have to see. Personally, I hope he does because I really like Mii's and if they were to be in, it's the closest thing I'd ever get to having Astro Boy in Smash. They get a 4.5 in want and a 2.5 in likelihood.

Nominate Geno, Lucario, Mach Rider, Deoxys, and Leaf (Fire Emblem)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
D

Deleted member

Miis:

On one hand, the idea of me being able to play as myself in Smash seems interesting at first, but honestly it's just a minor gimmick that would grow old.

That, and people would just be using penis faces and Hitlers online.

Likelihood: 1
Sakurai felt they were "too casual" before, and the forementioned penis face and Hitler issue raises question on whether Sakurai is willing to have that sort of thing happen.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Want: 3.5
It will be really coll to play as mii me, to play as my sister, to play as anyone. Also, the Miis are cool, they have a potential moveset.

Likelihood 2.5
50/50
I don't even know what Sakurai think about Miis.

Nominations: Olimar x5

Rosalina prediction: 2,47

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: 1
Likeliness: 2.4

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate them, I'm just not interested in them. It's really a 50/50, but with that Sakurai quote I'm taking off .1 just for the heck of it.

x5 Lucario

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Eh, I'm not too enthused about Miis joining the fray. It could be a moderately interesting idea, if they were allowed to have customizable movesets, but otherwise I really don't care about them. I would rather have other characters joining.

Want: 1
Likeliness: 2

Rosalina prediction: 1.8

Nomination:
Black Mage x5

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Mii:
Want- 1
Likelihood- 1

The only thing that the Mii's really have going for them is that they're important to Nintendo, otherwise, their chances are at dead zero since Sakurai has already rejected them.

Prediction for Rosalina- 1

Nominations
Ike x4
Dr. Mario

D

Deleted member

Miis:

On one hand, the idea of me being able to play as myself in Smash seems interesting at first, but honestly it's just a minor gimmick that would grow old.

That, and people would just be using penis faces and Hitlers online.

Likelihood: 1
Sakurai felt they were "too casual" before, and the forementioned penis face and Hitler issue raises question on whether Sakurai is willing to have that sort of thing happen.
I don't think that'd come up as a issue, considering that we see them in Mario Kart Wii (I once raced with a guy a few years ago who had his Mii named "F-You"). Sakurai seeing them as casual, on the other hand, is an issue.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
want: 0
liklihood: 1
I doubt sakurai sees them as Smash material. Also as far as character wise Mii doesn't excite too many people except for the idea of putting themselves into brawl and I just don't see that happening.

Rosalina: 1.59
5x Masked man

jigglover

Smash Lord
They'd definitely be the hardest character to implement into the game, a 4/5 falling speed would make no sense to the smaller miis, but 4/5 might make sense for the larger. It would take lots of time and effort and time is one thing that Sakurai does not have, there is a large amount of demand for more smash news and the new dojo to open, at least in England there is.

Oops, forgot the actual scores! :p, want 0.4, liklihood 1.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
For the Miis :
Want : 0
I hate the Miis and I really don't want to have to punch my favorite heroes and villains by myself.

Likelihood : 3.75
They are important for Nintendo, they appear on a lot of games on Wii, 3DS and will still appear on Wii U, they have moveset potential and even if Sakurai don't like them I can easily see Nintendo push for the Miis as they are one of their most successful new licenses.

Prediction for Rosalina : 1.4

Nomination
Mr Stevenson X5

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I put the Mii as a likelihood of 1.5. While they have become a staple for the latest Nintendo systems, Miis really shouldn't be filling up the roster slots. Maybe they can have cameo appearances or something.

For Rosalina, my want rating for her is a 4.5.

Nominations
1: Bandanna Waddle Dee (x3)
2: Leon Powalski (x2)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want: 1.5

Sakurai didn't not add Miis because they might have been Wii-only during Brawl's development, he excluded them because "I felt gamers were looking for something else," mentioning in Iwata Asks that he could've taken the game in a more casual direction by making decisions like using Miis. If anything, Miis have become more casual, so if he continues to exclude them for this reason, they have little to no chance at all. That said, they are sticking around into this generation, so they're not out of the question.

Predict 0.66 for Rosalina
Nominate Groose x3, Hades x2

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
want - 2 meh, could be interesting
likelihood - 3. Yeah, I think they are fairly likely. What with mii's everywhere now, from 3DS to Wii - U, they aint goin nowhere. I think they just might be in.

Rosalina prediction - 1.8

shyguyx5

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Miis huh? Well we all knew this was coming
want: 3 Yep thats right. 3. I don't like miis at all. But I love the idea of potential custom characters.
likeliness: 4. I'd be surprised if they weren't in this in some way.

Prediction: Rosalina as her own character? Thats crazy. 0.7

noms:
Demise (alt gannon) x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mii. Miis? What's the plural of Mii? Uus? Wii?

Want: 4.95

I do like them. Especially since then people will hopefully be less likely to suggest impossible choices in the future.

Likelihood: 3.14

It can go either way, but I do think they'll be in. When Sakurai decided on the roster, it was too early to decide whether or not they'd be a big thing. Look now, they come from the third best-selling Nintendo series, casual or not.

Prediction for Rosalina: 1.1

Nominate Lucario x2. Ganondorf x3

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Want: 1: Eh.
Likelyhood 2: They are a bit of a face for the Wii, but their importance on the 3DS seems pretty minimal thus far.

Nominate: Kalas x5

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Want: 1.5
Miis aren't my favorite potential newcomers, but they just have so much to work with I think I would enjoy playing as them.

It's undeniable how successful the Mii/Wii series has been, so the Mii definitely "deserves" to be playable in Smash, but previously Sakurai chose not to implement them. Since Brawl's development they have had many more successful games and much added to their potential moveset, as well as appearing on two more consoles, so I'd say it might be possible that Sakurai has changed his opinion of them, but as they are no less "casual" than they used to be, I wouldn't say their inclusion is overly likely, simply due to Sakurai.

Nomz:
x5 Lucario

Rosalina prediction: 0.9

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I'd be perfectly happy if they weren't included as playable characters. But I wouldn't in any way be upset if they were included.

Likelihood: 2.3
They're more likely than we think :\ Mii's are the logical next "Hardware" character step after Game and Watch and R.O.B.

Whether this means that Sakurai includes them or not based on his preference is really up to him. But there's no denying that Mii's have become a valuable IP to Nintendo. Who knows. Maybe Sakurai will add TWO "retro" characters (if the pattern continued), instead of the Mii's. I just have this big feeling they're gonna be included :\

Maybe to combat the "troll / inappropriate / stupid Mii" situation, Mii can't be selectable online? :/ I don't know haha Part of me doesn't really want them only because I want to play against CHARACTERS during online play, not just troll Miis :\

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Miis are the character that I wouldn't mind in SSB4 but not a character I am particularly rooting for. I admit; it would be extremely interesting and in the vein of customization which Sakurai hinted at early in SSB4 development. It will allow players to play as themselves or any other of their creations. It would also represent the Miiverse (see what I did there?? lol). While the Mii's are apart of games like Wii Sports, Fit, and Resort; they aren't particulart apart of any games franchise. They would be much like R.O.B. Not exactly hardware but representing the idea of avatars. It would be very interesting!

However, you also have people who will abuse this freedom and, as mentioned before, put ****s and FU on the faces of their Miis. That is certainly a drawback. However, we get that in Stage Builder as well so there is really no way around it. As well, I think one reason why a lot of people are against Miis is, technically, you can be whoever you want. We could have Obama vs Bush! Chuck Norris vs Jack Bauer! Anime character vs Anime character! Many (me included) feel that would lessen the Nintendi-only-ness of the Smash series. It opens it up to a wide range of characters, people, animals, etc.

Mii's contribution and history with Nintendo cannot be argued though. They are popular and were an excellent way to bring the idea of an avatar to the Nintendo world. I think they would be fairly hard to program but not impossible. Obviously, lighter character would be a lightweight, a medium sized character would be a mid weight, and a fat character would be a heavy weight. Along with that, a tall character would be much easier to hit while a smaller character would be harder. So while hard to program, it wouldn't be impossible.

Another hurdle for the Miis is Sakurai. Sakurai does not seem to like the Miis or the idea of them in Smash. However, Nintendo seems to be really pushing the Miis into many of their games. It is entirely possible that Nintendo would attempt to push Sakurai into adding Mii's into Smash 4. I am fairly certain Sakurai as 100% control over his roster. I have never heard of Nintendo pushing a character into Smash but this could be an exception. Nintendo may find it important for the Miis to be represented in Smash 4 and could, literally, force Sakurai to put them in. I have no idea how high Sakurai is up in the Nintendo food chain but it is plausable that a higher up may want to put in the Miis.

In short, Miis would bring a lot of versatility, uniqueness, and personalization into Smash by allowing people to play as their own characters. However, this brings into question the inclusion of non-Nintendo characters into Smash through the use of Miis. In addition to be difficult to program, they are not entirely liked by Sakurai. However, Nintendo seems to be heavily promoting their Mii franchises. As well, the Mii franchises such as Sports and Fit is one of the largest selling franchises within Nintendo. they are obviously popular and well liked. They also appear in many of Mario spinoff series such as Mario Kart.

For Miis;

Want: 3.52
Likeliness: 2.93

Rosalina's Prediction: 1.25

Nomies:

M. Bison x3
Geno x2

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

Marth x10

Voting & Discussing

Mii

Personal Bias: 0
Likelihood: 2.17

I hate Miis they are boring & bring me no excitement to play as them whatsoever. Plus, there inclusion will prevent better characters, like freaking a goomba, from being playable. (No I do not want to see a playable goomba, but I prefer it to a lame Mii)

Thanks to them being in almost every "party" game I think it is likely they could appear. Since it's been stated before that Sakurai didn't like them playable, that makes me feel better about them not being included. They are also the closest thing to a fully-customizable character, but I prefer stickers. I don't want to play as an avatar.

Prediction

Rosalina: 1.23

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Want: 4.5
My body is ready...to play as Reggie.
I think that Miis should be playable. Sure, they're "casual" but why should that go against the fact that they're actually important and have been implemented into three consoles? The only thing that worries me, and is kind of why I don't REALLY want them in is because there could be the chance that they get voices similar to Mario Kart Wii/7 which I really hated.
I really hope Sakurai changes his mind. It's not like the Miis are the most unimportant things in the history of Nintendo. Though, I think that that he isn't really one to change his mind, and even if he did he/team may not want to go to all the trouble of implementing them (like the various lags in each move that would accompany each weight fro example) just for one character slot. Likeliness: 3.0

Prediction: .53

Nominations:
Ganondorf x3
Tingle x2

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
Miis...hmm...They could offer a good custimization aspect but they will seem mainly as a gimmick. The range of their move obviously could come from Wii Music, Wii sport, Wii Play, Wii Fitand among others and it would no doubt be interesting...

Want: 1.57
Likilhood: 3.26

Prediction: Rosalina: 1.27

Nomination:
Olimar X10

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Want: 0
Please no.
Likelihood: 2.8
They seem like an obvious choice, and have decent moveset potential (sports games etc), but I recall an article about making sure Miis are only put in games where they fit and such. I'll try to find it-- found it.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/iwata/iwata_asks_-_wii_party_19091_19092.html
So maybe, but less likely than everyone suspects (I hope).

Prediction for Rosalina: 1.67

Nominations: Waluigi x5

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Want: 0.5
Likeliness: 2

I wouldn't say they are terribly likely but they have become significant to Nintendo. I think they'd be hard to implement due to their varying sizes and probably would be skipped over because of that.

Nominate Geno x5

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
The Mii, huh? I really want it in! Would be cool to smash as yourself! However, I don't even know if the Wii U has Miis. If it doesn't, no Mii in Smash Bros.

WANT: 5
LIKELIHOOD: 2

As for Rosalina, an alt. for Peach, maybe.

Nominate Diskun X5.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
The Mii, huh? I really want it in! Would be cool to smash as yourself! However, I don't even know if the Wii U has Miis. If it doesn't, no Mii in Smash Bros.

WANT: 5

As for Rosalina, an alt. for Peach, maybe.

Nominate Diskun X5.

[COLLAPSE="Nintendo Land"]
[/COLLAPSE]

They're definitely there, in case anyone else was wondering haha

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
WANT: 2

I'm not for or against Miis but I would probably use them if they become playable.

Nominate Mike Jones X 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom