• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I don't like how Nintendo and Sega are friends now. They were by far the biggest rivals back in the days and now Sega isn't even producing any consoles, only games, most of which on their used-to-be arch-nemesis' console.
Sega and Nintendo together made F-Zero GX happen, what is there to "not like" about that?

jigglover

Smash Lord
Why don't you like it? Most of Sega's best-selling games sell best on Nintendo consoles, so they kind of rely on that friendship to make sales. It's good for Sega that they have that "friendship" with a company that publishes their games and helps them makes money. They don't make consoles anymore not because they don't want to, but because of the intense competition. So if you can't bet 'em, join 'em, as Sega learned when it dropped from the console race to work solely on games.
They make good games and sales, I'm not denying that, but whenever I see a mario and sonic cross-over, I always think that they should only exist as enemies. Honestly, I think it's like Samus and Ridley going out to a resteraunt for dinner!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
They make good games and sales, I'm not denying that, but whenever I see a mario and sonic cross-over, I always think that they should only exist as enemies. Honestly, I think it's like Samus and Ridley going out to a resteraunt for dinner!
To me they're more of arch-rivals rather than enemies (because I think they'd lean more on doing competition than wanting to take each other down if looking on their character. I'd especially see Sonic in this position.
Funny thing is also that Mario himself comfirmed this recently, hahah! )

Both are equally awesome (depends on your mileage who you support more) and I think the whole enemies-conception was more belonging to the times when there were the console wars. (And Nintendo was seemingly the one trying to do the offense, not SEGA. Remember Cranky Kong's Video Game Heroes-room in DKC2? Yeah...)

But now those times are over and Sonic's mostly gone on his own ways. My complain now only is that the olympic games are not good at all when it comes to quality, yet they sell damn lot. (-?_L) I really wish Sega and Nintendo would try to put more effort and heart to those games (and finally get rid of the motion controls for good, they just ruin the game triple times over.)

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Their days of existing as enemies is long gone, and they haven't really been "enemies" since the downfall of the dreamcast. It's been more of a friendly rivalry. I wouldn't compare it to Samus and Ridley, considering those two are from the same game and they are legitimately arch-enemies.

yani

Smash Lord
Not sure if I'm still allowed to vote on Sonic but just in case..

Want :5 (see avatar :p)
Likelihood: 4 He's third party, so he can't be a lock, but I can't see him being cut. Especially since Sega has been whoring him out lately and Nintendo fans love this guy. A perfect match.

jigglover

Smash Lord
For god sake, I've just got back from being away for the weekend and it's the same day! I see what you're getting at, but seriously, they were going at it like hell in the old days (especially nintendo), they're acting like a good 5, 10 years never happened!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd actually kind of like it if it was 5 years ago. These past 5 years have been recovering from my own mistakes.

Hell, if it was 10 years ago I could make sure I never made those mistakes

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I see what you're getting at, but seriously, they were going at it like hell in the old days (especially nintendo), they're acting like a good 5, 10 years never happened!
What benefits would there be to Sega still acting like a rival to Nintendo? They are no longer direct competitors, it would be illogical and fairly immature for Sega to still hold a grudge, especially since it would hinder their profits, which matters most to them.

Sega wants their games to sell, which they do on Nintendo's systems, Nintendo wants as many good-selling games as possible, which Sega provides, I honestly don't see the point of them acting like they did several generations ago.

Nintendo clearly won, Sega seems to have gotten past it, maybe you should too. ;)

jigglover

Smash Lord
Good points. I always thought that games like sonic colours sold better on microsoft and sony consoles than nintendo anyway. All I was saying is that I don't like how the arch-enemies are now allies, it just feels a little... odd.

yani

Smash Lord
Good points. I always thought that games like sonic colours sold better on microsoft and sony consoles than nintendo anyway. All I was saying is that I don't like how the arch-enemies are now allies, it just feels a little... odd.
Sonic Colors is Nintendo exclusive.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm a huge Sega fantard, and even I have to admit that them joining forces with Nintendo is pretty cool

And jigglover, I would think that the opposite of that is true

Most PS3/360 users don't play games like Sonic Generations, they play CoD, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Halo, etc.

Same obviously can't be said for Wii users

D

Deleted member

I am no longer able to handle this game.

Work load is ramping up as I speak and I need to focus on my classes, which are tough. I am deeply sorry for not being able to keep up with this game, but I cannot afford to spend the time necessary to give the game attention it deserves.

If anyone wants to take over, please PM me and I'll provide details (except jigglover).

Tomorrow, I will try to update the missing days with flavor and finish vote counts for Sonic before transferring control.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always only had Nintendo consoles up until the dreamcast. I actually really liked my dreamcast, especially Sonic's Advanture. It was my favorite game for a long while back then.

But even when I was a super Nintendo fan, I always watched Sonic cartoons and read sonic comics. I played Sonic's games when I could but I wasn't able to get a genesis. Being a little kid and all.

TBH I don't actually remember the rivalry between the systems that much. There apparently was commercials and stuff showing it and advertisements. I guess it just was the fact I didn't watch tv that often back then. And I've never had magazine subscriptions.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It feels like Sonic has had about a week here. That's even longer than Jigglypuff's "day". :rolleyes:

Want = 1.5
Likelihood = 4.5

I really don't care much for Sonic and this so-called Mario vs. Sonic rivalry. Sonic was pretty fun in Brawl but I'd rather see another third-party character like Mega Man, Simon Belmont, and Pac-Man than to see Sonic overstay his guest status. I'm pretty sure Nintendo and Sega might want to keep Sonic in Smash because Nintendo loves printing money and Sega knows most of their non-Genesis franchises pretty much suck that they need to pimp Sonic out to various companies to make the company afloat, JMO.

Nominations = King Hippo, Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle, Impa, Meowth

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm a huge Sega fantard, and even I have to admit that them joining forces with Nintendo is pretty cool
And yet we have yet to see a Mario/Sonic crossover platforming game. :awesome:

@SSBF: Just hold off until we get Snake done, looking at the nominations he's the last worthy character of "rating," after that if someone else wants to continue this let them.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
And yet we have yet to see a Mario/Sonic crossover platforming game. :awesome:

@SSBF: Just hold off until we get Snake done, looking at the nominations he's the last worthy character of "rating," after that if someone else wants to continue this let them.
:embarrass: But I must vote Vaati up. After that, to hell with the rest.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Newcomer-wise, the only ones with any merit I see left, in my opinion, are Bandanna Dee and, to a lesser extent, Pac-Man.

Sadly though, I'll be unable to take over again. Workload and all.

(except jigglover).
lol.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Newcomer-wise, the only ones with any merit I see left, in my opinion, are Bandanna Dee and, to a lesser extent, Pac-Man.

Sadly though, I'll be unable to take over again. Workload and all.

lol.
OMG I didn't even notice Pac-man. He's at 1 vote O_O LMAO!!

D

Deleted member

Day has ended.

Sonic has received a 4.41 in likelihood and a 4.55 in want. Really Shy Guy gets five extra nominations. Snake is up for today, Krystal has been added to re-voting list, and you can predict Lip's score whenever it transfer over to someone else.

D

Deleted member

FINALLY.

Snake:
Want: 5
No cuts.

Likelihood: 4.5
I really doubt Snake is going anywhere. Snake got in through creator request, said creator wanted him in Melee, and if Sonic had not been so heavily requested, Snake would be the ONLY 3rd Party for the series at this time.
Removing him would be sticking a middle finger to Kojima, especially if Snake goes while Sonic stays.
So there is that off chance that both Snake and Sonic leave, but the odds of that are slim.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Want: 5 NO CUTS
Likelihood: 4.45 Same reason as Sonic

5x Vaati

Lip: 1.03

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Likelihood :4.75
Don't want cuts, and I'm strongly doubting he will drop Snake.

5X Vaati

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I put Solid Snake's likelihood at a 2.5. Frankly, Solid Snake is a needle in a haystack, in terms of his placement in the Super Smash Bros. universe. When it comes to finding potential reps, involving Mature rated games really isn't the best option. And of course, the Metal Gear Solid 3 remake for the 3DS involves Big Boss, Solid Snake's biological father. Of course, the creator of the Metal Gear franchise did beg Sakurai to put Solid Snake into the mix.

Basically, things could go in either direction for this matter.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Likeliness: 2.75

Same as Sonic. They're both 3rd parties, which IMO puts them on an entirely different rating scale than the Nintendo characters.

This is the last choice that I see worthy of rating so this will be the last time I join in on this game.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
No Cuts

same as reasons previously stated. It would be a huge middle finger to Hideo Kojima.

Another reason i'd like Snake to stay, is the fact that I love the MGS series, and I play as Snake quite frequently because I find him to be really fun. The only reason I played through the Metal Gear Solid series was because of Snake being in Smash. It has become one of my favorite video game series ever because of this, and Snake is generally a very, VERY unique character. He shouldn't and I believe won't be cut.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I thought this game had died out, mygod.

No cuts.

Likelihood: 4.50

I'm hoping for him being a veteran fighter for Smash 4, rather than moving over to PS AllStars. That would be bogus.

Noms: :pichu: x2 Meowth x2 Bayonetta x1

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Want: 3
Likelihood: 5

I don't really care about MGS, but I don't see Snake going anywhere.

Nominations:
Bandana Dee x3
Pichu x2

jigglover

Smash Lord
FINALLY.

Snake:
No cuts.

I really doubt Snake is going anywhere. Snake got in through creator request, said creator wanted him in Melee, and if Sonic had not been so heavily requested, Snake would be the ONLY 3rd Party for the series at this time.
Removing him would be sticking a middle finger to Kojima, especially if Snake goes while Sonic stays.
So there is that off chance that both Snake and Sonic leave, but the odds of that are slim.

Seriously, this should end all debates on Snake's inclusion; I'm only going to change his likelihood to 4.86, since I believe he will be close to middle though lower half on priority list, and time constraints would have to be terrible to get that high on cuts. There are a fair few veterans I believe will be cut before him, possibly Ike because of Roy and Krom, possibly Lucario because Pokemon is awesome, so yeah. Beautiful...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No cuts

It would be a 5 due to a friend's request, and Sakurai should honor friendships. They're magical. That being said, 3rd Party, so who the hell knows...

Nominating x5 Bandanna Dee, the last character of any worth to me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No cuts.

Considering the amount of hype and popularity he contributed to Brawl, along with the fact that Sakurai and Kojima still seem to be friends and Konami is still bringing MGS to Nintendo consoles, I'd say his chances (for a 3rd party) were very good, bar some decision from Sakurai not to include him and Sonic again, though I doubt that will happen.

Really, most of the arguments that he doesn't fit would work better if he hadn't already been included.

Nomz:
x5 Meta-Knight

I feel like at this point the remaining unvoted veterans are all that are still worth having a "day" for. Maybe one or two others.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Want: 5/5
Likelihood: 3/5

I don't want cuts this time around, it was bad enough when Mewtwo and Roy got cut from Brawl and wouldn't have minded Pichu and Dr. Mario returning as well... I still see Toon Link as Young Link's replacement, anyway.

I think that chances for Snake aren't pretty since he's a 3rd party character, and usually those are one time only encounters. however, the fact that Sakurai and Kojima are friends and it is Kojima's wish to have Snake in Smash helps his chances, since it's a more personal question for both Sakurai and Kojima.

while unrelated to his likelihood, his moveset is very unique among Smash Bros. characters.

I nominate... The Black Knight x3 and Dry Bowser alt. costume x2!

Genericmartini

Smash Cadet
Want: 5/5
No Cuts

Likelihood: 4.8
Snake's got a lot of MGS games coming to the Wii U and 3DS, so I don't see why Snake would suddenly disappear especially as Snake was asked and practically begged to be in. I don't see him going anywhere.

Nominations:
Adam Malkovich x3
Grunt/Infantry(Wars Series) x1
Travis Touchdown x1

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Want: 4.8
Don't care too much.
He was requested to be in twice, if Sonic's in, he's in, etc, etc.
Prediction for Lip: 2.1
Nominations: 5x Isaac (Revote)

D

Deleted member

I don't see why Big Boss replacing him or being an alt costume makes sense.

Brawl Snake is practically an amalgam of both Solid and Naked (Big Boss).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom