• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ranking moves in Characters (Round 21: Discussing Down-Special)

What will you like to discuss next?

• Jabs

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Grabs

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Continue with Specials

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lucas' PK Thunder projectile is trash; Ness' is a very good juggling tool

Lucas' PK Thunder 2 attack is multihit, doesn't connect very well, and the final hit isn't very strong; Ness' is a stupidly strong kill move

Lucas' travels farther and that's really its only advantage over Ness'. Even then, Ness' still travels a decent distance

The better recovery is not worth giving up everything else

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Move Yoshi's back down to where it was. It does have some utility on stage nobody is denying that. But for the recovery aspect? Second worst Up B in the game ahead of only Jigglypuff and recovery is half of the value of Up B moves. Weak harassment and a few combos does not save it from bottom 5.

Roy need to drop. Much rather have Bowser's Up B. Both are pretty limited for recovery, Bowser's is more versatile on stage.

Shulk also needs to return to where he was. Its better with some arts yes... its also kinda balls when paired up with arts that negatively effect his recovery because he has less wiggle room with it. Gotta include all aspects of the move, which includes when you're forced to use it non-optimally. I've also never seen it used on stage ever? Luigi and Charizard have that in their pocket at least, same I believe with Bowser Jr.

(Does it auto-snap on the way up? I honestly can't remember. I know you have to input a command for the second swing of it but I don't remember if he can grab the ledge at any time on the way up. If he can't that's the final nail, auto-matically not allowed out of D tier).

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman

Lucas' PK Thunder 2 attack is multihit, doesn't connect very well, and the final hit isn't very strong; Ness' is a stupidly strong kill move

Lucas' travels farther and that's really its only advantage over Ness'. Even then, Ness' still travels a decent distance

That makes sense. I usually bank on the opponent not ever getting hit by PK Thunder 2, but the juggling is where I'd draw the line.
Also, S/O to a fellow Bayo main :p

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I would stick Diddy lower. The recovery is incredibly gimpable, and the attack isn't good enough to be worth it. I'd stick it in D.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

I agree with this. To everyone arguing that Lucas's PK Thunder is a better move for recovery, I'd like to suggest that it's his ZAir that gives him an advantage in recovering. It tends to be easier, and less risky, to hit Lucas out of PKT2 than it is for Ness.

Regarding Egg Throw, I find it hard to see the move as being a bottom five Up-B simply by how much Yoshi uses it. As a move, it's very good, and probably offers the most flexibility in how a projectile can be thrown. The little hop Yoshi gets the first (does he also get it the second?) time he uses it in the air is helpful, as well. It's just a very unconventional USpecial. Its attributes happen to mesh very well with Yoshi's, and its lack of usefulness as a recovery move is a little mitigated by that. And, while may not be able to think of a lot of characters who would want to trade their USpecial for Egg Throw, I can think of quite a few who would trade another special for it.

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
People seem to be forgetting how godlike Yoshis air speed is, that little hop is all he needs to get back from almost the very edge of the blast zone without his double jump. Having a massive projectile covering him along the way a great bonus. Not even close to a bottom 5 up b, especially with its combo/zoning/edgeguarding potential (forcing airdodges to confirm spikes, comboing into nair/fair, etc.)

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
People seem to be forgetting how godlike Yoshis air speed is, that little hop is all he needs to get back from almost the very edge of the blast zone without his double jump. Having a massive projectile covering him along the way a great bonus. Not even close to a bottom 5 up b, especially with its combo/zoning/edgeguarding potential (forcing airdodges to confirm spikes, comboing into nair/fair, etc.)
I don't think the height of Yoshi's double jump really matters here.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Like I said earlier, move :4peach: UpB to very low A or very high B.
It can kill quite early sometimes, big disjoint comes out quick and is tough to beat, it can be comboes into for possible kills as well.
The distance vertically is mostly ok, but it's still very hard to beat from above.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
The little hop Yoshi gets the first (does he also get it the second?)
Only the first. What I find frustrating is that grabbing the ledge does not refresh the hop. You need to touch ground in order to get back the recovery aspect of the move. If not for that, Yoshi could do his Melee-style edge cancelled eggs, and basically have a discount WFT kit rolled into one attack.

But yeah, egg toss is a very threatening move for setting up traps. It may not save him from a footstool offstage, but it will let him recover from high above the ledge and avoid that sort of drama.

Shulk also needs to return to where he was. Its better with some arts yes... its also kinda balls when paired up with arts that negatively effect his recovery because he has less wiggle room with it. Gotta include all aspects of the move, which includes when you're forced to use it non-optimally. I've also never seen it used on stage ever?
Actually, Jump Art is the only one that has an impact on Air Slash in particular. And if Shulk does find himself in a situation where Shield Art is going to kill him unless he turns it off, he can just do that. Only takes three taps of B, with the first explicitly being neutral special. Add a fourth tap if you want to cycle into Jump asap. This isn't like Luma or Levin, Shulk can just click his heels for a new Art whenever he's not attacking or in hitstun. But no, Air Slash will not ledge snap on the way up. And if you want the big hitbox to reach onto the stage, you need to recover high and expose yourself. Same for Air Slash 2 as a mixup, it puts you in a position where you can be block punished. I do wish Shulks would try it more OoS. It's range is insane, even longer than the visual effect, letting you punish low damage attacks that space well, like a Sheik Fair. It just doesn't accomplish much on its own and the risk onstage is as high as any Up B. I could see Air Slash in D simply because it's not stellar onstage or off, but the Jump Art boost is a good boon. Like Cloud, but it doesn't waste valuable limit charge when you don't need it.
Like I said earlier, move :4peach: UpB to very low A or very high B.
It can kill quite early sometimes, big disjoint comes out quick and is tough to beat, it can be comboes into for possible kills as well.
The distance vertically is mostly ok, but it's still very hard to beat from above.
There's no ordering within the tiers. Hers actually has very poor knockback scaling, requiring her to be very high up. To put it in perspective, from the ground, it kills at 200%. I seen Dair to Dair to Up B at tight ranges, but never as a kill combo, and that's as high as her character can naturally climb upward, with or without a victim. It is tough to beat as a recovery, but you'll be hit by the autolink angle which carefully places you back on stage, not in tumble, as she grabs the ledge. It's not like challenging Ness' move where failing can get you killed, the edgeguarder just has to focus on ledge coverage afterward. It doesn't work OoS and only serves as a vertical combo finisher that's not as threatening as Fair.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It is worth mentioning that dtilt>parasol does true combo at kill percents

And the huge wkb on parasol's first hit means you can b-reverse it so only the first hit connects and get some low percent kill cheese if you're high enough off the ground

imo the move is fine where it is atm

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I still stand that it at worst should be B
and with rage, it can kill at absurd percents.
I believe it's possible, though the window is VERY tight where Dtilt to UpB is a kill confirm.

It still protects her from above well and comes out fast and is still decently strong nonetheless.
Theres nothing that's really particularly bad about it, most it's distance just being meh, but it's other strengths outweigh it's cons easily.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I just watched a Yoshi get 0-death in about 5 seconds at EVO because of that horrible Up B.

I'm sorry, no. Yoshi's Up B is trash the moment he's off stage. And on stage is a minor annoyance. Yes it can combo into things, that's about all its good for.

If it was in another slot it would be better. But its not that's the main thing. Bottom 5 up B. Don't substitute a recovery move with a meh projectile kids.

Peach's Up B is in the correct spot and I maintain what I said before about Shulk's Up B.

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 112326
Roy, Diddy, Yoshi, and Shulk dropped. Nobody else changed places.
Hmm, looks good except, why is ROB's considered so much worse than Villy? I know Villy's probly goes longer, but he can also be knocked out of it easier thanks to balloons, and can't cover themselves with a hitbox without dropping them.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
ROB's fuel mechanic requires him to be on the ground for a while for it to recharge, so if he runs out of fuel, he's dead. iirc, not even being on the ledge recharges his fuel. Considering how huge of a target he is, it's not hard to keep him offstage until he runs out of fuel and dies.

Villager doesn't go into free fall if he's hit while the opponent destroys his balloons, so edgeguarding him can be kinda difficult. Also, while his up-b does travel less distance upon consecutive use, at least it's not an instant death a la fuel-less ROB

That's how I would rationalize it

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
ROB's fuel mechanic requires him to be on the ground for a while for it to recharge, so if he runs out of fuel, he's dead. iirc, not even being on the ledge recharges his fuel. Considering how huge of a target he is, it's not hard to keep him offstage until he runs out of fuel and dies.

Villager doesn't go into free fall if he's hit while the opponent destroys his balloons, so edgeguarding him can be kinda difficult. Also, while his up-b does travel less distance upon consecutive use, at least it's not an instant death a la fuel-less ROB

That's how I would rationalize it
Villager has the same fuel mechanic as ROB. Villager's max air speed also practically doubles during Balloon Trip (his base air speed is kind of bad), making trips under the stage to the other ledge not only possible but a great idea with how quickly you can fake out and reach it. By contrast, Rob's air speed is actually cut when he's in Thruster mode. Rob can cancel thruster mode with aerials (but not air dodge), but with his aerials, it's not something you'll see utilized to help in recovery. Also, Villager's balloons popping is rarely relevant, since you can't pop both with the same attack, and hitting them without hitting him twice before he grabs the ledge is difficult when he can moves faster than you can. You need a plan, and Villager doesn't have to be predictable. And the hop he gets from both popping does put him in free fall, but is often just what he needs to reach the ledge. I'd say the biggest weakness is difficulty in shifting direction, horizontally and vertically. You have to spend a lot of fuel, usually enough to run out, if you overshoot your destination from max speed.

View attachment 112326
Roy, Diddy, Yoshi, and Shulk dropped. Nobody else changed places.
Are these ordered within the tiers? Because Shulk was always in C.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sorry if we've already beat this horse but rating Uspecials is pretty much futile... Case in point, Rosalina and Pit's Uspecials are basically the same move and yet there's a whole tier of difference for some reason. How they're perceived is by what character they're on rather then how effective they are in a vacuum. Myself I would of chose to ignore Uspecials completely since there's no good objective measure.

On another note I'd sooner take eggs over even Winged Pikmin but that's just me. Fire Fox I don't understand why it's so high either... I get it's not as bad as Fire Bird but still B is awful high.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yeah, going from aerials to specials was bizarre since specials are varied and serve different purposes, meaning ranking them is much more subjective than compared to other moves

I was expecting tilts to be after aerials tbh

Last edited:

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Well too late now. The list is accurate by many measures (if a bit impossible), but it's the way we're going. I just wish we could finally be done with uspecial so we could move on, it's getting boring and no one's really suggested anything meaningful since last time.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Hmmm. . .I'd like Air Slash to be B rank, but C rank will have to do if it's compared to the other C-rank UpBs that could be B-rank as well. What I'm still baffled about is how Spring Jump is A-rank & Rush Coil is D-rank??? Spring Jump has a annoying projectile spring that drops, but Rush Coil's interesting utility to bounce back into the fray from standard meteor smashes also helps its cause for the "trade-offs" between the two moves. Spring Jump does leap much higher into the air from a grounded use than Rush Coil, but the aerial Spring Jump is only a bit better, not like it's that much better than Rush Coil airborne, but perhaps air speed traveled makes the difference? Anyhow, the second grounded bounce from each rival each other, so yeah that's about it from what I briefly noticed.

*Hopes NeutralB is next*

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Hmmm. . .I'd like Air Slash to be B rank, but C rank will have to do if it's compared to the other C-rank UpBs that could be B-rank as well. What I'm still baffled about is how Spring Jump is A-rank & Rush Coil is D-rank??? Spring Jump has a annoying projectile spring that drops, but Rush Coil's interesting utility to bounce back into the fray from standard meteor smashes also helps its cause for the "trade-offs" between the two moves. Spring Jump does leap much higher into the air from a grounded use than Rush Coil, but the aerial Spring Jump is only a bit better, not like it's that much better than Rush Coil airborne, but perhaps air speed traveled makes the difference? Anyhow, the second grounded bounce from each rival each other, so yeah that's about it from what I briefly noticed.

*Hopes NeutralB is next*
Oh, there's a world of difference. Unlike Spring and Fire, You actually have RCO landing lag, 30 frames of it if you wanted to use it to escape pressure or go over the ledge when recovering. You might think you can use aerials or air dodge instead to experience their lag, but Rush's carries over, and AC windows don't work either. From my own testing, I actually don't understand how much it adds. Bair landing lag is increased to 29, air dodge is increased to 33, don't ask me to explain why it's not a flat 30. You can only Nair to enter buster mode (not an attack designed to protect MM, but you can walk and jump during your lag), and getting hit also carries it over next time you land. And the FAF just doesn't compare to Sonics. 41 to 19. Sonic can act well before reaching the Apex for combos or an airdodge to get past somebody floating at the ledge. Mega Man doesn't have that, or a variety of angles like other no-hitbox recoveries. Sonic also has the perfect Dair AC for getting back to the ground with another hitbox safely after Spin Dash and while they're still dealing with Spring. Rush Coil doesn't have synergy with Mega Man's kit, it's just a reference that kills robo doggies every match. D tier for animal rights. The only way it stands up to even ROB and Olimar is being able to reach a ledge faster from the right position. But having a right position at all rather than variations in recovery angle or safe options sucks and gets him killed regularly. He's a fast faller, so Up B is often necessary to get back.

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
Well too late now. The list is accurate by many measures (if a bit impossible), but it's the way we're going. I just wish we could finally be done with uspecial so we could move on, it's getting boring and no one's really suggested anything meaningful since last time.
Ya sorry about the hold up, am returning from vacation on Sunday so we should be able to move on from this discussion from then.

Also would like to ask, should we continue with specials or change topic for now and move to something like tilts or jabs and continue with specials later? I will make a decision on Sunday so post ur thoughts.

Last edited:

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Ya sorry about the hold up, am returning from vacation on Sunday so we should be able to move on from this discussion from then.

Also would like to ask, should we continue with specials or change topic for now and move to something like tilts or jabs and continue with specials later? I will make a decision on Sunday so post ur thoughts.
Oh, well if there is a choice, normals are much easier to discuss and place, I don't care if it's tilts, smashes, throws, or what, but those would be preferred. (Like seriously, ranking neutral special is gonna be about as easy as landing against Cloud on Battlefield).

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
We should do something like jab-->Utilt-->Ftilt-->Dtilt-->smashes (EDIT: -->Nspecial-->Fspecial-->Dspecial-->taunts)

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
If we are assuming 1111, :4miibrawl::4miisword: should honestly go to F tier. Both moves are absolutely abysmal as recovery options. The forced downfall both moves have, combined with the lack of reach or general strengths that similar moves have make both seem pretty terrible. I know Sword Up B 1 has intangibliity on start up, but this doesn't help its case enough, as in Sword's kit, this doesn't help him as much as it should help other characters. Not to mention, the inherit issues both characters have, combined with the lack of usesfullness the moves have, should help them move down.

This is why we need to #freemii.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Fire Fox is higher than Luigi's SJP?

Nahhhhhhhhh.

SJP is not as bad as people make it out to be tbh.

As an OoS option, this move is solid. Most dash attacks can be punished this way, and then you die at 70. Lots of people may say top players don't randomly dash attack to shields. Ok, that's good. But the threat of FJP means you cannot dash attack to Luigi's shield, ever. At best you get grabbed. At worst you're dying at 70, and that's without rage on most.

'Dashing' type moves are probably MORE susceptible to this. Falcon Kick and Wizard Foot for example, carry Luigi along with them if the late hit hits. Other moves include Bayo's Side-B, I think. Most of these moves don't really see much use for top level of plays, but is still something to note.

But then people hit your shield and you slide too far... ok, nice attack m8. I'm just gonna use something other than Up-B and see if it works instead. With safe smashes I don't exactly need to kill at 70 with super high risk move.

Punishing moves tend to be trickier. Moves' FAFs tend to not allow you to hug your opponent and land a frame 8 attack. At most, you can punish people who recover high with this, but if you miss... eh.

As a recovery option, this move aligns well with Luigi's recovery. Get to far below and position with Cyclone, and snap to the ledge with this. It goes higher with momentum, so as long as you are still in your double jump 'rising' part, you'll still get a height boost, and does no one notice how ****ing high Luigi's double jump is? Do you really waht him to go any higher? Nah, I'd take slight horizontal movement from Brawl first.

The juicy part, you can set this move up. Unspaced jab 1 or 2 can lead to this move, albeit the opponent can just shield and hard punish you, so the risk is very high. Still an option nonetheless.

Soft N-air to FJP works on fast fallers. It has 10% range for Falcon where it kills and true combos iirc. I've seen Sheik and Fox being the victim of this too (The former was done out of a reverse U-air btw). Typically done out of jab locks, but it's possible out of D-air spike at specific percents.

My point is, this move is not meant to be a main kill move. If Luigi only had this to kill with, sure, this move is garbage. But in conjuction with his kit, this move works more than decently enough. This move deals a hard punish that can kill well below 70 with rage, the reward is insanely high. Obviously you're not going to land this move very much (Else you's be a star in Salty Spitoon lol). This move was, IMO, meant as a secondary kill option. Your main kill tools are your smashes, but if the opponent mess up badly such as dash attacking to your shield or suffer from a high landing lag... that's when FJP comes in, to punish people for making such horrible mistakes that can be capitalized harder.

In a vaccuum, this move is pretty trash, but in gameplay, you'll land this move a lot more times than you'd expect tbh. Mr. CC had landed a lot of this in the past (And he still does) and it wasn't before I realized SJP's true purpose that I started to land a lot more of this. You don't use it to fish for kills, you use it as a harder, riskier punish option.

When you consider the reward, the risk and difficulty of landing it become much more fair tbh.

TL;DR: Don't use FJP to fish for kills, but use it merely as 'another' option to punish that gives off much more reward and risk.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I still don't exactly find it right that Little Mac's is under so many subpar Up Bs such as Diddy's, Olimar's, and Kirby's, despite it being so important to his kit. It may have poor recovery distance, but it has a bunch of huge strengths otherwise. It can be kill confirmed and comboed into and it has combo breaking abilities. It's also his only way to really punish someone above him and outside of up smash or up tilt range, so he'll be using it a lot more than other characters who solely use theirs for recovery purposes only.

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Sorry if we've already beat this horse but rating Uspecials is pretty much futile... Case in point, Rosalina and Pit's Uspecials are basically the same move and yet there's a whole tier of difference for some reason. How they're perceived is by what character they're on rather then how effective they are in a vacuum. Myself I would of chose to ignore Uspecials completely since there's no good objective measure.

On another note I'd sooner take eggs over even Winged Pikmin but that's just me. Fire Fox I don't understand why it's so high either... I get it's not as bad as Fire Bird but still B is awful high.
Pit has way more flexibility on his up B than Rosalina does. He has a ton of angles he can go at, whereas Rosalina has very few. Pit's up B is also not affected by the direction he's facing, whereas Rosalina's up B can only go backwards at one angle, that being almost straight horizontal with almost no height gain. Going straight up with Rosa's up B is also very tricky, since you need to push your control stick in a very precise position. In addition, Rosa's hurtbox extends above the ledge when she snaps out of her up B, making the 2-frame punish much easier on her.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit has way more flexibility on his up B than Rosalina does. He has a ton of angles he can go at, whereas Rosalina has very few. Pit's up B is also not affected by the direction he's facing, whereas Rosalina's up B can only go backwards at one angle, that being almost straight horizontal with almost no height gain. Going straight up with Rosa's up B is also very tricky, since you need to push your control stick in a very precise position. In addition, Rosa's hurtbox extends above the ledge when she snaps out of her up B, making the 2-frame punish much easier on her.
Can't you turn her Uspecial around before launching? Regardless Pit only has four relevant angles, and his has a ton of landing lag (and RCO lag when hit out of it) with no momentum at all so it's garbage as far as landing onstage goes.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
I've never seen a Rosalina turn their up B around and not just go straight horizontal. If it even were possible, you would need to press up on the control stick for the up B, sideways to turn it around, and then back up again so that you don't go straight horizontal, all within a few frames. If it even is possible, it's not practical.

And what do you mean Pit only has "four relevant angles"? Can't he angle it anywhere between 0° and 180°?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
And what do you mean Pit only has "four relevant angles"? Can't he angle it anywhere between 0° and 180°?
When I tested Up-Bs & labbed the vertical heights they could reach, Pit & Dark Pit could only go in 4 primary directions. Similar to Wario's Up-B, once you start this move up going into a direction, you can't guide it in any other direction, So the Power of Flight is a full-on commitment recovery. Even if you angle the joystick :GCL: or :GCR:, it's not a 0° angle they recover from, but rather a low 30°-ish angle at the very lowest I could do. Then you have the usual :GCU:, or the diagonal :GCUL: or :GCUR: directions gaining a good amount of vertical distance while going to the side some.

I think that I'd rate Rosa's Up-B higher only because her UpB can be guided in more ways & can at least change up the arch of the recovery pattern than Pit / Dark Pit can. But I have little to say about all three so.

Last edited:

Goombo

Smash Apprentice
If it even were possible, you would need to press up on the control stick for the up B, sideways to turn it around, and then back up again so that you don't go straight horizontal, all within a few frames. If it even is possible, it's not practical.
What is this supposed to mean? If you main the charakter, is it asked to much to learn an mechanical input that requires you to flick your stick in three different directions in fast succession and get it right every time? Really?
Looks like Rosa definitely would be the wrong charakter choice for you.

Also move Firefox down.
It's bad.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I've never seen a Rosalina turn their up B around and not just go straight horizontal. If it even were possible, you would need to press up on the control stick for the up B, sideways to turn it around, and then back up again so that you don't go straight horizontal, all within a few frames. If it even is possible, it's not practical.
Oh, but her special move can be reversed to avoid that problem. By that I mean tap in the opposite direction, input Up B, then hold in any of her potential angles now that she's facing backward. I do find Pit's placement in relation to her as odd. Are Rosa and Pit Up Bs C tier because they have the ROB/Olimar distance but with higher travel speed and no fuel mechanic? Or D tier because they lack hitboxes, onstage appications, and can't be cancelled into an attack? I'd vote D for both. Rosa's may be faster, but it leaves luma vulnerable and unable to act until Rosa can. And while we're populating D tier, Fox. All we really know is that it's a slightly better version of Falco in terms of distance. Still a move that has 40+ frames of windup, letting the opponent pick a position to intercept based on Fox's potential angles. The traveling hitbox is a circle centered on his torso, leaving the face exposed while falco is the opposite that shuts off every other frame. I think both are equally bad and consistently traded with low range aerials. But eating a trade with Fox hurts more than Falco's 2% multihits, and of course, Fox can move farther, requiring the edgeguarder to use moves with respectable knockback and likely tigher timings or they'll both be out there a while.

I like the Up B list. Though this discussion has made me fall out of love for some of them.

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
To note about Fox's Up B

It has been used to kill. Seen it happen at least twice at high level play now where it will be used to punish an air dodge, and then kill off of the top. Falco's ain't doing that. Should be considered a factor in placing it at as well.

Top Bottom