• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Ike Fact

Ta-kun the Pyro

Smash Cadet
Alright, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not. (Probably most of you already have.)

Whenever Ike grabs a female character, like Peach or Zelda, he holds their hand. When he grabs a male character, like Snake or Marth, he'll grab their throat.

There are some exceptions, like for G&W Ike grabs his nose, and he doesn't seem to actually "grab" Rob, he just kinda floats there

Just a random thing I wanted to point out

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I think this is more Peach/Zelda specific than it is Ike specific. Or maybe it isn't, I dunno.

kingofshortys

Smash Rookie
If anyone could be able to do that. then it would be Ike. He'd use his giant sword to.... you know... erm.... how about use the term.. ra..... erm... KILL! ike would grab and lead into a ... aw nvm...

announcer: FAILURE
kingofshortys: aw...

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...wonder if this also applys to Shiek...
At least this proves that Ike isn't just big brute that everyone thinks he is.
Also shows that he has experience with the ladies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think he's right. I think Sakurai didn't want anyone going "OH HEY, LOL, LOOK U CAN GRAB TEH BEWBIES"... xD
the is targeted at casual gamers and that means younger siblings at times too.. so i think this statement is right.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I never noticed that before
Thats interesting
I just tested it out on all the female characters
He in fact does hold Zelda, Peach, and ZSS's hand
But Power Suit Samus and Sheik he holds their throat
Nana he pick her up by her hand too but lifts her off the ground
And as for Jiggz...her face lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Jiggz is a pokemon.... unless its a humanoid pokemon I don't see the reason to do anything.

Do all characters grab females by their hand? (minus Snake)

I'm still surprised Wario's grab attack still targets down there on females though.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Ike is a kind gentle soul........

Until he sees the Black knight, then he teams up on him (Support hax) /fire emblem joke -_-

Now to think of it, in PoR Aether healed you, why the bloody hell doesn't it do that in Brawl?!

•Col•

Smash Champion
Now to think of it, in PoR Aether healed you, why the bloody hell doesn't it do that in Brawl?!
Because then Ike would be way too cheap!!!!!!11!1!1!!!!!11oneone1!!!one!!!!111!!1!11!!!!!oneone!!1!

Lol, but seriously, it'd be cool. They could make it work like Wario's fart in that it will charge up over time. Completely uncharged, it'll recover only .5%, fully charged, it'll recover like 40%...

comboking

Smash Master
Why not chargeable aether+the healing ability? Ike would be really cheap.
Oh and how about Ike's QD actually going through the people like in the games?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Why not chargeable aether+the healing ability? Ike would be really cheap.
Oh and how about Ike's QD actually going through the people like in the games?
healing, should be just equivalent to damage given or half of it. Spamming would be bad, so i think they can keep it out.

Discussed a long time ago, we don't need to keep bringing it up

And a new topic, Aether should have a 2ND ATTACK that is optional to do by button input. And it does 3 times the damage of fsmash /aether's true properties

serious note a 2nd attack would be great after landing. Make it a shield eater that way people will get scared. The button input should be aloud during any part of the ending frames of the normal aether we know.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I can't believe you noticed this, because in the whole time I've played this, I haven't. Ike really is a ladies man :lick:

Ta-kun the Pyro

Smash Cadet
I never noticed that before
Thats interesting
I just tested it out on all the female characters
He in fact does hold Zelda, Peach, and ZSS's hand
But Power Suit Samus and Sheik he holds their throat
Nana he pick her up by her hand too but lifts her off the ground
And as for Jiggz...her face lol

Actually, he hold's Jigglypuff's arm. (the one that you can't see depending on which way she's facing)

and it's kinda hard to hold Power Suit Samus's hand

Top Bottom