• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rainbow Dash Dance Results - Plano, TX, March 3rd

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Fun tourney everypony! We had 25 Melee entrants for singles and 8 teams for doubles. We did five five-man pools where top two advance to bracket and bottom 3 go into a novice bracket. Pot split was 60/30/10 for both singles and doubles, novice winner got a sick *** NES stick :) Tourney thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318382&page=4

Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL951107910197AA80&feature=plcp

Results:

Doubles
1: Test your luck (Sethlon and UTDZac) ($52.50)
2: Doubles D's (Dojo and Denti) ($15.00)
3: emilywaves (MimicMew and Tyranny) ($7.50)
4: Team Girlfriends (Jesi and Emily)
5: McLegit (Rob and Jtag)
5: Double Ls (Shik and Ozzy)
7: Mission Complete (Bumps and Mist)
7: We Lose (Zach and Josh)

Doubles Bracket

Singles
1: Sethlon ($75.00) :roymelee:
2: UTDZac ($37.50) :peachmelee:
3: Dojo($12.50) :falcomelee:
4: Thoraxe :luigimelee:
5: emilywaves :sheikmelee: :icsmelee:
5: Jesi :falcomelee: :peachmelee:
7: Rob :luigimelee:
7: Waterless Fishie :peachmelee:
9: BlueZaft (MimicMew) :falconmelee:
9: Tyranny :ganonmelee:

Singles Bracket

Singles Pools
Pool 1
1. Sethlon
2. Jesi
3. Ryan (jtag)
4. Shik
5. Lambda (No show)

Pool 2
1. UTDZac
2. Tyranny
3. Ozzy
4. Zach

Pool 3
1. Waterless Fishie
2. Bluezaft (MimicMew)
3. Problemo
4. Kush
5. NoShowSoul

Pool 4
1. Dojo
2. emilywaves
3. Penguin
4. Eli
5. Bumps

Pool 5
1. Thoraxe
2. Rob
3. Calm Animal
4. T.A.I. :)
5. Mist

Novice Singles
1: Penguin (sick *** trophy :)) :falconmelee:
2: Ryan :jigglypuffmelee:
3: Problemo :falcomelee: :linkmelee:
4: Eli
5: Ozzy
5: Shik
7: NoShowSoul
7: Kush
9: Calm Animal
9: T.A.I.
9: Zach
9: Bumps
13: Mist

Novice Bracket

Novice Winners: Ryan (jtag) and Penguin

Venue

This is one of our first new gen local tournies and we had fantastic turnout! I encourage everyone who came to post in the DFW Melee thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276326

THANKS FOR COMING OUT AND I'LL PLAY YOU ALL AGAIN SOON!!!! :x

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
****, I need to step it up. I was just browsing the Falco boards and there's a lot more to know about Falco than I realized.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
who is this bluezaft. surely not bluezaft. please don't make it a habit of letting people enter with other people's tags. at first it was funny, but it's now getting out of hand i believe.

and good **** with the tournament emily. you're really putting dallas on the map. I'm jelly i don't get that many novice players.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Pinkie Pie, please stop letting people use other people's tags. Especially when they want to capitalize z's that shouldn't be capitalized.

The novice bracket thing is pretty cool.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
LOL Tai trolling even when he's not even here :p

I forgot to fix it when I posted it this morning, OP has been updated.

And thanks Jose, hopefully they won't be novice players for long. I hope one day Dallas will **** everyone from Austin and Houston. And then WC and EC. And then THE WORLD. muahahahahhaha....er, I mean, yeah, good ****.

MT_

Smash Ace
Jesi shows up but not Darkrain?? Awesome and not awesome at the same time haha.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Returning from a break is the perfect chance to switch characters. Preferably to ICs.

IC Sisters of Texas needs to be a thing.

Denti

Smash Master
Yay for me getting 2nd in doubles! Dojo and Denti's Double D's team too good!!

The money paid for a #3 at In-N-Out!! <3

Also we had more entrants than Brawl (had like 20ish) :p

<3 Denti
Isn't that kinda exciting? I'm going to actually start practicing Melee.. fighting CPUs only can help so much.

brawl sucks
All I hear is, I suck at Brawl but I'm good at Melee.
:afrainbo:

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I'm very very happy with the turnout for this tourney! Excellent local talent, though we were still missing guys like Denthorn and B91 and some newer players like Denton Zac and Huy. mmmmm I <3 Smash

1: Sethlon - I was really really close to beating you with my Ice Climbers :p I will have to find an even gayer stage to take you to next time...
2: UTDZac - thanks for helping with the organization and setup! It was a great tourney and the location was awesome
3: Dojo - close matches in pools! lol thanks for taking time out of ****** at brawl to **** at melee
4: Thoraxe - hrmm, we still haven't played...
5: Jesi - good **** in teams! We almost had Dojo and Denti... And nobody ever really quits Melee :p
7: Rob - Close matches in the bracket. Let's play more. And eat more tacos too
7: Waterless Fishie - Good ****! Improving as always. Now you just need to stop making it out of pools to win the novice bracket like your friends
9: BlueZaft (MimicMew) - I'm still salty you sandbagged hardcore. Or maybe you have a female smasher weakness! :p
9: Tyranny - Come talk **** to me more, I don't mind, I'll **** up your Ganon even with ICs! :p

1: Penguin - yeesh close matches in pools. Good **** winning the bracket though. I hope you cherish the trophy :3
2: Ryan - thanks for being able to make it out! Let's get together sometime to play, we need a puff in DFW Melee (lol besides that super gay one, you all know who I'm talking about)
3: Problemo - hrmm, didn't get to play much this time, let's play more
4: Eli - wowee, I can tell you know a bit about the game, keep practicing man and come to some smashfests. You'll be ****** in no time
5: Ozzy - Thanks for coming out! We should play more next time
5: Shik - Thanks for making it out! Let's play next time
7: NoShowSoul - Haha sorry I'm terrible with names, thanks for playing in the Melee tourney too :) we definitely appreciate you Brawl guys
7: Kush - Didn't get to play you that much, I'll see you at the next fest :)
9: Calm Animal - Thanks for playing Melee too!
9: T.A.I. - Too many Tai's lol, thanks for coming out man
9: Zach - Thanks for coming
9: Bumps - Wow, I thought you would have ***** everyone in the novice bracket. I was seriously about to have a heart attack in our last game in pools when you were up two stocks. Keep playing man :0
13: Mist - Hrm, didn't get to play you but I think you're a Brawl player? Well thanks for entering the Melee tourney :)

Kal

Smash Champion
I want to start a Sethlon Appreciation Thread.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Posted pools to the OP

did you beat her emilywaves?
Haha no, we didn't get to play in tourney. But her Peach ***** the crap out of me. Stupid *****nado, ***** *** princess ****ing *** mushroom *****. I think in friendlies I took like one match off her Falco :p

Holy ****, Emily actually beat people?
Get the **** out

Kal

Smash Champion
Emily, I think this is a sign to pick up Fox. Start a precedent for future female smashers: you don't need to play Peach, Sheik or Ice Climbers. There are options.

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
9: Tyranny - Come talk **** to me more, I don't mind, I'll **** up your Ganon even with ICs! :p
Put up those vids! I wanna see you gay me with that over-powered ***** in round 3 :)

Go ahead and play ICs, nothing makes me happier than to kill that nana ***** <33
Really fun matches as always.

:phone:

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Kal - Wha-??? You mean, I can actually play a...*gasp*...spacie? I'm pretty sure official MBR ruleset says girls can only play Peach, Sheik and ICs. Jesi is lucky I didn't DQ her in tourney for going Falco for a few matches this weekend.

Tyranny - MM me. Oh and ***** please, you have the same gay *** chain grab on Sheik

Jose - That's awesome! Well, for her at least. She said she wasn't really getting back into Smash, but who the **** ever actually quits Melee???????

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
What does a Brawl main mean?

I played competitive melee from 2005 - start of brawl, then picked up brawl cause all my friends switched over. I stopped playing brawl back in 2010 and just picked up melee again cause all my friends
(ok just sethlon)
were doing it.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Holy ****, Emily actually beat people?
I have it recorded! Theres proof!

With the exception of Sethlon, is everyone else who entered this Melee tourney a Brawl main?
Nope. There were a few newer players who entered both, but aside from Dojo none of us really play brawl over melee.

Shoutouts!

Emily: Nice tournament! Start of a good thing, I'm sure. I might have to just start going sheik on your ICs, getting too close.
Deposit 1Million Bison Dollars into my account by midnight or the videos dissapear forever!

UTDZac: Ganon sweeper EXTRAORDINAIRE

Dojo: I guessed that you vs Zac would either be you camping the ish out of him and you winning by a lot, or you not knowing what to do against peach and him winning by a lot. Turns out both happened! lol.

Thoraxe: Definitely earned the top seed that we gave you. Don't feel bad about losing to zac, hes super old school.

Tyranny: Good stuff making it to bracket. Chain grab that bish back next time!

Shik: I'll make sure to post up the vids. Always good to see a new player enter the scene.

Ozzy: Shame we couldn't get any matches in. Next time for sure!

JTag: Good stuff in the novice bracket. Bummer you're not in Plano area anymore, but Denton has some good players too!

I recorded a good deal of stuff. Already have it all split, so I'll be uploading them soon!

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks everyone for the shoutouts. I"m going to try and be less stressed for the next tournaments - just need to chill and have fun! (And I know what DFW is thinking, no, not chill like that ;) )

I <3 Melee so much. I just want everyone to have fun :)

Kal

Smash Champion
Being a TO is stressful. You either take the job seriously, or you don't give a **** and start three hours late. But I think the more tournaments you run, the less stressful you'll find everything. This will vary somewhat according to the level of *** hole of your attendants. It sounds like you're doing a pretty good job so far anyway.

Using pools to seed an amateur bracket is a really good idea, by the way. I wish I had thought of it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Yeah the pools idea seemed to work out pretty well.

Maybe the whole tournament hosting experience was stressful cause we dual hosted Brawl and Melee. Setting up all those TVs was tough =O

Top Bottom