• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rainbow Dash Dance Results - Plano, TX, March 3rd

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, I think it would've been nice if we'd had a separate labtop for each event...having to pass it back and forth between you and Denti seemed pretty annoying. If need be me/zac could bring another labtop next time so we can have one per.

Oh btw vids are up.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Being a TO is stressful. You either take the job seriously, or you don't give a **** and start three hours late. But I think the more tournaments you run, the less stressful you'll find everything. This will vary somewhat according to the level of *** hole of your attendants. It sounds like you're doing a pretty good job so far anyway.

Using pools to seed an amateur bracket is a really good idea, by the way. I wish I had thought of it.
ill seriously start a tournament 3 hours late

also i seed brackets like a god, a god

Kal

Smash Champion
By "I will" you of course mean "I have."

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
when im randomly elected TO an hour and a half after an event starts and am barred from taking money until people register ill start a tourney late boiiii

an epic tourney sorry ur an early bird

Kal

Smash Champion
Poor Sethlon had to play against Peach in grand finals. Roy vs. Peach is ****ing awful. :(

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Denti did bring a laptop, but we decided to share the laptop due to the scarcity of available outlets. But I doubt it was due to Melee + Brawl, I just get stressed in general. Just need to be aware of it for next time :)

I really do dig the amateur bracket too (nice job me! :p). With 25 entrants, we were able to do 5 pools and two brackets running simultaneously (3 TVs per bracket, 6 TVs total), plus with Brawl interference for players like Dojo playing both, in 6 hours for your TO reference.

Kal

Smash Champion
That is absolutely amazing, Emily. With about 30 entrants, Kawaii Love Combos took 4.5 hours running one bracket without pools. Running a 25-man tournament with pools and two brackets in six hours is really impressive.

Scar has a thread going on advice for running events. Hopefully we can start collaborating in order to make our events as awesome as possible.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
the most important thing you guys could do as TOs is get OOS people to come. that way theres some hype flying around at tournaments.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
That is absolutely amazing, Emily. With about 30 entrants, Kawaii Love Combos took 4.5 hours running one bracket without pools. Running a 25-man tournament with pools and two brackets in six hours is really impressive.

Scar has a thread going on advice for running events. Hopefully we can start collaborating in order to make our events as awesome as possible.

:3 To be fair, I used to organize events for the biggest GameStop store in the world - 3-400 person events etc. Hell, I'm prolly going to make a career from event organization.

the most important thing you guys could do as TOs is get OOS people to come. that way theres some hype flying around at tournaments.
I know that one of my next three tournaments will have out of state. Guaranteed.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
id like to see dallas get some fire, everyone is too quiet and respectful.

P3 was mega unhype lol only hype was like kevin vs sethlon

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
better train up your goku sethlon, altho a saiyan from houston he has somehow been tainted by dallas.

however he is a low tier clown and his power level is nothing compared to the houston elites.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
LOLOLOL "Our goku Sethlon"...

You hear that Sessuron?? You need to go super saiyan next tourney :D

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
omg, I just noticed NO ONE WENT FOX for the entire tourney. ****ing fine, I'll pick that furry up.

Kal

Smash Champion
If you pick up Fox, we should team double Fox some time. My favorite team by far.

Top Bottom