• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar should both be banned

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
it does change if a player only has 1 character next to their name and someone else doesn't
you obviously didn't read it right. I was talking about players who main more than one character. Even then, It still doesn't change anything because the total increases too.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
You only have a total for Total Cash Won in Tournament. Is there a total for Cash Won (No Split) and the Average?
The totals for the latter two don't really mean anything. The percentages for "Full Split," "No Split," and "Average" are all based off the total sum of all characters found in "Full Split," because that is the true value of how much money has circulated 2011 Brawl tournaments. As a result, this causes the percentages in "No Split" and "Average" to not add up to 100%, but instead go over. There is a reasoning behind this, mind you.

Drop all of your assumptions for now, and assume that only one Brawl Tournament has occurred in all of 2011, and it paid out $50 to first place only.

Assume a MK/Snake users wins this tournament. For "Full Split," MK and Snake would both have $25 each, and the total sum of their overall money would add up to $50, which is the total amount of money that has circulated 2011 Brawl so far. In this case, both characters would have 50% in this category.

For "No Split," both characters would receive $50. Now, the total sum of the money in this section would add up to $100, and that $100 doesn't represent anything! Only $50 has circulated 2011 Brawl so far, so this hundred dollar figure doesn't hold any value to us whatsoever. By basing the percentages on the total amount of money that has circulated 2011 Brawl, we see that MK and Snake both have a value of 100% in this section, which interprets to, "MK users have won 100% of all available tournament money, and Snake users have won 100% of all available tournament money." The statements are completely true, even though they add up to 200%. The total sum of the percentages in "No Split" adds up to some random arbitrary figure that doesn't really represent anything either.

And of course, as far as "Average," we're averaging something that adds up to 100%, and something that goes over 100%, so of course the average will also exceed 100%. Everything stated for "No Split" applies here for the most part.

I haven't won more money using MK o_0

I use them both at the same tourneys and sometimes just all Marth lol, that doesn't make any sense
Yeah, that one was a typo on my part, sorry about that.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you obviously didn't read it right. I was talking about players who main more than one character. Even then, It still doesn't change anything because the total increases too.

if everyone mained 2 characters then yeah, it wouldn't change, but that doesn't happen. I did read it right.

Ripple said:
it does change if a player only has 1 character next to their name and someone else doesn't

example

1st place goes to :metaknight: :snake:/ $100
2nd place goes to :dk2: $40

in 1 column MK would have won $100 snake wins $100 and DK wins $40.

in the 2nd colmn MK wins $50 snake wins $50 and DK STILL wins $40

this causes the amount of money to change and cause the % to be different.

jebus, you're wrong

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
The totals for that don't necessarily represent anything. The percentages for "Full Split," "No Split," and "Average" are all based off the total sum of all characters found in "Full Split," because that is the true value of how much money has circulated 2011 Brawl tournies. As a result, this causes the percentages in "No Split" and "Average" to not add up to 100%, but instead go over. There is a reasoning behind this, mind you.

Let's just say there has only been one Brawl Tournament in all of 2011, and it paid out $50 to first place only.

Assume a MK/Snake users wins this tournament. For "Full Split," MK and Snake would both have $25 each, and the total sum of their overall money would add up to $50, which is the total amount of money that has circulated 2011 Brawl so far.

For "No Split," both characters would receive $50. Now, the total sum of the money in this section would add up to $100, and that $100 doesn't represent anything! Only $50 has circulated 2011 Brawl so far, so this hundred dollar figure doesn't make any sense. By basing the percentages on the total amount of money that has circulated 2011 Brawl, we see that MK and Snake both have a value of 100% in this section, meaning that "MK users have won 100% of all available tournament money," and "Snake users have won 100% of all available tournament money." The statements are completely true, even though they add up to 200%. The reason for this is that the total sum of the percentages in "No Split" adds up to some random arbitrary figure that doesn't really represent anything.

And of course, as far as "Average," we're averaging something that adds up to 100%, and something that goes over 100%, so of course the average will also exceed 100%.

Yeah, that one was a typo on my part, sorry about that.
so you are basing MKs percentage off of 200%?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
@Ripple you are right about but I was right about the first part

@CrimsonFeint, He doesn't have a total amount for no split and average so he is using total cash which doesn't add up with the rest

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Read the post I made just now again, and maybe it'll make sense.

CAREFULLY.
It doesn't make sense because MK is the most used secondary in the game and when someone wins with him, they make the same amount of money as someone who only mains MK.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
It doesn't make sense because MK is the most used secondary in the game and when someone wins with him, they make the same amount of money as someone who only mains MK.

only true in 1 of the columns, not the second

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
He is only using the "Total Cash Won in Tournament" to get his percentages and not the total for each column
that is only for split, he uses the other total for nonsplit. and like he said, there is confusion in the name

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
that is only for split, he uses the other total for nonsplit. and like he said, there is confusion in the name
No, you can check the percentages yourself. He gets them from "Total Cash Won in Tourney"

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
No, you can check the percentages yourself. He gets them from "Total Cash Won in Tourney"
SHOW how he is wrong, indepth. show all work and math. becuase we've had numerous people check his math

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
SHOW how he is wrong, indepth. show all work and math. becuase we've had numerous people check his math
I don't have to. He doesn't even have a 100% total on the bottom of the percentages for (no split) and the percentages on the green box alone (MK-Olimar) add up to more than 100%

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Okay, let's work under the assumption there has only been one 2011 Brawl tournament, and it paid out $50 to a MK/Snake user.

It would look like this. The percentages in the latter two categories add up to above 100%, but in no way does that prove that the data is wrong. The fact there are percentages that exist over 100% in this case is due to the fact that players use more than one character in tourney, it's that simple.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Okay, let's work under the assumption there has only been one 2011 Brawl tournament, and it paid out $50 to a MK/Snake user.

It would look like this. The percentages in the latter two categories add up to above 100%, but in no way does that prove that the data is wrong. The fact there are percentages that exist over 100% in this case is due to the fact that players use more than one character in tourney, it's that simple.

Those other percentages (no split and average) should still have a percentage based off of 100

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
We should stop talking about ban talk.

Also Jebus, you need to stop strawmanning.
he doesn't know what that means, and even if he did, that's all he ever does

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
It's a big deal. This is the data people are using to support the ban and it's not even accurate
you're claim was that the math was wrong. it wasn't. and we never said it was perfect, but what IS true about the data is the MK wins anywhere between 39% and 55% of the money. and that is what we know is true. he couldn't have possbly won more than that and he couldn't have won less than that

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I got 112708.98 for the (No Split) total. 44692.41 (MK's winnings) is 39% of that and not 55%

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
There were 5 MKs in the top 10. The 5 MKs on that list are top players. They would still be there no matter what rule set we use

Still is MK

You mean that tournament where Yoshi placed 9th?
Get em

I like how both tournaments featured a different mid-tier character placing exceptionally well.
This.

Top 6, Top 8, or Top 12 buddy.

Top 10 only worked at MLG.
Jebus, looking worse than normal now.

Can you prove that?
Can you prove otherwise?

Show me proof. I have proof that only about 38% of the top 5% in Brawl use MK and only about 26% main him
Where is the proof?

Jebus gets points off for not showing his work.

also he didn't put his name at the top of the paper.
-dead-

You're summoning time is up Ripple I didn't read most of this thread because I saw basically all the pages filled with Jebus.

/gone

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278504

If you only count mains, none of the regions ever go over 4 MKs and some don't even have any MKs

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480

4 of the top 10 are MK mains
8 of the top 20 are MK mains
15 of the top 30 are MK mains (The only time it reaches 50% MK)
16 of the top 40 are MK mains
17 of the top 50 are MK mains
19 of the top 60 are MK mains
23 of the top 70 are MK mains
26 of the top 80 are MK mains
27 of the top 90 are MK mains
31 of the top 100 are MK mains
31 of the top 110 are MK mains
33 of the top 120 are MK mains
37 of the top 130 are MK mains
39 of the top 140 are MK mains
43 of the top 150 are MK mains
44 of the top 160 are MK mains
47 of the top 170 are MK mains
49 of the top 180 are MK mains
51 of the top 190 are MK mains
52 of the top 200 are MK mains
56 of the top 210 are MK mains
59 of the top 220 are MK mains
61 of the top 230 are MK mains
There are 61 MK mains (MK listed as their first or only character) in the top 230. About 26%

There are a total of 93 MKs (MK listed as their first, second or third character) in the top 230. About 40%

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
because power ranking's should be used over tournament results, right guys?

Life

Smash Hero
There are 61 MK mains (MK listed as their first or only character) in the top 230. About 26%

There are a total of 93 MKs (MK listed as their second or third character) in the top 230. About 40%
Since I'm too lazy to go count 'em, is the second number "mains AND secondaries" or just "secondaries"?

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
The problem with MK isn't how many people main him. It's the fact that he is the go-to secondary. So we should include secondaries in the results, because the issue is if switching to MK, even just once or twice, caused that person to win.

Pocket MKs are doing the most damage to the metagame of anything I've ever seen! The CP system is useless since MK is the perfect CP for every situation, and the best chance you have is the ditto! this "when in doubt, go MK" trend is the problem, and that is measured, not my how many MK mains there are, but how many people switch to him in order to win matches (i.e. secondary or even tertiary characters.)

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
The problem with MK isn't how many people main him. It's the fact that he is the go-to secondary. So we should include secondaries in the results, because the issue is if switching to MK, even just once or twice, caused that person to win.

Pocket MKs are doing the most damage to the metagame of anything I've ever seen! The CP system is useless since MK is the perfect CP for every situation, and the best chance you have is the ditto! this "when in doubt, go MK" trend is the problem, and that is measured, not my how many MK mains there are, but how many people switch to him in order to win matches (i.e. secondary or even tertiary characters.)
He has bad character specific stages. Falco, Diddy and ICs on FD, Snake on Halberd, Falco on Japes. Also what you said about MK can be said about any secondary that helps someone win a match.

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
the difference is that every other secondary has pros and cons... MK has only pros, and if you're playing to win, he's the best option. No matter what your opponent does, you can go MK and have the advantage.

Those "bad" stages aren't really bad. They're slightly closer (which at this point is the whole point of the metagame), but MK still has the advantage. Besides, in character specific mus, one stage that he doesn't like (not a bad stage, but not preferable) has absolutely no bearing on how the match turns out, due to stage bans.

Top Bottom