• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Race's Big Cerritos Smashfest!/Tourney maybe? *Nov 6

Race

Smash Lord
I've decided that I want to have friendly casuals every week at my house in cerritos. This is something I want to do so we can meet each other who live close and play different people then we usually do. Also so we can get to know each other make new friends. . ect. Anyways the brawlfest will only last a few hours at the end of the week on Friday night. This isn't a tournament or giant meet, just some locals who wanna play each other for a few hours and have some fun hanging out. I already have a lot of people who are down to do this but please if you plan on going give me a call, the reason being I can't have 20+ people here with only one TV and Wii. TO those who go, you can bring another TV and Wii so we can have another set-up. But only 2 set-ups max.

Anyways here's the Info

Race's Weekly Brawlfest:
Location: Cerritos (Pm me or ask here for my address) Close to the 714 area
AIM: JDriftSpec
Playing: SSBB or whatever you guys want, let me know
Time: 5pm-11pm
When: Every Friday.
Capacity: 14 people (2 set-ups)

Thanks to Seng and his friend Matt for coming over and suggesting I post this. If any one has question ask away.

Please keep in mind that this is gonna be in someone's house, please respect the owner and try not to mess or take anything there. Please don't come drunk or high. Also try not to make too much noise, party levels is okay but I don't think this would really be an issue. I'm doing this for you guys and a little respect back would be awesome. If someone gets too rowdy or out of control you'll be kicked out, i'm serous on this.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
That's cool, I live in Artesia, but my school is in Cerritos because I live so close. If you decide to hold a tounry I'll definitely be there though, no offense or anything, I just don't feel like going to play casually right now

You have dogs? Lol im so there... maybe next week tho,

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
Sign me up man!!!

I'll REALLY try and make it on Friday!

:O Actually, this might be perfect. My bro goes to Cerritos college, so I can hitch a ride with him on his way to class and make it to your place perfectly on time, then probably leave around 8-9 since he gets out by then, ha ha perfect. PM me your address if that's cool.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
if it's gonna be only fridays. i'll probably start going starting end of may.

Race

Smash Lord
PMs with address sent. Thanks for the support guys

So anyone down this upcoming friday the 18th?

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
PMs with address sent. Thanks for the support guys

So anyone down this upcoming friday the 18th?
ME. I have a possibility of not being able to come, but I'm trying to rectify it now.

But yeah, I wanna throw my Luigi at some new faces...any of you guys interested if I got game, you can check my latest videos in the Luigi thread, over at the Brawl Character Discussion threads.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
Scratch that man, I can't come Friday, the gang's coming over to my place on Friday and they'd rather play some friendlies here with all of our own friends =/ Sorry.

BUT I'm definitely going to come any time I can. Hopefully next week would work?

Or, even, might I suggest changing the brawlfests to Saturdays???

Race

Smash Lord
tourneys will conflict if it's held on saterdays (Since tourneys are held on weekends)

I'm considering Thursdays but I need to ask the people who would be coming over first. So i'll stick with friday for now.

You can bring friends if you want, as long as it's not gonna go over the limit

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
tourneys will conflict if it's held on saterdays (Since tourneys are held on weekends)

I'm considering Thursdays but I need to ask the people who would be coming over first. So i'll stick with friday for now.

Thursdays would be great too =]

Race

Smash Lord
Ill definitely try to come again man ur snake is too good, and i love your dogs =D
hahah thanks, trying to play more people so my skill can go up, lol. It was awesome fighting ur marth, I've looking to play a really good marth so thanks for coming by. Hope to see you again in the next weekly

Asarja

Smash Rookie
hey Race, how far is this from where you held the tournament on Sunday? If it's not too far I'll consider going cause I think this kind of thing is a better way to get into the community than tournaments. It's kind of awkward not knowing anybody at tournaments where it seems like everyone already knows each other lol.

I was the toon link you beat in the 2nd round btw ): your snake is crazy

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
I'm good for what ever days of the week as long as I'm not busy.

What's up Grinch =]
Not much, pwning scrubs at Brawl tournies :O Only lost to a Marth a few weeks ago, it's all good.

They call me, The GREENCH now, because I'm ill.

Ha ha.

There's no Y.Link in Brawl :( Who do you main now???

Race

Smash Lord
hey Race, how far is this from where you held the tournament on Sunday? If it's not too far I'll consider going cause I think this kind of thing is a better way to get into the community than tournaments. It's kind of awkward not knowing anybody at tournaments where it seems like everyone already knows each other lol.

I was the toon link you beat in the 2nd round btw ): your snake is crazy
Ey whats up man?

My other house is a good 15 min away from the location of last week's tourney. Not too far. A good 12 miles away (Map quested it). It would be really cool if you could come, I'd really like to face ur toon link again and we can have some good times chilling. Yeah I didn't know anyone in the tourney either though I organized it, lol but yeah I want to get to know more people in the community also, lol.
anyways hope you can come I'll PM u the address so you can see how far it is

Asarja

Smash Rookie
I'll probably try, but if I go it probably won't be til about 6 or so. Should be able to make it unless something comes up..although Fridays tend to be random with stuff happening.

Zfly

Smash Cadet

THURSDAYS would def be the best
i know i can always make it on a thursday :D

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
race...keep me up to speed on whats going on for tomorrow (if its gonna happen)...im thinkin that since it seems there are quite a few people living in the area, we could have something pretty awesome goin on in terms of a weekly thing

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
i can go tomorrow if theres still space... i havnt played brawl much since i came back from england so this would be good to get back into it
might show up a bit late but not more then an hour for sure definitely between 5-6
id like to go every other week or so too if this works out it would be a good way to get better and its pretty close to where i live

Race

Smash Lord
yeah I still have room for tomorrow, if you want to stop by. If so I can PM you the address.

Yeah it'll still happen tomorrow, but i'll talk about it with you guys in detail if you want it Thursday or not. Cause i'm not sure myself if I can be allowed to hold it Thursday (I still live at home and I have younger siblings, it might be a problem cause it's still a school night for them)

Thanks all for the support. and yeah . .we can really make a pretty awesome meet weekly!

Race

Smash Lord
we only have like 4-5 people coming so far fopr tomorrow, so a TV isnt needed yet. I'll let you know tomorrow if we still need it or not

Top Bottom