• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R@vYn's monthlies at Play' N ' Trade Ft.Lauderdale (Cancelled)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I want to go to this again, it was good, my only complaint is not being able to sit in a chair, nothing major though. I start a new job soon so I'm not sure what my schedule will be like until I start.

Coffee™

I need it....
Added Grand Finals to the first page, not exactly sure whats up with the quaility but I'm looking into it

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
hey Ravyn, i might get my wii fixed before the tourney and ill probably bring mines but can you help me install that homebrew thing for the infinite replay with tags hack?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Why are the starter stages sooooo limited?
BF
FD
SV

THATS ALL!?
Put these in the starter stages.

Lylat Cruise ( Has no hazards)
Yoshi Island Brawl (How is this not a starter stage!?)
Castle Siege ( It's a stage with no hazards )
Pokemon Stadium Melee ( It was a starter stage back in the melee days, so why not for brawl? )

I'm getting bored of playing on the same stages all the time, when there is room for more diversity. :(

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Why are the starter stages sooooo limited?
BF
FD
SV

THATS ALL!?
Put these in the starter stages.

Lylat Cruise ( Has no hazards)
Yoshi Island Brawl (How is this not a starter stage!?)
Castle Siege ( It's a stage with no hazards )
Pokemon Stadium Melee ( It was a starter stage back in the melee days, so why not for brawl? )

I'm getting bored of playing on the same stages all the time, when there is room for more diversity. :(
No mr. brinstar :mad:
Keep starters as they are.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Castle siege has walk-offs so characters with CGs benefit heavily (Pikachu DDD Falco Yoshi)

Lylat cruise's tilting can disrupt many recoveries, making it not neutral

Yoshi's The ghost is random. Other than that i have no idea

Pokemon Stadium (Melee) The transformations lead to wall infinites and the lip can gimp recoveries.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Castle siege has walk-offs so characters with CGs benefit heavily (Pikachu DDD Falco Yoshi)

Lylat cruise's tilting can disrupt many recoveries, making it not neutral

Yoshi's The ghost is random. Other than that i have no idea

Pokemon Stadium (Melee) The transformations lead to wall infinites and the lip can gimp recoveries.
On FD characters recoveries are also disrupted with the angled ledges. Yet FD is a starter stage.

Only that one stage part makes Castle Siege a walk off. So 2 stages out of the 1 stage transformation takes it out of the starter stage list? I can see it being a CP if 2 of the transformations were walk offs. So that makes it... 33.3% a CP, and 66.7% a Starter stage.

PS1. It's also a transforming stage. So the Fire and Rock parts of the stage you can wall infinite, the Default stage and Grass type and Water stages you cant wall infinite.
So the Default (20%+), Grass(20%+), and Water(20%+) stage makes it 60% a starter stage.
Fire (20%+) Rock (20%) = 40% CP stage.

With Lylat Cruise, you can make the stage work for you or against you. You have to learn the stage like most stages to avoid the bad angle of recovery. The tilting is such a minor hazard.

It might be a better idea to use mathematical equations instead of opinions on transformation stages. Since opinions can be flawed, math cannot. lol.

Snipa: LOL. Yeah man, Brinstar is definitely a counter pick stage. I just think there should be more diversity in starter pick stages, since they are basically... wild card stages if choosen on random.

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Allright thanks ^_^
and yea...i hope that aib tourney page brings more people in, gives me a better shot to find a 2v2 partner since im basically a nobody in the smash scene :]
No one team with him , he got 2 stocked by my samus :p.
j.k juanboy your yoshis leet.

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
oh and btw R@vyn
im thinking that the problem isnt just with my wii but my brawl disc too, cause when i clean it with hot water ( dont know why i made it hot water ) it works for a pretty long time
didnt you tell me before that your store sells a disc cleaning thing?
cause if i send it to nintendo now i probably wont get it back in time for the tourney

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Does anyone know the direct website where I can download the Twilight Princess hack onto my Wii? I'm sad when I can't save good matches past 3 minutes.

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know the direct website where I can download the Twilight Princess hack onto my Wii? I'm sad when I can't save good matches past 3 minutes.
I know what you mean by that
especially when in that match you get the best kill of your life...only for the match to be gone because its 3:01 ._.

Coffee™

I need it....
R@vyn wat did u get in GIGS?
Not sure. I didn't make it out of pools though. You were in my bracket iirc. I had to play Reflex like 3rd or 4th round in Winners then Bonesaw in Losers right after.:ohwell:

Shaky

Smash Ace
Anyone care to give me a ride to this? :/ I live in West Palm Beach.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Justin, are you coming to this? Maybe I can hitch a ride if possible ;p

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot it's your mother's birthday so I understand you're most likely not going.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Nick Riddle and I are 100% NOT attending this tournament. My family and I are going to a baseball game, Marlins vs Mets to celebrate my mother's birthday. Good luck to all, and have fun giving your money to master raven.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Anyone notable coming to this?

Seibrik and company are going to Tally.

ESAM and Nick Riddle aren't going.

MVD please come :)

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I wanna attend this, no ride.

I did wanna go to tally, but don't wanna ask anyone for rides.

sooooo i wont be going, unless i have a ride!

lol.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I would go if my family wasn't forcing me to go to Key Largo this weekend. It's SO boring over there. :urg:

Top Bottom