• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R@vYn's monthlies at Play' N ' Trade Ft.Lauderdale (Cancelled)

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Fine we shall do a 5$ DK/Marth and it's gonna be hard with you living to ungodly percents.

Master Raven let's do your MK and Snake vs my Marth 2$ each.

Yea Juan we need to do more matches.

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Yo chaz, $1 MM DDD vs Marth. As for this secret character...eh why not. I'll $1 MM it with Diddy.

Seibrik, $1 MM my DDD vs your Snake? and/or $1 MM Diddy vs MK?

Master Raven

Smash Master
Lol so i will do 5$ snake instead of DDD, i am pretty confident considering how the last tournament match went :laugh:
That first match never happened LOL (although I had the courtesy to save it for everyone on Youtube to watch), but I did alright the second match until I ****ed up with my C4. I'll learn to be more careful with it like that next time, and I think I'm getting better vs Pika.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i hate seeing everyone always get hyped to do one dollar MM's all the time. i get it if u dont have much money to put up, but i see everyone dong it all of the time. im not talking about vs me, i dont care, but vs someone of equal or even less skill level, i just feel i should be seeing a bit more confidence comming from some people.

big money comes from big talk, big talk causes big hype....

thats all im sayin....

we're like the only fighting game community that walks around challangin people to 1 dollar mm's like its big ****.

i understand if someone challanges u, and u lower it to 1 cuz u werent expecting to mm or w.e.

but dont GO to people asking to one dollar mm, some reason it just pisses me off.

MnM

Smash Journeyman
i hate seeing everyone always get hyped to do one dollar MM's all the time. i get it if u dont have much money to put up, but i see everyone dong it all of the time. im not talking about vs me, i dont care, but vs someone of equal or even less skill level, i just feel i should be seeing a bit more confidence comming from some people.

thats all im sayin....

we're like the only fighting game community that walks around challangin people to 1 dollar mm's like its big ****.

i understand if someone challanges u, and u lower it to 1 cuz u werent expecting to mm or w.e.

but dont GO to people asking to one dollar mm, some reason it just pisses me off.
I just want to play people at their best and get experience without having much to lose.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace

thats all im sayin....

THIS!!

I just want to play people at their best and get experience without having much to lose.
I wont be playing at my best for a dollar lolz.

-L-

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
thats also a reason why people in fl are so horribly behind.they're afraid of people getting used to them in friendlies andlosing a tourny match, so people are usually sandbagging they're ***** off so everyones slowed down like hell in progressing with thier characters.

IE peopleare more worried about placings and less worried about progressing their metagame.

MnM

Smash Journeyman
I wont be playing at my best for a dollar lolz.
If there's money involved, most people would.

thats also a reason why people in fl are so horribly behind.they're afraid of people getting used to them in friendlies andlosing a tourny match, so people are usually sandbagging they're ***** off so everyones slowed down like hell in progressing with thier characters.

IE peopleare more worried about placings and less worried about progressing their metagame.
That's why I MM. No one wants to play their best in friendlies.

Master Raven

Smash Master

People should man the **** up and learn to adapt better than the other guy he played friendlies with. I'll gladly play anyone in friendlies. I don't care how ****ty or good they are, yeah if I'm not dumb I'm going to adapt to them in tourney but it's also good player and matchup exp on their end as well, assuming of course they know what they're getting themselves into. It's a double-edged sword in terms of how you will perform when you think about it, but hey, I do want my state to get better so yeah.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah MK is allowed at this one. You better not make it banned again R@vyn, it makes it too easy.

Coffee™

I need it....
Nah, MK is allowed. It was only banned last month to see what results woulda been like.

On another note. I took Norfair back off from CP and added RC instead.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Having a brawl tournament and a melee tournament in the same location on the same day wouldn't work. Plus, he already has it set with the owner.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
****it seibrik stop contradiciting me :p

The more important point is that R@vyn has set up monthly tournaments here, so he shouldn't switch just because people ask him to unless the owner of PnT wants him to.

Coffee™

I need it....
****it seibrik stop contradiciting me :p

The more important point is that R@vyn has set up monthly tournaments here, so he shouldn't switch just because people ask him to unless the owner of PnT wants him to.
Pretty much. Anyone for MMs at this?

Top Bottom