• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R@vyn's Monthlies 2.0, Saturday November 13th 2010 @ Zero Ping

Coffee™

I need it....
General Information

November 13th 2010:

Schedule:
Registration Sign ups at 11:00am
Doubles Tournament will begin at 12:00am sharp so be here by then
Singles will be played whenever Doubles ends.

Entry Fees:
Registration/Door Fee - $5
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $20 per team

Payout:
Singles - 45/30/15/10
Doubles - 45/30/15/10

*Payouts are to 4th place*

Characters allowed for Low Tier if Low Tier is played.:
:lucas: :bowser2: :yoshi2: :mario2: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff:
:zelda: :link2: :ganondorf:

Address:
5450 South State Road 7, Hollywood, Florida, 33174 Suite Number 41.

Zero Ping is found on 441, between the main streets of Stirling Road, and Griffen. Those are two exits off of I-95. Take I-95 (south or north respectively) Exit off of Stirling Road and head WEST from I-95. When you hit 441/State Road 7 (its the same street) Make a right so you should now be heading NORTH. The next light you'll see is a street called Seminole Way. After that the second Street is called Lucky Street. Make a right there into the plaza.

Contact Info:
Name: Ravyn
AIM: maniaclyrasist
Cell: (754) 214-0583

I'll also post results of the tournies in the 2nd post

Rules

- Double Eliminations.

- Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes.

- Items are set to “off” and “none”.

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike one stage from the available 11.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals and semifinals are best of 5.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Additional Rules

- In the event that there is a dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose the stage that player last won on (unless agreed upon).

- You are not required to bring your own controller but it is recommended.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played.

- Coaching is not allowed.

- Don't be a douche. The tournament host reserves the right at any time to make you leave the tournament. (Thats me!)

Additional Rules for Double's Play:

-Life Stealing is allowed
-Set team attack to "on."

Stages:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
Norfair
New Pork City
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
R@vyn's monthlies are back =]

Coffee™

I need it....
Reserved....

Code:
June 26th 2010

[URL=http://img339.imageshack.us/i/doubles.gif/][IMG]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7540/doubles.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://img40.imageshack.us/i/singles.gif/][IMG]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8027/singles.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Coffee™

I need it....
mlg roolset pl0x
No. Mlg's ruleset is garbage. ESAM will always be hosting his tourney with the MLg Ruleset either way so the state won't be out of pratice for it. That, however, doesn't mean that the rest of the state needs to comply with it.

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Hell yea , good stuff R@yvn.

I think Wiis with infinite replay should get priority over those without it.
Wasn't able to save some great team games last Sat.

Also , pause should be turned off on all of the Wiis. I don't want what happened tp Kith to happen again to someone.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
koool

i shouold be heree

and you shouold implement this rule my dad told me about that they use at some poker tournies.

in addition to the 10 dollars to the singles pot, everyone puts 5 dollars (mandatory to enter) into a side "knock-out" pot.

everytime you knock someone out (Meaning out of losers bracket) you get 5 dollars from that pot.

granted i understand that some players may try to get to losers bracket early at a chance to rake in more money throughout the tourny, but i think that's a risk they're taking since now they only have to lose once to be knocked out themselves. i know myself, i'd rather just stay in winners.

this gives all players who don't currently believe to have a shot at the top 3, a chance to win some money back, by knocking out some equal or lesser skilled players to themselves.

thoughts?

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
I would love to make my entrance fee back.
But wouldn't that dramatically decrease the the payouts for the winners?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
no cuz it's an ADDITIONAL 5 dollars to a SEPERATE pot

so to enter singles in total would be 15, 5 of which would be the "knock-out fee"

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I would 100% lose in the first round.
5 a person?!
I'd make more money than third place... if I didn't place third or higher... -.-

8Bitman

Smash Master
IF i go to this i'd agree to do this.. but only cuz i always do better in loserz than in winnerz for zum weird reason..

reguardless its a gewd idea.. but too expensive for most people. id agree 100% if singles was originally 5$ to enter..

*thinks O_O

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the 5 dollar fee was just an idea, or example

it could easily be 2 dollars to be more accomadating, but the idea still stands to give people a chance to earn some money back

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Meh...were still doing the crew battle, 3v3 hm... Seibrik, Riddle, and someone else, auto win. People also don't wanna pay 15$ for singles, just leave it at 10.

EDIT

Actually if none of the PRs could team, then this could be interesting...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
need practice on cps....ughhhhh

anyway i guess hype for this....meh...and...sighsss

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
u might as well say that for 2v2... if no pr's can team, could be interesting, but not gonna happen. people still want money lol

not to mention, since its 3v3, it becomes increasingly harder to do teams of 3v3 without any repeated pr players, someone would be bowned to get left out

Xaltis

Smash Hero
u might as well say that for 2v2... if no pr's can team, could be interesting, but not gonna happen. people still want money lol

not to mention, since its 3v3, it becomes increasingly harder to do teams of 3v3 without any repeated pr players, someone would be bowned to get left out
That's what I don't like, you Riddle, and ESAM could easily team and just get first. So there's no point in other people entering.

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
Yay, another attempt to me going into a tournament ;D
and this 3v3 thing seems interesting, bad thing is not many people have seen me play and those that have may not remember me soooo...im probably not gonna be able to join that
anywaysssssss...hypeeeeeee :p

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
btw, someone asked me and its tru

the first post doesn't ACTUALLY say its at ZP.

u shouold clear that up

and talk to ZP people so they know ahead of time

Coffee™

I need it....
btw, someone asked me and its tru

the first post doesn't ACTUALLY say its at ZP.

u shouold clear that up

and talk to ZP people so they know ahead of time
Changed the title and I wouldn't host a tourney without knowing if I can use the venue for it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
as far as i know, im planning on going with gary, with mike driving. others to later fill the car. hopefully everything goes as planned this time

gallax

Smash Hero
me and gdx and kyon for sure. radix and raz may come. ive also contacted mata and renki and lessthanthree. hrnut wont go cuz he has work but i will ask him too. co is in africa(srsly)

the only thing though is that we are gonna spend 8 hours total driving which is about 40$+ in gas money and we wanna know if there is anything u can do about helping us with the door fee. we can brings wii's and like 2 tv's if that helps(unless someone is riding in the trunk lol).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you can use my setup as getting off your door fee if you need to, mike

or i can just give you 5 bucks extra on top of gas lol

i still cant fathom how co is actually in africa. that must be so ******. Gotta add it to my list of things to do

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i know at esams tournies wiis=no door fee

if the same is done here, i say regardless of time of arrival, those traveling from orlando should get wii/door fee priority

Top Bottom