• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R vs L

JrdnS

Smash Ace
first off l cancel doesnt mean you push l to do it. it means lag cancel and you can push r,l, or z. and i use r for everything. and the c stick for shffling.

JFox

Smash Hero
Just make sure you're not using the same button to shield as the one you use for wavedashing. Its far easier to wavedash outta shield with two buttons than it is with one.

BTW, me personally, I use R for shield/wavedashing, and use L for L-cancels (partly cuz I used to think you could only do it with L)

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I never use L, plus L died in ep 25
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAGE
Haven't finished watching yet, thanks.

Just make sure you're not using the same button to shield as the one you use for wavedashing. Its far easier to wavedash outta shield with two buttons than it is with one.

BTW, me personally, I use R for shield/wavedashing, and use L for L-cancels (partly cuz I used to think you could only do it with L)
Ugh, I wish I could use them seperately, but I just can't break the R habit. Like I've been using R since 2001 playing uncompetitively, it's wayy too much instinct for me to change now. I have a really rough time WDing OOS.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
L for shielding and R for wavedashing. I found it much easier to get the timing for wavedashing with one hand, so I chose R. I think I had always been using L for shielding.
For teching, I use L as well.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
L for shielding and R for wavedashing. I found it much easier to get the timing for wavedashing with one hand, so I chose R. I think I had always been using L for shielding.
For teching, I use L as well.
This.

L:
Shield
Tech
L-Cancel

R:
Wavedashing

Aiko

Smash Champion
Well in Japanese Light is actually spelt and pronounced Raito. But we all know L is better.

So I use L for everything.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I use R most of the time, when im clawing I use L to wavedash, L to L-cancel, except with a few moves I use r, like links dair.

rhan

Smash Hero
My left trigger finger is faster then my right so I use L to L-cancel and air dodge.

For everything else my R button does the rest. Shielding, Light Shielding, Chain Grab, Sidestep, etc.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
L for shield/spot dodge/roll/L cancel

R for Airdodge/Wavedash

Weird habbit: I will always tech with L if I'm rolling left, but occasionally I will tech with R if I'm rolling right.

Hibiki

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand how most of you people get used to wavedashing with R.
I'm a righty, so my left index is for like speed.
So it's the only way I can really do it.
Though I don't think it really matters, I tried R, it didn't work out so well. XD

Metà

Smash Master
I've always used L for everything because I played SSB64 right up until the release of Melee, so I was used to using my left index finger for shielding/rolling (Z button).

I don't use R for anything, period.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Sometimes I wish I used L for everything. I can't claw the controller without screwing everything up by not having my right index finger on R.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
I use L for Wavedashing/Waveshining and shielding but, when I wavedash out of shield I use L to shield and R to wavdash out of it.

To L-cancel I always use Z.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
hmm... *looks at the way I hold a controller, comes back*

yea, I can pretty much say I use L for shielding, R is for everything else including wavedashing

Top Bottom