• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B in teams?

Croissant

Smash Apprentice
Anybody have any good ideas for team combo's with ROB?
My usual teammate is a Lucas player and I've noticed that weird 'super-boost' effect you get when you up-b with lucas's up-b going through you... I was thinking that it might help catch enemies in high places (situational obviously). Other than that I can't think of any cool things to do as a team with ROB...
Not necessarily useful... flashy'd be fun too x]

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
all ppl need to do is watch my team vids from super dso. I call it "the official guide to using rob in teams collection"

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I personally think rob in teams is pretty much fail. Whenever I had a rob on my team i generally had to carry the hell outta him. No offence but you rob players need to step your game up! sheesh

Tin Man

Smash Hero
When I do team with ROB, I team with a character who can carry, and I play the role of the stock tank. Stock tanks should be able to play it safe, support the partner, and live until ridiculously high percents due to avoiding conflict.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I am going to a tourney this weekend. However in teams I have to go Kirby. (I am teaming with a Peach main. ROB & Peach aren't very good together :() But I will be going R.O.B in singles.
But for future reference is there anyway to make ROB & Peach work well?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wario is really good, but I think GaW has a tad more potential for the sake of bucket shenanigans.

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
i play teams every now and again with an Olmar, and it's pretty good. and Olimar doesn't do bad with the gyro either. and also his upthrow, in the middle of it, we can usmash and he doesn't drop the opponent. very useful actually. and plus purple pikmin are too good for killin.

Sudai

Stuff here
ROB's awesome in teams if you know how to use your laser. Stage wide, AMIABLE, low-damage, low-knock back, semi-fast interrupt with little lag that goes through everyone? YESPLOX!

Semi-heavy, awesome recovery and awesome campability and can assist in a 2v1 situation easily(just with well aimed projectiles. Aside from those and FTilt, he's not too hot at pulling a team mate out of 2v1, but a charged laser is awesome for that anyway)? YESPLOX!

Awesome edgeguarding/team edge guarding. You'd be amazed how many character's edge guarding becomes amazing with our gyro in hand or us contributing a well placed laser. Some characters that become wtfpwn edge guarders with both. YESPLOX! (I know that one didn't really fit the formatting mold I've been using.. <.<)

So, let's sum this up. ROB is a stock tanking situation modifier. It just takes a strong sense of stage control in the sense of EVERY character. ROB is a character that should be just as focused on supporting his team mate (and not just helping them get out of ****) as he is on fighting his 'own opponent'.

Bees!

Smash Ace
^^^that

Also I did ROB teams the other day with another ROB main at a Smashfest.(for the first time)

It was the most magical thing that has ever happened to me.
I want to do it again and again.

Its like secks.
I hope to team with him or another ROB main in the future.

Sudai

Stuff here
Bees, I <3 double ROB teams and I'm sure I'll be popping in at some smashfest when I'm up there. Double ROB teams is one of the few times I'll play vBrawl. :p

Bees!

Smash Ace
That would be soooo awesome! <3 Also we hold a Smashfest every Friday at a Mcdonalds.(not many come because its in the Springs) But once you get here that would be amazing.

Bees!

Smash Ace
We have been doing it for almost a year now. It s fun! Also we sometimes have Melee(although none of us really put time into it) and B-. Smash+burgers=win in my book.

Bees!

Smash Ace
lol
Sounds good. I play melee when its there I just don't practice it as that I have lost my melee disc and memory card. I am not very good at melee. But I do alright at Brawl and B-.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Today, I realized that double ROB sucks if I'm the only one who actually plays ROB. My partner was a Zelda main, he made it so hard for me not to hit him on BF. -_-

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
R.O.B. owns in teams! But is R.O.B. better in teams than singles? Because I've mused on it for a long time... I think teams but want to hear your opinions.

Sudai

Stuff here
It really depends on the MU, both in teams and singles. It's really even as far as I can tell. Just a matter of if you're more of a teams person or a singles person.

He still gets shut down in teams unless you have a team mate supporting you. I've noticed teams with ROB require both you and your team mate to play more support than most people like to, but in the end it's worth it since good teams will be doing that anyway. lol

Bees!

Smash Ace
Well me and Steam(A Lucario Main) just got first in a dubz tourney. Its amazing when The Anubis works. When he died before me he turned into a 2v1 ****** Furball that rips into opponents and kills around 60% XD
I stock-tanked, planked and saved him from troubles when he would get overwhelmed or grabbed. and he killed everything.

Steam

Smash Hero
<3 Bees.

Though we didn't fully commit to an anubis. Only one match it turned out with me at 1 stock and you at 3. But yeah if you can set it up you can ****. RoB and lucario is a very good team since RoB can tank well and a Lucario teammate MUST be able to tank. Plus RoB's lasers are cool in helping lucario out.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Ya we just need to get the port priority for you... That is what did it second time vs Dave's team

PhattySnaxx

Smash Rookie
ROB does best with:

-MK
-GnW
-DK (only if you can aim around him)
-DDD (only if you can aim around him)
-ZSS
-Kirby

from my experience.
Agreed. Teamed up with a good friend of mine who mains ZSS. The combination worked shockingly well despite us having very little practice with the two. We're working on the duo right now: ZSS's complete aerial dominance and ability to space- combined with R.O.B.'s campiness and ledge games- could be absolutely brutal with a little more work.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lmfao

Just tell him to go Zelda. ROB+Zelda = rockin. Ask JCZ, Bandit, or Mocha about it. :D
For anyone who knows who he is, I teamed with GOTM at a Brawl tourney once. He's a Melee only player who hates Brawl and only entered in it cause it was a scrub tourney and because I said we'd win teams and I would split singles with him if we were both top 3 and he mains Zelda in Brawl. We actually kinda ***** lol. The teams weren't good, but they weren't that bad and we did awesome lol

i absolutely love the last kill and the combo we did

we worked great as a team cause we used to be static melee teammates, and our opponents had some of the worst DI imaginable lol

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-IrTGIsXtFc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-IrTGIsXtFc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Yesterday, I played a team match. My team mate died, and I had my last stock at 140 %. The other team was Luigi (90 %) and Mr. Game & Watch (140 %) (they had also one stock left). We played on Yoshi's Island.

When I air camped in the upper left corner and shot lasers and gyros, the Luigi got so mad that he did the Luigi Spin (down special) and tried to knock me off. I air dodged and did a nair. He died. "Yes!" I thought. But it was not over yet. My twin brother was as nervous as me. When my fuel needed to recharge, the G&W "guarded" the edge by pressing the B-button so food came all over the place. I had a huge pressure on me. But guess what happened? I Naired above him, and thanks to the foods, it delayed and I hit him. And he died. I got so relieved I went to the TV and hugged R.O.B.. xD

Now this isn't the whole story, it happened more in the match after I killed Luigi, but it's too much to write. For example the G&W hit me with a sour spot F-smash, but I canceled the momentrum and DI'd. I grazed the blast line! I faired him, but he survived due to the bucket brake, and so on.

And I must say, R.O.B. is too good at 1 vs 2 situations. I wished I could save that match or something, and this was pretty familiar with Chibo's match on YI. Just saying. =P

Thanks for your reading, and any thought about this? xP

Zwarm

Smash Hero
ROB 2v1 is amazing. I feel better playing in 2v1 situations that I do 2v2 sometimes. XD

Who was your teammate playing?

Top Bottom