• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Dude it's like cards, you get a bad pair of cards you get a bad start. That's how I think of it.

But it's still okay, as long as you know how difficult the MU is or what the tactic that dude uses you learn something.

Also M2K is good in melee so he gets a head start in brawl.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Melee is so good. So good that we don't need to talk about it here.

What I like about Melee is that it's faster than Brawl. I don't wanna argue which is better, they're both good games.

Btw: 1000th post and I'm a Smash Lord

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
This is exactly what I am trying to avoid.

What would you guys say are Snake's best option when edgeguarding a fellow Snake?

I think a b-air would do if the Snake was on cypher

Zajice, you like melee just because of Pichu right o_O?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
[TROLL]I like Melee cause it's more competitive than Brawl and actually requires skill and wavedashing and l-canceling and hitstun and combos.

obv[/TROLL]

I like Melee because it's fun. Pichu is a pretty **** big bonus though.

It's isai, he likes 64 anyway. I like brawl cause it requires moar camping.

You have the roy.pac?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have like 4 different Roys.

Somewhere.

Buried in aaaaaaaaaaaaaall my Brawl hacking related folders. It's really unorganized. :|

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's actually really easy to f-air spike Snake out of his cypher, imo. It's also really easy to stick him with C4 while he's on his cypher.

Fun little things.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright, I have a 9 hour ride back to Utah tomorrow. So I think I will be doing the majority of my writing tomorrow. That edgeguarding guide will be done! I will be posting a rough version in here then I will post the fixed up version in the original thread.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
maybe for a gimp or something, but Snake has many great edgeguarding options, many of which don't put him in a position he doesn't want to be in (like offstage >.>)

Mortars, nades, tilts, mines, and C4 are generally safer and therefore better options for Snake when edgeguarding most of the cast and they all allow you to continue to set up traps onstage unlike bairing their recovery (and possibly dying while trying)

ErikG

Smash Ace
maybe for a gimp or something, but Snake has many great edgeguarding options, many of which don't put him in a position he doesn't want to be in (like offstage >.>)

Mortars, nades, tilts, mines, and C4 are generally safer and therefore better options for Snake when edgeguarding most of the cast and they all allow you to continue to set up traps onstage unlike bairing their recovery (and possibly dying while trying)
That's why I said I like it in friendlies. I tend to charge mortar, uncharge mortar, edgehog if it's a serious match.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
My post was directed at Berk. Bair is too fun in friendlies, but I rarely ever use it in tournament for edgeguarding

ErikG

Smash Ace
Yeah, I went to bed at 8 this morning and woke up at 1. Tomorrow I have school at 7 in the morning. This should be fun.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace

how can i use these to edgeguard?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Put the C4 near the edge, making the ledge unsafe to land on. Mortar can be used on the ledge to hit those trying to recover low. Mines are similar to C4. Cook then throw nades off the edge to limit their recovery options. IF they recover, you want them to be in a position where you can easily either kill them, or knock them off the stage, and repeat the edgeguarding process again. Of course, it would be much more preferred if you just got the kill.

Didn't I see you in the PC as well?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Back in Utah guys. I wasn't able to write as much as I wish I were able to. But, I am getting it done still.

Go to the very ledge. Charge Fsmash. Wait for the victim to get in range. BOOM!. Very fun against a few characters at the right times. I am back from a 4 day trip to chicago :-:

Top Bottom