• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
no mk ban talk in here?
do you guys think something will change for snake?
i guess we will be facing more ddd :S
but less mk ^.^ yay

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
The part of the MW that i'm in isn't that populated with MKs so I don't think i'll get to see much of what the mk ban will do outside of livestreams lol.

EDIT:But I am curious to see what happens so MI since I heard they are MK country. :troll:

Same. There are only a few MK users near me. It's one less character to worry about is how I see it. But I see no reason why my area would ban MK.

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
idc about ddd. ic's as 2nd ftw :)
i also use them for falco,fox,kirby,olimar,pit,shiek/zelda sometimes marth/pika
ic's are soo good in all the MUs i hate with snake <3
and its not a lot of work to practice chaingrabs for a few chars

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
ive had ics as a second for ages, work really well.

dont help with marth though. marth is gay.

also doesnt help with crazy counterpicks.

i actually might pick up marth for a bit. ive been mucking around with lucas recently, and really enjoy a game based around spacing. and marth is the king of spacing.

or maybe d3 to deal with marth. although d3 is hella boring.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I don't find d3 boring. Depends on how you play him i guess...idk.

Personally, diddy is my problem w/snake. I'll have it down soon though.

Attila_

BRoomer
diddy is hard when he doesnt sd lol.

cant emphasize how important it is to be safe. when diddy is playing fast, you play slow. when he's slow, go fast. be safe.

i need to learn how to do this again O_o

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Diddy is fun to fight with my wario/pit...but i just don't like it that much w/snake atm. Mainly cuz i'm still learning punishes, common situations, available responses and the like so i feel so restricted.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I mainly wanna play wifi so one of you guys could tell me with which character i'm better because atm i'm playing with alot of characters, being good/decently good with them, knowing i'm still a newbie

Snake
Wario
G&W
DDD
Diddy
Falco

Darn. Yet i love them all because

Snake - Played the MGS series five or 6 times
Wario - Love wario land
G&W - Love Game and watch's down tech chase
DDD - I love penguins.
Diddy - Being able to do combos with bananas are cool.
Falco - Looks cool and love his projectiles.

HGNNN.
Trust me, if you wanna get good, wi-fi is not the way to go. You're better off playing people locally. If you can't find anyone locally, then travel to tournies and play friendlies. Whatever you do, never use wi-fi as a means to measure skill, because Brawl wi-fi sucks. If wi-fi really is your only option, with no other options available... then... I really don't know what to tell you, other than that I hope you play people near your area to minimize lag as much as humanly possible. X_____x

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I've heard of a few players suggesting wifi(The ladder mainly I think) as a good way to get better, because you can play top level players you normally wouldn't get the chance to. That's just what I heard though I still prefer in person games as well though. =p

Wifi is an excellent source of learning how to play the game. But there are limitations for it though.

The proper way to use wifi is to make sure you can play it at a very near offline pace. With Brawls buffering system, you can accommodate some miniscule lag. So basically if you have a fast connection and so does your opponent, you can learn something from it. The other piece is to play someone who is better than you.

Wifi can give you a good idea of what to expect from character match-ups. This is easily the best reason to play wifi is to get training in scenarios you wouldn't offline because no one plays those characters near you.

The greatest limitation of wifi is that because of the slight delay and need for buffering, people cannot adapt to fast situations nearly as quickly. Certain approaches like jab cancels are extremely good on wifi because a person gets extra delay added to their response time. A good example is Snake's jab -> ftilt. Offline, snake gets practically a -1 to -3 frame advantage against the entire cast. On wifi, it might was well be guaranteed combo. Other wise, people offline can SDI jabs, roll out of the way, or shield.

The same can be said for areas involving techs, smash DI, regular DI, and power shielding. Offline, it is rather easy to power shield projectiles, but online you have to factor in that delay to get it to work.

A great number of things still can transition from wifi to actual play. Knowing how to space with your character and learning how to play and adapt to an opponent carries over rather well unless you are determined to play wifi in a non-ideal way.

But I agree that Wifi is only a training tool at first. After you get access to other players of similar or greater skill you should drop wifi because you need to start getting used to an environment where the stuff that seems difficult to do is actually done all the time.
==============================================

Also, I do not get how m2k or other players can commit to both brawl and melee and smash64 equally. Going back and forth between all of the games gets confusing as hell at times. Trying to hug the ledge in melee or attempting wavedashing in brawl or my favorite, grabbing with the wrong button because you use different controls in brawl that is not default.

-Ran

Smash Master
D3 isn't as hard/bad as you remember. Most Snake's just remember the early time when D3 was everywhere, when you'd make constant mistakes against shield and so forth.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Well more than likely i'll be switching to pit/wario after apex. Since RC/brinstar weren't banned this is a more logical choice. And i already have a really good wario.

Attila_

BRoomer
I already second ics, so that works.

I will have a pocket marth for Brinstar, allowing me tO ban frigate and party everywhere else.

:phone:

lol ignoring zajice, back to super serious smash bros discussion :D
You must use the ICs rather infrequent.

I was still surprised to hear that Ken played fox in MLG a few times. I thought everyone was a solid solo main back then.

Top Bottom