• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Okay, how long has everyone here been playing smash and defined it as competitive?
When I look back on it, I've been attempting it for about 4 years now. That's been a long time and I still suck at this game :p

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I semi-joined the melee scene in 2007 but never got super competitive in that (there's not much of a melee scene here.). Then started playing brawl competitively from 08-09, took a two year break where I didn't touch smash once, and have been back since december.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
failed really badly yesterday, my worst tourney result in almost 3 years.

not too sure what was going on. i was playing terribly.

assumign it was the result of a complete work/life imbalance over the last 3 months.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Does anyone have any tips for ignoring/getting over people making loud noises while you play? o-o I can't listen to music, because hearing the in game sounds helps me keep my rhythm. :I

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
You can yell at them and tell em to shut up!!!! I've had times where I couldn't focus because of people yammering before :smirk: Best thing to do imo is just focus on the task at hand and play your game. There is also the option to connect headkrones to the television but you'll need something to let the other person hear the tv or give them the option to wear headkrones too. Unless they don't care :)

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'll also likely come to Apex. I'm getting my new passport on thursday then I'll book.

:059:

Snakie's, you are all falling behind in the activity department. (self included .-.). Oh, well. I have a feeling its going to be like this quiet a lot in future for me. Stay exclaimed and your name repeated in increasing intensity three times in a row.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
Smashwise I've been very active, I just don't see anything to post about
Just too busy trying to move up in my state.

Edit: My locals hate doubles and I hate hating on doubles.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm still active and play this character, I just don't post on the Snake board anymore because you all suck.

:059:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yo snake mains, anyone have any idea who the snake main I played online today was? He went by the tag 'died'.

Just curious, kinda wanted to say GGs and thanks for teams and that kind of stuff. :-)

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be useful to have a chart of when we die to certain attacks when fresh

I think it's worth it to take a hit that looks like it might kill just to stale that move in some situations when a character only has a few kill moves. Like in the falco matchup

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Charts like that are hard because so much of it depends on your DI and then where the blast zones/ceiling are for the stage/your position on the stage.

:phone:

Top Bottom