• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yeah, MK, Wario, and ROB are just a few of the ones I play against that can capitalize on little mistakes in recovery or those unidealistic situations Kuro mentioned. Once you learn what to do in the matchups though, you can avoid getting gimped in almost every situation.

:phone:

I think Snake can get harassed no matter what he does agaisnt certain characters.

Some characters either lack the ability to cover all his options or can only cover a few. If you get the right one, you get on by.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Snake: Easily beat up if he makes one mistake
G~P (in real life): Easily beat up if he makes one mistake

:bee:

Sad to hear that Snake was not for you. I would think the explosive play would have been a strong enough lure to keep you in.
I can still use him, But he doesnt really cover any MU's for Ike in an effective manner. Snake just had no use for me during my tournament in france. I'll probably keep him about for funsies like i have with rob but yknow
Plus it's not so much the easily beat up with one mistake, it's that I'm simply terrible at wavebouncing and teching, its something you develop over time of course, but its been 3 years now trying to get it down. that disability kicking in again :(

Anyways, currently sitting in mcdonalds at 9am...hobo's everywhere

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I can still use him, But he doesnt really cover any MU's for Ike in an effective manner. Snake just had no use for me during my tournament in france. I'll probably keep him about for funsies like i have with rob but yknow
Plus it's not so much the easily beat up with one mistake, it's that I'm simply terrible at wavebouncing and teching, its something you develop over time of course, but its been 3 years now trying to get it down. that disability kicking in again :(

Anyways, currently sitting in mcdonalds at 9am...hobo's everywhere
Falco/ICs help ike a bunch :p

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah I've looked into falco and tried him a bit, But im having a really hard time getting used to not living to 200 every stock XD

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
G~P, what part of France are you in? I lived in France for two years.

Nevermind, I misread your post. I forgot you're from england aren't you?

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
what shmot just said is what I was getting at with the whole being gimped thing. If you are in control of your position and you are going to get punished no matter what, just space yourself so that you get hit by the option that doesn't screw you over and DI up instead.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
G~P, what part of France are you in? I lived in France for two years.

Nevermind, I misread your post. I forgot you're from england aren't you?
haha yeah I live in england

Also guys you ought to watch this space, Im working on co-hosting a ****-huge tournament in london complete with in-venue accommodation :B

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I finally worked my way up to third, but it's kind of impossible for me to get higher with how our PR is set up. They take your top four results over the past 10 tourneys and average them out using some sort of point system. And X and his bro have taken 1st/2nd at practically every tourney over the past year. So basically I would have to consistently out place them the next seven tournaments, before it would start dropping their PR point value. And with an average of about one tourney a month that would take a long time. Stupid point system is stupid.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It's dumb cause we organized a panel, then the guy who organized it got frustrated and stopped playing smash pretty much, then out of nowhere he came back and said "it's been too long since the pr has been updated, so I got rid of the panel and came up with this point system."

So it was made, then disbanded by the guy who was the reason it never met lol.

Make a petition and stuff. Otherwise, PR is stupid and makes people underestimate you when you go and beat up X and bro in the coming tournaments ;P

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Australia's big national in three weeks. $5000 in prize money between melee and brawl. I'm rallying for a livestream but no one wants one...

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm fairly certain the only persons matches that people would watch would be yours and Ted's (if he's going).

That said, it's really not that difficult to get a livestream running, I dunno why they won't do it.

/random post

Attila_

BRoomer
Sets between myself and Tibs are normally the most watched sets. We know each other and the match up so well that it leads to very close and high quality matches.

Attila_

BRoomer
The mu is frustrating to play, but good to watch, I hear.

But yes. Wario does run for 8 minutes. Apparently that can be entertaining too. Apparently.

Attila_

BRoomer
now confirmed, no livestream.

apparently they're concerned that no one will watch it.

unless maybe some people outside of australia ask for it...?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
feel free. tibor should be getting the diddy boards to do the same too. maybe this might get somewhere.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325136
Everyone go spam the thread for a live stream.

High school is sucking all my smash time away, aaahh
Just wait till you're in college, it'll get better. I'm taking anatomy, chemistry, two physics classes, and nutrition. I'm in class or doing hw from 9 am till 11 or 12 pm every weekday except Friday.

Top Bottom