• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

I'm not accustomed to playing on uneven stages and playing on platforms or rather small spaces in general. I prefer a run out of their range sort of play-style, so that is why I dislike Brinstar. Also, I'm easily baited into making hasty moves when backed into a corner. Another thing I dislike about Brinstar.

I still fail to see why Rainbow Cruise should be a "bad" stage for him over any other stage.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Brinstar used to be my favorite stage against almost any character, as long as they weren't going to try and air camp you. I would CP practically everyone there. I haven't actually played on that stage since I've gotten back into it... I'll give it a try next time I smash.

As for RC being bad, it's honestly only bad for people with a rigid, predictable playstyle that don't know how to be versatile with snake. It may not be his best stage because it makes it a little harder to camp, but it's not that bad IMO.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Obviously there are characters that are going to have the advantage over snake on certain stages, but that doesn't make that stage "bad" for snake.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
what Im saying is that brinstar is a good stage to cp pika. chain grab i think not. plus u have more options to recover safely and not get gayed by thunder becuz of crappy airel excel. plus u gotta love those glitch hiding spots( go head pause the game, u literally cant find c4 or mines in certain areas) and low ceilings ftw.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
I wish I thought of it first. Fogo taught me that and taught that to Razer back then. And I saw megafox do it to kprime. Then I tried on leaf at HOBO 34 and it worked.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
out of interest, how do you plan on hitting pikachu on brinstar? he'll camp back and force you in the air, but realistically, you shouldn't be able to hit him with nades. the side and top platforms give him more than enough options. but the canisters in the middle completely limit where you can run to.

gonna put it out there i think its worth banning brinstar against 90% of the cast. if they play patiently, you shouldnt be able to hit them.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
out of interest, how do you plan on hitting pikachu on brinstar? he'll camp back and force you in the air, but realistically, you shouldn't be able to hit him with nades. the side and top platforms give him more than enough options. but the canisters in the middle completely limit where you can run to.

gonna put it out there i think its worth banning brinstar against 90% of the cast. if they play patiently, you shouldnt be able to hit them.
Use aerials. Try and grab him when you can. Control the platforms with c4/motion sensor if you can. I haven't tried the MU at brinstar much, but I can see how it would help. If it wasn't for the dumb chaingrab, then Brinstar wouldn't be a good option, but since a majority of Pika players I've played spend a large portion of the match looking for a chaingrab, I could see Brinstar helping out.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Pretty much as diska said controll the platforms and use your grab game efficiently . Your nade game will not help you as much here nor keeping utilt fresh most likely when he approaches from above you will most likely have to waste it .To put in 08' terms: he dies early and lava will not do much to you, plus pika will have great stage control any where you take him (like diska said they're hungry for that CG) , any way most of his kills come from spectacular ledge trapping gimmicks (ie nairs,foot stooling, f-smash, over 150% f-tilt, usmash and one the gayest pika gimmicks of all time thunder.) Brinstar can help you by pass those . However this is a last resort stage if he bans the cp you want to take him.

Attila_

BRoomer
gonna put it out there that our aerial game is pretty bad.

used for mixups only.

and our jumps is the worst in the game.

stick to ps1 or lylat imo.

Jrugs

Smash Ace

My favorite stages against Snake are Frigate and Delfino. I ban Brinstar. Dunno if I'd ban that or Japes if Japes was legal here, but PA has a pretty conservative stage list, so thankfully I don't have to worry about it.
I understand what your saying but the idea of brinstar isn't too farfetched.

No idea.

Should be an alright team at the very least, but neither can do anything to help the other offstage really. Anyway, running speed + Usmash + doubles lol kills be easy

@Ralph: Yea, I'm midwest.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
D= I'm sorry I always thought you were a MK, or Pikachu.

I know 2** more now lol.

EDIT:I also have a dubs related question.
How does R.O.B./Snake team play?

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
D= I'm sorry I always thought you were a MK, or Pikachu.

I know 2** more now lol.

EDIT:I also have a dubs related question.
How does R.O.B./Snake team play?
diddy and mk where my mains. Sadly diddy doesnt interest me anymore. Idk ehy D:

I have always enjoyed playing snake in friendlies and wondered who i was going to switch to after the ban since i was loosing interest in diddy. Sparta Kick kind of jokingly told me i should main snake and here i am now. Now that i have sat down and focused on playing snake i have improved a bunch and hope to do well at my first tourny with him tomorrow.

:D

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
some ideas that would seem to work well with snake+fox

Snake tosses nades crouches

Fox camps with lasers

Can snipe the nades pre-emp;tively

Fox abuses crossovers while snake pressures with tilts.(sounds great in my mind)

It should be very easy for snake to pressure opponents on the ground and fox act like a wario/wolf with his bair/dair/ff grab etc.

Edit: Of course you have the benefit of it being doubles which means it's much easier for surprise kills. And fox's speed plus c4/nades/mines could put a bunch of presssure on the opponents.

I'm always surprised by these how does XXX/YYY character work in doubles?

Do character combinations really change up how you end up playing team basics?
1) Interrupt opponent when teammate is being harassed.
2) Tag team one opponent while the other is set off stage or not much of a threat.
3) Minor team specifics. C4 sticky -> uthrow (kirby,MK).

There is not really a whole lot I can see people doing to overcome a weakness in anything. You can't make ganon's recovery offstage any better or make MKs any worse.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
That's awesome. =D Is it an MK ban tourney? O-o I know that there's the whole joke about MI being full of MKs.
Yeah it's mk banned. Since mk is banned in unity people are starting to go more :popo: now D:

Any general tops against ic's match up since i have no idea what so ever to even contemplate how to go into this mu. Lol

Attila_

BRoomer
@xeylode: your big problem is obviously sding from the ledge. Other than that, recovering high is almost always better, and you probably jump around too much. Snake is mostly a grounded character.

@false: I teamed with a fox who quit brawl three years ago at the last tourney I was at. Despite inexperience and no practice, we actually did really well. I played the camping role, while he tried to bait things into dair. If the dairs were high, I found I could often get in on the action, and pulled off fix dair to snake fsmash on a number of occasions. Other than that, I helped him recover with nades and tanking stocks, while he usmashed anything that grabbed or juggled me.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
Xeylode, team tactics are important. While the basics are essential and the most important, there's a lot of character specific stuff you can do, most obvious with GaW's bucket, Ness/Lucas absorb, etc. Sadly in the end those will always be inferior to double MK teams of similar skill.

Mocha and I are static team partners and have lately been working on our own Snake/Zelda team combo. Those two are REALLY good at camping with ranged shield pressure lol. We have a lot of tricks and stuff we've been experimenting on so we can take full advantage of what our character combination can offer.

Attila_

BRoomer
That marth wargasm was probably the sexiest combo I've seen. Amazing.

Didn't realize you played other characters as well. So good.

Top Bottom