• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I actually didn't see her post at first I said hi because she complained about no one saying hi on AIM <_<;;

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
lol, laziness isn't even really the problem, I'm just secretive about what little I do that makes me halfway decent, too many people better than me as it is <_<

HI YINK
Hi yo. How're you this fine night?

Does yink ever reply back? I just see yink, then he leaves :/

What do you guys think of this idea. I got some melee players who dislike brawl for the slowness of the game. I was thinking of speeding it up by changing the standard rules from 8 min 3 stock to 3 min, 1 stock. Then simply make it best of 3 matches or something like that.
Hey man...I'm a girl! Haha. And I do check by here from time to time, see how everyone's doing and the like.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Yume, want to comment on the [important] thread?

Also combine this with my last thread (pickup item from dash, without stopping completely/attacking) I think we've gained a few tools on Diddy... even if one's totally impractical. XD

Rule of smashboards, "Everyone is a he until stated otherwise." lol

But, still, I rarly see you post anything more than hi, or something similar. This is probably the most discussion Ihave seen out of you on this thread.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Rule of smashboards, "Everyone is a he until stated otherwise." lol

But, still, I rarly see you post anything more than hi, or something similar. This is probably the most discussion Ihave seen out of you on this thread.
I've said more than this before, really. I just have tried to chat before and the discussion seemed pretty hefty so I backed off. Didn't want to get in the middle of it.

In all honestly though, I like this board and really should get around to stopping by it more often. But yeah, I'm a girl...which is okay if you don't know that because "Yink" doesn't sound feminine at all.

Just kinda sounds like Young Link ;-;.

EDIT: Hiya SuSa, fancy meeting you on the Snake board, haha.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Can't complain. I have a big Calc 3 exam tomorrow so I think I'll be scooting off to bed soon etecoon.

Your avatar makes me really want to watch DBZ again though.

Hey Yink.

Xeylode, although you cannot load the vids - should I share the 0-lag with other boards or be a douche?

I'm leaning towards the be a douche..
Let other figure it out on their own I say :laugh:
I've said more than this before, really. I just have tried to chat before and the discussion seemed pretty hefty so I backed off. Didn't want to get in the middle of it.

In all honestly though, I like this board and really should get around to stopping by it more often. But yeah, I'm a girl...which is okay if you don't know that because "Yink" doesn't sound feminine at all.

Just kinda sounds like Young Link ;-;.
Nothing wrong with being a girl. It is simply easier to address everyone as he at first meeting and the like because of the overwhelming majority people being male. Why are still discussing this male/female thing. It is a minor trivality in the end. I know now, and that is all that matters. I'll shut up now on the topic.

My day has been rather long for various reasons.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Pregame, house, bar, awesome. Feelin good. Dieing down. Hot bitties unfortunately didn't come :( Well, I;ll get to kmonw them another time. A new class, a new year, a new game. And what son?!

Sorry calvin, but we did hit up a bar, so I didn't call you. When you pf age though, we gonna hit **** uyp son! And zelda for the win! WE too good. Get at us!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
call me crazy but i like using captain falcon in a few MUs. I love playing falcon against DK, pit, sonic and occasionally ZSS. I've also stepped up my ike game in the past month or two. Fun Fact - I am the #1 Falcon secondary on Smashboards. For some reason they have me as a falcon main but its wrong.
I have the best High Falcon in Brawl.
/science

and daaaaaamn, I missed a lot of things just for not being on the boards for one day.

SuSa

Yea, that happens a lot when I'm around. I find a ton of impractical ****, try to find a practical application, then when I'm unable to I force others to see if they can.

Then Xeylode usually comes up with some random, applicable, and situational means as to make something useful. And for that I love him.

Then we start working on it more and more and more, it becomes super awesome sauce. Then someone figures out how to work around/counter it and we go back to being plain old boring Snake back at square 1 with me trying to find more random **** from other characters to apply it to Snake if possible.

etecoon

Smash Hero
in general I think most snake's need to utilize their existing techs more, like really we all need to learn from diddy because there's simple *** things you can do with items that almost no snake's use

SuSa

I was utlizing our techs more often, but then I quit the smash scene. =P

I was trying to get the platform-drop stuff down pat to use in matches. As well as GPD (Grenade platform drop from now on), to another GPD on Battlefield.

EDIT:
PS: I'll probably be going to MLG Dallas.

etecoon

Smash Hero
wish I could go to MLG! too poor, need to pay six months of car insurance later this month. I shouldn't even be going to locals probably but I have a reasonable chance of making my money back at MM at least(only 2 players ranked above me will still be here, everyone else at MLG lol)

Well, you keep mentioning SoCal, and I know Torrence is in SoCal. That is where I was born, however, I have not been there in 16 years so something like that. So, I have no idea what the place looks like and perhaps by some weird chance you knew something about Torrence.

I have no money, and no transportation. Plus, no locals exist here. fml

I was thinking about War using Usmash and then trying to sticky people when they try to airdodge the mortar. Could this be abused more, but with other antics.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
whenever I do if for whatever reason I decide to practice I just go to random stages and play with nades....try and think of new tricks or something with different cooking times, placements, and ways to draw/get rid of the nades themselves

all that jazz

then just throw some other little snake tricks in to stay fresh like my c4 techs...etc
This is basically what I do with Snake in my spare time.

Also I need to know who has a really good camping game with Nades. I need to add some more dimension to my nade game. Can anyone tell me or link some videos?

SuSa

I just woke up in the ****tiest way possible, from the most realistic dream I've had in a while...

Out of context dream because I don't feel like explaining the situation or what just happened:

(Mostly because I don't know the back story......just know I'm defending 6 people from this crazy hitman or something)

I missed a shot from like 6 feet away (just reloaded and practically blind fired because he was about to shoot me) and in 3 seconds my heart raced and I knew I was about to die.

The guy aims at me, shoots - and the bullet goes through my head. I black out for a second and think to myself "Well... now I get to know what death is like..." and I woke up in my room.

That's the first time I've ever... died in a dream in a sense... I usually wake up the instant before I die. (EG: Falling out of the sky, RIGHT before I hit pavement I wake up. I get shot at, but it's never the head/heart or if it is I just feel a sharp pain and wake up)

So I've come to a greater realization.... what if there really is an "afterlife" and you don't wake up until you die in this world?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've died in many dreams, actually I recall at one point as a child I was plagued by dreams where I got killed...doesn't happen as much more recently...

this was also a fun one, copy and paste from my dream journal

--january 15 2010

I was playing majora's mask and went to pause but the button didn't work right or something, I was doing something else or sleeping but it wasn't paused, first cycle before you get the ocarina to go back in time. I come back to it and the final countdown is happening so now it's impossible to get the ocarina to stop the end. then it ceases to be a game and is more like reality, I see the linear path of time that people walk a lot like the movie donnie darko except peoples immediate future selves are expressed as shadows instead of a wormhole, at the moment the world ends the shadows move backwards into the present as if sucked into a tornado, the world ends in a bright flash at the moment that past and present collide

SuSa

I've known I've died in a dream, as if I wouldn't from a 23 minute fall onto the ground with no parachute... but I didn't impact. I've also never stayed asleep in a dream like I did just now. I was actually dead for a good 15 seconds before my brain realized "Dude. I should like wake up. Dreams over." Then I woke up with my heart rate at a dangerously high level.

Haha. Your pause button like...****ed you over.

etecoon

Smash Hero

etecoon

Smash Hero
I actually started opening random game music in audacity and reversing it because of this

I have no recollection of dreams, even after waking up shortly after sleeping. However, I am told by my roommate that I talk in my sleep in a sort of drunken stuper. I really wish I could get that recorded someday.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm actually like that normally, for the longest time I only remember dreams that I'm violently awoken from(nightmares), keep a dream journal it seriously improves your dream recall MASSIVELY, I've been slacking on it lately though what I posted above is actually the most recent entry lol, if you make an effort to you can remember though

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
They say you dream around 4-7 (pullin numbers out my *** but it's around there from what I read) a night. You typically remember a dream if you just wake up after the dream, aka aftre the REM cycle. My dream are pretty much uneventful. They usually involve my friends and some random event.

The only nightmare I had where I KNEW I was in a nightmare was a while ago. I was being chased by some invisible stalker in my neighborhood. So to wake myself, I gouged my own eye out in the nightmare. didn't work haha.

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's really that you're not remembering it and you have to make a very conscious effort to do so by doing things like recording your dreams when you do remember them. I've returned to the point where I don't really remember anything but when I was less lazy and kept a dream journal sometimes I'd remember 3-4 dreams a day

the you shouldn't have done that... part was definitely over the top and more funny than scary, and I wouldn't say it ever scared me it just creeped me out first couple of vids especially

but as I said majora's mask is already a strange game to me, see my dream for proof ._.

etecoon

Smash Hero
lol reminds me that sometimes I fall asleep with training mode on and if you leave wario in there forever without farting it makes the game glitchy

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I just woke up in the ****tiest way possible, from the most realistic dream I've had in a while...

Out of context dream because I don't feel like explaining the situation or what just happened:

(Mostly because I don't know the back story......just know I'm defending 6 people from this crazy hitman or something)

I missed a shot from like 6 feet away (just reloaded and practically blind fired because he was about to shoot me) and in 3 seconds my heart raced and I knew I was about to die.

The guy aims at me, shoots - and the bullet goes through my head. I black out for a second and think to myself "Well... now I get to know what death is like..." and I woke up in my room.

That's the first time I've ever... died in a dream in a sense... I usually wake up the instant before I die. (EG: Falling out of the sky, RIGHT before I hit pavement I wake up. I get shot at, but it's never the head/heart or if it is I just feel a sharp pain and wake up)

So I've come to a greater realization.... what if there really is an "afterlife" and you don't wake up until you die in this world?
That reminded me of a dream where I died there too. So I guess I was in a war, but being a chicken I hid in a small laundry room instead. And then the door opens and I was like "OH ****" but Dawall came in, and I thought that was fine since he was on my side, or so I thought... But then this GUY FROM THE ENEMY SIDE WALKED IN AND POINTED A SHOTGUN TO MY FACE AND SHOT ME IN THE MOUTH, IT HURTED LIKE HELL EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A DREAM. So basically Dawall is a traitor, **** DDD mains.

The dream didn't end there actually, I came back as a ghost and start haunting him, and then forced him to take me skydiving =D.

Top Bottom