• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I need a definitive answer to my Oli problem and I'll be happy. That's the only MU plaguing me right now. And its L_Cancel so its like ******** lol He's so good lol

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Olimar > Snake =| that's what.

More srs:
Olimar outcamps you
Olimar's grab > ftilt

I need to relearn the matchup... =\ luckily I live near Rich (best Olimar main eva) so I'll be able to learn it inside and out. =P

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Camp with nades, space with F-Tilt?

Just try the directory thread.
Hm, i definitely don't use Ftilt as much as i should. I normally use FH-Nair to space when my poonent gets up close, i use Grenades to what i deem appropriately (a hell of a lot), i grab whenever the opportunity is granted, i actually use Dtilt to KO as a surprise finisher or in situations where Utilt is hard to get out (Falco laser spam), oh, and i enjoy teching with self-C4, wayyyy too much.I abuse it in recovery for some reason, mainly when i think i'm about to get gimped or something, and Air-Dodging could make me miss the ledge.

TL;DR: I'll check out the directory thread, thanks.

Camp with nades, space with F-Tilt?
This old saying needs to die and be replaced with something else. Ftilt sucks as spacing move because of how bad it is on shield. Camping with nades is nothing more than spacing to the extreme. All of snake's moveset is designed for punishment and he has relatively no approaches. Therefore,

"Space with Nades; punish with everything else."

etecoon

Smash Hero
I said a long time ago that the meme wasn't really correct, I don't think I've ever really considered ftilt a spacing move, really if anything I space primarily with THREATS rather than actual attacks. that being said it was never meant to be taken seriously

Etecoon, your name is pink. I mad.

Well, that meme represents the majority of snake back in the hay day of only Ftilt spamming and grenade dropping in shield. No longer is that the case and I think it needs to be updated.

call me crazy but i like using captain falcon in a few MUs. I love playing falcon against DK, pit, sonic and occasionally ZSS. I've also stepped up my ike game in the past month or two. Fun Fact - I am the #1 Falcon secondary on Smashboards. For some reason they have me as a falcon main but its wrong.

SuSa

Hmm.........I'm BAAAAWWWWING because I want to do research for you guys (yeah, I lied and was hotheaded) but my stupid Brawl won't work.

Also megla, that's called using Falcon against ****ty characters. Except for Pit and Zamus.

inb4DKisnot****ty

SuSa

Vids of that please.

Also, having gone DDD myself vs a DK. That matchup is stupidly harder than people make it out to be.... =| can't remember if it was M7H or Bigfoot... I'm pretty sure it was M7H, but I grabbed him like 4 times the whole match (it was FD) and the only reason I won was because of dtilt, and not letting him recover once I got him offstage EVER....

I just like to make fun of DK because he sucks and wears a tie.

napZzz

Smash Hero
lol it happened

someone called him out on it at a tourney I saw himat a week or two ago and listening to him talk about DDD vs. DK he almost made it sound like a legit mu lol....

and golden players do not mean a character is good, dk is still a pretty terrible character imo

etecoon

Smash Hero
DK is decent IMO, he's not really terrible nor is he really good. I think MK is really his only horrid MU if the infinite CG is banned but DDD is still pretty bad for him

what makes you think DK is bad. Some bad chaingrab stuff happens but Dk has the best ratio of kill power, speed and range in the game. A 9 wind punch kills snake at 70 to 80 percent ACROSS final destination. It kills lighter characters at like 30 to 50 %. Then one more wind up and he gets a SA punch. Someone pummels you and you wiggle out you get a free dsmash on them. There is other stuff but i can't remember it all and don't feel like putting the rest down. Check out the backroom discussion on DK.

It's sad how badly DK loses to DDD. DDD is certainly an easy to pick-up counter for DK. Even without the infinite it seems skill can be over come merely through characters.

I know wifi is never a good gauge of skill, but from the few high placing players on the AiB ladder who I played that used DK, I decided to use DDD as a counter for whenever I lost the first round with whoever I used (if you lose to DK as snake, you know you are worse than them). Everytime I did those matches, it was stupid. DDD vs DK is like probably one of the easiest match-ups to learn.

All one needs to know for that match-up is to use a couple waddle dee/doo at distance, and always space Ftilt and Bair. If you can do that, DK can never get in on DDD, and if he does, you get a free grab. But, I guess that is DDD in a nutshell. Overuse his two great moves and mix in the others when they appear viable.

etecoon

Smash Hero
YO GET IN MY GRAB RANGE OR IMA GROPE YOU, NOW ROLL BEHIND ME *****

also no ice cream, so I'm going with tomato soup : p

SuSa

=\ so many theoretical scenarios for grenade/stage control... but my Brawl won't load past the white screen... T_T

So instead I'm unlocking Mewtwo in Melee to play tomorrow... <_< since I don't have a memory card.

If someone sends me a copy of Brawl. I'll send you a T-shirt once I get the design printed.
^4realz

:laugh::laugh:
=\ so many theoretical scenarios for grenade/stage control... but my Brawl won't load past the white screen... T_T

So instead I'm unlocking Mewtwo in Melee to play tomorrow... <_< since I don't have a memory card.

If someone sends me a copy of Brawl. I'll send you a T-shirt once I get the design printed.
^4realz
SuSa, where u @?

This is such a creeper statement :laugh:

Actually, cannot every character do this? I thought that when your aerial is about to end close to the ground, you gain your 2nd jump back. That is why bowser can do that FH koopa claw thing into another one. I am pretty sure that once you try that correctly, you would see that Bair would not lag on the ground.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I wanted to implement that into my game but the timing is way too hard for me :/ could probably actually be pretty useful in some MU's XD

etecoon

Smash Hero
hyperbolic snake chamber too good

I think I'm going to compile all the stupid training mode stuff I do into a vid like bengals and steel did for marth XD

etecoon

Smash Hero
lol, laziness isn't even really the problem, I'm just secretive about what little I do that makes me halfway decent, too many people better than me as it is <_<

HI YINK

napZzz

Smash Hero
whenever I do if for whatever reason I decide to practice I just go to random stages and play with nades....try and think of new tricks or something with different cooking times, placements, and ways to draw/get rid of the nades themselves

all that jazz

then just throw some other little snake tricks in to stay fresh like my c4 techs...etc

Does yink ever reply back? I just see yink, then he leaves :/

What do you guys think of this idea. I got some melee players who dislike brawl for the slowness of the game. I was thinking of speeding it up by changing the standard rules from 8 min 3 stock to 3 min, 1 stock. Then simply make it best of 3 matches or something like that.

Top Bottom