• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tell me about it...

Well if Supercon is here, I'm definitely gonna try and go. Dook and Flux kinda became my rivals while I was at C3T, so when I can beat them easily, I'll know I'm set for Genesis. I can see how well I do against them at Supercon (if they go). So I gotta train until my fingers bleed before then.

And yes, hacked wii is best wii.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Don't support warez (which is what you are about to discuss). Don't support getting things in an illegal manner (eg: Hacked)

Talking about hacking (Brawl+) is ok. Talking about how to hack your wii (because it allows you to get certain things that IIRC are 'illegal' although not really enforced? IDK lol) and talking about getting games illegally.... bad..

Just a warning...

Underload

Lazy
Well if Supercon is here, I'm definitely gonna try and go. Dook and Flux kinda became my rivals while I was at C3T, so when I can beat them easily, I'll know I'm set for Genesis. I can see how well I do against them at Supercon (if they go). So I gotta train until my fingers bleed before then.
Yup. SuperCon in July, a few smashfests inbetween now and Genesis, and then I think an EFL event in September. Not sure if Cutthroat's doing anything in August. Probably not.

As for Flux, he's really good, but not omgwtficantbeatthis good. I go almost even with his Pikachu, who's great at chaingrabs and takes me to the 70s every time get gets a grab on me. I've never played his D3, I don't think, and I've only played his MK a few times. I'm happy I have Diddy as my #2, since he makes D3 and Pika a lot easier.

I never played Dook's Snake sadly, only his *cough* Mario. Suxx.

And I don't think I played you at C3T at all, what place did you get?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought he meant getting the wii hacked... So I don't know if that's not allowed. D:

And the only reason Flux became a rival is cause my second is Pikachu, and his is way better than mine. Dook for the same reason only with Snake.

We totally need to play next time we see each other then. I got 9th, I believe.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
FREAKIN' SUSA!

I just came here to attempt to get 1st on 100 just now. D:

Edit: But then I'd be double posting... D:

Underload

Lazy
I thought he meant getting the wii hacked... So I don't know if that's not allowed. D:

And the only reason Flux became a rival is cause my second is Pikachu, and his is way better than mine. Dook for the same reason only with Snake.

We totally need to play next time we see each other then. I got 9th, I believe.
Beat them both at dittos and we're all good.

And yeah, we definitely need to play each other. Are you going to Tim's brawlfest this Saturday?

IxxI

Smash Fence
How will my meme form?
:D

I hope to become a Smash Director around September with the tournament I will be hosting, even though this is the 3rd one I've hosted, hah.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
*shakes fist at SuSa*

That's my goal. Beating them in dittos. I can get close to beating them, but not quite.

And I'm hoping to go. I'm pretty sure I can make it, assuming nothing ends up happening this weekend. Also, some people in the Colorado thread aren't joining the Fence group. >_>

Underload

Lazy
I was actually surprised at all the Snakes at C3T as compared to the last Cutthroat tourney. JCVD, you, dook, Lunchbox, and all these Snake that I've never seen before. Crampin' my style...

At least no one uses Diddy in CO.

etecoon

Smash Hero
some of you people should snake ditto me online, I keep losing in ditto's to people who are otherwise ranked way below me on aib lol =/ any EC people around?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'd like to play you, I generally am not too bad with most west coast people, CT oddly enough seems to be my internets bane(not that far o-O)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is AiB the best place to look for online brawls? Cause if so, I should probably start going there. >_>

And I'd do some Snake dittos right now, but I'm kinda tied up doing other things at the moment. I could do some a little later if you're up for it. Just don't expect anything amazing. D:

Edit: Lol, nevermind. SuSa got ya. My connection is always orange at best, but people don't seem to have a huge problem with it. I still think it's just my wii. :/

And SuSa has a devil rank. 1666

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's generally good to randomly play sets with people but of course nintendo made the internet an uncessary pain in the *** so I mostly play people I already know a lot...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I play the same 2 or 3 people over and over again, so I wouldn't mind getting random brawls with people. I still need a bunch of practice with certain characters. Especially MK. They're everywhere, and I suck at fighting him. :/

SuSa

AiB ladder is great for WiFi, which is decent for matchup experience. (Some > None) but otherwise AiB fails in almost every way. In my extremely unbiased opinion. (I've hated the site since before I was a moderator here.)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yep. Definately unbiased. :p I guess I'll look into AiB for the wifi. That's all that sounded appealing to me anyway really.

That'd be awesome etecoon. I'm reading up on MK to see how people play him. Maybe screw around with him a bit myself to get used to how he's played. It's easier to fight a character when you know how to play them in my opinion.

Yep. Definately unbiased. :p I guess I'll look into AiB for the wifi. That's all that sounded appealing to me anyway really.

That'd be awesome etecoon. I'm reading up on MK to see how people play him. Maybe screw around with him a bit myself to get used to how he's played. It's easier to fight a character when you know how to play them in my opinion.
Yes, but the best experience always comes from playing against the character in the hands of an expert. You'll encounter stuff you never encountered before and you'll remember it, even if it doesn't always work. *pokes SuSa's ganon on Norfair*

etecoon

Smash Hero
Speaking of gay stages like norfair and AiB, I hate how like every gay stage that is allowed in some places but not most others, is allowed on AiB <_< it makes it feel like your one stage ban is totally insufficient and pointless...like seriously where is LM and DP still legal anyway o_O

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I know what you mean. It just doesn't hurt to know how to play a character. I always do better against characters I've looked up and played around with already.

Ganon is 2gud on Norfair... My friend owns me there all the time with his Ganon... Ganoncide in the lava is so laaaaaaaaaaame.

Speaking of gay stages like norfair and AiB, I hate how like every gay stage that is allowed in some places but not most others, is allowed on AiB <_< it makes it feel like your one stage ban is totally insufficient and pointless...like seriously where is LM and DP still legal anyway o_O
I don't quiet follow the first sentence. Too many commas and the trail of thought is lost. But I believe I get your point on. There are a ton of CP that are still allowed, even though it is not widespread to use certain CPs.

My opinion to you etecoon is be thankful. You use MK and Snake. So no stage can screw you over. I use Snake and Falco. Snake does well on just about any stage. Falco is messed up on a few. The only stage that would really mess me up for my mains would be Rainbow Cruise. But I just have to have a personal ban on that and I am set.

And stages like luigi's mansion I never really thought was that bad. You just have play a little differently such as destroying the columns is a good idea to make the stage more like FD, but a much higher ceiling and occasional small platforms on the side. I dont' think people play enough on the CPs. Everyone just plays on neutrals all the time. I've gotten into the habit of selecting random (with CPs and neutrals in the random selection list only) everytime I do wifi friendlies now. Plus, I never get bored with playing on BF, SV or FD anymore either xD

SuSa

Yes, but the best experience always comes from playing against the character in the hands of an expert. You'll encounter stuff you never encountered before and you'll remember it, even if it doesn't always work. *pokes SuSa's ganon on Norfair*

*points to my name*

EDIT:
Distant Planet is ********. Just camp on the leaves with Snake. I have a 7 minute match vs a DK I won by doing so. I'll record that + take sexy pictures of myself tomorrow for everyone.

I just want to give AiB a good reason to ban DP. By planking the hell out of it, and abusing D3 there.

etecoon

Smash Hero
My opinion to you etecoon is be thankful. You use MK and Snake. So no stage can screw you over. I use Snake and Falco. Snake does well on just about any stage. Falco is messed up on a few. The only stage that would really mess me up for my mains would be Rainbow Cruise. But I just have to have a personal ban on that and I am set.
I don't really use MK much on AiB, I don't feel confident in him at all if there's much lag, and snake can get very stage gayed. I also use AiB more for just random experience, I don't just use my mains, so far this season I've used snake(most games), MK, Marth, Falco, GAW, DDD, ROB, and Wario...

and yeah, I mean that, pretty much no where has that combination of stages, up until recently like a few places would have LM or norfair or DP but you never really see them together except at AiB, and actually I think LM is banned pretty much everywhere now...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hate distant planet... It's up there on my list with 75m and Hanenbow. Really lame stage...

I don't mind Distant Planet as much. 75m, hanenbow and spear pillar were all banned for good reasons. I don't like DP simply because of the uneven terrain. I need flat stages with flat platforms to do well (dislikes YI brawl).

I dont' like hanenbow because of the stinking stalling people do like on 75m, hyrule or new pork.

Mariobros. stage is fun to play on at times xD All out item throwing, reflecting blow out xD

SuSa

It's midnight, I wake up at 6:30, and I have my last final tomorrow.

I'm off to bed, night everyone. See you at 5pm~ because I'm going to see The Soloist tomorrow in the $3 theatres at 3pm. School gets out at 12:15pm and I'll be hanging out at the movies to get first seat.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love Mario Bros! 4 players all as space animals and it's crazy. Just put on like 20 lives so it doesn't end in 10 seconds.

Top Bottom