• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R³ : DECEMBER 19th / 20th

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
tight, thanks onski

10 makes me frown, but i understand that it's not your fault

would we be getting any small discount for just a cube/game?

onski?

Smash Ace
just so everyone is clear, the "full set-up" is a TV + Cube (with Melee and memory card). we're still being ****ed decent and allowing any lay over set-ups to be deemed as discountable to anyone the proprietor chooses. so if you have 3 set-ups you can throw the additional $5 discount someone else's way..

the venue is dumba$$ expensive, way more than last year, which is why we're stressing out over here. so lets get a gang of people to come through so we can break even. :D

tight, thanks onski
would we be getting any small discount for just a cube/game?
working on it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
something that used to be commonly done when there were smaller events leading into a larger event was to take a small cut at each small one and set that aside for the large event

a little late for that since there's only one CGC left before R3 but just something to keep in mind for the future

Shroomed

Smash Master
bump the azen late rule fee up to $100 to cover the venue fee out of san pablo's pockets alone
this would probably jus make san pablo not go anymore

or rather, me not go anymore cuz everyone else in san pablo would jus bart lol

The___cheese

Smash Lord
Barting is no fun. It's also twisted logic. Because if I have the money for bart. I certainly have the money to give to you as gas money.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I just notice the venue fee is $20 bucks for this size of this tournament. No thanks, I'm not going to this anymore.

MacD

Banned via Administration
3 in a row??? dam you must be ballin

i'll have to practice ****** your boy oscar so that i'm used to the feeling when i do it to you

Adam M!

Smash Lord
if you're doing a big mm why can't you use whoever you want? no johns macd

onski?

Smash Ace
Melee Singles and Doubles Finals are going to be split across multiple TVs. that way everyone can get a clear picture of whats going on. in addition to live stream, commentary, secks, etc.

onski?

Smash Ace
i'm thinking about doing some off hours hype by livestreaming from my place. in between day 1 & 2. the projected list of people im housing are PRIY GUD

something that used to be commonly done when there were smaller events leading into a larger event was to take a small cut at each small one and set that aside for the large event

a little late for that since there's only one CGC left before R3 but just something to keep in mind for the future
CGC XIV is being run so that we can pay off our insurance. which is roughly 14% of the total cost of the Towers Conference Center for 2 days. (that's expensive btw). we are going to be getting a lot of nice **** with the venue (i.e. comfy chairs, big *** tables, LCD projecter, TVs, etc.) and in the end we're going to be doing a lot of extra little things to make the event special and cherished. i'm personally bringing along my Nikon F3 to shoot legit 35mm prints of all the winners and their winnings, plus multiple reaction shots throughout both days.

Top Bottom