• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quite a predicament.

Levitas

the moon
You tell them that you have a friend you met on the internet and want to meet him. (wrong answer)

You wait for the next tournament, grab a friend you know to go with you to it, and meet him there. (right answer)

The nice thing about tournaments is that they're public and impersonal. I promise it'll be easier to get your folks to be ok w/ you going to one, especially if you bring a couple friends along.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Thing is my parents already pretty much hate video games.
I could go with a friend easy enough, but the thing is there's no tournaments close to this place, they're all like an hour or so away, which is a lot more than 15 minutes.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
or vg is this new kid you made friends with in school and you get him to play along

he transferred into your english class

problem solved

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Just say you are visitng a friend's house. It's the truth.

And if you are going to a tournament, say my friend and I are going out.

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
I fought Vicegrip only once in our first encounter. (we were gunna fight the second and third time we met but we never had a chance to) I dont live that far either as well but I rarely go to riverside/san bernadino nowadays.

if theres a tournament in luigis churnch near the future, ill surely attend it. that place is recognizable haha

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
But he's in college and I'm in high school.
Do they have to know that? What year are you? If you're a Senior they can't be that strict and say you can't visit. : /

Otherwise I'd just say he's a friend like dajay said. Do they really ask for the age of your friends?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Tell them you've been cordially invited to ViceGrip's party. Not just any part, but a Halloween party! :laugh:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Just say you're going to a friend's place. He lives 15 minutes away. Just don't tell the full truth. Lol. Keep your phone with you and make sure you don't act suspicious or anything. XD

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
The tl;dr version of these responses is "Lie to your parents." I'm ashamed.

When I'm in a situation like this, I say "What would Ness do?"
Then I hit my neighbor's dog with a baseball bat.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Tell your mom to be like Ness' mom and let you go out at night and have a nice big steak ready for you when you get back home.

Top Bottom