• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick question why do we think mk is close to even...I personally think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underload

Lazy
How many of those Snakes are playing their character correctly and to his full potential? Very few.

You still aren't considering that you're living at least 20-30% longer than any other high tier character, save for Dedede. Knowing that is crucial to understanding why juggling isn't the godsent plague for Snake players. You're just pessimistic about the character in general, so I really shouldn't be arguing with you in the first place.

etecoon

Smash Hero
How many of those Snakes are playing their character correctly and to his full potential? Very few.
I don't watch vids of bad players, I'm talking about ally/razer/fatal etc. here. obviously everyone has room to improve, but that goes for players of other characters as well, and I think sans meta knight snake is the next most developed character/snake players have reached deeper into his potential than others have as a whole

napZzz

Smash Hero
if you miss a move you're prone to punishment easy as snake, once you're in the air you're probably gonna take a decent amount of damage before you land, or are pressured properly

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
snake doesn't get punished hard?

oh look, i got down dtilted by meta knight off the stage. i died.

oh look, marth knocked me off stage, and hit me off every time i tried to recover. i died.

oh look, i grabbed by falco at low percents. i died

make a mistake against snake, youll probably get ftilted (max 21%). if snake makes a mistake against most top tier characters, he takes upwards of 40% AND loses the ability to reset the zoning of his nade game, essentially disallowing him to properly use his best tool. so it's not just the damage we're talking about, its the fact that his game plan is completely messed up. unlike a character like mk, who can just grab the ledge and has completely reset any bad situation, or diddy, who can run back and pull out two nanas, once again resetting the bad situation.

etecoon

Smash Hero
falco actually shouldn't kill you with CG > spike, but it still gives him a massive % lead and I agree with everything else you said

Calzorz

Smash Lord
I don't watch vids of bad players, I'm talking about ally/razer/fatal etc. here. obviously everyone has room to improve, but that goes for players of other characters as well, and I think sans meta knight snake is the next most developed character/snake players have reached deeper into his potential than others have as a whole
yea us europeans never get mentioned :laugh:

etecoon

Smash Hero
calz you're really good and I got mad respect for you, I just can't go putting you in top 3 when you haven't played the same people so it's hard to tell exactly where you'd rank, you're definitely a very good snake that anyone could learn a lot from though

Calzorz

Smash Lord
calz you're really good and I got mad respect for you, I just can't go putting you in top 3 when you haven't played the same people so it's hard to tell exactly where you'd rank, you're definitely a very good snake that anyone could learn a lot from though
yea i hear what ur saying man to be fair i have to travel to u.s but i dont wana spend something stupid like £800 to go but recent results of me

Doubles (28 Teams):
1: Calzorz + Koukin
2: Mr-R + iStudy
3: LP + Staco

then i didnt sleep and failed in singles lol

Singles (69 Players):
1: MintyFlesh (Mr-R)
2: luigi_player
3: Staco
4: Istudying
5: Blub
5: Calzorz

and then obviously bushido which ally came too

Doubles
(51 Teams)

Doubles Bracket

1st. Kaos [France] + Ally [Canada]
2nd. Mr R + istudying [Netherlands]
3rd. Luigi Player [Austria] + Staco [Germany]
4th. Bjay + Leon [France]
5th. Kaak + T [Netherlands]
5th. Anaky + Calzorz [England]

Singles
(140 entrants)

Singles Bracket

1st. Glutonny [France]
2nd. Ally [Canada]
3rd. Kaos [France]
4th. Leon [France]
5th. Greward [Spain] -
5th. Mr R [Netherlands]
7th. Staco [Germany]
7th. Calzorz [England]

mybe u know some of them players i dono? america dont seem to know much about the europe scene is kinda shame that we cant be compared to u guys without
traveling

my bad taking up space with my results just showing etecoon ignore it every1 else xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
I recognize a few, obviously we all know gluttony now rofl

LOL at ramin using minty's tag

RATED

Smash Lord
says M2k.

10irony

Apprentice GoKeN

Smash Rookie
Bunch of ****in females i see in this thread.

Get off my boards you *****es.
THis is easily snakes best matchup.
9:1
Your a man hes a ****in puffball, **** him up.

SNAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

----AFRO on brothers account

AfroQT

Smash Master
Bunch of ****in females i see in this thread.

Get off my boards you *****es.
THis is easily snakes best matchup.
9:1
Your a man hes a ****in puffball, **** him up.

SNAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

----AFRO on brothers account
My brother hes so cute he mains marth quite cute.
(My post)

Judo777

Smash Master
you guys act like getting knocked into the air with snake is like auto damage. unlike alot of other characters snake has tools to get around getting juggled all day. I play sheik and i get knocked into the air by good MK's and dont get juggled all day. And sheik has TERRIBLE options at getting to the ground. She doesnt have decently large hitboxes that can trade with people or any where near snakes airspeed. Not to mention the ability to pluck grenades or use b reversing when ur falling. Like seriously avoiding juggles strings even if the other player acts perfectly still comes down to a guessing game. And everytime snake guesses right it only adds to his stiffling weight advantage.

Also i know the snake MU pretty well.

napZzz

Smash Hero
you guys act like getting knocked into the air with snake is like auto damage. unlike alot of other characters snake has tools to get around getting juggled all day. I play sheik and i get knocked into the air by good MK's and dont get juggled all day. And sheik has TERRIBLE options at getting to the ground. She doesnt have decently large hitboxes that can trade with people or any where near snakes airspeed. Not to mention the ability to pluck grenades or use b reversing when ur falling. Like seriously avoiding juggles strings even if the other player acts perfectly still comes down to a guessing game. And everytime snake guesses right it only adds to his stiffling weight advantage.

Also i know the snake MU pretty well.
please read what you say before you post, lol

lol knowing matchups is alot more than most people think...playing it alot usually doesn't mean you automatically know it, and just because you think you know the matchup doesn't mean you know SNAKE

etecoon

Smash Hero
if MK knocks snake in the air and trades damage with him afterward it's entirely MK's fault. if executed properly it IS auto damage, snake literally has zero options vs some traps, and many other situations where his lack of options heavily stacks the guessing game in his opponents favor

Judo777

Smash Master
if MK knocks snake in the air and trades damage with him afterward it's entirely MK's fault. if executed properly it IS auto damage, snake literally has zero options vs some traps, and many other situations where his lack of options heavily stacks the guessing game in his opponents favor
Bull****, snake always has options to get out of the air. I play kel all the time with snake and its not auto damage. You have ways of avoiding him its just tricky.

And how the hell do u guys know if i know the snake MU or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom