• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieg

Smash Champion
That's very nostalgic lol. Maybe I should get his Best hits and pump it out at work. It's just so sudden. Was talking to a friend at work and she says they come in three lol. Dunno what to expect.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Seriously thinking about coming to the one on the 4th, only thing stopping me is that brawl singles start at 11.15 and i would be late... so i dunno, whats the timeline like on the next one?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Thing is would it be a day trip or would we stay out there. UP to Greeny of course.
And we can always do stuff here if it'll be easier.

@Lachlan:
Next Melee Tournament is Sunday July 12th at QE2 Stadium/QPAC, its at Mt Gravatt roughly if you don't know.
http://www.lansmash.com/event/wintersmash-2009-sunday-12th-july - Sign up yo!

@Everyone:
So who wants to do Melee monthlies or bi-monthlies at least in the months that don't have a lansmash/once a year giant epic tourny?
I would be happy to hold them here because I know (I wouldn't say I trust all of you lol, but we can make it work) all the people who mostly wanna play Melee and have more than enough space (pantry smash lol).
Plus its a good chance for the new guys to stay amongst things and stuff.

If people think an actual venue would be better then we can do that too, what do yous think???

Definitely sounds good. I am up for it. If you end up staying heaps late you can definitely stay the night, but you would have to bail before around 9.30 as Jared has church in the morning.

Edit: Mad double post is mad.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
bob is like the god of Australian smash, seriously pwns kids, like 64 times....
see what I did thar

Sirias

Smash Champion
WTF MJ is dead? XD Random. Oh well. <3 Still wub.

And how the heck did you know my birthday was tomorrow, Ben?
The fack.
I'm not doing anything Saturday anyway, just gonna stay home and have smex.

But anyway.
Sunday at Bob's?
Someone txt me when and all that.

Oh sht I might not be able to go, friend going to go to a lawyer on Monday morning and I 'should' go...
Meh, we'll see.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Well, I went around to Indro to post some posters up at any games store, so Garden City, and the city left to go.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I was gonna ask when you were moving. If there's cheap flights I'll visit ya and you can introduce me to your new Aboriginal friends.

I've been whoring MJ classics, everyones doin it

Sieg

Smash Champion
Vyse Post:

Okay so meet tommorrow (er today) at Bob's.
I think he wants us all to turn up after lunch kinda.
KK! You should come as well.

I'll call people tommorrow morning either way lol.

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
SHOULD I SLEEP?!?!?!?! meh ill just turn up tomoz and sleep yeayuhz, might bring lach***.

Browny

Smash Hater
So like theres a good chance ill be coming up to QLD sometime in the next few months for Uni (may have to visit the UQ engineering campus). I hope its on a weekend or something where i could possibly come to one of these things :D

Sieg

Smash Champion
I agree, even though I kinda didn't wanna go, I'm glad I did, because it was awesome.

FRAMERATE Arrow.

IT'S TIME. TIME FOR DAT UP TILT.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So like theres a good chance ill be coming up to QLD sometime in the next few months for Uni (may have to visit the UQ engineering campus). I hope its on a weekend or something where i could possibly come to one of these things :D
For sure Browny!

Also, Arrow, the unlimited replay code is a cinch.

I can send you my GCT file with that code + the unlimited camera and file replacement code. It also has a code to make the default settings to the tournament rules (except it defaults random select for stages which is annoying).

I've had that frame rate issue before ocassionally on my Wii when using textures, but not always, so it's probably just an intermittent thing or a TV thing. I'm not sure. Though it didn't feel like it was causing the kind of lag you feel between 50 and 60hz). It was just outright skipping frames which seems odd, but as soon as textures were turned off, the animation was smooth again.

I wasn't getting riled up over anything last night, I was genuinely surprised that neither of you guys noticed the constant screen flickering. I'm sorry if you guys (Michael (Francis)) thought I was trying to be arrogant, that wasn't my goal, but I can see how it would come across that way. I was 100% sure of myself, what could I do? lol.

EDIT:

I'll Drive Ya C***!
I'M OUTTA ****ING TOILET PAPER!

Michael and I at the game on Saturday:
http://g.imagehost.org/view/0116/Image0010
http://g.imagehost.org/view/0682/Image0011
http://g.imagehost.org/view/0088/Image0012

It was a fun meet guys. I feel like I got a lot of practice in for Melee and Brawl.
I still fail to Snake though :(

Thanks for hosting us Bob and thanks for driving Michael and I home Rob.

It's getting close to when I go.
Exciting times.

Needle tommorrow ;_;

Wouldn't mind one more outing before I go to watch Transformers.
Or even just more smash. I needs moar practice.
lol.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yer i know its a cinch to do it, but 2 lazy 2 find sd card reader.

as for frame rate i cant personally see it... XD its not obvious like wifi lag : < but then again my eyes are messed up :X but yeah if u want to play at 60hz we can XD it doesn't matter to me ya smooth criminal.

UPTILT TIME,

WALK INTO MY FORAWRD SMAASH,

GORDO HAXS,

Dat up smash =P

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Thing is that we were playing at 60hz though. It's not lag per se, the game was just dropping frames, and for those miliseconds per seconds, it was doubling up on frames to make up for those that were lost. So we were still playing at the same speed and there was no lag, but visually it felt like it was showing certain frames longer than others.

That's my hypothesis anyway. I loaded up texturised brawl to play with my brother this afternoon and now I don't think it's intermittent. In fact, if Scrubs hadn't said anything about it, I wouldn't have either. Playing texture hacked Brawl seems to have this effect, but after playing for a while, I didn't notice the flicker at all.

It's not like playing at 50hz in Brawl where there is a very slight lag. After playing for a while I didn't notice it at all, so yeah, I'm not suprised you don't notice it. I didn't really pay it much attention til Ben said something about it last night.

So keep the textures. Whether they're on or not won't really affect anything.
I plan to :p

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I'll Drive Ya C***!
I'M OUTTA ****ING TOILET PAPER!

Wouldn't mind one more outing before I go to watch Transformers.
Or even just more smash. I needs moar practice.
lol.
Wednesday?

And I noticed the lag instantly.
Lol James, I drove ya ****.
And I also know WHERE YOU AT!

Also:
Melee (bi?/)monthlies?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Wednesday may not be good since I leave Thursday, my dad will be like "ZOMG, U MUST STAY HOME AND PACK".

So tommorrow night would be best I guess.
lol.

Probably not gonna happen though. :p
We'll see.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Wednesday sounds good! lets do it Wednesday, cause I have work off then =P

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
-Deal.
I have enough hours in my sleep bank, I can spend them on Wednesday so yas can come at like 2:30pm or earlier and be all the good. and stuff. And yes it DOES totally work like that.
Kickflip is probably coming too. :)
Antho, I'll even drive ya ****, if need be, as long as it doesn't effect me getting to work in time. :dizzy:
If tonight is your only option and you have no one else to smish with...let me know! n stuff.

-"Also:
Melee (bi?/)monthlies? "

-Yeah come Browny so we can have an SA name to add to this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcat/3621713632/
4 NSW 2 VIC 1 TAS 22 QLD currently.
Also, you might plays smash and have fun with us. maybe. :laugh:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Guys, I'm watching transformers tonight which may be my last outing before I go.
If anyone wants to come my way today/tonight, I'd be more than happy to play smash with yas, then we could head off to the movies.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Ehhhhh. Maybe. I don't really feel like it atm lol. Was thinking about playing TF2 or Empires all night again lol.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I wish i was on the wall =(
You should be! Next time your here you will be. Its a condition of entry into the house.

So, anyone who is coming today, don't turn up before 2pm!
Also, if your REALLY awesome, you'll catch the 544 from Grand Plaza so I don't have to pick ya up.
I think thats all.

Oh yeah, in case anyone missed it:

"Speaking of Dreamworld, the Friday before Wintersmash (July the 10th) its open after dark!
http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content...creamworldMain
Let's go!
Only 25 bucks each if we can get 4 people, YYYEEAHHHZZZZ!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom