• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Cool, Saturday works for me.
Also any idea of what time? i just ask cause i gotta work around public transport from mt gravatt.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll probably train it up there unless Chris wants to go and could perhaps spare a seat in his car <3
Or Doug, or whoever wants to drive there.

J-Birds: Usually we aim for about 12-1pm?
If you can get yourself to trinder park station, somebody will come get you.

EDIT: Ryan, I'll Melee you next week. I've got Uni submissions due Friday, then next week is almost like a nothing week since all the gaming students go on a camp.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
I demand black widow melee peach

Now only playing chris' wii for black widow peach

ARROW<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< I hear you have REBORN! which i have gotten a intrest in it.If you could burn it or something id apreciate it

EDIT
Ryans sandbagging in melee the other day made me want to vs other people so if you want anthony i would be up for melee

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Saturday works for me as well. So it's in Browns plain? what's the easiest way to get there from Annerley?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
@Hotdog:
Hillcrest to be more specific.
Peverell St to be even more specific.
Annerley hey?
Want a lift? I just so happen to have work early Saturday morning and might well be within 5 minutes of Annerley when I finish which I'm guessing will about 10am.
Let me know.

If not, try and work out a way to bus to Browns Plains Grand Plaza, or if train is easier go to Trindor Park, its on the Beenleigh line, just let me know 20 minutes before you get there (Coopers (Koopa's) Plains) so ya don't have to wait around being bored and stuff.

@J-Birds:
Yeah, if ya can catch the 140 to Grand Plaza I can pick you up, OR if you are a real Hard-Out then from Grand Plaza ya catch the 544 Forestdale/Grand Plaza and get off at the last stop on Connifer St or the first stop on Peverell St, then just make your way up the numbers to 111. Its the big one. :) Upstairs.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well in that case ill come over djs in the morning if i get up.. but ill leave for my party thing at 4 ish :S
maybe ill come back if u guys are still up =P

koopa's plains just as funny as port town granted that i dont know where that is ~_~

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Ahh yea, sounds good, I got work at 4 though... so I'll prob have to leave early to bus/train it back lol.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
@Hotdog:
Want a lift? I just so happen to have work early Saturday morning and might well be within 5 minutes of Annerley when I finish which I'm guessing will about 10am.
Cancel that.
No work Saturday morning for me, Doug is doing it (not that Doug).

Now to add something useful to this post...oh crap, just put in a catchphrase and run! :urg:

Not Even!

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Fun time will be had by all.
Hey arrow, can't wait for the rematch.
Chris and Dino Vs Arrow and Ben
Hopefully it doesn't go for 3 hours this time.
Still, we could give lifts to people that need to leave,
or at least get them to the Browns (Stains) Plains bus stop.
Bye

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Start at 10am at the earliest. As for you Hotdog.........
I don't know, if no-one is coming from the north or the city,
and you don't take public transport, Bob might get you in the
morning but it would be a if there is no other way.
I am uncertain about the way back have to organize that tonight.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea, I wouldn't mind bob picking me up in the morning... but it's just getting back before work I'm worried about... I looked at translink, said I have to take 3 buses and ****... brutal.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
@D.J Cat Thanks for the directions i checked translink but it can be pretty confusing sometimes. Anyway i may be able to snag a lift with rents otherwise yeah I'm looking at the 3 bus journey- 184,140,534/544 which isn't that bad just heading into uncharted lands.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hope it doesn't take too long to get here, give me a buzz on the blozz (0448 993 598) when you get to Grand Plaza, and I'll pick you up if I'm there (ie: not picking up some other Doyle:) )
The 544 is convenient, as long as you don't have to wait for it.

@Rob: Do both, be a hard-out. :)

@Hotdog: Lemme know what ya need, I might take ya back if ya can get here maybe./ :dizzy:

We need State of Origin against NSW in Brawl Crews, game 1 @ WinterSmash maybe? ;)
Also, can't wait for Brisbane vs Gold Coast crew battles at AutumnSmash.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Looks like I'll have to give this one a pass for now, too much hassle for me to get there haha. Maybe next time guys =)

Thanks anyways!

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-That was a great meet Bob, had a massively long and fun smash session for both brawl and melee =)
-Props also to Antho for running that mini-tourney, forcing everyon to play each other was a pretty neat idea, and I think it is a good idea for future meets to make sure everyone gets some variety in the people thye play
-And yeah, it was great to see the strong brisbane support there, can see some great potential for Brisbane =D

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Great stuff on the weekend guys, hope those of you who came by public transport didn't have to wait too long to get here. ;)

Is anyone up for some semi-weekly mid-week meets?
I'll be up for both Melee and Brawl (and N64) most afternoons/evenings.
And I'll travel too, if anyone wants to just host for a few hours with maybe just a few people.
Let us know.
Wednesdays seem good for it.

Also, we be thinking we should host a little build up tournament for AutumnSmash in 3-5 weeks time.
Let us know what of the following is most suiting:
18th/19th of April
25th/26th if May
2nd/3rd of May (Public Holiday on the 4th)
I'm guessing that Saturday will be the most preferred day on any given Sunday.
Brawl and Melee depending on numbers/interest level.
Probably just the 1 day, but it could go onto 2.
ALSO, cricket on a lazy Sunday afternoon would be grand.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
gawd online sucks for street fighter. gawd Kas is to good at games. Gawd Ryan shouldnt of picked up Sagat, Gawd Res Evil 5 was annoying

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Great time at DJ's meet!
Fun brawls and a bit of me failing at melee.
Good idea with the little round-robin tournament Vyse, it was good to verse a variety of people.
Ill have to hang round for some epic sizzler next time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom